PDA

View Full Version : (3.5e) any prestige classes for barbarian/ divine character.

ALOR
2008-10-09, 01:23 AM
I'm looking for any prestige class's that are tailored to barbarian and divine casters. the concept is for birthright in the vos lands (for those who don't know The Vos are a cross between Russians and Mongols). I'm leaning toward the Divine class being Favored Soul because I like the idea of my powers spontaneously appearing in a barbaric culture.
Now FYI I'm not looking for cheese just some suggestions on what works well together. all Wotc books are open
Thanks in advance.
Alor

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-09, 01:33 AM
The problem is that there are few options to allow casting while Raged. The only one I can think of is Rage Mage, which is both arcane and really weak. You could do a lot with Chained and/or Persisted buffs cast before wading into melee, and your party will love it as long as you avoid CoDzilla. I recommend finding a way to get turning, then using DMM to buff the party. I'd say use Cleric or a fix(sorry, but the Favored Soul is mangled by WotC). Go Barb 1/Cleric X/PrC X.

Temp.
2008-10-09, 01:38 AM
If Book of Exalted Deeds is an option, the Champion of Gwynnhorf (spelling?) is a Barbarian with self-contained casting. It's not great, but it's pretty okay.

Honestly Divine Power, Righteous Might and the like have little, if any, fluff difference from a Barbarian's Rage except that they're granted by the character's god. Straight Cleric could work.

I can't think of any Barbarian-ish class that advances another class's spellcasting, so I don't know what to say.

Telonius
2008-10-09, 07:53 AM
Champion of G the Unspellable was the first thing that came to my mind as well.

Is Rage significantly important to you, or could some of the other classes be re-flavored? You could go with a normal class and take the Illiterate flaw, if you're going for the "rough barbarian" type.

I'm not familiar with Vos, but a re-flavored Knight/Cleric or Paladin/Cleric might suit your needs, if "honorable savage" is what you're going for. Both the Mongols and the Russians were famed horsemen, and both of those classes were designed with mounts in mind.