PDA

View Full Version : Adventuring Fedex (IC)

Guchalez
2008-10-13, 07:14 PM
Ok here's our IC thread.
Click here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5102451#post5102451)for OOC thread.

If you're ready let's begin:smallamused:

This intro happens to all of you but in a different moment:

Your life paths have led all of you to the town of Shadowdale; well known for the amount of famous adventures that it harbored. You all have had different reasons for getting there but once you arrived, you needed a place to sleep, and the Headless Dragon Inn down the corner seemed comfortable enough for you.

The night you arrived you went to the dining room and approached the innkeeper to ask for some food. After he stared at you for a couple of minutes he told you:
You look capable enough. Knock three times the door of the nearest room to the big window at the second floor tomorrow night when Selûne is full. There will be a man there who needs a job done and you seem capable enough to do it, tell him I sent you. What's my name? MY NAME IS GRINDOR DRAGONSLAYER! DON'T YOU IDIOTS HEAR THE STORIES?!
The food's 1 Silver Piece by the way, and comes with a keg of ale.

You sat at the table waiting for your food, hearing some odd stories that made no sense told by the tavern's bard about Grindor and the Great Red Dragon Hizkeries.
A strangely beautiful waitress approached to bring you your food, she had one bright green eye and a pale blue one, and her hair was fiery red, with a shock of white hair on the front.
"Don't believe the stories", she said, "they're as real as a nice demon". She winked at you as she left back to the kitchen.

Now this is for eveyone

When the appointed day at midnight arrives, you approach the door as you were told and knock three times, the strange waitress from the night before opening the door. This time she wears a chain shirt, travel clothes and a dark green cloak. In her belt hangs a sword with the image of a red bleeding boulder carved in the hilt.

She nods at you as a salute and points at a large table in the middle of the room, where a masked man in black robes awaits for everyone to be seated. The young woman remains by the door, silently.

Once everyone is seated the masked man starts talking:
I have a very important mission for you. It needs to be done with absolute caution and supreme secrecy, my name and face will remain a secret, but yours won't. Before I tell you what I need you to do, I want you to introduce yourselves to me: State your names and line of work.

As he finishes speaking, he leans on the back of his chair, remaining silent.

Thanks Rettu Skcollob for the grammar advice:smallbiggrin:.

Tacitus
2008-10-13, 11:16 PM
Irisv

When he first arrived he found the innkeeper to be quite a bit more annoying than many others might at first. It was when the innkeeper found a draconic man in one of his rooms that the two encountered some friction. Irisv had been wounded by the 'dragonslayer' but he was soon able to ward off the man with an invocation of peace. A further invocation of warmth and divine power stitched closed his few wounds and offered his forgiveness to the innkeeper.

The night of the meeting he makes his way to the door and knocks as instructed previously. When he takes a seat he allows his wings to stretch behind him, his silvered scales gleaming in the light. At first glance he may seem to be some form of half dragon but his frame is much too small for that to be so and his wings actually seem capable of use. When their apparent patron asks for an introduction he slowly nods. Though draconic his voice retains some of the light and lyric tones of his former life, "My name is Irisv, I was born among my people in Evermeet as Cirdan Sunbeam. As with the traditions of my people I am highly educated in a wide variety of subjects. My true calling, however, is devotion to my divine Mistress, Her Beneficence, Tamara. Her power allows me to mend the wounds of all."

turbosloth
2008-10-13, 11:59 PM
Unknown takes a seat, squeezing his massive frame into a chair with his back to a corner, after carefully scanning the walls behind the chair for any sign of a secret pannel. Once he is sure that nobody can get behind him without him noticing, he sits down in such a position as to keep everyone in room within his field of sight.

Upon hearing the masked mans question Unknown stares at him blankly for a second.

Name? Profession? How can I tell him these things when I do not know myself?

"I have no name. I have no profession. I am exceptionally skilled at killing men with my bare hands. I am strong, tough, and surprisingly agile. I have keen senses, particually in the dark."

He then folds his hands in front of him at the table and waits patiently for others to respond.

I guess they now know as much about me as I do myself...

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-14, 12:06 AM
Galen

The prospect of an adventure sounded good to Galen, and the innkeeper seemed trustworthy enough. As he walked into the room he looked at his surroundings and noticed two people seated at the table, one had visible wings and the other is about his size.

Galen takes a seat at the table and, after being asked for an introduction begins speaking. My name is Galen Marek, I used to be a bow-maker, now I simply do whatever I can to make a living. I hope I can help.

SoD
2008-10-14, 03:53 AM
Tanyr

Tanyr enters, at the requested time, followed by Jark. She smiles sweetly at the nameless man; "My name is Tanyr, previous arcanist. I'm sure I can be of use. And this is my companion, Jark." Tanyr carefully stands at her seat, pausing slightly to see if Jark's feeling gentlemanly tonight.

Cheesegear
2008-10-14, 04:03 AM
Jark appears as a short, bulky human. In his hands, is a ghostly dark rat. Jark is playing with it, watching intently as the rat scurries over and under his hands, but, Jark always seems to catch it - as if he knows where it will be next - before it hits the table.

His head snaps up at the sound of his name. The ghostly rat, the parody of a real animal, suddenly drops from his hands, and lands on the table. The rat - if that's what it could be called - slowly grows bigger, and larger, until the 'ghost' now resembles a hedgehog. The hedgehog takes a quick glance around the room, and curls into a ball. It's spines spreading in all directions.

Jark looks at everyone, then his eyes settle on Tanyr. I don't like these people. I don't like this place. Let me out. It was a pity Tanyr couldn't read his thoughts. It was also a benefit. Jark often had dark thoughts about Tanyr. Jark took a deep breath.

"My name is Jark." he pronounced it Yark "That's with a 'J'. I am a Rashemi warrior, I follow my Wychlaran Tanyr." He inclined towards the woman standing "She has taught me some magic."

The hedgehog uncurled itself and seemed to give Jark a stare. "Shut up!" Jark yelled at the small animal. Jark, once again inhaled a deep breath. "But, he is right, when I am around, bad things happen to bad people."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-14, 05:34 AM
K'zak L'nyt

K'zak stands taller than most if not all of the others in the room, sitting down opposite the masked figure. The traditional dark robe of a warlock, bearing a skull of unknown origin on the shoulder covers all of the imposing Half-Orc, save the face and hands, the blasphemous symbols on the enchanted piece of clothing glow a dim red, faintly perceptible in the low light.

Idly tracing a particularly heretical symbol on the palm of his gloved left hand, the Half leans backwards, displaying more of his face in the light. The features of the Half-Orc are surprisingly handsome for a creature of his Race, though not particularly exceptional. A few scars criss-cross the thin Half-Orc's features, each one a potent memory, and his head is shaven. Notably, his eyes seem to have an odd pigmentation, a crimson hue to them.

Opening his mouth and running a tongue along a large, sharp canine, K'zak speaks in a casual tone, his voice slightly gravelly, with an odd reverb, a symptom of the Infernal powers he harbours.

I am called K'zak. My heritage has granted me some...

He glances at the skull adorning his right shoulder, smiling slightly.

'Useful' abilities.

His smile growing by another fraction, so as to confer a mockingly pleasant demeanor, K'zak tilts his head marginally to the right. He speaks in a slightly lower tone than before.

I kill people. My Ancestors trafficked with some of the more... 'lucrative' powers that are available to Arcane Spellcasters, and as such, I can master a few certain abilities to a degree unmatched by any Mage. I am here because my friend Rashad...

K'zak quickly casts a glance from side to side, seeking out the errant bard. He had not had the opportunity to talk with the Half-Elf since arriving in Shadowdale, and looked forward to seeing him again. This façade of being slightly over the edge he was attempting to project tired him, but was often necessary. People feared what they did not understand. And K'zak was never understood even if he tried.

Assured me I would gain ample opportunity to hone my skills.

Flashlight
2008-10-14, 08:25 AM
Rashad

"And Rashad is the name I go by"

The dark-skinned Half-Elf made himself confortable in his seat, flipping up a coin with his thumb and catching it again. With his clean and perfectly fitting clothes and a honed short haircut, he seems to be an outgoing person. But most remarkably is a icy blue parrot never leaving his shoulder.

"I'm really glad you made it, K'zak, pity though I couldn't find you earlier. We'll talk later."

