PDA

View Full Version : The Spiffy New Sidebar

Zherog
2004-10-05, 08:11 PM
Well, when I'm at work it looks really awesome. However, on my home laptop, I'm not seeing all the buttons. In fact, all I see are "Shop" and "FAQ".

If I right click on one of them ("Post" for exanple, I get this message:

The file /Images/Post_Unlit.jpg cannot be found. Please check the location and try again.

If I right click, and select properties, I get:

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/Post_Unlit.jpg

If I right click on FAQ (one of the ones that works) and select properties, I get:

http://www.giantitp.com/Images/FAQ_Unlit.jpg

Sure looks like the same format.

The problems occur on my home PC. I'm using Mozilla v1.6 at home. Things look OK at work, where I use a version if IE.

Thought you might wanna know about it...

RawBearNYC
2004-10-06, 10:57 AM
Have you tried it in IE at home? I'll see if I can track that down. Odd behavior, tho, as those files do exist.

RawBearNYC
2004-10-06, 10:59 AM
I'm also going to suggest you clear your cache in Mozilla, as well.

Zherog
2004-10-06, 11:00 AM
I have not, but I'll do so when I get home this evening (unless I can get Mrs. Zherog to try it during the day, then I'll let you know sooner).

I can tell you the sidebar menu worked fine prior to the recent changes on Mozilla at home.

If I can do anything else at all to help you track it down, let me know.

edit: I'll also dump my cache this evening and let you know the results.

Zherog
2004-10-06, 08:24 PM
Dumping cache seemed to do the trick. Sorry if my making you think caused any headaches (or worse). ;)

RawBearNYC
2004-10-07, 10:57 AM
No worries, the only thinking I did was to avoid the #2 answer from my "Standard Tech Support Suggestions" handbook. But noone likes to hear "Try rebooting your computer."

Zherog
2004-10-07, 11:31 AM
:D

#1 being, of course, "Is it plugged in?"

RawBearNYC
2004-10-07, 02:25 PM

#1 being, of course, "Is it plugged in?"

Yup yup. And it's #1 for a reason. I've frequently skipped that step only to kick myself for doing it when later, I found that it wasn't, in fact, plugged in.