PDA

View Full Version : "I can't get it out of my head!" [Creature]

Icewalker
2008-10-12, 12:00 AM
Inspiration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0). I know it's a stretch, but I'm sorry, it's true. The explanation is at the bottom. :smallwink:

Lavender Siren
Medium Fey
HD 6d6+6 (27 HP)
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Init: +3
AC 17; touch 14; flat-footed 13
(+3 Dex, +3 natural, +1 dodge)
BAB/Grp +3/+3
Attack Dagger +7 (1d4/19-20) or shortbow +3 (1d6/x3)
Full-Attack Dagger +7 (1d4/19-20) or shortbow +3 (1d6/x3)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks Barbed Tune, Guiding Notes, Tear Away the Music
Special Qualities DR 5/cold iron, spell resistance 21, Fey traits, low-light vision
Saves Fort +3 Ref +8 Will +5
Abilities Str 11, Dex 17, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 20
Skills Perform (Sing) +17, Perform (Dance) +14, Listen +9, Spot +9, Bluff +14, Escape Artist +12, Hide +12, Sense Motive +14
Feats Skill Focus (Perform, sing), Weapon Finesse (Dagger), Dodge
Environment
Organization Name (Number appearing)
Challenge Rating 3
Alignment Always Chaotic Neutral
Advancement 7-10 HD (Medium)

She's an extremely beautiful woman. Long dark purple hair ripples over her shoulders and down her lithe body. Her skin is a slight shade of lavender, but it doesn't look out of place, and her soft violet eyes are the most stunning you've ever seen.

Lavender Sirens are extremely cheerful fey. They love to wander the forest and sing, and many have encountered them when traveling, and most don't regret the experience. Their songs are known throughout the world, as nobody tends to forget them easily. Whether they want to or not. Many a man has wiled away his time humming the tunes of the Lavender Sirens.

Barbed Tune: The song of the Lavender Siren is so melodic and yet so simple that upon hearing it, it tends to get stuck in the mind of the listener. And not go away. When a Lavender Siren sings as a full-round action, the listener must make a Will save, DC 10 +1 for every two points by which the Lavender Siren's Perform (sing) check exceeds 10. If failed, the tune of the siren plays over and over in the mind of the listener. For 2d4 hours the listener hears the music in their head, and have a 50% chance to fail any spell with a verbal component.

Guiding Notes: Once a Lavender Siren has sung their music into the heads of those around them they can change the notes to make the affected perform certain actions. This functions as per the spell Mass Suggestion although with the only allowable targets being those who have been affected by the siren's Barbed Tune ability. If the song leaves the head of the affected, this effect ends as well.

Tear Away the Music: A Lavender Siren can rip their tune out of the head of a listener, although it is a mentally painful process. The siren can sing a reversed tune of their initial song as a full round action, which forcefully removes the song from the minds of any listener. Any listener who hears this anti-tune and has the original tune of the siren stuck in their head takes 1d4 Wisdom damage and is dazed for one round.

[hr]
Ok, before you chase me into an alley and lynch me with my own organs, let me explain. I was thinking about how I've started linking to my inspiration recently with my new homebrew, and that it'd be funny but awful to use the link to do this. This immediately led my mind to the possibility of making something which would actually be tied to this inspiration, and my thoughts went to madness and music stuck in one's head, and that led to fey.

The purple is from a character in an old campaign who was almost omnipotent, loved purple, and was absolutely insane.

Mewtarthio
2008-10-12, 12:09 AM
Guiding Notes: Once a Lavender Siren has sung their music into the heads of those around them they can change the notes to make the affected perform certain actions. This functions as per the spell Mass Suggestion although with the only allowable targets being those who have been affected by the siren's Barbed Tune ability. If the song leaves the head of the affected, this effect ends as well.

So, should I be imagining subliminal messages or something more along the lines of:
Never gonna make you cry!
Open the damn gate already!
Never gonna tell a lie
And hurt you!

chiasaur11
2008-10-12, 12:25 AM
Can you counter the controlling effect with a countersong?

Lappy9000
2008-10-12, 12:49 AM
Inspiration (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

This will not be forgotten. I will seek my vengeance upon you and your heirs with an undeniable passion that will outlive centuries. My revenge will be slow and painful, for my hatred blazes with the white-hot intensity of a thousand burning suns.

DarknessLord
2008-10-12, 12:53 AM
This will not be forgotten. I will seek my vengeance upon you and your heirs with an undeniable passion that will outlive centuries. My revenge will be slow and painful, for my hatred blazes with the white-hot intensity of a thousand burning suns.

I on the other hand, love you forever now...

Dracomortis
2008-10-12, 08:58 PM
+1 Rick Roll. This shall not be forgotten...though it does get more amusing as time goes on.