He smiles, before standing up from his chair to further introduce himself

"I am a bard, singer, taker of opportunities and adventurer. Me and K'zak were already a formidable team in the past, and now we offer our skills of magic and guile to your cause. The parrot's name is Cool P by the way. Say hello."

"G'day!"

He then descends back into his seat. The stay at the inn was more comfortable that the beds Rashad was used to in the last time, after he had a therapy recently, and the exchange of stories with the local bard were also quite useful

Gather Information: [roll0]
General rumors and happenings in Shadowdale

stupnick
2008-10-15, 11:47 AM
Jarian Krien

Being one of the last ones to enter the room Jarian definately makes a major impression by standing out. In walks a man dressed in a black hooded cloak and robes, on them there are red tear drops sparatically placed. Taking one of the seats available and listening to everyone introduce themself, finally he stands up.

Standing up and Removing his hood makes him stand out even more. A rather gruff looking man with dark hair almost wild as some would call it. Jarian has a scar starting above his right eye, going down across his face. It goes under an eye patch that is covering his left eye, where it seems the scar goes directly over. It continues down across his cheek and ends just below his eye and on his neck. Giving a hint of what happen you see a large red lightning bolt on the black eye patch.

Perception Check DC15

Those who pass a perception check notice the scar on his face is a perfect representation and design of a jagged lightning bolt.

I am Jarian Krien, I trained with the High War Wizards of Cormyr. Until I realized that I had a larger Destiny awaiting me. I have since embraced my Destiny and have some skills in fighting, and because of Talos have had some other special powers bequethed upon me.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-15, 12:16 PM
K'zak looks thoughtful for a few moments, processing the information each person had revealed about themselves so far.

Hmm. Irisiv. Healer, definitely then. Looks to be fairly divinely orientated. Sigh. I guess you can't live with or without the hypocritical, pompous bastards. I'd best keep on his good side if I want to get my wounds patched up. Some kind of Dragon-descendant by the looks of it.

That one has no name? Unlikely. Maybe a criminal who just isn't too smart. Killing with bare hands, eh? I like the sound of that.

Galen. A bow-maker? What use in the nine hells do we have for a bowyer?! He hasn't said anything about his combat skills, if any. I must reserve judgment.

Tanyr. Hmm. Very pretty. I like the sound (and look) of her so far, but she hasn't said much yet. Hmm.

Jark. Unstable. I like him. He has that... feel, that a true murderer has.

Rashad! Excellent, I didn't recognize him in the light for a moment. Good to see him again, we will have much to discuss.

Jarian. Hmm. You can't trust someone who worships a God so erratic as Talos. Hmm. Seems a bit pompous. I think... I can actually hear the capital 'D' that he uses to say 'destiny'.

Mike62
2008-10-15, 06:05 PM
Dalcar is a beautiful woman, with long blonde hair, and blue eyes. She is always dressed in her gypsy dance costume; low cut, revealing tops, short swirling skirts, and a multitude of beads and baubles. She seems to have no visible weapons, although she does carry a small wand. She wears no armour as well.

Dalcar winked back at the waitress as she went to fill her order. Perhaps the tales she had heard of Shadowdale were true. Not in town more than an hour or two and already an adventure had arrived in her lap. And, if it proved to be pointless, the waitress was cute enough as it was. She might have to look her up, later that evening.

At the appointed time, Dalcar knocked 3 times on the door, and entered into the room. She moved gracefully to a chair, with her beads and bangles swishing quietly in hushed room. She smiled inwardly to herself, just imagining the thoughts of the others gathered so far. Of what use would a gypsy dancing girl be to an adventuring company? Surely the masked man could not be thinking of including her? Or was she, perhaps, an extra inducement to participate? With an extra smile to Galen and Tanyr, she seated herself.

My name is Dalcar Sontin. I was born and raised a gypsy dancer, perhaps some nights, I will entertain you with that skill. However a few years ago, I discovered some other talents within me. I seek now to master the arcane and divine arts that this and the other worlds have to offer.

With that, Dalcar settles back in her chair, her warm smile never leaving her lips.

Guchalez
2008-10-17, 12:46 AM
When the last one of you ends speaking, silence falls in the room again. The masked man stares at each and everyone of you.
Suddenly the red haired girl breaks the silence:
"As I told you they are a bunch of arcanists, magic users of both kinds, most of them at least, I don't like it, they can't be trusted. If you wan't me to go with them you'll have to pay me much more than what you're paying me now."
The masked man stares for a moment at the girl and then responds:
"You will do what we agreed you would do, there will be no negotiations."He looks back at everyone "I am glad most of you are magic users, that way you will understand the importance of the task ahead. I need you to deliver a package, a book of strong magic, it needs to be delivered with abosute caution, you don't need to do it hastly, the person that has to recieve this book, a Loremaster inside Halruaa, already knows your names and appereance, and you will be guided there by Grindell here." He makes a hand gesture so everyone looks at the red haired girl. "She doesn't like arcanists very much but she knows Halruaa like the back of her hand. She won't carry the book tough, one of you must do it, wich one I haven't decided yet"

For Tanyr, K'zak, Irisv, Unknown, Jarian and Rashad

Grindell seems unconfortable with the job assigned to her.
For Jarian and Rashad

She seems to have a deep resentment to the masked man and it seems that she's taking this job because she has no choice

SoD
2008-10-17, 02:44 AM
Tanyr

He already knows our names and appearances? Is that a threat? "A book of powerful magic, you say? What sort of magic?" Tanyr speaks with an innocent look on her face.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-17, 02:50 AM
K'zal breathes in sharply as his birthplace is mentioned, the shock breaking his 'typical Warlock' façade momentarily.

Halruaa?! I haven't been there since... I can't go. I won't! But... I... I must go. I will not be held back in fear by those traitorous human scum!

The last news I heard from Halruaa was years ago... The townsfolk had put a modest price on my head, after they found I escaped, and discovered my... Heritage. They can't still remember me, can they? I don't think I'd be recognized... So long as we don't return to the city of Halarahh, I should be safe.

K'zak clears his throat softly.

I accept. I speak fluent Halruuan. I... spent some time there, once.

The Half-Orc taps his fingers on the tabletop once.

Can you tell me where; exactly, in Halruua we are going?

turbosloth
2008-10-17, 07:57 AM
"How much does the job pay? How far away is this place we must travel? Is there any travel allowance or arangements included? What are the chances of violence being involved? That includes both the general safety of the roads between here and this Halruaa place, and the chance of parties hunting us specifically to look for this book. Is the fee per head, or if someone dies along the way can we split their share among the survivors? Will the whole fee be payed upon completion, or on a 'half now, half later' basis?"

Unknown fires the questions off one after the other in a professional manner, then waits for a reply in a clearly noncomittal stance, trying to communicate his willingness to walk out the door any second if he dosen't like any of the answers...

Have to make them realise that just because I have no memory dosen't mean I'm a gullible fool, or they'll walk all over me...

Guchalez
2008-10-17, 08:08 AM
"Is there a reason why you fear Halruaa my friend? I can undestand how a man with your manners would be unconfortable with a civilized country like Halruaa, but fear? Do you have a criminal record maybe? Well the questions according to your route should be answered by your guide not by me."As the last word of the masked man fades, the girl clears her throat and answers K'zak:"We will enter halruaa through the mountains, by my secret route, then we will search for our loremaster's son in a hut two miles from Mount Talath, a small town dedicated to Mystra, once we get to him he'll help me locate his father."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-17, 08:34 AM
The Warlock looks momentarily panicked, not used to being under social pressure like this.

Asmodeus' pantaloons! What do I do?!

Er, no. I have certain acquaintances I parted with under, ah, unpleasant circumstances.

Well, that was true, at least. Hmm.

Clearing his throat awkwardly, K'zak hurriedly attempts to shift the topic of conversation to something he finds more comfortable.

So, uh, what kind of resistance can we expect to encounter? Will there be any parties that will be actively searching for us?

stupnick
2008-10-17, 10:23 AM
Jarian

Keeping an eye on the woman, and making sure to watch her and try to see exactly what she is thinking, and also paying particular attention to the one assigning us the job, Jarian keeps an opened eye.

Waiting and judging everyone else's responses he sits back and just smiles.

Heh, A village of Mystra, Funny it would lead us there. And just like everyone else, everything goes full circle.

Well I do believe this sounds like an interesting task. What leways do we have with this? As you said there are no time limits, as long as the package arrives. I am also interested in if there are any other people or groups that would be after this item.

