PDA

View Full Version : Messages Color

WampaX
2003-08-20, 12:09 PM
The Fade in - Fade out message at the top of the main boards page are kinda hard to read with yellow on white. I know you have the whole sandbox color scheme going on here, but couldn't you find a different color? Or just darken up the backgroup for that part of the table.

Danka ;D

RawBearNYC
2003-08-20, 03:16 PM
but couldn't you find a different color? Probably

Or just darken up the backgroup for that part of the table.Not without hacking the source code, something I'm resistant to doing.

clarkcd
2003-08-20, 04:19 PM
The welcome news item is a different color than the rest and (I think) is easier to read.

I don't have a hard time reading the others though. I could just be funky.

RawBearNYC
2003-08-20, 04:34 PM
I could just be funky. You likely are, but we don't like to mention it.

WampaX
2003-08-20, 04:46 PM
In the BoardIndex.pl

var bcolor = "$color{'windowbg2'}"
var tcolor = "$color{'fadertext'}"

This is where the color of the News table and text color are set.

Next the Settings.pl
Under the Colors section.
You could add another windowbg# color in there.
You could add another fadertext or just change it to a different color if you don't want to mess with it too much.

Still haven't found where the sections tree is being generated yet, though I have an idea how . . . get back to you on that one.

RawBearNYC
2003-08-20, 05:00 PM
Sorry, Wampa, you misunderstand my reasoning for not wanting to hack the source. I plan on upgrading the software at some point when the new security model is implemented, and hacks then have to be rehacked in those situations.

I believe I saw a setting to change the color of the text, and that's going to be a "non-hacking" change. But, if you know Rich at all, you DON'T make color changes to his stuff. So, it's a waiting game for him to see it.

WampaX
2003-08-20, 05:03 PM
Okay . . .

I also noticed that there is a Load Background Color section after all those tables, so if you HAD hacked it tio add a color, then you would also need to put it in there . . .

might be a couple of other places, too, but I 'll stop looking into it. ;D

Bogotter
2003-08-20, 05:44 PM
I dont see a problem with the colors they are now. When they are fading in or out its hard to read but it comes in quite clear once it becomes that full blown tanish color.

My 2 gp's.

clarkcd
2003-08-21, 12:29 AM
You likely are, but we don't like to mention it.

:P

At least I don't smell funky. If I did I'd be :'(.