PDA

View Full Version : Fable 2

Pages : [1] 2

Druid_lord
2008-10-13, 05:47 PM
I can has? I preordered it and want to know what other people think of it. I'm really looking forward to the guns. :)

Return of Lanky
2008-10-13, 07:00 PM
Both myself and my girlfriend have reserved the two days after it's release for play. All normal gaming and/or work is being suspended so that we can play. She's going to play the Good side with me as a henchmen, then I'm going to play the Evil side with her as a henchmen. Between distractions and gameplay, we should manage to fill the two and a half days quite nicely.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-13, 08:06 PM
Oh hell yes.

The only problem, of course, is that I am paralyzed by freedom. (http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/4/28/)* Good or evil? Male or female? Guns or magic? So far, I'm thinking I'll do the first playthrough as my character, Vespe, and then my second as the entire opposite of him. Third, fourth, etc. remains to be seen. Yes, I probably am going to play it that many times. :smalltongue:

* Yes, this comic is about GTA. It still applies, so there.

Druid_lord
2008-10-13, 08:37 PM
first char: a drunken mage named callahan who uses knifves if available, if not, pistols. (yes it's Father Callahan from Salem's lot and Wolves of Calla)

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-13, 09:59 PM
Anyone know how co-op works exactly? That Lanky Bugger mentioned being a minion, could anyone elaborate on this?

Does it work like, you can have saved characters which enter into another players story? Or is it possible to run one constant story? How would loot work I wonder? Either you get gear from a co-op game and it retains into your main story, or henchmen don't get loot at all.

EvilElitest
2008-10-13, 10:06 PM
Hopefully it won't be as shallow as the last one, i'm hoping for a more Elderscrolls/badlur's gate style this time
from
EE

Nano
2008-10-13, 10:17 PM
Co-op is actually a really nice concept in this game - You insert yourself into a friend's game (or they get inserted into yours) and the changes they make stay, to both their character and your world. For example, if you go into another friend's game and (this is just the example given in the interview I watched) kill their wife, then when you leave she stays dead, etc. XP and loot and such gained are all kept on your character, too - Gain something in their game, and you take it back to your own.

Sorry if that was at all incoherent. >.> Communication skills could use work.

warty goblin
2008-10-13, 10:19 PM
Co-op is actually a really nice concept in this game - You insert yourself into a friend's game (or they get inserted into yours) and the changes they make stay, to both their character and your world. For example, if you go into another friend's game and (this is just the example given in the interview I watched) kill their wife, then when you leave she stays dead, etc. XP and loot and such gained are all kept on your character, too - Gain something in their game, and you take it back to your own.

Sorry if that was at all incoherent. >.> Communication skills could use work.

Communication does not matter. Only massive walls of text matter.

Sounds interesting, although some of the people I know would totally kill my wife for LOLs, so I hope there is at least some way to do this invite-only, if and when this gets a PC port, that is.

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2008-10-14, 12:46 AM
I'm going to be all over this game. I will play with my friends and destroy their worlds and wives/husbands. By the 22nd everyone I know shall hate me!

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-14, 01:16 AM
Sounds interesting, although some of the people I know would totally kill my wife for LOLs, so I hope there is at least some way to do this invite-only, if and when this gets a PC port, that is.

In fable, wifes can change. You can get a new wife. But... your dog? Yeah thats a different story. :smallamused:

*Begins to cackle maniacally*

waffletaco
2008-10-14, 04:19 AM
My friend doesn't even like RPGs, but he revels in the thought of killing my wife and my little dog too :( I hope I can kill him and stop him and become the savior that killed the man who went into town and killed everyone's wives.

Fri
2008-10-14, 04:46 AM
It has guns. Fable with guns. That is all I need.

Dhavaer
2008-10-14, 04:51 AM
I'm definitely getting it. I'm even considering taking a day off the day after it comes out. A good female hero to start off with, I think.

Logic
2008-10-14, 01:38 PM
Anyone know how co-op works exactly? That Lanky Bugger mentioned being a minion, could anyone elaborate on this?

Does it work like, you can have saved characters which enter into another players story? Or is it possible to run one constant story? How would loot work I wonder? Either you get gear from a co-op game and it retains into your main story, or henchmen don't get loot at all.

The last I heard, you can set permissions in games, so that NPCs are off limits, and that you can split the experience and gold any way the host sees fit. So, if you wanted to invite your friend that has already completed the main story, you could give him all the gold, but keep all the XP to yourself.

Sequinox
2008-10-14, 08:53 PM
I was just about to bump my thread on this too...

I'm sooo ready for this!!!! I've counted mah moneyz to buy it with, wondered what I'll be, and watched every vid I could find about it!

I had a couple of free hours, okay?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-15, 12:50 AM
Yes, I am very much looking foward to Fable.
I may even get myself an Xbox live account after I move back into the good barracks to facilitate Multiplayer.

Vulion
2008-10-15, 02:42 PM
I really wanna play this game. My first character is probably gonna be a rifle-wielding monster hunter!

Only nine more days!

Aidan305
2008-10-15, 06:47 PM
My first, and main, thought on this game has been somewhere along the lines of "Finally, an RPG with a decent Co-op."

doliest
2008-10-15, 06:58 PM
FINALLY, a game where I can play FATHER MCGRUDER!

Sam
2008-10-15, 07:29 PM
Sadly I have to wait until they get it moved to computers... okay, not really a big sacrifice. Feel free to spoil it and tell us all about how you conquered the world as a shirtless man with a sword or a capitalist who bought ALL the property.

Sequinox
2008-10-15, 07:58 PM
To whoever said 9 days left: You live in the states! It's coming out next tuesday! Six days left!

Thank you, thank you, just throw money.

Nano
2008-10-15, 08:04 PM
*Rather violently throws a handful of change in Sequinox' general direction.* :smalltongue:

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-15, 08:17 PM
To whoever said 9 days left: You live in the states! It's coming out next tuesday! Six days left!

Thank you, thank you, just throw money.

O RLY? Whoo whoo.

Now to just figure out a way to get the money together before then.... (and still be able to buy Fallout 3. Priorities people, priorities. :smallwink:)

Oregano
2008-10-16, 07:10 AM
8 Days left for me, and I live in England, where it was made!!!! So angry about that.:smallmad:

Druid_lord
2008-10-16, 05:34 PM
*Bump darn you!* BTW what be the release date for it in the states again? And why is it longer in England?

Sequinox
2008-10-16, 05:42 PM
English release date: Oct 24 (in my opinion, they of all people sould be getting it first...)

American release date: Oct 21

5 days left!

Return of Lanky
2008-10-16, 06:18 PM
I'm curious about how much leeway there is in the story this time... Fable, while it was great, didn't really indulge in the Good/Bad theme beyond a coat of paint. It'd be nice for some storyline diversion to occur.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-16, 07:13 PM
I'm curious about how much leeway there is in the story this time... Fable, while it was great, didn't really indulge in the Good/Bad theme beyond a coat of paint. It'd be nice for some storyline diversion to occur.

There were a few instances. Like if you

killed Wisper in the arena, then marry lady grey (completely evil in every way), then Thunder comes after you. I don't think he does this in the good path. The evil path seems the only way, as you essentially kill his daughter and steal his lover. So cold.

Druid_lord
2008-10-16, 07:15 PM
I thought whisper was his lil sis?

Sequinox
2008-10-16, 07:17 PM
if you've read much bout the story, it really does change a lot... or not the story, but the world. Early on in the game...

Minor Spoilers! (Take a wild guess for what.)
you have the choice to help a guard find some misplaced arrest warrants. During the job, a man asks you to watch his warehouse. A man peeks in through the window and tells you he'll pay you if you break it. (a la fable 1.) However, if you do it, you learn that that's the criminal, and he can give you a couple of powerful contacts in the underworld...

Or something like that. For now it looks like a coat of paint, but then...

A whole bunch of years later, you return to Bowerstone. If you helped the guard, the slums you grew up in have changed for the better. Crime is reduced to zero. You see the guard and he remembers you. He thanks you. You've made Bowerstone a better place.

Say you give in to the criminal. You return to Bowerstone and the whole place is much darker. The slums - no, the city - are home to gangs. Crime is rampant. An assassin can teach you his trade and you can get up all the way to lv 5 in it. (I assume that's a lot.)

Anyway, this is just off the top of my head.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-16, 07:28 PM
I thought whisper was his lil sis?

Hrm maybe. For some reason I thought she was his daughter.

Driderman
2008-10-17, 03:20 AM
Hrm maybe. For some reason I thought she was his daughter.

She's is his little sister. It says so somewhere in the game

Fiendish_Dire_Moose
2008-10-18, 04:26 PM
She's is his little sister. It says so somewhere in the game

Just everywhere all over the game :smallbiggrin:.

4 more days.

Sequinox
2008-10-19, 03:53 PM
I think I should post this:

Go to fable 2 .com and do the thing there. (Not lionhead, but fable2.com). It's kinda weird, but it does give you free stuff for your F2 character. (tat, chicken armor, etc. etc. etc.

Return of Lanky
2008-10-19, 04:05 PM
Interesting.

But, no, I don't think being able to kill Whisper and/or marry Lady Grey really count too much as changes, really. IIRC, you don't really see Whisper again even if you do decide to spare her life.

I'm glad that Fable 2 is apparently going to be much more in-depth.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-19, 05:03 PM
He still comes after you, saying you "Humiliated Whisper" in the Arena, and that you "Obviously cheated!"

No mention of Lady Grey after that story-arc/sidequest.

Sequinox
2008-10-19, 08:57 PM
Well, you have to start talking to Lady Grey. The final thing in the quest is that you fight him on headsman's hill.

Oh, and in TLC, you can prove that
grey killed her sister to get the throne. If you do this, she runs away and you have the option to become mayor of Bowerstone.

And here's to the hope that you can get houses without killing people!

Zeful
2008-10-19, 09:20 PM
I think this is a good game series, but the store where I pay to play xbox (I only recently got one) can't run their copies of fable anymore. So I've never played it.

Vulion
2008-10-20, 01:34 PM
Tomorrow, tomorrow!

Fable 2 tomorrow!

My rifle-wielding monster hunter is almost hear!

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-20, 01:37 PM
Well, you have to start talking to Lady Grey. The final thing in the quest is that you fight him on headsman's hill.

Oh, and in TLC, you can prove that
grey killed her sister to get the throne. If you do this, she runs away and you have the option to become mayor of Bowerstone.

And here's to the hope that you can get houses without killing people!

I thought you could do that in the original Fable, as well?
I always married her to get Ronork, because it was one of the best weapons in the game.

Vulion
2008-10-20, 01:40 PM
When I married Grey, I always wanted to turn her to the side of good, even though I knew she was the one who killed her sister.

Too bad there wasn't that option.

Oregano
2008-10-20, 01:45 PM
I have to wait till friday for the game.:smallmad:

JMobius
2008-10-20, 02:43 PM
I might be missing something, but I'm having a hard time finding reviews for this game? Slightly odd, as it is releasing in NA tomorrow, whereas reviews for Fallout were available immediately after it went gold.

I'm looking forward to it, and my preorder has supposedly already shipped, but I still want to know what I'm in for.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-20, 03:58 PM
Oh wow, haha. I sent back my recent game from gamefly in hopes to ninja Dead Space before the rest of the masses did, but when I saw that it wouldn't be possible, I put Fable 2 on the top of the list, even though it wasn't out yet. Turns out Gamefly received and are sending out their copies today, and they just registered my sent in game today. So I get Fable 2. :smallbiggrin:

Heres hoping it will get here by at least Wednesday. They are usually pretty quick.

Sequinox
2008-10-20, 05:25 PM
tomorrow...

dundundun...

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-20, 05:29 PM
I have my leave time set up for this already, think 3 days off will be enough? Loved Fable 1, now i wanna be a gun totin, dog kicking, other-persons-wife-slayer! Muhahahaaaaw!

