PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3: Recon (AKA: Start the Bungie hype machine)

Zakama
2008-10-09, 04:05 PM
And on me at least, the hype machine is working terrifically.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ournextgame

Must... Wait... Till... Fall 09... :smalleek:

Emperor Ing
2008-10-09, 04:08 PM
FALL 2009?! Aww, that's like a year away. They'dve come out with with like 6 new maps for GOW 2 by then. :smallsigh:

Jibar
2008-10-09, 04:15 PM
Ah.

...charming.

Zakama
2008-10-09, 04:19 PM
Ah.

...charming.

Oh Jibar, you and your Halo meh-ness...

Mr._Blinky
2008-10-09, 07:59 PM
That actually looks...really cool. Count me as excited.

I'm really looking forward to playing as someone who isn't a super-soldier in the Haloverse. This seems like it could be a bit more stealth oriented, with more picking of fights than rushing headlong in. Though this is just speculation, and this being Halo the guns blazing approach might be the one they take anyways.

Also, that silenced rifle, whatever it is? Badass.

warty goblin
2008-10-09, 08:14 PM
Anybody else wish that Bungie would do a Myth style Halo RTS? Wouldn't that be awesome? Get a couple units at the start of the mission, slowly scout the map, use cover, special abilities and so on? I'm all for shooters (particularly those with PC ports...), but it'd be nice to see Bungie break out of their mold a bit now and again.

chiasaur11
2008-10-09, 08:21 PM
Recon...
Reconstruction
Red vs. Blue Reconstruction...
hmmmmm...

Also: Yay ODSTs!

Mr._Blinky
2008-10-09, 09:50 PM
Anybody else wish that Bungie would do a Myth style Halo RTS? Wouldn't that be awesome? Get a couple units at the start of the mission, slowly scout the map, use cover, special abilities and so on? I'm all for shooters (particularly those with PC ports...), but it'd be nice to see Bungie break out of their mold a bit now and again.

Uh, you do realize that they've been in the process of making/hyping Halo Wars for...forever now, right?

warty goblin
2008-10-09, 09:53 PM
Uh, you do realize that they've been in the process of making/hyping Halo Wars for...forever now, right?

That's why I stipulated 'like Myth.' Halo Wars doesn't interest me very much at all.