View Full Version : When Xbox's Attack!

Forderz
2008-10-11, 07:28 PM
... I just spent TWO FREAKING HOURS completing the dog map In Tales of Vesperia, and when I'm about to finish it... BANG Xbox freezes. Two hours of running around mindlessly and killing things that are so low level... they die when I look at them.

This isn't the first time Microsoft has decided to throw my controller through the figurative TV, and It won't be last. Misery loves company. Share your tales, I know you have some.

DraPrime
2008-10-11, 07:34 PM
My Xbox has been working fine ever since I got it a year ago. It seems that I've been lucky.

evisiron
2008-10-11, 07:36 PM
Oh I still remember my fallen face when the PS2 froze at the final boss in Zone Of The Enders. It deserved a break though, I had almost played from one end of the game to the other non stop.

Very little trouble with the Xbox though.

AstralFire
2008-10-11, 08:27 PM
Sorry to hear that.
I don't have a 360
My Xbox works great.

Rogue 7
2008-10-11, 08:35 PM
That sucks, but on a tangent, how is Vesperia? I can't wait to play it.

Forderz
2008-10-11, 09:01 PM
how is Vesperia?

Tons of fun... except for Karol. Christ he's the most annoying little midget ever. Picture Genis without any redeeming qualities.

AstralFire
2008-10-11, 09:06 PM
Tons of fun... except for Karol. Christ he's the most annoying little midget ever. Picture Genis without any redeeming qualities.

...Genis had redeeming qualities?

Alternatively: So he's Anise?

Forderz
2008-10-11, 09:16 PM
Genis's voice didn't make me want to slaughter him, plus the dynamic he shared with Raine/Zelos made for an interesting character. But the big issue is that while both kids are cowardly, Genis accepts that he's not very brave, while Karol, to me, gets brave through the magic of plot! As an aside, the scene where Lloyd has to abandon Genis makes me tear up EVERY time I see it.

And forgive me, I've only played phantasia, symphonia, and Vesperia... so... who's Anise?

Dhavaer
2008-10-11, 09:44 PM
I find Fable sometimes freezes up at inconvienient moments. I think it's a problem with the disc, though, because I haven't had the problem with anything else.

Return of Lanky
2008-10-12, 12:49 AM
Ouch.

Look on the bright side! You get to have fun slaughtering innocent, completely underpowered monsters for another two hours!

banjo1985
2008-10-12, 04:02 AM
Not nice, Xboxes seem to have a habit of doing that. It's like the old memory cards for the PSOne, one of mine wiped with nearly 100 hours of Final Fantasy 8 gameplay on it...I actually smashed the thing to bits with a hammer, made me feel better. :smallbiggrin:

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-12, 12:41 PM
Ohh, I've got a good one.

I was looking forward to Bioshock for a LOONG time, and when they decided to release a demo a week before the game came out, I was pretty psyched. Only my connection wasn't exactly fast at the time, and it took quite awhile to download. Now, the smart thing to do would have been to download in increments, but dammit I wanted bioshock and I wanted it FAST! So I left my 360 for the full 2 days it took to download. I came home, it was ready, and I started it up.

I get two minutes into the freaking awesome intro (you know the one, plane crashes, fire everywhere, swim up into the light house), and my Xbox freezes. I try restarting it and BAM, theres the 3-red rings. I just about cried.

I'm pretty sure the whole thing could have been avoided if I haden't left the thing on for so long, probably got fried.

AstralFire
2008-10-12, 12:53 PM
And forgive me, I've only played phantasia, symphonia, and Vesperia... so... who's Anise?

She's from Abyss, which is my favorite Tales game. (I have played Phantasia, Symphonia, Legendia and Abyss in that order.) She's... very annoying. Bossy, hypocritical, and allowed to get away with it scot-free. The only black mark on a solid cast, and she's at least occasionally funny while she's being a little snot.

Raroy
2008-10-12, 01:55 PM
My 360's disk tray is all messed up. It takes about five minutes for me to put a game in there. At least it doesn't scratch the game up.

Forderz
2008-10-14, 11:54 PM
She's from Abyss, which is my favorite Tales game. (I have played Phantasia, Symphonia, Legendia and Abyss in that order.) She's... very annoying. Bossy, hypocritical, and allowed to get away with it scot-free. The only black mark on a solid cast, and she's at least occasionally funny while she's being a little snot.

Sounds like Rita, the female mage in ToV, who is also bossy, but instead of being hypocritical, is socially inept. Thankfully, her voice is decent, and she constantly attacks Karol.

Guitar Hero died on me 75% of the way through Dragonforce on expert. I probably would of died at the end anyways, though.:smallannoyed:

The Duskblade
2008-10-15, 08:04 AM
Not mine but on of my freinds steped pn the disktray of a freinds 360. Not quite sure how they pulled that off.

I have also seen a freinds wii droped roughly 3-4 feet onto concrete multiple times. It suffered no damage. Indeed it didnt even halt gameplay. We still make jokes along the lines of Iron man's suit was made of Iron because their were no Wii's in the cave.