*Ghasp*

That is unless the shipment will get delayed to the islands....please god dont let the shipment get delayed to the islands...:smallsigh:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-20, 05:58 PM
/me wonders if it'll "hit the Street" over here, today, as it is, technically, the 21st right now.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-20, 06:06 PM
Huh. GiantITP is listed as an "important website" over at the Fable II section of lionhead.com, and evidently they visit it regularly.

No, really. (http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/Links.aspx)

:smallbiggrin:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-20, 06:14 PM
It doesn't say they frequent the forums - which they should. They really should if Fable II pans out to be good.
So we can laud them and stroke their ego.

Come to think of it, they should forumize even if its BAD.
Cause the Playground is awesome, and they can hear our (usually well-worded) gripes. instead of just people going "OMG, ish teh suxxors).

And the Playground is awesome.

Innis Cabal
2008-10-20, 06:21 PM
it gives you an inside glimpse at what kind of sites we visit on a regular base

Yes it does. Thats what that means,

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-20, 06:33 PM
Yes it does. Thats what that means,

They may just... you know - like the comics alot.

Stormthorn
2008-10-20, 07:54 PM
Perhaps i can now have the character i crave.
A villain that isnt all tall dark and menacing. He would come to you, invite you to dinner, treat you to a glass of wine, and then inform you that if you dont divert a few of your gold-laden caravans towards the town he took over then he will be forced to start killing off your family one by one. And then he will tell you that he hopes you two can be allies in crime, and he will really mean it.

Now i just have to decide how to arm him.

And to make sure their are no problems with either the game or my 360 i have abstained from gaming on it for more than a week, so as to purify my soul and my console both.

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-20, 08:27 PM
Huh. GiantITP is listed as an "important website" over at the Fable II section of lionhead.com, and evidently they visit it regularly.

No, really. (http://www.lionhead.com/fable2/Links.aspx)

:smallbiggrin:

interesting, does that mean "we" are important?

puppyavenger
2008-10-21, 10:39 AM
tomorrow...

dundundun...

Today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmberVael
2008-10-21, 10:41 AM
*impatiently waits for the UPS truck to get to her house and deliver her amazon ordered Fable 2 goodness*

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-21, 11:25 AM
So, a friend of mine and myself went down to the NEX the moment it opened (yesterday) to see if it was in, yet.

No such luck. My friend put her name on the wait-list, considering I already have an Amazon pre-order on the way.

She put her name on a list to be called when he game does, in fact, come in.
I get the call up here on the hill (she doesn't have a Japanese phone) about half an hour before thy close, and try despretly to contact my friend.

No such luck.

So, I'm probably heading down wth my friend quite early tomorrow morning to retrive a copy. Yay! :smallbiggrin:

Seraph
2008-10-21, 11:43 AM
read some reviews from IGN and Eurogamer. seems like while the game didn't quite reach as far as the hype promised, it's still a far, far greater effort than Fable 1, and - suprise - Molyneux actually delivered on the vast majority of his promises. if they were being truthful in their reviews, then I'm betting that there wont be very much hype backlash this time around.

in any case, I'ma go to game stop and trade some stuff in to get it.

Oregano
2008-10-21, 12:00 PM
:smallmad:Stop rubbing it in! I can't wait any longer!

Qanael
2008-10-21, 03:28 PM
As usual, I shall wait for a PC version. Oh well.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-21, 03:30 PM
I'll see if I can't nick it from my friend just to play for a few hours as I reset my sleep cycle, tonight if she buys it. :smallamused:

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-21, 03:37 PM
Me wants it, me does!

I liked the lost chapters, and want to get fable 2, despite it's eccentrices.

Best part: When you beat it, apperntly theres more to do then go on a psychotic rampage!

to those who own it: is the selling "glitch" in it, still?

Nano
2008-10-21, 04:29 PM
It's really fun. :smallbiggrin:

RTGoodman
2008-10-21, 04:33 PM
Well, I spent about an hour straight last night just playing that chicken-kickin' game on fable2.com, but I haven't picked up the game yet. I'm thinkin' of heading down to Gamestop later, too, to get rid of some stuff and buy it. I loved Fable (even though I stopped doing quests about 1/4 of the way through and spent all my time killing stuff :smallredface:), and I'm excited that the sequel is out (even though I didn't realize it until two days ago).

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-21, 05:00 PM
Anyone else here live in Oahu? I just need to know if im gonna be waisting my gas money driving to Pearl City to pick up the game if it haznt even hit the island yet. My hopes are high!

:smallmad:Stop rubbing it in! I can't wait any longer!

cant....help...it...

*RAAAAAUB RUBRUBRUBRUBRUB*

:smalltongue:

RTGoodman
2008-10-21, 08:18 PM
Okay, so I just got out my big jar of pocket change that I've been collecting since about April or so, and I've got like $50 worth of quarters and dimes.

Man the people at Wal*Mart are gonna hate me... :smalltongue:

@Slaanesh: What is the "trading glitch?" (I haven't read ANYTHING about F2 except what's in the last page or so of this thread.) I'll check when I get back from picking up the game.

Sequinox
2008-10-21, 09:02 PM
I played for like 3 hrs today... (for me, that's a lot.) I've just left the Wellspring cave and seen what exactly happened afterward....

Also, pistols are awesome. Get lv 3 shooting (or whatever its called) and have fun. They beat blunderbuss by a lot and pistols by even more.

Though it really sucks when you walk away from cutscenes and it creates a glitch. Don't walk away from cutscenes, especially ones that involve your childhood and guys who had just told you to break barrels, but refused.

Anyway, good is better than evil. Get it? Better? 'more good than?' ahhhh hahaha... That was hilarious. (good laughter for bad puns... though not as bad as the title for oots 601...)

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-21, 09:04 PM
@Slaanesh: What is the "trading glitch?" (I haven't read ANYTHING about F2 except what's in the last page or so of this thread.) I'll check when I get back from picking up the game.

The trading glitch was that, in Fable, how much you could sell an item for varied depending on certain factors, one was how much of said item the shopkeeper already has in stock.

This meant that you could go to a shop (the one right in front of the Bowerstone front gate was probably one of the best), buy him completely out of potions for example, and sell them back to him at a profit.

Seraph
2008-10-21, 09:13 PM
that wasnt a glitch, just an improperly thought out implementation of supply and demand.

Nano
2008-10-21, 09:15 PM
Right.

The correct term is exploit. :smalltongue:

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-21, 09:22 PM
Edit: Whoops, nevermind that.

Hows stealth in F2 for those who played it? In F1 it was very meh, and I was planning on making a stealth-like character.

Also, is magic still only really used for buffing your ranged and melee attacks? Or can it stand well on its own now?

Nano
2008-10-21, 09:34 PM
Well, there's no Will bar, now, so you can spam spells to your heart's content. But I haven't really payed too much attention to the Will side of things as I'm rather content with my flintlock.

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-21, 10:14 PM
Sounds so awesome. My parents were supposed to get it for me today (birthday) but a last minute screw up with our finances killed that hope :frown:

Leper_Kahn
2008-10-21, 11:27 PM
Well, there's no Will bar, now, so you can spam spells to your heart's content. But I haven't really payed too much attention to the Will side of things as I'm rather content with my flintlock.

I didn't want to put spoilers so, I was just vague.

Well, when you first encounter enemies which I will not go into any further detail about. :smallwink: I used a will ability which may or may not really exist. That will ability possibly could have an AoE effect or possibly something totally different. When I used the ability I may have had to repeat it many times before any of said possibly existing enemies died. Also, my hand got tired of pressing a button that may or may not be used.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-22, 12:08 AM
I suppose it improves at a crazy rate though. I heard somewhere that while rank one of a spell does around 30 damage, rank 2 will do 100, etc. So it could be possible that only rank 1 spells suck.

Oregano
2008-10-22, 02:26 AM
Question to the people that have got it can you play co-op on the same xbox or do you need system link or go on live? It'll suck if it's the latter.:smallfrown:

RTGoodman
2008-10-22, 02:47 AM
Okay, so I did get my copy of F2, and I've been playing for several hours now.

To me, it's a really good game, though I've seen a couple of glitches. First, fighting some hobbes, I threw one off a cliff with force push, but then I froze because I was still targetting him will he fell into the abyss below. That fixed itself after a couple of seconds, so not a big problem. Also in said hobbe cave, I was doing the mission, and I accidentally left, which means I think I missed out on some Renown and such.

My favorite part of the game so far has been blacksmithing - I've barely done any of the main quest (I guess - I just re-opened the bridge), but I'm already almost a 5-star blacksmith. :smalltongue:

Regarding magic, I'm using it a bit and it seems to stand on its own for the most part. Usually I hit a few bad guys with shock, force push, or something like that and then just clean them up with my sword. I think that if you spent points to up all your magic, though, the later part wouldn't even be necessary.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-10-22, 06:29 AM
I got it yesterday.

It's awesome.

More in-depth critique coming as soon as I can tear myself away from it.

Nano
2008-10-22, 07:04 AM
Question to the people that have got it can you play co-op on the same xbox or do you need system link or go on live? It'll suck if it's the latter.:smallfrown:

You can play on the same one, yeah, though I found it a bit awkward.

SuperMuldoon
2008-10-22, 10:33 AM
Played it for like 2 hours last night, and while it is very fun I can't help but notice some graphical glitches. People walking through doors, and one time my dog got stuck inside of a box and couldn't follow me. Luckily he reappeared next to me after a cutscene or else I was afraid he would be trapped there forever.

AmberVael
2008-10-22, 11:00 AM
As I am playing a character who is primarily a will user....

With lower level will powers, you definitely have to spam.
And mash B repeatedly.
And throw your spell over and over again.
And keep tossing magic about until you want to cry "let it end already!"

However, now that I've got my Shock power up to 4 (muwahahaha force lightning!), I can say that after you've gotten a good charge on it, everything dies. I was slaughtering legions of undead by exploding with lightning goodness. Best part was, even if enemies don't manage to die, lightning keeps zapping them for a while, while you attack them in some other fashion.

I find buying multiple spells to be very unrewarding though- it's too difficult to switch what spell you're casting in the middle of combat, which would be half the point in buying multiple spells. If you work your system right you can put different spells at different levels of charge, but that just makes it confusing and awkward. In all, they really should have made switching spells simpler, or at least allowed you to pause in some way while you were doing it.

JMobius
2008-10-22, 02:40 PM
Can anyone tell me what the "time remaining" status on Jobs is?

I'm a five-star blacksmith in Bowerstone, and given it took me something like an hour to get there, I don't want it to go away...

AmberVael
2008-10-22, 03:56 PM
Your training won't go away, but the job will- though from what I can tell, it is only temporary. Essentially it's just trying to simulate a regular job market- sometimes it is available, sometimes it isn't.

Mind you, I'm mostly guessing at this from what happened to me. I'd gotten fairly good at Bartending, then the job vanished and I couldn't get it- but later it showed back up again.

Apparently it's good to be trained in a number of jobs, so that you can always get good money out of the market. On the other hand, I just bought up a lot of property, so while I'm away from my game, I'll be earning lots of money from it. :smalltongue:

Oregano
2008-10-22, 03:58 PM
Apparently some shops here in the UK are selling it early, I looked in HMV before and I'm going to look in game or gamesation tomorrow, even one day early is great, it also means it'll probably be available.

late for dinner
2008-10-22, 04:39 PM
Ok sorry to be a bad person here but I just dont see what is so great with Fable. I played the first one and just got bored with it. I was watching the diarys on the making of fable 2 and they were like, "we have really made combat great in this one...and then it is a one button combat engine. I press x to swing my sword. Plus the whole freedom thing really dissapointed me. Here I thought that you could go anywhere and do anything, but after playing, i realized you were confined to the road and when you were in town, your freedom consisted of stealing and killing whoever you wanted. I just dont get it and I dont know if it's worth 60 bucks. I would rather play Fallout 3 and know I can go anywhere and do anything. Sorry to be a downer. Normaly I am not.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-22, 05:17 PM
I watched my friend play it this morning.

