PDA

View Full Version : Threads Per Page

The Giant
2004-06-24, 11:32 PM
I upped the number of threads displayed on each page from 20 to 30. Threads were getting knocked off the front page too quickly, especially in Friendly Banter, and Play was filling up with so many sticky threads.

It might cause it to take longer to load the pages; I don't notice a difference, but I have a cable connection. People on dial-up might notice. If it's unbearable for too many people, I'll drop it back down.

You may also notice on low traffic forums like Boards Issues and Features that threads with the NEW! tag will start to creep up from the bottom, even though there are no new posts on them. That's because the boards software only records NEW! status for 120 days. If a thread hasn't been posted on for 4 months, in other words, it gets marked NEW! again. If it bothers you, just click "Mark All Topics Read" and it will de-NEW! the thread for another 4 months.

WampaX
2004-06-25, 04:13 AM
Along these lines . . .

I seem to be unable to see new threads from the main page. Also, whenever I click one of the new threads, it does not mark it as read.

RawBear?

Gorbash Kazdar
2004-06-25, 10:19 AM
Thanks, Giant! I had been thinking about PMing you about this, but you've addressed it already.

I was having the same problem as Wampa, but it seems fine now.

Bogotter
2004-06-25, 09:49 PM
Yeah mine was doing the same thing but it appears to be all fine now.

The Giant
2004-06-25, 10:58 PM
It probably is related to what brought the server down for about an hour or two on Friday. I wouldn't worry about it unless it happens again.

RawBearNYC
2004-06-27, 04:13 AM
Wampa, has it stopped for you or are you still experiencing the problem?