And as was asked earlier, what is the payment for this job. How will that be arranged?

Flashlight
2008-10-17, 12:16 PM
Rashad

The bard listens to everything, resting his chin on his hand. His smiles widens again as the the Half-Orc who pretends to not know his name rapidly asks his chain of questions.

"At least you found something you know, and that's how to make a deal"

He then continues speaking into the audience.

"Halruaa. Wow, K'zak, I never thought I would visit your birthplace. When he's in, I'm in too. What kind of mystic book are we talking about here?"

Guchalez
2008-10-17, 01:27 PM
Since Unknown is the one who sterted with the questions the masked man looks at him as he talks:
"2000 gp each paid by the reciever once you handle him the book, i'll give 3000 gp to be shared by all of you in advance for traveling expenses, that amount doesn't count from the final fee. You can do whatever you wan't with the shares of your dead partners. I'll provide 10 horses, one for each one of you, there are two carts with the horses if you want to take them feel free to do it. If a Boat travel is needed in your trip you can negotiate your passage with the money i'm giving you, but I think Grindell can manage that with no problem at all.
Halruaa is really far south, a place of knoledge my half-breed friend, if you're looking for a place to learn about your past the wizards of Halruaa might help you.
I hope people won't know you have the book with you, if that information slips from you rest assured that dangerous enemies will be hunting from you. You will travel through many countries, some of them friendly some of them hostile, so take your precautions. Everytime you leave a city gather information about the wildlands around, you are traveling with a very acomplished traveler at your side so that should be no problem.
Does this anwers your questions my unnamed friend?
Then he looks at the half-elf bard nods and then says:
The information about the book that i'll allow myself to reveal will be revealed once i have chosen who shall carry the book.

stupnick
2008-10-17, 03:03 PM
Jarian

Jarian Nods in agreeance with what he is saying, and to his own though.

It seems we have a deal my friend. Count me in, as it is Talos's Will

Mike62
2008-10-17, 04:10 PM
Dalcar turns to the woman
It is clear you have been wronged by those who wield magic in the past. Hopefully, I can show you that not all of us are not to be trusted, maybe we could become friends in a short time
She turns back to the masked man
Your propasal, and payment sound acceptable to me, I would interested in hearing more of what you think might end up hunting us.
As for the book, far be it from me to be presumptous, but I feel that I would be best qualified to carry it. I do not seek to engage in combat, leaving that task to others far more qualified than me, so it wil not be exposed to that danger. As well, my dual nature and protection of my goddess will protect me from any influence it might attempt to exert.
Dalcar checks some of the beads on her skirt as she finishes speaking, shaking them out slightly, sending sparkles dancing in the dim light of the room. She smiles warmly at the rest of the group, waiting to see what they think as well.

Flashlight
2008-10-17, 04:16 PM
Rashad

Then it's settled.

He leans back and begins to recite rhythmically. Just after the first verse, the parrot suddenly gets lively and begins to add comments.

Oh I like adventuring
treasure so alluring Yeah!
swords clashing Yeah!
magic blurring Shhh
and flashing Kzzz
that's adventuring Yeah!

He finishes with a acclaiming look to his blue pet, content with it's performance in this little demonstration.

"I don't really care who carries it, but I'm not the one. My packs are full anyway. By the way, beautiful, what is your name?"

His question goes out to the red-haired waitress-fighter.

Tacitus
2008-10-17, 05:29 PM
Irisv

The dragon leans forward and poses a question, "With so much gold at our disposal is there not a reason we could simply arrange for a powerful teleportation to take us all to the designated location? For so much gold I am sure we could procure such services as well as discretion. I doubt we could find such power here, but anywhere nearby would expedite our travels."

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-17, 06:18 PM
If this book is so powerful why are you entrusting it to us? If we are to carry the book, I believe I should carry it. I don't look much like a wizard of any sorts, so people won't expect me to carry it.

Galen wondered what this man's intentions were, as he couldn't read his face with that mask over it. The others in this room seemed trustworthy enough, that that red haired women seemed extremely paranoid for a guide.

The payment seems acceptable,but how powerful would these "dangerous enemies" be? And who are they working for?

Maybe these are some of the marauders that burned down his house. This seems like a perfect opportunity to find out about them, especially since he's in Shadowdale. Maybe he can find more information before the party leaves.

Guchalez
2008-10-17, 09:20 PM
He looks at Galen and starts talking again with an annoyed tone in his voice:
"I'm entrusting it to one fo your traveling partners because anyone looking for the book won't think any of htem would have it, they'd expect someone more powerful, like me, to be carriing it.
These dangerous enemies are powerful enough to work for themselves and send their minions to finish you off if you are not cautious with whom you share your information. And even if you are right about thinking that noone would assume that you are keeping it, rest assured I won't give this important book to a bow maker with the stench of a nature dweler.
Then he stares for a moment at Dalcar, then he turns to look at Irisv and tell him:
"Yours seems like a clever observation my reptilian friend. But don't you think that if teleportation was a way to travel with this book I'd be in need of your help?"His chest jumps like he's laughing quietly. After he's done, he stares back at Dalcar:"My dear, I'm sure you are a very acomplished magic user and that you'd take care of the book with every breath in your body, but I don't think there is enough room for it under that tiny skirt of yours.

Turbosloth:
A deep voice taks into your mind, it's a chilling voice that echoes with the dry whisper of a long forsaken crypt:
"The belongins of a dead man should go first to their burial rituals, then to their will and then you may take the spoils, this for your friends as for your enemies, the dead are not to be forsaken, but to be respected."
After that your philactery calms.

Then he looks at Rashad, stares at him for a moment and then starts taking: "I like you Rashad, the fact that you don't want to carry the book makes you the perfect bearer, but if you don't want it I will give it to the beatyful previous arcanist who responds to the name of Tanyr. I find her silence and innocence enchanting. But you are my fisrt choice Rashad, since the book must go to willing hands, it your choice to make. Don't choose right now, I'll give a proper introduction to the book before you choose"

He leans on the back of the table and looks inside his robe for something. He pulls out a piece of parchment and places it in the middle of the table. He pulls out of his pocket a red feather with a bluish iron tip. He mutters a strange word and for a second the tip of the feather turns crimson. Then he pintches the tip of his finger with the feather and then places it over the parchment. A drop of blood falls on the parchment and as the masked man starts speaking crimson letters start appearing on the parchment copying every word the man says:"By this contract I forbid myself of deliberately speaking about The Book of Shadow Enlightment or the person who gave me such information with anybody not binded by this contract, if I do so I accept the curses that empower this piece of parchment.

He handles the feather to Rashad and tells everyone:"Before I start talking about the book in question everyone will put a drop of their blood in the parchment, those who deny will have to leave the room and don't talk about this meeting again, the information you have so far is not harmful but in the proper ears could do some serious damage. If one of you leaves have my word that revealing the information wich has been given to you tonight will mean your death, and it won't be a fast one. So Rashad, if you may, please put a drop of blood in the parchment"

turbosloth
2008-10-18, 12:48 AM
"That seems a little extreeme... But I guess we have little choice" Says Unknown, staring uncomfortably at the parchment

Hmmm... some of them seem not to belive my lack of knowledge in the world. But how on earth did the masked man know that I have no memory? I said I have no name, I have told nobody yet that I have no memories... can I trust him?

SoD
2008-10-18, 05:46 AM
Tanyr

Blood oath...how melodramatic. Tanyr widens her eyes, impressed. "A blood oath? Impressive. I've only heard of them before. But what, if I may ask, what curses are hanging over our head if we break the oath?"

After hearing (or not hearing) about the curses, Tanyr pricks her finger, adding her blood. If Rashed doesn't take the book, Tanyr accepts, acting honoured and all that.

Flashlight
2008-10-18, 05:51 AM
Rashad

Rashad grins as the masked employer pulls out the parchment.

"That was only to test you. Of course I'm taking the book if you want me to carry it. How bad that could be, if Lady Luck blesses me?"

He pulls out his dagger from his boot, and cuts his left index finger with a flick of the wrist, putting the weapon back into it's sheath. Then he puts his bloody fingerprint onto the parchment with a content smile.

Tacitus
2008-10-18, 06:13 AM
Irisv

He contemplates this oath for a moment and considers simply leaving. Lost in thought he allowed his mind to wander about the subject. As his stream of consciousness began to meander he began to form a conclusion. The rush of notions spread into a calm sea as he nodded and extended a hand to take the feather and prick himself as instructed. A low hiss echoed from deep within as his wings fluttered. His words formed in the draconic tongue, "My Lady brought me here for a reason, and I will see through my destiny."