And then I fell asleep and went home to fall asleep in my rack.

But that was because I had just worked a 12 hour shift, and had already been up for seven hours afterward. It almost helped me completely switch my sleep cycle in just one day.

It looks very nice - the only complaint we have is that her sword-swinging, bandit-slaying advetuerer lass who has never so much as quaffed a health potion seems to be getting fat.

This is interesting.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-22, 05:34 PM
Ok sorry to be a bad person here but I just dont see what is so great with Fable. I played the first one and just got bored with it. I was watching the diarys on the making of fable 2 and they were like, "we have really made combat great in this one...and then it is a one button combat engine. I press x to swing my sword. Plus the whole freedom thing really dissapointed me. Here I thought that you could go anywhere and do anything, but after playing, i realized you were confined to the road and when you were in town, your freedom consisted of stealing and killing whoever you wanted. I just dont get it and I dont know if it's worth 60 bucks. I would rather play Fallout 3 and know I can go anywhere and do anything. Sorry to be a downer. Normaly I am not.

Yes. For disliking Fable, you are a bad person.

Quick, somebody kill him! He's a bad person, we'll earn Good points!

:smalltongue: I tease.

In all seriousness, the original Fable is a very good game, and from what I've heard of the new one, it's even better. It is open ended in the sense that the main quest doesn't consume everything, like in other RPGs. In Final Fantasy, if the Demon Monster King is planning on destroying the world, you should go do that, not worry about silly little Sarah and her dolly down the well.

Fable isn't like that. In Fable 2, the word seems to be "if you can see it, you can go there, and there will be cool things to do." And yes, a lot of it is confined to "Hey, I can kill people. Cool!" But, on a deeper level, it's a game that offers so much to do, you can really pick and choose what you want to do. In the original, I powered through the main quest, and only in the 2nd runthrough did I explore sidequests. I had a legendary Axe, that I'd obtained from behind one of the magic doors, and finding out what made each one open without using a walkthrough was very interesting to me.

It's a huge in-game map, getting 100% completeness is likely to take over 100 hours, it takes over 100 Million Gold to buy everything, there's a lot to do. Yes, you probably can't decide that you should own a crime syndicate, create a rag-tag band of followers, and create a fantasy mafia, who delight in extorting money from citizens and highwaymen in return for "protection". But the game has wide boundries, and everything I've heard from people I know who have it say that it's not restrictive or railroady in the least.

As for the combat engine, it's only a 1-button system, for sure. However, it's supposed to be very tactical. Being on higher ground gives you an advantage over an enemy, long-term training with a weapon makes you able to pull off cool attacks with it, by using the analogue stick, you can perform a flourish. Also, combat is specific to areas. If I'm fighting something on a cliff, and I attack him when he's on the edge, he doesn't just bounce off an invisible wall and fight back like a lot of RPGs. You'll send him OFF THE CLIFF. I'd say that's pretty cool.

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-22, 05:50 PM

Meh, its not for everyone. althought in my eyes you are a cold hearted fable hating baslard :smalltongue: everyone has the right to what they like and dont.

i was a big fan of the first, and wrote a few fanfics about it, so when i heard they were gonna make the second, i was really excited. haven't really been following the story quests too much as im mainly concentrating on getting some real estate. (btw, the old trick of getting a shop keeper drunk and out of his shop, then robbing him blind seems to be a fair bit harder now :smallfrown:)

but, since i was a big fan of the fable universe, i felt drawn to the second and it has not disappointed me. a few glitches here and there but i haven't seen anything major. overall, i like the game and for me it was worth the asking price.

has anyone tried this out with xbox live yet? does the multiplayer work?

Seraph
2008-10-22, 05:55 PM

multiplayer was still a bit buggy at release, so they're waiting until a patch in a week or so to implement it.

RTGoodman
2008-10-22, 05:57 PM
If I'm fighting something on a cliff, and I attack him when he's on the edge, he doesn't just bounce off an invisible wall and fight back like a lot of RPGs. You'll send him OFF THE CLIFF. I'd say that's pretty cool.

Indeed - when I was fighting hobbes earlier, I don't think I let a single one of them remain on the platform!

late for dinner, I don't think you're giving Fable enough credit - I haven't played Oblivion, so for me F2 is probably the most open-ended "sandbox"-style game I've played in years. I mean, I've spent most of my time playing so far just "roleplaying" a blacksmith and family man (I'm only married to one woman, and we've got a baby daughter) who occasionally goes out on quests when duty calls. With the money I've earned, I'm thinking about putting down the hammer and buying out a shop or two to earn money as an entrepreneur.

If I wanted to, though, I could VERY easily change everything up, kill the wife (and maybe the baby, but I'm not sure), sell my stuff, and become a bandit, holding people up with sword or blunderbuss and living a life of crime.

A "one-button" combat system might also seem simplistic, but it's actually not all that simple. As Raist says, there are a lot of nuances to it, included various techniques you can learn (blocks, flourishes, various aiming styles for ranged weapons, etc.) and different ways to fight. I hit stuff with magic or my gun from far away to soften the foes up, and then run in wildly swinging my sword. If you wanted, you could instead snipe with your weapons or spells, or even probably be a very careful fighter, focusing on one foe at a time and blocking attacks from the others.

Also, on XBOX Live you can show up in your friends' versions of Albion and slaughter their wives and friends, which will remain even after you leave. If that doesn't make you want to play, I don't know WHAT would. :smallwink:

I haven't really played around with multiplayer, but even if you're just connected and not playing you can see your friends running around the world if their near you (in the form of floaty red balls).

Sequinox
2008-10-22, 07:45 PM
Pros and Cons of Fable 2, complete with points.

Pros:

Magic is much more fun! Still not as powerful as melee, but much more fun, or at least in my experience. +10

The world is much bigger, and you can finally interact with your environment. +5

The one button system really works well, other than melee getting a little tedious, probably because I forgot how to flourish. (I learned the ability and all.) +5

You can finally buy houses nonviolently, choose store's prices that you own (free beer for everyone!)... +10 (to me, who seeks to be lord of all albion) or +5 to people who don't care.

Combat looks really cool, and the quest design is great, with the exception of 'oh wow, you can't fight in the Crucible yet because we've never heard of you.' Increase your renown. +15 (w/out the renown quests, it would have been like +30.)

Cons:

The dog is stupid, or at least has lousy AI. Not that the idea of getting a dog is stupid... 'come here boy!' (ignores you.) "Your dog is wounded. You should heal it with a dog elixir." 'dammit, I'm trying! come here, you stupid dog!' (Bark bark! Treasure!) 'Noooo!' -5

I forgot how to flourish. -5 (to me), no change (everyone else.)

Balverines seem to be very boring to fight. -5. Balverines were some of my favorite F1 monsters...

The arena is now called 'the crucible' and it's no longer by knothole glade, which isn't in the game, it's instead at the other end of brightwood, which is greatwood, and Westcliff Road. Arg. I don't believe we'll be seeing the north (snowspire, hook coast) at all in this game. All together, the world itself is very different. -10

In co op you can't play as your own character. You have to be a henchman, or the guy you're playing with has to be one. -5

You become horribly fat because you ate some meat. -5

Now let's see how that tallied out...

To me: 15. A great game. Out of ten, I'd give it a 9.5. Now, note that I didn't say anything about basic gameplay, or jobs. Those are great and all, and that constitutes a large part of the score. All in all, I would say that those basics are what makes it. The marital part I haven't gotten into yet, because I've been more aimed at the story, otherwise that would have found its way on.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-22, 08:59 PM
As for you forgetting how to flourish, you can go to the ability section and check out all of the ability functions, I believe by moving to the right (second 'page'). It shows all of the abilities you've purchased in that skill and a description on them (including how to use them).

For instance, if I forgot to aim with my rifle I would go to menu > abilities > Skill > Ranged Techniques and move this to the right to check out how to zoom.

Also, your -10 for the world being different from F1 is a little silly, don't you think? After all, this is many many years in the future from F1 (well, I would assume so. Most people have never seen (nor believe) in magic, and heroes have only become something of old tales), things are bound to change.

Seraph
2008-10-22, 09:09 PM
canonically, F2 takes place 500 or so years after the original fable.

phoenixcire
2008-10-22, 09:15 PM
As for places being different, a lot can happen in 500 years. Just look at our country, in the 232 years that it's been since we became a country it is unrecognizable from what it was back then.

snoopy13a
2008-10-22, 09:47 PM
On the other hand, I just bought up a lot of property, so while I'm away from my game, I'll be earning lots of money from it. :smalltongue:

That didn't seem to work for me last night. I should have gotten quite a bit of gold (was getting about 140 every five minutes in game which comes to over 1600 an hour) but I didn't. I wonder if it only works if you're playing another character or if you're playing another Xbox game. Or perhaps it only works if you have it hooked up to the internet (I don't).

The obvious workaround would be to leave the game on all the time as if you're unmarried there's no penalty to waiting around and doing nothing. Additionally, this could also allow one to shift their purity/corruption levels by altering the rent/profit levels beforehand. However, I don't think this would be advisable due to the risk of overheating the Xbox.

Stormthorn
2008-10-23, 12:01 AM
See, my hero uses guns. Balvarines can cover five or six yards in under a second with their lunge. My guy uses pistols. Fighting those werewolves sucks.

On the plus side a got a slo-mo moment where i shot one once in the chest, then twice more in the torso and head, causing it to do a full backflip in bullettime as it died. Pwn.

And my male hero wears re-colored thigh-high boots that are technicaly for women. I like it tho. Goes good with my hat and ballroom mask.

That didn't seem to work for me last night. I should have gotten quite a bit of gold (was getting about 140 every five minutes in game which comes to over 1600 an hour) but I didn't. I wonder if it only works if you're playing another character or if you're playing another Xbox game. Or perhaps it only works if you have it hooked up to the internet (I don't).

Mine worked. Went to class, came back, got 2000+ gold from my caravns (i think i own the whole outpost now)

RTGoodman
2008-10-23, 02:13 AM
Alright, I've hit a problem that I can't figure out what to do, and I can't seem to find it online. The problem? I, in game, can't sleep!

Every time I try to go to sleep, it just says "You can't rest now" or something like that, and I can't figure out why. I don't think there's any quest that's preventing it (I don't have any urgent ones right now), and the only other thing that's changed since I last was allowed to sleep was that I got beat up by some Hollow Men (or the Hollow Man boss thing during that stupid escort mission) and now I'm all scarred (or maybe veiny - it's just silvery lines on my face and neck).

Anyone know what I can do about it? (Especially since not being allowed to use the bed is preventing me from getting it on with my various wives... :smallwink:)

EDIT: Nevermind - apparently I DID have to go do part of the main quest before it would let me sleep again. :smallannoyed:

Druid_lord
2008-10-23, 08:23 AM
I have been playing lamost every moment i can. And i've had some favorite moments I mean any game that lets you headshot the mainvillian in the middle of his monolouge, sending him into a bottomless pit in mid-sentence is great. Loved the pistols and the combat. My only complaint is one from Fbale 1, leveling p your physique, in my opion mmakes my character look ridicolus, like a steroid using football player.

snoopy13a
2008-10-23, 10:39 AM
Note to above: The silvery lines are a result of your character developing Will abilities. The more experience one invests in Will, the more lines your character gets.

Has anyone had a child progress past the baby stage yet? Just wondering on how long it takes.

Druid_lord
2008-10-23, 11:16 AM
dear lord, i think ive been red ring of deathe'd!:smalleek: three quadrabts light up red, and it won't turn on:smallfrown:

Cristo Meyers
2008-10-23, 12:05 PM
This game had so better not be Vista-only if it hits PC...

late for dinner
2008-10-23, 12:46 PM
Yes. For disliking Fable, you are a bad person.

Quick, somebody kill him! He's a bad person, we'll earn Good points!

