PDA

View Full Version : New plots: may contain spoilers

Assassin89
2008-10-11, 09:35 PM
I have though of a few interesting idea for events that might occur in future strips based on previous strips.

:mitd: helping O-chul escape.
:mitd: reveals true self
The order finding the child of Lirian and Dorukan Implied evidence here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0532.html)
V regaining sanity.

Yes, I know that most of these involve the MitD, but that guy is solid gold for plot.

Edit: removed certain speculation

Fawkes
2008-10-11, 09:40 PM
I have though of a few interesting idea for events that might occur in future strips based on previous strips.

:mitd: helping O-chul escape.
:mitd: fighting :xykon: for harming "Mr. Stiffy".
:mitd: reveals true self
The order meeting the child of Lirian and Dorukan (might replace V and die to free parents). Evidence here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0532.html)

Yes, I know that most of these involve the MitD, but that guy is solid gold for plot.

I don't think 2 or 3 will be happening any time soon, if at all. 4 is kind of a stretch. There's no evidence that they had a child, and suddenly meeting one would be pretty convoluted.

blackspeeker
2008-10-11, 09:47 PM
That seems like far to harsh of a jump for the strip, as well as far too many reveals at once.

As for number 4 in particular, I'm sure they used some sort of epic magic contraception to prevent any unwanted groin-spawn.

B. Dandelion
2008-10-11, 09:52 PM
Did I get it wrong? I thought Kraagor was killed and had his soul destroyed, same as Soon's wife -- which was why their epic-level party couldn't resurrect him, and the stone statue of him was built in his memory.

NerfTW
2008-10-11, 10:07 PM
Kraagor wasn't petrified. That is a statue in his honor. Kraagor was either killed by the Snarl (and therefore removed from existence) or sealed inside the rift (also likely removed from existence, given the tendency for beings inside the rift to die horribly.)

blackspeeker
2008-10-11, 10:10 PM
Did I get it wrong? I thought Kraagor was killed and had his soul destroyed, same as Soon's wife -- which was why their epic-level party couldn't resurrect him, and the stone statue of him was built in his memory.

Same here, or when the spell was cast he was trapped in the Snarl's plane of existence.

Yoritomo Himeko
2008-10-11, 10:25 PM

Well, we never saw him get killed. And usually when you don't see a body, you can be sure that character is going to show up again. And since OOTS is heavily troupe oriented, that could happen.

Kraagor and the Snarl fighting each other could be the reason why the Snarl hasn't tried to escape through any of the rifts yet.

Assassin89
2008-10-11, 10:57 PM
That seems like far to harsh of a jump for the strip, as well as far too many reveals at once.

As for number 4 in particular, I'm sure they used some sort of epic magic contraception to prevent any unwanted groin-spawn.

I did not mean they all happen at the same time. In fact there is no guarantee that any of them will occur.

Finwe
2008-10-12, 01:30 AM
Well, we never saw him get killed. And usually when you don't see a body, you can be sure that character is going to show up again. And since OOTS is heavily troupe oriented, that could happen.

Kraagor and the Snarl fighting each other could be the reason why the Snarl hasn't tried to escape through any of the rifts yet.

Maybe he had deathless and tireless rage, and was so high level that he's been able to continue raging since the spell was cast.

Ron Miel
2008-10-12, 02:30 AM
When I first read the strip I thought that Kraagor had been turned to stone.

When I reread it later, I thought that it might be a statue. I'm not sure either way.

By the way, isn't Kraagor female? (mean grrl (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0196.html))
The beard doesn't mean anything - in some fantasy books female dwarfs have beards. Maybe the magic will be dispelled, and she will become a love interest for Durkon.

Where does it say that The Snarl destroys souls? Kills gods, I see, but I don't see that it removes beings from existence.

JT Jag
2008-10-12, 02:35 AM
By the way, isn't Kraagor female? (mean grrl (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0196.html))No, it says "mean grr!".

David Argall
2008-10-12, 02:29 PM

mitd: helping O-chul escape.
mitd: fighting :xykon: for harming "Mr. Stiffy".
This is the story of the OOTS, which means that events that don't feature the OOTS or affect them pretty much don't get shown. And the heroics are to be done by the OOTS as well. The evils don't beat each other up. The party has to do it.

mitd: reveals true self
This may happen, but only in the last book. Once the MitD shows itself, it is pretty much just another monster. It loses it's value and will likely exit the story quickly.

The order meeting the child of Lirian and Dorukan (might replace V and die to free parents).
Again, we need the reverse here, the party finding the child, and then rescuing the parents. The party are the heros, not part of the audience.

Kraagor's freedom from his stony prison (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html) only to perform a heroic sacrifice
Kraagor is deader than dead. By story information, the Snarl unmade him and he in no way exists and can't be reformed.

Heroic
2008-10-12, 02:39 PM
I really don't think any of this is going to happen. Except for the MitD helping O-Chul escape. (really unlikely)

T-O-E
2008-10-12, 03:39 PM
Where does it say that The Snarl destroys souls? Kills gods, I see, but I don't see that it removes beings from existence.

Rich said so, it also explains why the epic level party couldn't rez him and Soon's wife.

Also, despite the slim chance of it actually being true, I'm actually amused by the possibility of Kraagor having been female.

Heroic
2008-10-12, 04:46 PM
Also, despite the slim chance of it actually being true, I'm actually amused by the possibility of Kraagor having been female.