((Whats sad is I just realized I could have actually written that sentence in draconic.))

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-18, 07:13 AM
A Blood Oath?! I know what putting blood to parchment can do... Still, the terms are rather lenient, one cannot deliberately talk about it... I'll do it.

He bites down on his finger to draw blood, but seeing Rashad told the feather must be used, he stops.

Bugger.

Taking the feather, he places a drop of his blood on the parchment to signify his agreement.

I accept the terms.

Guchalez
2008-10-18, 07:13 AM
When Flashlight damages himself with his dagger, the masked man starts laughing and tells him: "You must use the Crimson Feather"

Flashlight
2008-10-18, 07:16 AM
Rashad

Rashad grins

"You can't really blame me for trying"

then takes the feather and adds another dot of blood to the parchment.

"When can we depart?"

Mike62
2008-10-18, 07:23 AM
A ghost of a smirk crosses Dalcars lips as the man speaks to her
Ive often found that the shorter the skirt, the less likely it is that a man will rummage through your packs, lest he miss out on the chance to frisk you...but of course, I respect your choice
Dalcar accepts the Crimson Feather, smiling at Rashad as she does so. She pricks her finger and then leans forward the parchement, her cleavage threatening to spill out of her top as she does so, and presses her finger to it
She settles back in her chair, crossing her legs, and holds out the feather
Who is next?

turbosloth
2008-10-18, 08:07 AM
Unknown takes the feather and calmly pierces the ball of his thumb, alowing a single drop of blood to fall on the parchment, before throwing it down

"There. It is done. I suppose I am bound to your little quest now. When do we depart?"

Finally, I have a purpose...

Cheesegear
2008-10-18, 08:23 AM
Seeing Tanyr commit herself to the Blood Oath, Jark scowls. As the hedgehog on the table uncurls itself and crawls along the table, along the way, losing it's spines, as it grows longer and sleeker. Eventually skittering off the table and landing in Jark's lap. Jark's shadow-animal now resembles a ferret, and it climbs speedily up his torso, and wraps itself around Jark's neck and shoulders.

"Shh...My friend." Jark says half to himself. "It's only one drop of blood. And the terms of the contract are not too restrictive. Also, the wychlaran has accepted. As has everyone else." Jark pauses, and tilts his head closer the the dark animal's mouth. "Lies! I am not a coward! I am Rashemi!"

Jark snatches the quill and stabs himself lightly with it, and lets the drop slide from his finger onto the parchment. Looking towards Taryn, Jark looks slightly pleased with himself. Turning towards his dark companion "There, I did it. So you can just be quiet."

Jark sits back down in his seat and folds his arms. What curse will happen if I break the Oath? They have our blood now...Can they use the witch-magic to control us? I will find a way to get out of this. My blood is mine!

stupnick
2008-10-18, 08:29 AM
Jarian

Taking the feather and pricking his finger, Jarian drops some blood on the parchment. With out saying a word or contemplating what everything means, he simply does as he is told. Waiting to hear the next part of there journey.

SoD
2008-10-18, 10:13 AM
Tanyr

Tanyr gives Jark a small nod, and a smile, before turning and giving the others a sweet smile ."Well. That seems to be all of us bloodbound. Seeing that we can't break it, do you have any more information for us, or are we expected to pack and leave? And I think we'd like to know what curse is hanging around our knecks now we're bonded by the blood in our veins." As she asks her last question, she look to her new companions for support.

Guchalez
2008-10-18, 06:15 PM
One by one the drops of blood fell to the piece of parchment, each time a drop fell a crimson stain started dancing until the name of the person who owned that drop of blood was written, a second later the stain was gone.
When the nameless half-orc put his blood on the parchment the stain danced for a longer time, afeter a while a symol formed a Jawless Skull and a writing quill over a scroll, a second passed and the drop started dancing again and after a little while a new symbol appeared, the image of a skull adorned with a diamond on the forehead.

Grindell takes the feather and looks at the masked man, he nods. Then she pintches herself and lets a drop of blood fall to the piece of parchment, her name appears "Grindell Shadowstaff". She had remain silent and thoughtful after ignoring Dalcar and Rashad's flirting but after her name faded she said:
I don't think he'll talk until the bow maker puts a drop of his blood or leaves.

Mike62
2008-10-18, 08:51 PM
Dalcar smiles encouraginly at Galen
C'mon honey, just sign in, Im anxious to get going and find out more about all of us in action

After encouraging Galen to sign in, Dalcar allows her gaze to flick speculatively between Tanvyr and Grindell.

turbosloth
2008-10-18, 09:24 PM
Interesting... not even this strange magic knows my name... But that first symbol was the same as my phylactary, so obviously my suspicion that when I had memories my faith was important to me is true...

Gesturing toward the parchment as the second image solidifies, Unknown looks around the table and says "That first image was... familiar to me... but I don't suppose any of you could help me out with what the second one means?"

Mike62
2008-10-18, 09:42 PM
"That first image was... familiar to me... but I don't suppose any of you could help me out with what the second one means?"

I have some familiarity with the symbols of the gods, let me put my mind to it

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-19, 04:27 AM
Sorry guys I was gone for a few days

I'll sign, just give me a minute.

I wonder why the need for a blood oath. This seems frivolous and indicates there is something more. I need to have some people around me though, for protection partly, but they may also help me find some information.

Galen grudgingly pricks his finger and as the drop of blood drops to the parchment, he realizes that there is no turning back.

stupnick
2008-10-19, 10:55 AM
Jarian

The worshiper of Talos takes mental note of everyone's name to there person, when the half orc's name does not appear he is rather curious about it. Studying the symbols that did appear he tries to remember what those symbols are, and also tries to figure out if there would be a reason no name appeared.

[roll0]
[roll1]

not sure what skills/abilities you would like me to roll for such, so i just rolled two d 20's, apply what bonuses you feel fit.

Mike62
2008-10-19, 11:04 AM
Dalcar continues to gaze at the symbols, even as they fade away.
The first one was the symbol of Jergal, an ancient deity in the Realms. He has since given up his positions, but still exists in some shadowy way. As for the other, I have no idea, although it is related to the worship of death
Dalcar looks up with a smile
You would seem to have 'interesting' past

Guchalez
2008-10-20, 12:17 PM
The masked man takes the parchment silently while everyone seems to be discussing about Unknown's symbol, after a moment he clears his throat.
Once everyone's attention is on him he pulls a book of dark hardcovers reinforced with darksteel locks, it's pages seem natural black and it seems as if the book were emanating darkness. Then the man starts talking:

This is The Book of Shadow Enlightment. I stole it from it's place of rest in the Plane of Shadow from a tower filled withliches and undead. I adventured there looking for another book, which I found by the way, but as I was looking I came across this book -or as some would say It cam acroos me- and it somehow called me. At first I thogth it was my natural curiosity, as you can imagine I like books, but it wasn't, now I know that this book contains powerful magic and is probably a sentient magical being, but its contents were not be revealed to me.
As I was leaving the tower one of the liches glances at me and apparently he started following me. I didn't realized that this lich followed me and went to my safeheaven, once there I started reasearching the information I was sent to look in the tower for it was my duty to do this reasearch.
After I finished I started to try to uncover this book's secrets, not much time passed until the liches attacked me, they were looking for what I had stole but they didn't knew what it was, they seemed to be unaware that this book was missing, they were unaware that the other book was missing too. So they asked me what I had stole and I told them about the object of my fisrt research. They asked for the fisrt book and I gave it to them. After that, they attacked, we fought and I came out victorious but one of them left with the first book, which was unimportant for I had the information needed out of it, but somehow I knew he would come back with more forces to try to kill me. So i took my traveling equipment and left with this book, I couldn't travel magically so I bought a horse and left.
I traveled trying to find some information about the book or these group of liches but I found nothing, so I sent a message to and old friend of nime, the loremaster of Halruaa you are traveling to find, and he told me to give him the book. I intended to travel myself with the book but I came across with some really useful information:
On one of my travels gathering information about the book I found a Library dedicated to Oghma, nobody saw me enter but apparently the Library detected some of the magic in the book and now a group of worshipers of Oghma is looking for me because the want the book for safe keeping, I captured one of their priest who was spying on me, he told me everything and how did they reached me. I know I know they want to hide it so noone will read it, I'm against their suppresive ways and I wan't to find what this book is about so I'm on the run from them.
Another Group of wizards are apparently looking for this book too, they knew where to look also because one of them was found looking for the book inside of the tower, when the liches interrogated this thief he told them what he was looking for but he said the book was missing, they looked for the book and found that the book was missing, that's when they realized I had stole two books instead of one.
They went to my home and destroyed it to the very foundations and killed all my servants but one, a sneaky little kid who overheard their conversation and gave this information. I know the book can't be scryed of search through any detection means, they are on my trail because they are looking for me not the book, so they won't know I've gave it away unless they find me, which they won't.
That's all the information I have allowed myself to share with you. Keep yourselves silent about the book and nobody with track you. That been said I must depart. Is there any other question?