:smalltongue: I tease.

In all seriousness, the original Fable is a very good game, and from what I've heard of the new one, it's even better. It is open ended in the sense that the main quest doesn't consume everything, like in other RPGs. In Final Fantasy, if the Demon Monster King is planning on destroying the world, you should go do that, not worry about silly little Sarah and her dolly down the well.

Fable isn't like that. In Fable 2, the word seems to be "if you can see it, you can go there, and there will be cool things to do." And yes, a lot of it is confined to "Hey, I can kill people. Cool!" But, on a deeper level, it's a game that offers so much to do, you can really pick and choose what you want to do. In the original, I powered through the main quest, and only in the 2nd runthrough did I explore sidequests. I had a legendary Axe, that I'd obtained from behind one of the magic doors, and finding out what made each one open without using a walkthrough was very interesting to me.

It's a huge in-game map, getting 100% completeness is likely to take over 100 hours, it takes over 100 Million Gold to buy everything, there's a lot to do. Yes, you probably can't decide that you should own a crime syndicate, create a rag-tag band of followers, and create a fantasy mafia, who delight in extorting money from citizens and highwaymen in return for "protection". But the game has wide boundries, and everything I've heard from people I know who have it say that it's not restrictive or railroady in the least.

As for the combat engine, it's only a 1-button system, for sure. However, it's supposed to be very tactical. Being on higher ground gives you an advantage over an enemy, long-term training with a weapon makes you able to pull off cool attacks with it, by using the analogue stick, you can perform a flourish. Also, combat is specific to areas. If I'm fighting something on a cliff, and I attack him when he's on the edge, he doesn't just bounce off an invisible wall and fight back like a lot of RPGs. You'll send him OFF THE CLIFF. I'd say that's pretty cool.

ok you are somewhat convincing. I will probably give it a try...I wont buy it quite yet but I will borrow it from a friend. If i like it, though I will buy it. and show support for a good game to the studio that made it...Kicking people off the cliff sold it for me...that just sounds fun.

Druid_lord
2008-10-23, 01:43 PM
wait is red ring of death three or four flashing lights?

RTGoodman
2008-10-23, 01:50 PM
Note to above: The silvery lines are a result of your character developing Will abilities. The more experience one invests in Will, the more lines your character gets.

Ah, okay, that makes sense. I looked at my stats last night and noted that it said I still had 0 scars, but I still had symmetrical scar-looking lines on me, so I was very confused.

Has anyone had a child progress past the baby stage yet? Just wondering on how long it takes.

Not yet. Do we know if it's even possible?

dear lord, i think ive been red ring of deathe'd!:smalleek: three quadrabts light up red, and it won't turn on:smallfrown:

I don't know for sure, but I think three red quadrants is always RRoD. I think I've seen it when the HD wasn't connect correctly or something like that, so you might want to check that kind of thing before you freak out.

Druid_lord
2008-10-23, 01:51 PM
I don't have HD , and i've unplugged and replugged everything several times.

Oregano
2008-10-23, 01:53 PM
Yer three is RROD, four is the wire being dodgy, 2 is something else and 1 is complete fail.

Beleriphon
2008-10-23, 01:57 PM

After a fashion. Will is different, you use a base power, say Fire. Just using hte power gives a basic effect, you can then target an enemy or a group of enemies if you have the right abilities.

Druid_lord
2008-10-23, 01:58 PM
great i have the RROD naow.:smallfurious: And i have no idea like where i have th information like on the warrinity and stuff.

Oregano
2008-10-23, 02:17 PM
Check the date and phone microsoft and tell them the date of manufacture(should be on the xbox) if it's before a certain time you don't need any of the details.

Druid_lord
2008-10-23, 02:19 PM
where on the xbox?

Oregano
2008-10-23, 02:22 PM
No idea actually but my dad found it easily enough. I think of the back.

snoopy13a
2008-10-23, 02:42 PM
According to Wikipedia, they extended the warranty to three years for red ring of deaths. Apparently, Microsoft will mail you a pre-paid package that you can send in. So, outside of not being to play your Xbox for a month or so while Microsoft is fixing it, you should be alright.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

Oregano
2008-10-23, 02:45 PM
According to Wikipedia, they extended the warranty to three years for red ring of deaths. Apparently, Microsoft will mail you a pre-paid package that you can send in. So, outside of not being to play your Xbox for a month or so while Microsoft is fixing it, you should be alright.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_360_technical_problems

It took just less than two weeks for me and apparently they were really nice about it(I didn't talk to them). We only sent it recently so we'd have it fixed before Fable 2 was released.

Dhavaer
2008-10-23, 02:47 PM
I got it yesterday an played for three hours. I love that the 'run' button is different from the 'flourish' button now. I'm not sure how I feel about combat multipliers going and the changes to the Will system. The expansion to the expression system is good too, and it's nice to be able to see how you're going with someone. One question, though, female heroes don't need a condom to have sex with other women, right? When my hero got lucky with her wife, I couldn't select the 'protected sex' option even though I had a condom.

snoopy13a
2008-10-23, 06:40 PM
Mine worked. Went to class, came back, got 2000+ gold from my caravns (i think i own the whole outpost now)

I never had gotten around to setting my Xbox's clock. That was what the problem was.

JMobius
2008-10-23, 06:45 PM
As someone with limited playtime, the methods to make gold while not playing are a godsend. I'm not quite sure how they make sense from an universe standpoint, given that assumedly time is frozen while the game is off, but it sure is handy...

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-24, 12:22 AM
One question, though, female heroes don't need a condom to have sex with other women, right? When my hero got lucky with her wife, I couldn't select the 'protected sex' option even though I had a condom.

Yeah, I suppose your kind of screwed in that case. It would be kind of... odd for a condom to work in that situation.

Any riflemen or pistolneers (???) get sub-targeting yet? It's pretty freaking awesome. Shooting a gun out of some guys hand, then stunning him with a shot to the crotch, and finishing him with a nice head shot is pretty priceless.

Forderz
2008-10-24, 01:02 AM
My Enforcer blows skeletons apart in one shot! Slow-motion deaths are incredible!

Your kid will grow up once you continue through the main quest.

RTGoodman
2008-10-24, 02:00 AM
I just went through the Crucible and, well, holy CRAP was it hard. Well, not HARD just annoying to have to fight like 12 Highwaymen/Bandits at once, all of whom LOVE to block attacks AND gang up on you so you can't use flourishes to break their blocks. Lemme tell ya - souped-up Time Stop and Force Push are AWESOME during that thing, or were for me at least. My one problem is how LONG it takes to use your Will spells to their maximum force - I think it takes my 4th-level Time Stop like 5-8 seconds to charge all the way up.

(EDIT: I'll also echo whoever said earlier that switch between spells SUCKS. There seriously needs to be a quick-change thing during combat to where you can set spells to the D-Pad or something.)

What sorts of weapons are you guys using? I know a lot of people have been talking about pistols and stuff, but I'm not really liking them as much as I could. I'm using a Steel Longsword for now (I'll probably upgrade to Master as soon as I can get more money and find someone to sell me one), plus a Master Turret Pistol that I got for really cheap because of some big sale.

Oregano
2008-10-24, 02:34 AM
It's out today in the UK, hopefully I'll be getting it after college, I finished early today as well so yay!

Dragor
2008-10-24, 05:16 AM
After reading Myatar_Panwar's comment and sending it to a friend on MSN, this was the humorous result.

TomTomPortableSatNavAndGoogleCapabilities says:
Fable II. GAH I WANT YOU
I Am...Innuendo Man! (And Thank Heavens I've Come, For Only I Can Handle This Sticky Situation) says:
WANT
I Am...Innuendo Man! (And Thank Heavens I've Come, For Only I Can Handle This Sticky Situation) says:
MUCH WNAT
*WANT
OUT TODAY
come on Dad, I'm buying Fallout 3 after all!
MNAEWfjkdgakjgakngannkgnkjakngfajgj
I might be able to get it on Saturday
please gods...please oh gaming gods
I will... I will HUG you if you do
I am so desperate now
I will...run away but APART from that
*rocks in seat, back and forth*
it will be goooood

We're only slightly insane. But I think this says how much I want this game.

AmberVael
2008-10-24, 10:37 AM
I just went through the Crucible and, well, holy CRAP was it hard. Well, not HARD just annoying to have to fight like 12 Highwaymen/Bandits at once, all of whom LOVE to block attacks AND gang up on you so you can't use flourishes to break their blocks. Lemme tell ya - souped-up Time Stop and Force Push are AWESOME during that thing, or were for me at least. My one problem is how LONG it takes to use your Will spells to their maximum force - I think it takes my 4th-level Time Stop like 5-8 seconds to charge all the way up.
I feel your pain. Actually getting off a heftily charged spell usually means you get hit a large number of times.
I won my way through the Crucible with Shock. I mean, long ranged will combined with short range stunning capability = win, as long as I could pull it off. They just couldn't do anything.

(EDIT: I'll also echo whoever said earlier that switch between spells SUCKS. There seriously needs to be a quick-change thing during combat to where you can set spells to the D-Pad or something.)
That was me. Yeah, it's terrible, isn't it?
I started a new character because of that. :smallyuk:

What sorts of weapons are you guys using? I know a lot of people have been talking about pistols and stuff, but I'm not really liking them as much as I could. I'm using a Steel Longsword for now (I'll probably upgrade to Master as soon as I can get more money and find someone to sell me one), plus a Master Turret Pistol that I got for really cheap because of some big sale.

I've been using a Steel Rifle with both of my characters, one of whom is will focused, the other is skill focused. I plan on upgrading to a master rifle or pistol when I can.

Oregano
2008-10-24, 11:20 AM
I got it today, I'm currently playing a henchman, so I have a cutlass and pistol and I've bought Force Push, so far the game is awesome, it took a bit of getting used to though.

Lady Tialait
2008-10-24, 11:25 AM
I got it a couple of days ago, i'm working on the hero of skill right now. I kinda play slow...I kinda been buying all the towns.....WOOT every 5 minuets more cash!

snoopy13a
2008-10-24, 12:24 PM

I thought the Crucible was fairly tough too. I'm playing a straight Will user and I'm buffing up Toughness with general XP. Almost got knocked out in there but I managed to scrape through. I've been buying up Res Phials at every opportunity though.

Ok, I'm just to Bloodstone and I have say that the Thersea woman is an awful person. She must have known what Lucien was up to beforehand and she knows that you and your sister are heroes but she encourages your sister to get the magic box anyway. She basically throws two children under the bus right there. Next, she uses the fact that Lucien killed your sister to control you to go after him. With her resources, I'm sure she could have hired an assassin to go after Lucien but instead she has to mess up your life. All the tough stuff is done by your character.

Even after you manage to somewhat settle down and start a family, she has you go to the Spire where you lose 10 years. Does she send Hammer or go herself? No, of course not. You're the one who doesn't see their family for 10 years while Hammer gets to spend all the time at the bar. If she was a decent person, she would have told you and Rose to go to the gyspy camp immediately (no buying of the magic box) and hired the gyspies to go after Lucien. Of course, that wouldn't be messing up your life, right?

Oregano
2008-10-24, 12:47 PM
Right, Theresa's the same one from the original Fable right, if so...awesome.

Stormthorn
2008-10-24, 01:51 PM
Any riflemen or pistolneers (???) get sub-targeting yet? It's pretty freaking awesome. Shooting a gun out of some guys hand, then stunning him with a shot to the crotch, and finishing him with a nice head shot is pretty priceless.

Yes, i have it. I love it for my Assassination missions. I walk them to the docks and sub target their head at point blank range. Slo-mo into the water.

My weapon? Master Clockwork Pistol w/ Ghoul and Luck augments. I call her Vera. Actualy, i call her Drina after my characters first wife. The only wife i didnt kill when she tried to leave me.

Any spelling errors in this are due to my cats very loving mood right now. He wont leave me or the keyboard alone.

