PDA

View Full Version : New Post Icon

Maj
2004-10-05, 06:41 PM
Lately, whenever I open the main boards page, it doesn't put the green foot icon up and let me know there are new posts in the different forums. Once I an in the forum and looking at the threads, it does. Once I mark a forum read, then the main page displays properly, but until then, all of my browsers have issues.

I don't know if there's anything that can be done, but I figured I lost nothing by posting.

http://majik.be/smilies/maj.gif

RawBearNYC
2004-10-06, 10:56 AM
hmmm...that's a toughy. I'm not having that problem at all.

What browsers are covered by "all my browsers"?

Have you considered clearing your cache? (probably not the problem, tho, if the browsers are diffierent technologies).

I'm hoping that if others are having the same problems, that they'll post here, might make it easier to narrow down what the problem is.

Maj
2004-10-07, 02:24 AM
I use opera (2 different versions) and internet explorer.

Seems like it's just me, though...

Zherog
2004-10-07, 10:16 AM
I use IE 6.0.2800 at work, and Mozilla (I forget the version number) at home. Both work OK for me.

Must be just you, Maj. ;)

Maj
2004-10-07, 12:26 PM
Actually, I think I figured out what the problem related to...

I was logged in, but not (?!). So I logged out and logged back in again and it works fine now.

:)

RawBearNYC
2004-10-07, 02:24 PM
Oh, that's interesting. I've seen that happen in other places, but never on our boards. So, in reality, you weren't logged into the pages where you weren't seeing the feet. Hmm.

If you find that happening more, let me know, that really helps me figure out where to look for things.