Hilgya was a female dwarf and didn't have a beard. Therefore I still think Kraagor was a male. But hey! It would be fun to see the opposite. No, wait, better... better not, to much House of Horrors potential :smalleek:

T-O-E
2008-10-12, 05:43 PM
Hilgya was a female dwarf and didn't have a beard. Therefore I still think Kraagor was a male. But hey! It would be fun to see the opposite. No, wait, better... better not, to much House of Horrors potential :smalleek:

Kraagor's a very hairy lady? :smalltongue:

Heroic
2008-10-12, 06:24 PM

Must .. soak.. brain ... in acid... or fail DC100 Will Save!! :smalleek:

NerfTW
2008-10-12, 07:46 PM

It's implied in the Crayons of Time story (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0274.html) by the phrase "devouring each and every soul".

In Start of Darkness, Redcloak makes a point of saying that they will cease to exist, which is worse than dying.

Also when talking to O'chul (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0545.html), Redcloak specifically states that
"It won't merely kill us, it will unmake us, dissolving our existence."

Ron Miel
2008-10-12, 08:01 PM
Okay, fair enough. Thanks for the reminder.

dps
2008-10-12, 09:59 PM
No, it says "mean grr!".

Actually:

mean! grr!

drakokirby
2008-10-13, 12:38 AM
OK. Even in Kraagor survived when going in the Rift, it has been probably 50 years since he got trapped in their. Either died natural or Snarl killed him.

David Argall
2008-10-13, 02:35 AM

Sod "Raging make Kraagor a thirsty boy."

Mina Kobold
2008-10-13, 02:46 AM
OK. Even in Kraagor survived when going in the Rift, it has been probably 50 years since he got trapped in their. Either died natural or Snarl killed him.

try readin PHB dwearves live very long. 50 years ainjt that much (their minimum age for PC is about 50-60)

Heroic
2008-10-13, 11:39 AM
try readin PHB dwearves live very long. 50 years ainjt that much (their minimum age for PC is about 50-60)

Well anyway, I still think that the snarl unmade Kraagor. There's no chance he's coming back.

Assassin89
2008-10-13, 05:30 PM
Well anyway, I still think that the snarl unmade Kraagor. There's no chance he's coming back.

Although your argument is quite logical, considering the nature of the snarl, it would be somewhat more humorous if Kraagor celebrates his freedom only to be destroyed after a short time.

Kish
2008-10-13, 05:39 PM
Not without eating or drinking, they don't.

Heroic
2008-10-13, 05:57 PM
Although your argument is quite logical, considering the nature of the snarl, it would be somewhat more humorous if Kraagor celebrates his freedom only to be destroyed or Kraagor is now the snarl.

Yeah, could be hillarious. But Rich will surely not do something like that. If he did, he would contradict what he said before about the Gods and Souls being unmade.

Assassin89
2008-10-16, 01:39 PM
Now is the time for the introduction for more plots.

Roy's marriage to Celia (provided Roy lives)
Some mysterious force the resurrects secondary characters as reinforcements for the final battle.
Elan fighting his father
Marriage between Haley and Elan (possible)
Don't forget the future children of Roy and Celia and Haley and Elan.
Previously mentioned half-elf is killed in an anti-climatic battle despite background.
Belkar's redemption due to a boost of wisdom similar to this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0058.html).
Eugene Greenhilt temporarily revived in a younger body for the final battle against Xykon and settles his blood oath with the help of his son. Eugene is then allowed in celestia and makes peace with his own father after learning an important lesson in the battle. forget the epiphany

donkyhotay
2008-10-16, 02:04 PM
I don't see belkar being redeemed, not even on the last page of the last book. Being evil is just too much part of his character and opens up jokes that wouldn't be possible without him. If rich does a 'how the PC's end up after saving the world thing' I foresee belkar doing pretty much what he was doing in on the origin of the PC's.
Either spending time in jail or spending time with two (for the price of one) whores with the smell of the blood of his victims in his nose.

Linkavitch
2008-10-16, 02:50 PM
The order meeting the child of Lirian and Dorukan (might replace V and die to free parents). Implied evidence here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0532.html)

That's Lirian? Huh. Didn't realize that.

Assassin89
2008-11-09, 11:10 PM
I have found a few strips which may support some of the potential plots, which I have speculated
Eugene's temporary resurrection into a younger body supported in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0495.html what better way to have Eugene fulfill his blood oath against Xykon than forcing him to do it himself, rather than having Eugene forcing it on his children?
The marriage and children of Roy and Ceila supported in http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0600.html
The resurrection of secondary character for the final battle would be similar to http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0449.html although the reinforcements would not be ghosts. It could also spark a few more plots.

Euron
2008-11-10, 03:58 PM
Now is the time for the introduction for more plots.

Roy's marriage to Celia (provided Roy lives)
Some mysterious force the resurrects secondary characters as reinforcements for the final battle.
Elan fighting his father
Marriage between Haley and Elan (possible)
Don't forget the future children of Roy and Celia and Haley and Elan.
Previously mentioned half-elf is killed in an anti-climatic battle despite background.
Belkar's redemption due to a boost of wisdom similar to this (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0058.html).
Eugene Greenhilt temporarily revived in a younger body for the final battle against Xykon and settles his blood oath with the help of his son. Eugene is then allowed in celestia and makes peace with his own father after learning an important lesson in the battle.

And that's why you aren't writing this story.

Assassin89
2008-11-10, 06:36 PM
And that's why you aren't writing this story.

I understand that I am not writing the story. If Rich does use these potential plots, then it would be completely coincidental because Rich dislikes people posting ideas for future strips, hence the "may contain spoilers". It is just speculation, and I do not expect Rich to fulfill any of the plots. I just sometimes see previous comics as a way to foreshadow events that might occur in future strips.