I do have have a problem with the fat-system in this game. Too easy to get fat and too hard to lose it (is it really only celery that works?)

And until recently i had a problem with the lack of healing options. No more heal spells, and the shops stock 99% less heal potions now. But a regeneraing bed and a vampiric weapon help.

phoenixcire
2008-10-24, 08:23 PM
The money for every 5 minutes isn't exactly correct.

For example; after not playing the game for over 24 hours I turned it on and received 6444. Doing the math brings that to 22 every 5 minutes. What I was actually making at the time was 348. In 24 hours that should be 100,224.

Dhavaer
2008-10-24, 09:01 PM
I agree with Forderz about the slo-mo kills. Last night during the 'Save the Farm' quest I hit a bandit with a max-charged flourish while facing away from him. The camera zoomed in, time slowed down and my hero spun her sword, let go of it, turned around, grabbed the sword before it dropped, and hit him so hard he backflipped as he flew away. It was so cool. :smallbiggrin:

Stormthorn
2008-10-24, 09:51 PM
For example; after not playing the game for over 24 hours I turned it on and received 6444. Doing the math brings that to 22 every 5 minutes. What I was actually making at the time was 348. In 24 hours that should be 100,224.

So...cna you figure out how much i would make every 24 hours non-game if i make 5000 every day (game day) in game?

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-24, 10:25 PM
I might be getting a 360, and fable II soon!

Hoorah!:smallsmile:

Callos_DeTerran
2008-10-24, 11:15 PM
I do have have a problem with the fat-system in this game. Too easy to get fat and too hard to lose it (is it really only celery that works?)

From what I've seen, it is only the celery that lets you lose weight. Also not liking the fat system. I'd rather not be punished for frantically eating food to stay alive in one battle but turning into Jabba the Hutt who's restricted to celery for the rest of his/her life if they ever want to see below their belt line ever again.

However, there ARE foods that don't give fatness so I suppose by selling the meat foods one could buy the 'healthy' equivilants and be safe from that risk.

Dhav:Unless you Hero's wife has an STD already theres no reason to have protected sex and the game won't let you. So..you should be fine but if your Hero 'mysteriously' catches herpes then you may want to take a long walk with the wifey to the Temple of Shadows.

Has that happened to anyone yet? Getting the clap I mean.

AmberVael
2008-10-24, 11:18 PM
Has that happened to anyone yet? Getting the clap I mean.

My evil and "loose" character has caught no less than 8 STDs, apparently. oO
I didn't even realize it until I looked at my stat page, so apparently there are no real effects.

phoenixcire
2008-10-25, 12:04 AM
If you made 5000 every five minutes, you'd make 60,000 an hour or 1,440,000 for 24 hours.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-25, 12:23 AM
I believe the whole money system works like this:

-In Fable 2, every in-game hour is actually 5 minutes in real life time.
-In-game you get payed every 5 minutes real life time, or every hour game time.
-Thus, I am assuming that when the game is off you are getting payed as if real life time was in-game time. So every hour. At least it seems that way with the rate I was recieving cash. And I think it should be this way, or else the game would just promote... not playing it and doing something else if you need to buy something ("Hmm, I'm stuck in the Crucible and need a few potions..." *leaves game off till he has enough*)

Also, one thing I'm really loving about fable two is all the references to F1. Such as in the reanimation quest, where you... Reanimate Lady Grey. If you want, you can even marry her afterwards. Whats cooler than a hot undead wife?

Also the reference to Twinblades in the same quest was nice as well.

snoopy13a
2008-10-25, 12:44 AM
From what I've seen, it is only the celery that lets you lose weight. Also not liking the fat system. I'd rather not be punished for frantically eating food to stay alive in one battle but turning into Jabba the Hutt who's restricted to celery for the rest of his/her life if they ever want to see below their belt line ever again.

However, there ARE foods that don't give fatness so I suppose by selling the meat foods one could buy the 'healthy' equivilants and be safe from that risk.

Or you could stick to potions and water. Money is fairly easy to get initially through blacksmithing or bartending. Reinvest your earned money in real estate and you'll build a steady income. Now, every time you sleep the potion shops reset their stores. Thus, once you have a steady income base you can build up your potion stores. Looted foods can be given as gifts to NPCs or sold.

Additionally, a player with quite a bit of patience can theorectically level up all of their skills just by buying XP potions from the alchemist.

Dhavaer
2008-10-25, 04:15 AM
Dhav:Unless you Hero's wife has an STD already theres no reason to have protected sex and the game won't let you. So..you should be fine but if your Hero 'mysteriously' catches herpes then you may want to take a long walk with the wifey to the Temple of Shadows.

I don't think it works like that. My hero had 6 STDs after having sex with only 2 people. I think there's just a random chance of getting one every time you have unprotected sex.

Has anyone else gotten the 'swinger' achivement? I found it really damn hard to do.

Edit: Spoiler and question for the 'Hero of Will' quest:
Has anyone been able to kill the Commandant? I've been beating on him for ages and he seems to be invincible.
Edit the second: It seems it was a bug, and apparently this has happened to other people. I reloaded my game and it was fixed.

AmberVael
2008-10-25, 09:49 AM
I don't think it works like that. My hero had 6 STDs after having sex with only 2 people. I think there's just a random chance of getting one every time you have unprotected sex.
Yeah, I think that's right. Incidentally, it makes it annoying to play a lesbian, since you can't do it protected. :smallyuk:

Has anyone else gotten the 'swinger' achivement? I found it really damn hard to do.
I got it on my first try. >.>

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-25, 12:25 PM
I'm assuming the swinger achievement is easier for a female hero. I only say this because on my male hero, nearly every woman he swoons wants to wait till after she is married (I took four women in the SLUMS and tried this and they all said the same thing), yet on my female mage I just made, I get dudes hitting on me to go back to their place and have a good time, like every time I do an emote.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-25, 02:38 PM
I just played a bit at my friend's place, because she apparently felt pity for me not having my bloody PREORDER in, yet.

My PREORDER! ARGH!

Anyway! FUN!

The turret rifle (at least of the rusty variety) is great fun until I blow all its barrels.
All three.

Only three.

Damn. I can Has Clockwork, pls?

Oregano
2008-10-25, 02:44 PM
Just beat the Crucible, it was hard but I persevered(sp?) not got any sex related achievements yet but I gibbed a bunny!:smalltongue:

RTGoodman
2008-10-25, 02:48 PM
Just beat the Crucible, it was hard but I persevered(sp?) not got any sex related achievements yet but I gibbed a bunny!:smalltongue:

I always play as Good-aligned as I can on this sort of game on my first run through, so at this point the ONLY times I've gotten "Evil" points are from killing a bunny (with a rifle from very far away) to get the achievement and accidentally shooting a door off of someone's house while trying to break a gargoyle.

Speaking of, how many of those have folks found so far? I think I've gotten about 17 or so, but there's at least one I've FOUND but can't destroy. It's the one at the top of the biggest building in the Fairfax Gardens, and I can see it, but not of my guns (master turret pistol or iron rifle) can shoot far enough to destroy it. Any hints? Also, Demon Doors - I can't figure out how to open ANY of the ones I've found yet. I have managed to get three of the Animated Statues to work, though, so that's cool (especially since I got the Play Dead emote for me and my dog).

Oregano
2008-10-25, 02:51 PM
I forgot all about the gargoyles, the demon doors are a lot harder on this one, the one in the graveyard in Bowerstone just needs a chicken kicked into his mouth.

I got the chicken kicker award at the gypsy camp! I kicked a chicken and it landed in the wagon.

Lady Tialait
2008-10-25, 02:53 PM
I just finished the storyline last night, not much too it if you push getting Lucien gone....meh..I now own LOADS of the world...

Beleriphon
2008-10-25, 03:22 PM
Stupid gargoyles. Has anybody found the one inbetween the Bowerstone blacksmith and furniture shop?

The damn thing keeps taunting me and I can't find it.

RTGoodman
2008-10-25, 03:26 PM
Stupid gargoyles. Has anybody found the one inbetween the Bowerstone blacksmith and furniture shop?

Yep, I've been searching for it since basically the first day I got the game, and I found it yesterday. It's hiding upstairs INSIDE the furniture store.

Dhavaer
2008-10-25, 03:28 PM

So that's where the voice is coming from? That's been irritating me for ages. Thanks!

I don't think swinger is easier for a female hero. I assumed it would be, but almost all the men I tried to bring back home said they wanted to wait or had promised their mother they'd wait. Damn mama's boys. I eventually found a Jack Sparrow lookalike in Westcliff who'd do the deed. I think you have to find someone with the 'randy' personality quality, which doesn't seem very common.

AmberVael
2008-10-25, 04:13 PM

It's on the upper floor of the furniture shop, inside.

Dhavaer
2008-10-25, 07:03 PM
Well, I finished.

I chose love.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-25, 08:40 PM
Well, I finished.

I chose love.

I chose treasure. I'm starting to wish I chose love though. I miss my doggie. :smallfrown:

Also I miss my lady grey wife.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-25, 11:46 PM
I don't think swinger is easier for a female hero. I assumed it would be, but almost all the men I tried to bring back home said they wanted to wait or had promised their mother they'd wait. Damn mama's boys. I eventually found a Jack Sparrow lookalike in Westcliff who'd do the deed. I think you have to find someone with the 'randy' personality quality, which doesn't seem very common.

Clothes make the woman, you know.
My friend also plays a female hero, outfitted in full Noble garb (Minus the wig - shes wearing the Harlot hat, instead), and can't walk down the street without people falling all over her and trying to get her into bed.

This is especially hilarious considering this all takes place in Bowerstone, where she murdered her second husband because he wanted a divorce.
She murdered him by drawing her weapon in the middle of town sqaure and shooting him as he made for the bridge out of town.

It was around noon-time. There were people everywhere.

Also, she murdered her first husband for complaining that his "firends were making fun of him" 'cause she was ugly. And the fact he didn't wear shoes.

Last I checked, shes now married to Lady Grey.
I don't expect that to end very well, either.

In my saga - All I have is the little carriage in the Gypsy camp you start the game with - but I do have a wife and a child (Claire and Alex).
Unfortunatly, Adventuring doesn't pay very well, so I've had to join the Assassination Soicety just to get enough money to feed my family/afford upkeep.

I own no other buildings, yet, either, and am in severe need of a new gun.
Guess whos going to spend many hours of real-time toiling through the job minigames?

Should make for excellent roleplaying.

Grim Greyscale
2008-10-26, 12:00 AM
Hm. How do you people get so many gargoyles? They're an absolute nightmare to find. They blend into the rock perfectly and there's not any indication that they are there. I've only found ONE so far, simply by accidentally landing on it when cliff diving.

AmberVael
2008-10-26, 12:11 AM
...we find gargoyles by following the horrible taunts they throw at you. =P

I've gotten about 30 gargoyles so far. But my biggest achievements are...

Getting the Red Dragon pistol from the shooting range.
Buying every single building I can find (I know of nothing unpurchased)
Managing to convey no less than 12 people through Wraithmarsh to the demon door to get the Perforater Rifle (muwahahaha minigun power!)
Maxing out all Will powers (every last one).
Maxing out all Skills
Not even touching strength (seriously. I do not want to look like she hulk. Ugh.)
Getting all "Perfect" rounds in the Crucible

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-26, 12:18 AM
Need monies? Try logging into Xbox live while playing, and turning Orbs to everyone. I think there must be an achievement tied to giving other players a certain sum of money, as some guy randomly gave me 140k gold. This was when I was barkeeping just so I could buy a 7k sword from the blacksmith. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: And how do you get a perfect on the last room in the crucible? I'ts like the trolls roots things just spawn at random time intervals.

And buying toughness wont change your appearance. And I have the +damage strength one on my female will/sword character, and I think it looks just fine. Not nearly as bad as people were making it out to be.