Will continue in a moment... stay tunned- All said!

Mike62
2008-10-20, 04:08 PM
Dalcar clears her throat, and then
So what you are saying is that we are likely going to be persued by liches, a bunch of priests of Oghma, and several wizards, all intent on seizing this book and likely separating our heads from our shoulders to do so.
Not that Im put off by all this, but I just want to be clear on who we are going to be dealing with, because sooner or later they are going to figure out whats happened and come after us. Any other opponents we should know about?

stupnick
2008-10-20, 05:03 PM
Jarian

This sounds like a great challenge of our skills, And I look forward to this mission. I do not have any more questions relating toward you.

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-22, 01:51 AM
These enemies seem dangerous, but I believe we can handle them. Is everyone here up for the challenge? I know I am.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-22, 03:36 AM
The Half Orc is silent for a moment. Thoughtful.

I accept. I will gladly slaughter all those who stand in our path.

Flashlight
2008-10-22, 09:47 AM
Rashad

While the masked man was talking, Rashad took a comfortable position, pinching himself from time to time to not fall asleep.

"Sounds like fun, so hand over the book and we can depart right now. Or is somebody planning anything else?"

Tacitus
2008-10-22, 02:29 PM
Irisv

He cocked his head, "Allowed yourself to share? You speak almost as if you were not truly here. Regardless, the light of my Lady will bind us all together."

Mike62
2008-10-22, 05:27 PM
Dalcar looks around at the group
Well of course Im in. But who says we have to slaughter all our enemies? Seducing them and tricking them into working for us is far more satisfying. Believe me, getting seduced by me is VERY satisifying
At saying the last, Dalcar takes a long look at every member of the party, as well as Grindell.

SoD
2008-10-22, 08:27 PM
Tanyr

"And I'm sure you'll have the time of your life seducing the clerics, wizards and liches. Tell me, were you planning on doing them all at once, or one at a time? I'm sure that while you're enjoying the pleasure of one of them, the others will be trying to deal with us, not waiting in a que. I don't mean to offend, of course. Just speaking my mind." Tanyr frowns slightly, as a new thought appears. "However, I do agree that, if possible, we shouldn't want to slaughter them. We hardley want the law chasing us as well. Of course, I'm sure there'll be numerous times when slaughter is the only avaliable option to us. There always is." she adds, as an after thought, giving Jark a small smile, before looking at the others gathered there. I'm sure that there are some here who would agree with that...

Guchalez
2008-10-22, 10:55 PM
"You don't have to fight clerics, wizards or liches, they won't be after you, they are after me since they believe I have the book. If you want to fight them please don't take the book with you, I don't want them to have the book for themselves. I'll take from the unnamed half-orc and the warrior with the dark companion silences that they have no questions as well, so at last I can depart. The book has been on the table since I startted talking Rashad, take it whenever you want."He puts a sack over the table. Then he mutters some strange word and desapperas in a shroud of shadow that started dancing around him.

Once he's gone Grindell talks, she sounds merrier now. "We must leave as soon as possible, Pack your things and we'll meet at the stables".

With this she opens the door and leaves. The room goes silent, you are alone, all of you for the fisrt time.

Flashlight
2008-10-23, 04:02 AM
Rashad

The bard stands up, grabbing the book and putting it into his rucksack he kept with him. He also pulls out a cookie out of a side pocket and gives it to his parrot:

"I suggest departing at once, as long as it's nighttime. There is no need to attract attention, especially in Shadowdale. We'll have enough time to talk and joke around during the ride"

He nods to K'zak, then leaves the room, muttering under his breath:

"Also, the nice warrior woman left already, so who am I to not follow? Those trained hips are delicious"

Tacitus
2008-10-23, 04:10 AM
Irisv

The draconic man nods, "Aye, if we leave quietly under the cover of night it will be more difficult to locate us should they track our starting position from somehow finding our mysterious benefactor. Leave nothing behind."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-23, 06:01 AM
K'zak nods, glad that the strange man had gone, and that the adventure could begin. Moving out of the building, he fastens his traveling cloak and hefts his small pack.

Well, let us be gone then. The journey ahead of us is long.

Bring whatever forces you can, fortune. I will enjoy cutting them down.

SoD
2008-10-23, 07:03 AM
Tanyr

"Time for the off, or so it seems." Tanyr stands up, and breifly touches Jarks shoulder, smiling. "Jark, come."

Cheesegear
2008-10-23, 07:08 AM
Jark opened his mouth...And then shut it. Choosing not to say anything, lest it get him into trouble. It wasn't wise to disobey Tanyr, she was wychlaran, and, while Jark did have an idea of what she could do, he assumed - as all Rashemi do - that there is more to magic than what you can see.

...Tell me what to do...One day Tanyr...One day...

The shadow-ferret on Jark's shoulder seemed to shimmer as he stood up, morphing into a watchful crow.

stupnick
2008-10-23, 08:20 AM
Jarian

Standing up and leaving the room, just as everyone else has, Jarian heads towards the stables. Somewhat quiet, somewhat disillusioned, somewhat not quite all there.

Mike62
2008-10-23, 12:57 PM
Dalcar says nothing as she stands to leave, the only sound the rustling of her beads. Her face an unreadable mask, she swishes out of the room.

turbosloth
2008-10-23, 08:20 PM
As they leave the room, Unknown moves in next to K'zak and begins a conversation in orcish

"K'zak, was it? I thought I might share the first stage of our journey with you... perhaps you could tell me of this place we shall travel to, since the strange man with the parrot has shared that it is your birthplace? I would like to lessen my ignorance before we arrive."

Mike62
2008-10-23, 09:09 PM
Dalcar runs past the others, calling over her shoulder
I already have all my equipment with me, I will meet up with you all at the stables
and continues on her way

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-24, 04:18 AM
K'zak looks surprised for a moment, taken aback by the ease with which this Half-Orc associates himself with a Warlock. After a few moments he answers back in Orcish. He is considerably less reserved, talking with one of his own kind.

Spoken in Orcish

There is not much to tell outside of the generally known. It is a nation of Wizards, those that pursue arts beside that of Wizardry, particularly Sorcery, are looked down upon. Our kind are rarely welcome there, being so rarely predisposed to Spellcasting and more often predisposed to violence. A large amount of importance is placed on ritual, tradition and etiquette. Being polite is important if you wish to remain in a secure position. If we are entering Halruua by the mountains, we will most probably go by the River Halath, to the town we are heading to.

Regional Halruua is considerably less tolerant than other cities of Orcs, and even Half-Orcs will be looked upon with suspicion. In a town dedicated to Mystra perhaps we will fare better than we otherwise might, but broadcasting your race would remain inadvisable.

With that, he quickens his step, increasing his pace to a brisk walk.

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-25, 08:10 PM
Galen decides it is best to try to gather some information before he leaves, maybe he can find out about this organization. After a while spent asking around, he heads to the stables.

Guchalez
2008-10-28, 07:29 PM
Again sorry for the lateness

As Rashad enters the stables ,followed by K'zak and Unknown, he sees Dalcar holding Grindell's arm and standing very close to her. When they get close enough to listen they hear Grindell saying something about "the art". As soon as they enter Grindell notices them and removes her arm from Dalcar gently.
"I'll take the offer about fun tough, you seem like a fun kind of girl. But let's concentrate on the task at hand, for now" She turns to the newly arrived and says: "Let's depart as soon as possible, are all of you ready?"
A moment later Jarian arrives, then Tanyr followed by Jark. Minutes later Irisv gets to the stables with all his equipment.

