PDA

View Full Version : DC's registration issues

Josh_Kablack
2004-01-31, 11:53 AM
Dragon Child just informed me that he has been waiting for several days for his confirmation email.

He's going to try reregistering in hopes that it just bounced, but if that doesn't work, I'll post his further issues here.

The Giant
2004-01-31, 01:20 PM
OK, I sent you a private message about it. I think maybe the email got lost, because he's signed up according to the board.

Worst case, tell me and I'll delete him and he can re-sign up.

Dragon_Child
2004-02-01, 08:50 AM
Thanks, giant, for fixing the problem. :)

Strangely enough, I still havn't received the email... ???

RawBearNYC
2004-02-01, 09:37 PM
Is there a chance that it's been blocked as spam?

WampaX
2004-02-01, 10:36 PM
Mayhaps this is why we have so many registered users without any posts?

The Giant
2004-02-02, 12:38 PM
I don't think necessarily. A lot of the people who have 0 posts showed up in the bottom "Who's here" section shortly after they signed up, which means they got themselves logged in.

It might be a problem for some, but there are clearly people who sign up and simply don't post.

Test_Registration
2004-02-02, 12:46 PM
This is Giant; I just did a test and registered a new account. It spat the email out to me immediately.

Further, to your point Wampa: I noticed you don't get to choose an avatar or a signature until AFTER you are successfully logged in. A quick look through the "zero-post" gang will reveal that most of them did, in fact, choose an avatar. So that means DC's problem is probably a fluke, or an issue with his email or something.