AmberVael
2008-10-26, 12:23 AM
Edit: And how do you get a perfect on the last room in the crucible? I'ts like the trolls roots things just spawn at random time intervals.
I dodged around it shooting my Red Dragon until it died. Took me a try or two, but constant fire did the trick.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 12:39 AM
Need monies? Try logging into Xbox live while playing, and turning Orbs to everyone. I think there must be an achievement tied to giving other players a certain sum of money, as some guy randomly gave me 140k gold. This was when I was barkeeping just so I could buy a 7k sword from the blacksmith. :smallbiggrin:

I don't HAVE Xbox live.

Seriously. Don't have it.

My Xbox isn't even internet-capable at the moment.

And won't be, for at the very least, a month or so.

Grim Greyscale
2008-10-26, 01:45 AM
...I've never heard a gargoyle say ANYTHING, let alone insult me. This seems to be a problem.

RTGoodman
2008-10-26, 01:54 AM
...I've never heard a gargoyle say ANYTHING, let alone insult me. This seems to be a problem.

Once you get the ability to aim with your gun and destroy your first one, they ALL start talking. Incessantly. And insulting you and your lack of ability to shoot. And on and on and ON AND ON AND OH MY GOD I'M TIRED OF THAT VOICE! :smalltongue:

I found the one nearest the gate into Bowerstone Market (at the end towards Bower Lake) first, and then managed to get almost ALL the ones in Bower Lake, the Market, and (I think) all of them in the cemetery. I know I'll have to go back in the Balverine caves at some point, because I HEARD one but could never find it in like 15 minutes of searching.

Also, Vael, you make me sad - I haven't really had all that much time to play (since my 360 is connected to the main family TV because mine doesn't even have the AV hook-ups), but I REALLY want to start getting some of the really cool unique weapons and stuff. Also, I want to own more than two food stands and the three homes I own for my three wives.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-26, 03:21 AM
OMG, so your telling me I can make the voices stop by getting rid of my aim ability!? Whooo!

RTGoodman
2008-10-26, 03:26 AM
OMG, so your telling me I can make the voices stop by getting rid of my aim ability!? Whooo!

I'm not sure, but maybe - I know I never heard the voices until I learned to aim and shot one.

Of course, your plan could backfire, and you'd be stuck with both the voice AND no way to get rid of them. :smalleek:

Dhavaer
2008-10-26, 03:32 AM
I've killed about 19 gargoyles so far. They're very satisfying to kill. At the moment I've just bought the Temple of Light, and I'm saving up for Brightwood Tower. If you buy it, do monsters stop spawning there?

Somebloke
2008-10-26, 05:44 AM
I am not going to buy an X-box just to play this game.

There are dozens or more life-rewarding experiences I could spend the money on.

I am NOT going to buy an X-Box just to play this game.

Or Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Or Mirror's Edge

Or Gears of War

I am not. I promised myself I'd save up to see Europe with the money instead. Plus I have an entire D&D campaign to write up and I've only got a few weeks left. This is entirely the wrong time to but a console.

I am NOT GOING TO BUY an x-box just to play this game.

I am not.

I am not.

I AM NOT.

(whimper)

I hate this thread, and everyone in it. Viral marketers the lot of you.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 05:51 AM
I hate this thread, and everyone in it. Viral marketers the lot of you. You're welcome.

According to Amazon, my copy is in. Now, I just need to wait for tomorrow, when the duty tech goes to the post ofice and picks up the mail.

*whimper*

Huuuuury uuuuuup.:smallfrown:

Kaelaroth
2008-10-26, 06:50 AM
I got it offof Amazon yesterday. I loves it. Currently playing a holy girl with a penchant for Force Push and blunderbusses, but that could well change.

For the record,
I just defeated the bandits at Rookridge. That's how early I am. :smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 06:55 AM
I'm not much farther than you, Kael.

I do, however, have a turret rifle which I love until I need to reload.

Must... boost... Speed... Stat...

I'm very pleased with the sheer amount of Badass channeled by a riflemen using Force Push (Like I am).

Kaelaroth
2008-10-26, 07:00 AM
I hate having to share with my brother. :smallsigh::smallyuk::smallannoyed:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 07:03 AM
I hate having to share with my brother. :smallsigh::smallyuk::smallannoyed:

The answer to your woes is...
Couch Co-op!

Rejoice!
In a similar vein, ahs anyone else tried couch co-op, yet? Its pretty alright.:smallbiggrin:

Oregano
2008-10-26, 07:57 AM
What do you mean couch co-op? I've been playing a henchman and then when I wet on my file I'm loaded. You can't interact with anything as a henchmen though, just fight.:smallfrown:

EDIT: Oh wait you can do expressions and accidentally kill people and get bounties and everything.

Dragor
2008-10-26, 08:03 AM
Yeah, I was co-opping as a henchman on my first try with Fable 2 yesterday, it wasn't very fun. Am I right in thinking that you can co-op with two heroes if you system link two 360's up?

Oregano
2008-10-26, 08:04 AM
Yeah, I was co-opping as a henchman on my first try with Fable 2 yesterday, it wasn't very fun. Am I right in thinking that you can co-op with two heroes if you system link two 360's up?

Apparently not which is a major complaint, it'd be great if you could talk to people though, I'm not really bothered about anything else.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 08:08 AM
Thats due to be released in an upcoming patch, as of right now, all you can do is plop down next to a fiend, turn on a second controller and press start.

I had fun henchmanning under my friend. She used me as her assassian and had me shoot people for her so she wouldn't get Evil points.

Oregano
2008-10-26, 08:12 AM
But I haven;t got Xbox live, that means I can't get the patch.:smallfrown:

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 08:15 AM
But I haven;t got Xbox live, that means I can't get the patch.:smallfrown:

This is the one game where I've decided I'm going to get Xbox live. Just because of this game.
Yes, I like the multiplayer idea that much. Hopefully, you can muck around and switch out equipment and trade and level your own character on the fly that way.

Oregano
2008-10-26, 08:18 AM
I'm going to have to get xbox live or I might use the 48 hour trial I got with the game when the patch comes out.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 08:21 AM
Indeed, I can't wat for A) That patch and B) My upcoming return to a one-man room.

SilverSheriff
2008-10-26, 09:30 AM
I finished the main story 22 hours ago (3:30 AM where I live), it was a disappointment.:mad:

Dragor
2008-10-26, 09:33 AM
Thats due to be released in an upcoming patch, as of right now, all you can do is plop down next to a fiend, turn on a second controller and press start.

I had fun henchmanning under my friend. She used me as her assassian and had me shoot people for her so she wouldn't get Evil points.

Argh. Another reason to get Xbox Live. That's kinda annoying, but I could trial Live just to get this patch, I guess.

phoenixcire
2008-10-26, 09:35 AM
Doesn't the 360 come with free Live? You just have to upgrade to Gold if you want to actually play games with other people.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 09:35 AM
I finished the main story 22 hours ago (3:30 AM where I live), it was a disappointment.:mad:

The main story for Oblivion was kind of a let-down, too. I still quite enjoyed the game.

Oregano
2008-10-26, 09:58 AM
Not enjoying the spire.:smallmad:

Revanmal
2008-10-26, 10:22 AM
Not enjoying the spire.:smallmad:

How come?

Is it the experience draining thing or the fighting?

Oregano
2008-10-26, 10:42 AM
The first one, not fun.
also...

Poor Bob, I thought he was cool as well.

SilverSheriff
2008-10-26, 12:08 PM
The main story for Oblivion was kind of a let-down, too. I still quite enjoyed the game.

I agree with that. I just thought that Fable 2' story could have been a lot longer, 6 hours of that '12 hour storyline' is spent earning Renown and Gold just to pass that part of the game...

Not that Fable 2 was a bad game, but this is another game that Molyneux over-hyped.

also; does it seem that whenever Molyneux wants to add in something that will make you more attached to the game it will always be a pet?

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 12:14 PM
Molyneux over-hypes games. Thats his schtick.

I'm inclined its more because he wants to create the game he hypes everything up to be more than just to sell copies, but I'm inclined to believe that everyone is more good than not.

Also - I quite like the dog, so much so that when (early game spoiler) Thag wounded the dog by kicking the door open in the I not only gasped, but was very motivated to beat his face in put enough crossbow bolts in his chest to build a house. Also, when Dash insulted my dog, I was more than happy to shoot him in the face, not for stroyline reasons, but because he insulted Fenrir.

Forderz
2008-10-26, 12:44 PM
I found it was very surprising that I actually felt a huge tug to choose love instead of sacrifice. It is a mark of greatness that Fable can make you care more for a family and pet than the Sims can.

Seraph
2008-10-26, 12:49 PM
definitely. I think the biggest sign of how good this game is at pulling heartstrings is that, after passing through bowerstone after some adventuring, my characters daughter ran up and said that it had been a very long time since I'd been home, I was motivated to run to a vendor and buy a bunch of toys for her.

damn you, molyneux.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-26, 01:10 PM
Yes blackpantsguy, were you disappointed with the length of storyline, or the ending in itself? I for one found the ending very satisfying, and if you were doing side quests/real estate/jobs/romantics it surely feels much longer. I didn't beat the game for 4 days of straight play.

Regarding the end
Reaver is such a badass. An annoying badass, but a badass non-the-less. If you let Lucien continue with his speel, eventually Reaver just pulls out his pistol, shoots him, and asks "Oh, did you want to kill him?" Also I feel happy that when you are escaping with Reaver, and he stops to do his little shoot em' up on the guards just standing there, I had already headshot 5 of them. :smallbiggrin:

And the choices at the end really tore at me. Even as an evil character, it was really hard to go with the douchebag answer and leave behind my dog. So hard. :smallfrown:

Edit: Oh and for you turret rifle people, it would probally be wise for you to invest 3 points into brutal strikes. That allows you to reload instantly if you tap the Y button as soon as you hear the reload noise.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 01:23 PM
So - clockwork vs. turret, which provides a faster overall rate of fire? I'm too poor and unable to find a clockwork weapon to do any experiments, myself.
I find Turret is very good until you empty all three barrels, and after that, takes way too long to reload.
I played as a henchman on my friend's equipped with a colckwork, and didn't have the same problem, despite a slightly lower rate of fire, but my friend has completely different stats, so the henchman played differently.
I think the speed my have just been high enough so I didn't need to worry about reload times much.

snoopy13a
2008-10-26, 01:25 PM
definitely. I think the biggest sign of how good this game is at pulling heartstrings is that, after passing through bowerstone after some adventuring, my characters daughter ran up and said that it had been a very long time since I'd been home, I was motivated to run to a vendor and buy a bunch of toys for her.

damn you, molyneux.

Yeah, the daughter really makes you want to stay home and not go off adventuring. Plus, she always runs after you and tags alongs.

Revanmal
2008-10-26, 01:59 PM
I'm guessing they just randomly assign you a child? Because... well, my character is white... and so is my wife... and yet our son looks like a young Middle Eastern boy... Hu-BUH?! I'd sacrifice that woman at the temple of shadow in seconds if this means what I think it means. :smallannoyed:

Edit: Has anyone else figured out what those different collars do besides give the dog a new accessory? The ones that apparently give it a boost to certain stats when worn, but only when the dog is Strength, Skill, or Will user. Is it just a joke, or can the dog actually learn to attune itself to a skillset?

AmberVael
2008-10-26, 02:00 PM
So - clockwork vs. turret, which provides a faster overall rate of fire? I'm too poor and unable to find a clockwork weapon to do any experiments, myself.
I find Turret is very good until you empty all three barrels, and after that, takes way too long to reload.
I played as a henchman on my friend's equipped with a colckwork, and didn't have the same problem, despite a slightly lower rate of fire, but my friend has completely different stats, so the henchman played differently.
I think the speed my have just been high enough so I didn't need to worry about reload times much.