"Almost everyone is here, where's the bowmaker?" Asks Grindell sounding anxious.

An hour passes and finally Galen Marek arrives to the stables. When he crosses the door, Grindell draws her sword and points it at him: "What were you doing?What took you so long?"

Mike62
2008-10-28, 09:40 PM
Dalcar stands beside Grindell, looking at Galen
Yes, what were you doing? We would all be interested to know

turbosloth
2008-10-28, 10:09 PM
"The man took an hour to get here. Annoying, but hardly enough to suggest we need to threaten him with arms" says Unknown calmly, gripping Grindell's sword wrist firmly and pushing her hand gently down. "If I understood the nature of that parchment we signed, then he can't have been betraying us, can he?"

Jumpy one, isn't she...

Turning to Galen, he continues "Nevertheless, I think we would all like to know: where on earth have you been?"

Tacitus
2008-10-28, 10:20 PM
Irisv

He glances about the stables and back towards the others, "We can interrogate on horseback. Let us be off."

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-29, 02:24 AM
As Galen walked into the stables the red-haired women drew her sword and pointed it at his throat.I'm sorry for being late, lower your weapon. I assumed everyone else would take there time, maybe finish some things. There was just something I needed to do. No one needs to know why, it doesn't really matter.

Since I rushed I didn't even found out anything, and now they're hounding me about being late. This is a pointless.

stupnick
2008-10-29, 10:03 AM
Jarian

Looking at the interigation scene forming in front of them, Jarian smiles at it. I do believe the problem lies, as we were all waiting for almost an hour. You show up after everyone else, and can't even tell us what you were doing. How do we know you aren't a spy or a traitor and did not just turn all of us in to who is looking for this.

If we leave the stables we could get attacked and slaughtered because of his hand in this. I say we change the plan now, dispatch of this traitor, and go in the opposite direction than they are expecting. It may take us extra time, but we aren't on a time restraint, and I would rather be a few months older, than a few feet underground.

Flashlight
2008-10-29, 10:14 AM
Rashad

Walking into the stables and catching the women so close together, he grins wickedly, but doesn't add a comment, enjoying his dirty thoughts.

Still smiling, he attaches his heavy rucksack to the saddle of the best-looking horse, relieved to get rid of the encumbrance, while the blue parrot steals some of the horse's food.

He then saddles his mount, passing time with riding around the stables, happily singing a tune...

"I'm a B - A - R - D, it's plain to see, all the girls now follow me. It doesn't matter if you're two or three..."

"So gang, are we going somewhere or not?"

he finally asks as the bowmaker arrives, oblivious of the conversation

Sorry I had to rewrite this a bit, I really butchered English on that one :smallbiggrin: Can I actually let my horse carry some of my stuff, since I'm a bit overloaded? Moreover, how much is the weight of the book?

SoD
2008-10-29, 05:33 PM
Tanyr

Tanyr looks at the unfolding scene with some mild amusement, casually leaning against the wall. "There's several different options we have. One, we leave him here. He's still bound by blood to the agreement, so that should stop him saying too much. Two, we bring him with us, and hope he's not a traitor. Three, we interrogate him. And by we, I mean myself and Jark. If you're not willing to take our word alone for if we get something out of him, one more of you may join us. The choice is in your own hands."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-29, 05:44 PM
K'zak glares at the assorted group, moving slightly towards the un-named Monk.

Typical. Immediately suspect the Half-Orc. He's bound to not speak of the book to anyone, and it would probably be of no use to him anyway.

I will not stand idly by while you persecute a group member without any proof. If he has betrayed us, he has chosen a very stupid way to go about it.

If I wanted to do so, I would simply give a prearranged signal as I left the tavern, rather than spend, what was it, an hour? Talking to my accomplices. I highly doubt anyone with such a degree of idiocy would still breathe.

We are wasting time. Let us be off, lest others wonder why we tarry here. Quell your bloodlust and see reason, lest you lose the right to see at all.

He flexes and unflexes his bare hand, waiting for any conflict that might occur.

Mike62
2008-10-29, 06:06 PM
I vote we move on as well, he knows we suspect him and will be watching him. Any move to betray us will be swiftly dealt with. However, I do agree that we should change our direction, thus if he has arranged an ambush, it will be for naught.
And if there will be any interrogation of him, I must insist that I be present as well. Im sorry Tanvyr, but I just met you half an hour ago, and I dont trust that quickly

Dalcar choses a horse and swings herself up on it, flashing quite a lot of leg as she does so. Once settled, she flashes another smile at Rashad and awaits the party's decision

Dumbledore lives
2008-10-29, 09:49 PM
Fine, watch me and that will just show everyone that I'm not doing anything. This will only prove my innocence. If everyone wants to change direction that's fine, though it will be a pointless delay, as would an interrogation. If you really must question me at least do it while we're on the road, that way we won't waste any time.

SoD
2008-10-30, 12:07 AM
Tanyr

Tanyr smiles and laughs softly. "There's a lot of mistrust here. That's smart. But we'll soon need to know who we can and can't trust." looking around, breifly, she hops on her horse. "So. What's our new course?"

Flashlight
2008-10-30, 02:34 AM
Rashad

Rashad listens to the others, petting his familiar at the same time, until the bird bites into his finger. He responds to Dalcar's smile with a wide grin. Clearing his throat loudly to silence any further conversation about the possible betrayer, he adressess Grindell:

"What is our next station, Delly? I can call you Delly, can I?"

Cheesegear
2008-10-30, 03:41 AM
Jark narrows his eyes at the group. Traitors die. Slowly. Jark thought calmly, as Tanyr gave the hint of an interrogation. Torture was something Jark was good at. He knew where the pain would hurt most. Only Shar knew how many self-inflicted scars Jark had criss-crossed on his body. Jark had felt pain before. His silver knife had drawn his own blood many times. For Jark practised the blood-magic. The witch-magic. The magic of blood and curses.

Well, Shar knew the scars. And Tanyr. Always Tanyr...It was almost humiliating those few times when Tanyr had seen him half-dressed. Exposed. One day, Jark would cause her pain. Not only pain, but the itching. The aggravating half-cuts. Shallow cuts barely on the surface of the skin. The kind that made your skin crawl...

Jark mounted his horse, as his ghostly crow launched itself into the air, and lazily circled the air above the party. However, it did seem to be staring at Galen.

Guchalez
2008-10-30, 08:21 AM
She puts the sword back in its scabbard and looks at K'zak:
K'zak, you might have a point, It would be nonsense if he sold us and took an hour, since he cannot share the information that was given to us, that's a narrow chance. He may have been giving farewell to his dead relatives or something, I had to ask and since he's not telling what he has been doing it seems weird. By the way, why do you say he's of your kin? You are no human, are you a bow-maker too? Do you have some kind of union or something?

You can call me however you want Rashad, but from now on I will answer only to the name of Grindell and pet names won't be taken lightly, I'm sure Dalcar would love to have a pet name for you, or from you.
Well, we'll enter Cormyr and pass around the ruined city of Tilverton, I have a job I had to do there, since this came up on such a short I had to delay it, but sincethe masked man told me that there would be no problem of me doing it if it didn't take us of the track, since it doesn't we'll make a small stop there and then we'll go on our way. We'll travel by the road to avoid suspicious looks.
Then she suddenly smiles at Galen like remembering something:
Who took the money the masked man left on the table? Did you split it? Maybe that's what you have been doing, Galen? Spending the money that was for the trip?
Then she climbs up on a random horse smiling while thinking about the road
Well we have waited long enough, let us be off.

Flashlight
2008-10-30, 09:56 AM
Rashad

"Alright, Grindell it is then."

He sticks out his tongue as she turns her back to him, then rides beside Dalcar.

"So, Dally, fancy to ride beside me?"

Rettu Skcollob
2008-10-30, 11:32 AM
K'zak relaxes as the potentially deadly tension falls from the room. He mounts slightly clumsily, unused to travel by horseback, but with patience, manages to get his horse under a decent degree of control. He is too absorbed in getting his tack correct to listen to anyone talking. He smiles slightly to see Rashad's relentless advances towards their guide, remembering similar exploits elsewhere.

That tongue of Rashad's is going to get him in trouble some day. Ah well. At least he isn't boring. We really must talk over what we have been up to since we parted, as soon as he can tear his gaze from our guide, and parts thereof.

stupnick
2008-10-30, 12:36 PM
Jarian

Looking almost frustrated at the situation that unfolded, Jarian shakes his head towards everyone. FINE! If we are going to let this traitor come with us to betray us more, then so be it. Let's get this going.

