PDA

View Full Version : The Council of Five

Silvarelion
2008-10-13, 10:53 AM
Ok, my BBEG for a campaign I am planning is a Blue Dracolich who commands a draconic cult (everyone is the cult is either draconic or half-dragon) who lost a world war five hundred years earlier.

Just below the BBEG in the chain of command, is a council of five, who symbolize the five chromatic dragon types.

Only problem is, I'm having trouble with what roles/classes these five should be. I'm thinking they should represent/command five different arms of the cult, and they should all be able to cast some type of spells.

So, my ideas so far: Assassin, Warrior (Duskblade), Inventor (Artificer), Diplomat (Beguiler) and Mage (Wizard/something).

Anyone have any other cool ideas or builds I should look at?

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-13, 11:16 AM
So, my ideas so far: Assassin, Warrior (Duskblade), Inventor (Artificer), Diplomat (Beguiler) and Mage (Wizard/something).

Anyone have any other cool ideas or builds I should look at?Kobold Sorcerer. Dragons+Magic=Kobold Casters. Go with the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a), Venerable Dragonwrought Desert Kobold, and every other way of boosting his spells. Proceed in educating your players why smaller is better.

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-13, 11:19 AM
http://www.giantitp.com/articles/U2hDQPsRjbwSamZsbE7.html

this charcter, made by Mr.Burlew, is worth considering for the assassin.

Another role idea: Having a reptile oriented druid, and a transmuter type.

snoopy13a
2008-10-13, 11:29 AM

Just below the BBEG in the chain of command, is a council of five, who symbolize the five metallic dragon types.

If they are working with the big bad evil guy shouldn't they symbolize the chromatic dragons?

Silvarelion
2008-10-14, 12:55 AM
If they are working with the big bad evil guy shouldn't they symbolize the chromatic dragons?

lol, you sure? Maybe all my players are evil... but yeah, thanks.

Prometheus
2008-10-14, 12:58 PM
If you have a cult you probably need a High Priest (Cleric presumably) more than you need any one of those other roles.

Inventor seems like it's probably not an instrumental part of a cult, if a cult has access to technology, it is either from esoteric secrets (Artificer) or through espionage (Spy type rogue build that can probably be rolled into either Assassin or Diplomat).

You'd probably want to refluff the diplomat as a mind-controller, to take care of the masses and logistics.

If you so desire, you could probably replace the Warrior with a monster-type bodyguard.

Duke of URL
2008-10-14, 01:15 PM
Hmmm... I'd go with a different five aspects of the cult:

Might -- White Dragon -- Warrior type... probably Crusader or Warblade
Faith -- Blue Dragon -- Priest type, likely Cleric of Favored Soul
Magic -- Red Dragon -- Wizard type
Secrets -- Green Dragon -- Artificer?
Stealth -- Black dragon -- Assassins and spies

Silvarelion
2008-10-23, 04:28 PM
Kobold Sorcerer. Dragons+Magic=Kobold Casters. Go with the Greater Draconic Rite of Passage (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a), Venerable Dragonwrought Desert Kobold, and every other way of boosting his spells. Proceed in educating your players why smaller is better.

So, what is the advantage of using the desert Kobold? And if I made him a sorcerer with the Greater Draconic Rite, would he then get every level of sorcerer twice? Or how would that work?

And thanks for the suggestions, Duke. Really helped my planning.