Clockwork. While they have nearly the same actual firing speeds, a Clockwork weapon only takes 1 reload for all your shots, while Turret needs to be reloaded for each shot.
This is why the Red Dragon gun is so good. 6 shot clockwork pistol with a .75 reload time.
It's like a minigun.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-26, 02:11 PM
Clockwork. While they have nearly the same actual firing speeds, a Clockwork weapon only takes 1 reload for all your shots, while Turret needs to be reloaded for each shot.
This is why the Red Dragon gun is so good. 6 shot clockwork pistol with a .75 reload time.
It's like a minigun.

SCWEET! I'll make a mental note for when I get my personal version and to make a new Hero! :smallbiggrin:

While I'm on the subject: What is everyone's favourite spells? I quite like Force Push, especially with how friggin COOL it looks blasting a Hollow Man to pieces and then shooting a quick FP under your Gun-Arm at one getting too close to let you reload in comfort and peace.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-26, 02:43 PM
I like Inferno, simply because its fire. Also it has no cap on the targets it can hit with its area effect. At level 5 this turns into killing everything in a OMGWUT! radius.

AmberVael
2008-10-26, 02:53 PM
Vortex is my favorite spell, because it looks so awesome and also is extremely useful in the Crucible. Once you get it to level 5, it is pretty much instant death for anyone caught in it- even if they don't die, they whirl around in circles while you shoot/chop them to death. Amazingly fun to use in an urban environment, too, since it will pick up furniture, barrels, etc. and toss it around.
I also think it has the coolest charging effects (making rain is pretty nifty).

Druid_lord
2008-10-26, 04:37 PM
Gahh I finally called Microsoft, spent like 5 minutes on hold, then 25 talking trhough static to someone who I could barely understand, and now I will have to, after I ship it, wait around 2-3 weeks for m 360 to return,! BTW for when i get it fixed, where are the demon doors, and how do I open them?

Revanmal
2008-10-26, 04:42 PM
Gahh I finally called Microsoft, spent like 5 minutes on hold, then 25 talking trhough static to someone who I could barely understand, and now I will have to, after I ship it, wait around 2-3 weeks for m 360 to return,! BTW for when i get it fixed, where are the demon doors, and how do I open them?

They're scattered about - exact locations are hard to give. I know the one in the cemetery has to have a chicken kicked at it. The one outside Bloodstone wants to hear the lute being played, and one near Something-Ridge Inn or whatever wants to see some dog tricks.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-26, 04:46 PM
What did you all call your dogs? My holy character's dog is called Winston.

Revanmal
2008-10-26, 04:50 PM
My good-guy's dog was Boomer.

My bad-guy's is Jackel.

Oregano
2008-10-26, 04:52 PM
I think I called my dog Anubis for some reason, probably because of the fever I've got.

Nano
2008-10-26, 04:53 PM
I never named my dog. Makes me feel kinda bad. :smallfrown:

Dihan
2008-10-26, 05:05 PM
When I get the game I'm going to call my dog Churchill.

Ooooh yes! :smallbiggrin:

AmberVael
2008-10-26, 05:20 PM

A list of demon doors and solutions for you, since I just did them all today:

1) Bower Lake. Path that leads to the furthest Southwest Point.
Solution:
You need to act for it- it'll ask you to give different expressions and you'll have to give them as it asks. It asks for Laugh, Fart, Point and Laugh, Middle Finger, Vulgar Thrust, Growl, Bloodlust Roar, Worship, Dance, and Blow Kiss (in that order)

2) Rookridge Demon Door. If you just run along the road you'll find this one.
Solution:
Perform about 4-6 different tricks with your dog to open it. If your dog is dead, a dog will be there that you can train (which I tested with my character).

3) Oakfield Demon Door. I can't remember exactly where this is, but I want to say it is near the windmill and the beach.
Solution:
Be romantic in front of it. I've most commonly heard that you have to marry to enter it, but I blew a kiss to someone and got it open.

4) Brightwood Demon Door. It's towards the middle of Brightwood, near a lake that has bandits in it at times.
Solution:
I hate this door with a passion. You need a number of things for this door:
-Cheese
-Dreadlocks hairstyle
-Chops beard (it will say mutton chops to you, but it is called chops)
-Harlot skirt
-A gentleman's shirt (it says Posh shirt)
-Yokel's hat (it says farmer's hat).

5) Westcliff Demon Door. Somewhere in westcliff. If you follow the roads you'll find it eventually... you shouldn't need to go into Westcliff itself to find it.
Solution:
Get enough corruption to enter. Lower your purity. Easy ways are to eat tons of impure stuff and to raise rent prices.

6) Bowerstone Cemetery.
Solution:
Kick a chicken into the door's mouth. There are chickens in front of the door, so it's easy.

7) Wraithmarsh. Appear at the Drowned Farm, turn around, and run up the path, it should be there.
Solution:
Here is a tough one. You need about 10 people following you- I think I used 12. Bring them SAFELY to the door, and you'll be good to go. Remember you need enough renown to take that many people with you.

8) Bloodstone. Right near the entrance from Wraithmarsh.
Solution:
Buy a lute and use it. Quite simple.

9) Fairax gardens. Underneath the castle- just run up the steps, jump over the side, and investigate underneath.
Solution:
Open all other demon doors.

Druid_lord
2008-10-26, 05:42 PM
I just thought of something: will my characters continue to get money from real estate even while my 360 is getting fixed?

RTGoodman
2008-10-26, 06:52 PM
Maybe I'm just blind or something, but where in the heck is the place you go to change your hair or facial hair? I haven't managed to find it yet, and I think I've looked through all the places I've been to so far (the whole Bowerstone/Lake area), Oakfield, and... whatever the place with the Crucible is called).

Also, I haven't gone to the Spire yet - will that change anything once I go, or what? (It tells me it's dangerous and whatnot, so I've been afraid to go before I do all the stuff I want to do first.)

AmberVael
2008-10-26, 06:54 PM
Maybe I'm just blind or something, but where in the heck is the place you go to change your hair or facial hair? I haven't managed to find it yet, and I think I've looked through all the places I've been to so far (the whole Bowerstone/Lake area), Oakfield, and... whatever the place with the Crucible is called).

Also, I haven't gone to the Spire yet - will that change anything once I go, or what?

The Bowerstone Market has a stylist.... >.>
Has a little stereotypical red/white candy cane style sign. If you travel to the Market and go straight just a little bit (and slightly to the right, past the gift stall) you'll see it on the left.

Revanmal
2008-10-26, 07:01 PM
Also, I haven't gone to the Spire yet - will that change anything once I go, or what? (It tells me it's dangerous and whatnot, so I've been afraid to go before I do all the stuff I want to do first.)

If you havent already, go to the Westcliff camp, climb up on top of the cliff overlooking the town, and give that guy up there 5000 gold when he asks. it shall be repayed several times over when you get back from the Spire.

RTGoodman
2008-10-26, 08:56 PM
The Bowerstone Market has a stylist.... >.>
Has a little stereotypical red/white candy cane style sign. If you travel to the Market and go straight just a little bit (and slightly to the right, past the gift stall) you'll see it on the left.

Thanks - I go check it out right now.

If you havent already, go to the Westcliff camp, climb up on top of the cliff overlooking the town, and give that guy up there 5000 gold when he asks. it shall be repayed several times over when you get back from the Spire.

Oh, I already did that - I've helped that guy every time he needed it. :smallbiggrin:

Innis Cabal
2008-10-26, 09:00 PM
It seems very hard to do corrupt acts, but breating makes you fat(Darn Lipid storms) and somehow...pure.

Other then that, its a great game.

Though, am I the only one who
Found Luciens death a tad...well....blah, even though it was the highlight of the game as I didn't have to fight a needlessly long battle against a man boss, just shoot him and be done with it

Stormthorn
2008-10-26, 09:02 PM
...we find gargoyles by following the horrible taunts they throw at you. =P

I've gotten about 30 gargoyles so far. But my biggest achievements are...

Getting the Red Dragon pistol from the shooting range.
Buying every single building I can find (I know of nothing unpurchased)
Managing to convey no less than 12 people through Wraithmarsh to the demon door to get the Perforater Rifle (muwahahaha minigun power!)
Maxing out all Will powers (every last one).
Maxing out all Skills
Not even touching strength (seriously. I do not want to look like she hulk. Ugh.)
Getting all "Perfect" rounds in the Crucible

Congrats. You win at Fable 2. I myself am trying to make the experiance last longer than 1 week. The only one of those thats beyond my skill is the first one. I have trouble distinguishing bandits from civilians for some reason, so i lose tons of points.

Poor Bob, I thought he was cool as well.
See, when i was in thta place, in named a guard Bob about 30 seconds before finding out that their already was a Bob.

Oh, and Reaver stole my style. Im the evil yet attractive gunslinging rogue. In fact, the only thing he is that im not is bisexual, which is something i only regeted as a character idea at the last second. Bastard stole my character.

I didnt miss my dog after he was shot and i wished for money until my wife (my new wife is a whore!) gave me a present and it was a skill book for my dog. Then i missed him. Very much.

Beleriphon
2008-10-26, 09:43 PM
How in the hell do you beat the damn troll in the crucible in under 1:50? The fastest I've managed is about 2:30 just because he keeps knocking me around, and I can't see to use the dodge ability.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-26, 10:18 PM
I'm about to test this now, but I think the best way to beat the troll is time stop + an area spell while standing next to him.

Twin2
2008-10-26, 11:22 PM
Apparently getting close to one isn't advised as I just got pounded literally through the map ala team fortress two glitch. If only I had some auto turrets. :smallsigh:

snoopy13a
2008-10-26, 11:39 PM
It seems very hard to do corrupt acts, but breating makes you fat(Darn Lipid storms) and somehow...pure.

Other then that, its a great game.

]

Easiest way to corruption is to set rent and profits at 100% more than average. The easiest way to purity is the opposite.

Eating meat and drinking alcohol causes one to become more corrupt while eating vegetables and fruits makes one more pure. Rich vegetarian foods like apple pie make one pure and fat.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-27, 04:59 AM
Finally got my copy in!

Guess what I'm doing after watch?

Oregano
2008-10-27, 05:33 AM
Reaver's awesome, half because he's voiced by Stephen Fry and half because he's a bastard.

Who voices the pirate guy as well, I'm sure I've heard his voice before.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-27, 05:36 AM
So, I hear Reaver is an evil, gunslinging jerkfaceass?

'Cause I plan on being a Good, Dashing Gunslinger.

Those adventures will be awesome.

Dhavaer
2008-10-27, 05:59 AM
I was so sad when Reaver gunned down Bertram. I liked the little verbally-challenged nutter.

Well, I'm up to 32 dead gargoyles and I've got the legendary katana and purchased Bowerstone Tower. Damn but the quest there is messed up.

Obrysii
2008-10-27, 06:27 AM
The coolest part about Reaver is that he
had an affair with a boy named Andrew - he mentions something about an Andrew in the 'Rear Passage' and later its confirmed with his diary entries when you buy his house..

A friend of mine has it, beat the main game in under two days, and is working on buying property, namely
Castle Fairfax, at 1,000,000 gold.

Stormthorn
2008-10-27, 08:42 AM
Im working on getting that same building, but im owrried it wont be worth it.

How in the hell do you beat the damn troll in the crucible in under 1:50? The fastest I've managed is about 2:30 just because he keeps knocking me around, and I can't see to use the dodge ability.

I think i beat him in 1:48 by ignoring the second wave of hobbes.
I make up for losing time on him by beating the second hobb round very fast. I think i was just over 40 seconds using only my pistol. (my dude only knows Blades 3 as his spells go. Not very arena friendly.)

SilverSheriff
2008-10-27, 09:33 AM
Yes Black Pants Guy, were you disappointed with the length of storyline, or the ending in itself? I for one found the ending very satisfying, and if you were doing side quests/real estate/jobs/romantics it surely feels much longer. I didn't beat the game for 4 days of straight play.