Jarian get's on the closest horse, and begins to head out of the stables.

Mike62
2008-10-30, 06:30 PM
Dalcar smiles winningly at Rashad
You know, Ive got an even better idea. That horse of yours looks pretty strong, and Im pretty light as it is. Why dont we tie both our packs on my horse, and then I could ride double with you? You'd have to put your arms around me to make sure I dont fall off, but you dont have a problem with that, would you?
Dalcar smiles a mischevious smile as she suggests this.

turbosloth
2008-10-30, 08:24 PM
As the conflict unfolds, Unknown glances sideways and notices K'zak's motions.
Interesting. At the thought of violence he steps instinctively closer to me, even though it is the man with the parrot that he knows. Combined with his comments before, I believe he has probably been assaulted in the past over his race. Perhaps I can trust him. Then again, perhaps not...

Unknown then swings himself into the saddle of his horse, clearly uncomfortable with having to ride I prefer my own two feet, but needs must when the devil drives I suppose...

"Very well, let us depart. If you wish to question the Bowyer further as we ride, then do so. However, I will be riding with him to make sure it is questions you ask, not evidence-less accusation you throw."

This last is said with a hard stare at Grindell, Tanyr, and Jarian

SoD
2008-10-31, 01:16 AM
Tanyr

Tanyr smiles sweetly at Unknown, but returns his stare. "Of course we'd be asking questions. I just prefur to be asking questions alone, or nearly so." Tanyr looks around at her companions, divided into groups by opinions. And already we start picking teams...

Shortly after the journey begins, Tanyr rides up to Jark and softly asks: "So, Jark. What think you of our new companions? First impressions?"

Guchalez
2008-10-31, 01:36 PM
Once everyone is ready Grindell opens the door of the stables and starts riding into the night, in a moment you leave the village of Shadowdale behind while most of the villagers were sleeping.
At dawn you reach to the end of the wood. Grindell says:
"We are now in Daggerdale, we'll continue the road through the forest until the Shadow Gap, but for now I'm tired, is it OK if we camp here? I'll take the second guard with whoever wants to make me some company, but the first guard is up to you, it's been a very long day to me."

Flashlight
2008-10-31, 04:29 PM
Sorry that I'm that late in posting, now I have to respond to Dalcar in the past form

When Dalcar made her propostition, Rashad only smiled and held out a hand to pull the woman onto his horse. Holding her tight slightly over her belly with one hand, and the reins in the other, they follow Grindell. The bard also called out to K'zak, but they didn't talk much, tired (and occupied, at least Rashad) as they were.

After arriving, the Half-Elf gently puts Dalcar down, winks to her and then walks up to K'zak.

"Wow, I just think Tymora smiles at me. I got a powerful book in my pack, a nice woman on my horse, and my best friend is with me, and we're on an adventure!

he announces, clapping his hands one time

"I hope you're well, too. We didn't see us for some time. What were you doing?"

Mike62
2008-10-31, 08:05 PM
Dalcar slips easily onto Rashad's horse, snuggling back into him
Now, this is more like it, the only way to travel.
She settles into Rashad, looking back at him every so often.

Cheesegear
2008-10-31, 09:03 PM
Jark drew his horse closer to Tanyr. And spoke in almost a whisper.
"I don't like this wychlaran. There's too many of us. Too many things to go wrong. The half-breed-" the words came out in a scowl, as he mentioned K'zak, the half-orc. "Consorts with darkness, almost willingly. The other half-breed can outsmart blood-magic. When we put blood on the parchment, it was our names. There was no name for him? Is he affected by the oath?"

He paused for a moment, to look around, to make sure no-one was looking. His ghost-crow almost invisible in the darkness flying overhead. "The bow-maker also has me worried. For obvious reasons. The spearwielder, Jaden? Jaren?" he thought hard. "Jarien. Follows the Thunderlord. I do not trust anybody of that ilk."

Once again, Jark's paranoia had the better of him, and he glanced around. Focusing on the two riding double, raising an eyebrow. "The bard and apparently his wychlaran, seem harmless enough. As does the cleric."

Jark looked at Tanyr, and reached out and lightly touched her on the shoulder. "You, I trust." It was times like these, when Tanyr apparently listened to Jark, that he felt like he didn't want to harm Tanyr - much. It was a strange, unknown feeling for Jark. He didn't like it.

turbosloth
2008-10-31, 10:53 PM
"I will happily take first watch." Says Unknown, stretching his legs and wincing as he climbs down off his horse. "I assume since there are ten of us we will watch in pairs? Who would like to take watch with me?"

Observing how we divide ourselves into watches should be interesting... who will hold to the divides we are forming? And who will try to break them down...

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-01, 04:47 AM
K'zak looks thoughtful for a moment, thinking of what watch would suit him best.

I'll take the last watch.

K'zak smiles as Rashad draws near to him, happy to finally have the chance to talk freely with the bard.

I see you are enjoying interacting with our companions?

I've been around. Doing much the same as usual. Learned a new trick since we last met. Watch this!

K'zak briskly moves towards a large scraggly tree a few feet away. It looks almost completely vertical, barkless and without a handhold to speak of. As he reaches the plant, he extends his ungloved hand outwards, flexing it quickly. With a blink of his eye and a flash of dark energy swirling about his mottled hand, K'zak breathes in deeply, and places both hands on the trunk.

With a slight jump, the Warlock moves up the sheer piece of vegetation almost as fast as a man would walk, scampering like a large, Half-Orc shaped spider. Grinning, K'zak skitters onto a thick branch, looking down at Rashad.

What do you think?

turbosloth
2008-11-01, 04:52 AM
Glancing at K'zak's showoff antics, Unknown laughes out loud in a good natured fashion.

"Very good, mage, but it would be more impressive if you did it without the magic. Each to their own, I guess" He says with a wink, then starts gathering firewood.

Flashlight
2008-11-01, 06:46 AM
Rashad

The bard seems impressed by the Warlocks ability and claps his hands several times, laughing:

"Can you do this only with trees, or also, let's say, climb a whole mountain? When we're done here, we could climb some really high ones"

With a gesture, he calls his blue familiar to his hand, and chuckles:

"I fear I don't have any tricks you don't know of, I mean, I already soiled the pants of somebody, and Grindell isn't sleeping yet"

Mike62
2008-11-01, 07:15 AM
I can take watch with anyone, I dont have a preference as of yet. It should be somebody that is better at melee than myself, I have no talents in that area.
I do have one problem with resting by day and riding by night, if we intend to continue on that pattern. In order to renew my bond with my goddess, I do my ritual prayers at night, midnight to be exact. And, when you see how I pray, you will understand why I cant pray from the back of a horse. I havent used a spell yet, but it will become important.
But for now, I can take the first watch, if someone wants to join me.

Dalcar slides off the back of Rashad's horse, grimacing just a bit. Once down, she stretches and flexes to work out the kinks, clearly not used to riding horseback. Even so, her dancers grace comes through.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-01, 08:08 AM
K'zak chuckles softly, slipping from his seat on the branch, and catching himself by placing his palms on the lower side, hanging in the air by only the palms of his hands.

Oh, I can climb anything now. I can stick to any surface you'd care to mention, even roofs, should I so choose. The spell lasts a complete day as well, which is useful.

I envy the more studious magic-users for their array of spell options, but pity them for their restricted duration and limited usage. Still, I suppose each to his own.

The warlock smiles, tilting his head slightly.

In any case; this is just one more step on the road. I can feel myself becoming more and powerful with every adventure. This is a parlour trick performed by an amateur, compared to the Dark Invocations.

As the Warlock is caught up in the fervour of his words, an unnatural reverberating quality appears in his voice.

Still, I suppose I should come down now. I shall need sleep for the coming adventure ahead.

With that, the Half-Orc scampers headfirst down the trunk of the large tree, slowing down at the base, to attempt to gently set himself down. As the only way to do so is to flip his feet over his head, and he is not too limber, he heavily falls the last foot onto the ground, planting his face into the earth.

Oh Bugge- Mph. Ow.

The Warlock untangles himself, spitting out earth.

Bleugh. Most unappetising.

K'zak laughs, taking the embarrassing fall in good humour.

