PDA

View Full Version : 4E Warforged

Siegel
2008-10-13, 12:25 PM
Would it be overpowerd to give 4e Warforged AC+1 because of the plating ? A friend of mine wants to play a heavy armored, healing spamming Paladin. In short he wants to be the tank. I thought Warforged are the best choice for him and he is ok with playing an android.

The fluff off the 'forged in my campain is, that the are vessels for the souls of saints who a reborn in this body but have no memorys. They don't need to sleep, breath etc.

My player asked me to recomend him something that has a natural + to armor, a connection to the gods / the divine and a boost in physical power. So Warforged now have a divine conncection and the racial power ( physical boost) but not the natural armor ( they ones had ) so would be a +1 ( or more ? ) to armorclass be ok ?

Starbuck_II
2008-10-13, 12:31 PM
Would it be overpowerd to give 4e Warforged AC+1 because of the plating ? A friend of mine wants to play a heavy armored, healing spamming Paladin. In short he wants to be the tank. I thought Warforged are the best choice for him and he is ok with playing an android.

The fluff off the 'forged in my campain is, that the are vessels for the souls of saints who a reborn in this body but have no memorys. They don't need to sleep, breath etc.

My player asked me to recomend him something that has a natural + to armor, a connection to the gods / the divine and a boost in physical power. So Warforged now have a divine conncection and the racial power ( physical boost) but not the natural armor ( they ones had ) so would be a +1 ( or more ? ) to armorclass be ok ?
Make the armor bonus a feat bonus type and it would be fine and balanced.

Well, Scratch that... it is strong kinda.

Can't the Warforged just wear armor? Yes, in 4th they can wear armor.

Asbestos
2008-10-13, 12:42 PM

First off... I'm going to ignore the Warforged=Android bit, even though its true by definition... it leads down the 'play them as robots' route which I despise.

Anywho! Time to help. I'm not sure how needed it is to give them a +1 racial boost to AC since they already have greater survivability than other races (the +2 to saving throws, the ability to take 10 on death saving throws if they don't like the roll, and Warforged Resolve.) Keep in mind that yes, the old Warforged had an AC bonus, but it did not stack with armor, now they can wear armor and get the full benefit. Perhaps make everything he has a warforged component?

Tsotha-lanti
2008-10-13, 12:47 PM
Just call it plating instead of armor. They pay the armor cost to upgrade to better plating, they have their plating enchanted, etc.

Dizlag
2008-10-13, 01:22 PM
I've played a Warforged in the past and it was pretty fun! Having to basically make the choice of armor right at the outset was pretty kewl in a way, but having the "plates" replaced or upgraded would have been nice.

Now as a DM, I really like Tsotha-lanti's idea of calling it "plating". It seems like the most balanced and straight-forward way of doing it.

Dizlag

NEO|Phyte
2008-10-13, 01:28 PM
Best thing to do, as has been mentioned, is to make sure his armor is a warforged component, and call it plating. If he uses a shield, have it be a component as well. Hell, everything that CAN be a component, should be. (aside from 2-handed weapons, as they take a -2 to attack)

Totally Guy
2008-10-13, 02:13 PM
Give him a natural armour bonus that doesn't stack with any armour he wears. He'll still be better off but it'll be situational. Like if he gets attacked when the party visits the nudist resort.