I got the game on Wednesday, I had a good long run making my characters look similar to people I knew in real life, on the Saturday after my friend left (we played D'n'D on Friday and he stayed the night to play fable 2, only I ended up playing it with his brother(whom also stayed the night) because he went to bed.) I played the game from 1:00 PM until the previously stated 3:30 AM (Sunday morning). I've just spent most of today buying up and selling properties (selling 7 houses in Old Town Bowerstone to buy the Blacksmiths in the market place, then jacking the prices up high.).

so, yes, I do think the ending is a bit anti-climatic and the length of the main story is not at all to my expectations, especially when most of it is spent gold and renown farming.

Kaelaroth
2008-10-27, 09:37 AM
McQuestions:
1. Best ways to lose weight? Damn that piece of mutton!
2. Are gargoyles always up?
3. Does anything happen if you give money to the beggar in Bowerstone Market, apart from the obvious bonuses to goodness and/or purity?

Oregano
2008-10-27, 09:38 AM
I think the problem with the length is the fact that it was designed to played episodically, it was also made so that casual players could actually get somewhere on it.

Games are a lot shorter nowadays, too much effort put into graphics methinks. Well there is other reasons but I don't want to derail.

EDIT:
1)To lose weight eat Celery, any type.
2)The gargoyles seem to always be elevated but I might be wrong.
3)Not that I know of

AmberVael
2008-10-27, 10:05 AM
McQuestions:
1. Best ways to lose weight? Damn that piece of mutton!
2. Are gargoyles always up?
3. Does anything happen if you give money to the beggar in Bowerstone Market, apart from the obvious bonuses to goodness and/or purity?

1) Celery is indeed the only way.
2) No. There are a few that are fairly low to the ground- I can think of at least one.
3) No. Having given over 100,000 gold to a beggar, only to find him still begging later (he's richer than most anyone in Albion now...), I can only assume that he's a rust monster in disguise. A very, very hungry rust monster.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-27, 10:54 AM
Celery is the only way to loose weight. Ohter than celery, restricting yourself to Apples, Carrots, and tofu will ensure no increase in weight. This is my major gripe about the game. Apparantly, running around adventuring and putting your foes to the sword and/or rifle isn't enough excercise to work off a single pie in your entire lifetime.

Water also has a 0 fat rating, and I'm pretty sure potions do, too.

I'd trust Vael more than me with the answer to 2. I've only found 3.

and 3> Again, I'd trust Vael, I've never even interacted with the beggar.

Oregano
2008-10-27, 11:31 AM
I don't like that, I also don't like how eating fruit and veg is pure because no animals are hurt, that's bull. I guess someone at Lionhead is a vegetarian or vegan, is Peter Molyneux?

Innis Cabal
2008-10-27, 01:54 PM
The weight thing and the length are my only real gripes, and the game is still pretty big after the main storyline so its not so bad. But I agree, we are heros that run around all over Albion...how do we get fat.

JMobius
2008-10-27, 02:01 PM
Indeed.

Anyone who regularly walks 70 miles in 13 hours straight, and such, should not be retaining much weight. :P

RTGoodman
2008-10-27, 02:04 PM
I don't even have a problem with fat since most of my healing was from potions or veggies, but I still look like I weigh several hundred pounds. I assume this is because of having a lot invested in Physique, but still - wearing monk robes when you're that big just makes you look fat, and I can't find any other clothing I'd rather wear.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-27, 02:08 PM
Funny note - In Fable 1, it was very hard to get fat, simply because you would loose it with all the running around you did, to the point where I consumed about 20 pies in front of the "get fat" demon door every time.

A little middle ground would be nice, Lion Head.

Oregano
2008-10-27, 02:11 PM
I think it is possible to lose fat without eating celery, I just don't know how, the fatness went from -2 to -1(on the attractiveness page) but i don't why, didn't have any celery before or after.

AmberVael
2008-10-27, 02:14 PM
Actually, at one point I had a theory that vomiting made you less fat, but I had no chance to actually test it besides watching for a little bit.
Plus, the amount of alcohol you have to consume to get to that point means it isn't a viable way to lose weight. You gain more fatness than you lose.

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-27, 02:41 PM
Hey - I gotta wonder - what does everyone think about all of Lion Head's self-referances?

Like the one area called Lion Head Island.
Or the fact that Castle Fairfax's Archetect was Leo Head.
Or the Guildmaster bieng found dead with "Your Health is Low" Carved into his forehead.

Oregano
2008-10-27, 02:44 PM
I thought they were quite cool, but I'm used to self references in games by now.

I also liked the pictures in the credits, they were awesome.

Dhavaer
2008-10-27, 02:55 PM
Has anyone found all the treasure on Lion Head Island?

I've found:
The two on the wrecked ship.
The one on the tiny beach you have to swim to.
The one on the cliff before you dive into the waterfall pool.
The one on the island in the waterfall pool.
The one in the dig spot on the waterfall pool.
The one in the dive spot in the waterfall pool.
The one in the little beetle cave.
One somewhere I can't recall right now.

Innis Cabal
2008-10-27, 02:56 PM
I skipped the credits. Won't next time I guess.

And yes, some middle ground would be great, though, if you are running around as much as you are, you should be -less- bulky then you start out as

I got stuck on the same quest, and same chest, I just ended up leaving

Thanatos 51-50
2008-10-27, 02:58 PM
Has anyone found all the treasure on Lion Head Island?

I've found:
The two on the wrecked ship.
The one on the tiny beach you have to swim to.
The one on the cliff before you dive into the waterfall pool.
The one on the island in the waterfall pool.
The one in the dig spot on the waterfall pool.
The one in the dive spot in the waterfall pool.
The one in the little beetle cave.
One somewhere I can't recall right now.

Did you get the one:
Behind one of the waterfalls?

Dhavaer
2008-10-27, 03:05 PM
Did you get the one:
Behind one of the waterfalls?

I've looked behind all the waterfalls, but I can't seem to find anything behind them. How do I get to it, and what is it in (dive spot etc)?

AmberVael
2008-10-27, 03:11 PM
^: Dhavaer
Behind one of the furthest waterfalls from the point you enter is a small bit of land, where the chest is. It's REALLY well hidden from the outside.

Dhavaer
2008-10-27, 03:19 PM
Sweet. I'll take another shot at looking for it as soon as I can.

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-27, 03:38 PM
Beat it, packaged it, got my King/Queen title. I've done everything now....well not everything.

before someone else goes through the same thing and starts tearing their hair out trying to get the completionist achievement, let me warn you of this...

after you buy castle fairfax, if you have a family and have not done the Rescue quest yet, do NOT move them into Fairfax castle. I've found a show stopper glitch that made my character's husband disappear for good, but not disappear from the stats. I'm running around trying to find the husband but even though the marriage is still valid, the glitch won't let him appear where he should. don't know if anyone else had problems with that, but that's one of the things I'm working on right now. (trying to make him divorce me by lowering his allowance to 0 and seeing if I can at least reset the quest.)

anyone else seen any major glitches?

btw, Lionhead, bravo on old Oakvale. love that scary stuff

also, I found out that Lady Grey is a lot harder to get rid of than first thought. Tried to kill her off to make room for my new family but....heh well she IS undead I suppose. No creature can take that many Red Dragon rounds to the face and still be alive, let alone still look good.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-27, 03:42 PM
Regarding Leo Head and the purchase of Castle Fairfax.

Wow, I can't believe that they put a potion like that in. And so devious too, auto saving directly after you drink it. I now look.... very strange.

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-27, 08:35 PM
So, your opinion:

Buy fable 2?

Y/N

I'am thinking of getting a 360, for fable 2 an da few other games.

Undecided if fable 2 will be worth getting an xbox for.

Along with KotoR, overlord, and mechassulat and morrowind and...

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-27, 08:49 PM
If you buy a 360, get Fable 2. Don't buy a 360 for Fable 2.

But otherwise, yes, its a very solid game, and I would recommend it.

Stormthorn
2008-10-27, 09:33 PM
Well, i fonaly got to practicing at only shooting villagers but i can still only get up to 120 score on the shooting range.

Bah, the first prize probably isnt better than my own pistol.

Can anyone give me a list of all the high level augments and how to get them. So far i have found a Luck, Slash/Burn, Ghoul, and Golden Touch. Im assuming that im missing a high level defense and a high level offense upgrade.

I felt bad for sucking at the shooting range so now im trying to put together an orgy by hunting down all the kinky, randy, raunchy, flirtatious, or unchaste type women in Albion. Unchaste is a fairly rare descriptor, it would seem.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-27, 09:36 PM
Well, i fonaly got to practicing at only shooting villagers but i can still only get up to 120 score on the shooting range.

Bah, the first prize probably isnt better than my own pistol.

I haven't been able to get it yet (highest has been 157), but apparently the shooting range pistol is just amazing. Has some sort of AoE effect, form what I gather.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-27, 09:41 PM
*Sigh* Ok, the new word is that I'm getting it tomorrow.

Yay. I will be making a Good Bisexual Goth Fire Mage. Talked about it with my friend. Laughed and cried at the lack of 'Robert Smith, Master of Fire' title.

RTGoodman
2008-10-27, 09:58 PM
I felt bad for sucking at the shooting range so now im trying to put together an orgy by hunting down all the kinky, randy, raunchy, flirtatious, or unchaste type women in Albion. Unchaste is a fairly rare descriptor, it would seem.

I actually managed to find like 6 women in Bowerstone Market with Unchaste and/or Raunchy while trying to get The Swinger achievement, and I couldn't even get some of them to sleep with me before marriage. I assuming marrying them all, while possible, is probably a bad idea. Also, my wife in the Market didn't take to kindly to my flirtations with other women, so I kinda failed all around. :smallwink:

JMobius
2008-10-27, 11:37 PM
Just beat it.

While the ending seemed a little... confusing, I have to say overall it still felt much more climactic than many other RPGs. Or at least KOTOR2.

I've got to say that

Reaver is probably the biggest magnificent bastard I've seen in a while, both in the magnificence and the (somewhat rarer) bastard sense.

Why the hell did he have to shoot Barnum? That was probably the saddest a game has made me in years. :smallfrown:

Stormthorn
2008-10-28, 12:14 AM
I actually managed to find like 6 women in Bowerstone Market with Unchaste and/or Raunchy while trying to get The Swinger achievement, and I couldn't even get some of them to sleep with me before marriage. I assuming marrying them all, while possible, is probably a bad idea. Also, my wife in the Market didn't take to kindly to my flirtations with other women, so I kinda failed all around.

Just keep trying.

I declare my character, Sparrow the Diamond Heart*, wielder of the wicked gun, and cooler evil guy than Reaver**, to now also be Sex. On. Two. Legs.

8 normal women, 3 whores, 1 wife, and no condoms. One bed. One night.

*Cold, unfeeling and beautiful
**Bastard stole my style. I shot him 50 or 60 times during our escape because that annoyed me.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-28, 12:18 AM
That is quite the accomplishment. I couldn't even get my wife to do it with just one other woman. How did you do it?

Stormthorn
2008-10-28, 12:29 AM
That is quite the accomplishment. I couldn't even get my wife to do it with just one other woman. How did you do it?

I aske dall the other women in other regions and then when my wife was a happy with my as possible I came up to her. She ran halfway accross the area because i was cheating on her but when she stopped i used one of her "like's" and then asked her to bed. She started following me too, although she complained about my infidelity twice more on the way back to the bed.

My wife also used to be a whore, which made her a raunchy kinky type. (although when they marry you they lose a lot of that "whore-ness")

If your running low on women to ask try Thugs. The Aggressive trait seems to make them willing to have sex veyr easily if your attractive+scary.

A Bewitching augment and 35k renown seems to help a lot, as does owning at least one house in the town your "recruiting" from.

A word of warning. If your bedroom is upstairs and your girls get in front of you, you will have a hell of a time climbing the steps.

One last secret: Wear thigh-high boots. I dont know if they help, but my character said "screw the cross-dressing 10%" and went with them. I dyed them dark gray to make them more masculine. I think they are the icing on the sexy cake.