I suppose I'm not as dexterous as I thought, eh Rashad? Next time I'll leave the tumbling to the more limber among us.

turbosloth
2008-11-01, 09:55 AM
In response to Dalcar's offer to take first watch, Unknown smiles warmly at her and inclines his head slightly. "Well since I have volunteered first watch already, I guess that puts us together. I certainly fulfill the qualification as a capabable melee combatant." Glancing around to make an assement of the area they have chosen to camp, he adds "I guess we could make the fire over there for everyone to camp around, and if we sit to our backs to either side of that tree there then we would have good line of sight to all aproaches to the camp.", Indicating each direction with a slight incline of his head as he speaks.

"I'm afraid it means we couldn't get as... close... as you and Rashad, but thats a sacrifice I'll have to live with" he adds, with a slight wink aside to the bard, obviously supposed to be 'hidden' but deliberatley openly visible to all.

Flashlight
2008-11-01, 10:13 AM
Rashad

Rashad can't supress a grin, both because of the nameless one's comment and K'zaks good humour.

"Hehe, nobody is perfect I guess. Nice to know that you spent your time for useful things, I had to undergo a most displeasing therapy because of a streak of bad luck lately, but that's a story for later. Could I ask you a for a small favor? You and Cool P know each other...

"K'zak cool! P knows K'zak!"

"Yes, quite well I think. Could you watch over him this night? I plan things that aren't for little parrots"

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-01, 10:35 AM
K'zak raises an eyebrow with a slight smile.

Indeed? Well, I suppose I could look after your parrot while you pursue more... engaging activities. Enjoy yourself.

He's so effortlessly capable of dealing with people. Particularly women. Lucky bastard.

Flashlight
2008-11-01, 05:37 PM
Rashad

Rashad pats his friend on the shoulder, then hands him the bird

"Don't feed him too many nuts, or he won't sleep at all. Let me know if I can do something for you. I'm off to sleep now, my buttocks ache with all that riding"

Laughing, he leaves, passing Dalcar.

SoD
2008-11-01, 07:01 PM
Tanyr

(Slightly earlier, conversation with Jark)
"I agree, mostly. The bard seems harmless enough, but his new 'friend' should be watched, I think. And clerics? Who knows what they might do, thinking it's what their god wants. Probably fairly trustworthy, but I wouldn't bet my life on it."

Once the party has stopped to rest, Tanyr lightly and carefully climbs off her horse, giving it a small pat once dismounted. Watching K'zak climbing around and, eventually, falling on his face, Tanyr openly laughs, but not unkindly, and grins to herself at Rashad and Unknown's little back and forth. "I'll take a watch with Rashad, later on."

Mike62
2008-11-01, 08:35 PM
I would welcome the chance to talk some more with you, find out as much as you wish to tell me about yourself. Or perhaps, how much you remember about yourself. We do, need to come up with some sort of name for you. You dont even remember that much?
As for your choice of where we should sit and build our fire, I will bow to your better knowledge of tactics.
Who will be taking second watch, so we know who to wake when our turn is up?

Finished with her questions for now, Dalcar settles into the watching spot that Unknown suggested for her. When he settles in as well, Dalcar will continue to talk to him to find out whatever else she can about him.

turbosloth
2008-11-01, 10:19 PM
As he settles in and the camp begins to settle toward sleep around them, Unknown answers Dalcar's questions.

"I do not remember my name. For all intents and purposes I am roughly seventy hours old. That is when I woke up in the gutters of Shadowdale with no memory of my name, my past, or this world. I have certain... instinctive skills, and I retain impersonal knowledge, such as that of speech, but I know nothing specific to myself and my past.

Flashlight
2008-11-02, 04:33 AM
Rashad

(from his bedroll)

"Ok Tanyr, we'll be third

He starts snoring then...

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-02, 05:51 AM
K'zak unrolls his bedroll on a mossy spot, directly under the shade of the nearest tree. He habitually slept in the deepest dark place he could find, as he felt uncomfortable most anywhere else. He places the small parrot on the edge of the roll, giving it a small tidbit to keep it content as he slept. His Robe was warm and comfortable due to its magical status and perfect fit, and sleep came easily to him.

Guchalez
2008-11-02, 10:22 AM
"If you were so unconfortable riding in horseback we could have taken the carts, they were already paid for." says Grindell with a sarastic grin to Dalcar.
After she takes off her armor he hangs a hammock from her backpack from two nearby trees. Then she covers herself with a fur blanket and says:
"If there will be five watches wake me up for the last one, if that's ok with you, K'zak."
If K'zak agrees she falls asleep shortly thereafter.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-02, 05:47 PM
K'zak, pulled back from the edge of sleep, mumbles his acquiescence to Grindell, before attempting to sink himself into sleep before his watch.

Cheesegear
2008-11-02, 05:48 PM
Jark unrolls his bedroll, with a bit of grunting. As the group is deciding who should take which watch, and with K'zak the Half-Breed making an idiot of himself, Jark grumbles "I will take second.".

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-02, 11:12 PM
Galen begins taking out his bedroll and lies down on it. He also lets his snake slowly unwind and it slithers out into the forest to hunt. I'll take the fourth watch, whoever's up then can wake me.

Mike62
2008-11-03, 05:19 PM
If there are no encounters on Dalcars first watch, she wakes the next group and
she finds Rashads bedroll and slides in with him
And if there are encounters, well, we play that out

Guchalez
2008-11-11, 08:32 PM
Almost at the end of the first watch a winget cat comes out of the woods, he stares at you for a moment and them flies back to the forest. A moment passes and then a hooded figure with a bow in his hand comes out of the wood followed by the same cat.
He takes of his hood and greets: "Good day travelers, I'm Fir of the Roads, a hunter. What brings you by this road?"

turbosloth
2008-11-11, 09:11 PM
Unknown stands up at the mans approach, and walks calmly toward him. "We are but simple travellers. If you have need of our assitance you are welcome to it, but if it is simple curiosity that brings you to us, then I am afraid our business is our own, and we would rather pursue it alone." he says, in a very neutral tone. He stands slightly out of arms reach of the man to say this, and while clearly non-agressive, is somewhat cautious, making sure to keep both the man and his unusual cat in sight.

Mike62
2008-11-11, 09:46 PM
Dalcar was moving towards the cart, hoping to get a tent that would cover herself and Rashad in the bedroll together. She stops at the appearance of the cat, and moves toward whoever is the closest sleeping figure. As the man enters the camp, she shakes whoever she has moved to, saying
Wake up, we have company
Said loud enough that others might wake up
And who might Fir of the Roads be?

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-12, 01:33 AM
K'zak mutters in Halruuan for a moment; before consenting to being woken by Dalcar.

Halruuan:

Mephistopheles bollocks. What time is it? It can't be my watch already.

Seeing the hooded figure by the camp, he quickly struggles to his feet, shedding his fatigue.

Who goes there? Friend or foe, I care not, so long as I can go back to sleep soon.

Guchalez
2008-11-12, 09:55 AM
I am Fir of the Road, just a humble hunter from this area that crossed your path. I am, if you allow me to be, a friend, since it's almost time for breakfast maybe we can share our food, I have some very nice rabbits from the forest that we may cook and share our names and stories. Gizlek here is my companion and friend, he's a tressym (http://www.addfan.com/image/races/tressym.gif).
The cat looks curiously at CoolP, with a playful look in it's eyes.

stupnick
2008-11-12, 12:22 PM
Waking up and hearing the conversation going on, the chosen one, rolls back over and closes his eyes. Trying to get some sleep while he can.

Flashlight
2008-11-12, 04:09 PM
Cool P

The parrow darts from K'zak's bedroll to Rashad's, waking him up by biting him gently into his ear. The bird seems somewhat scared by the winged cat.

Rashad

"Huh, oh, no, go away, I don't have any nuts..."

Rubbing his eyes, he rises from the bedroll, greeting the new guest and watching his strange companion.

"Oh, who are you?"

Cheesegear
2008-11-12, 04:34 PM
Jark groans. He hated this place. He hated these people. "Is it my watch already?" he asked wearily. Until he looked around and saw that everyone was already awake, and a strange man was in their camp.

Almost immediately after Jark sat bolt upright, his ghost-animal formed out of the nothingness. However, now it was a large panther, baring it's teeth. Jark grabbed his heavy sword from next to him.

SoD
2008-11-13, 01:09 AM
Tanyr

Opening her eyes, and seeing the current situation, Tanyr slowly sits up, and watches on, waiting to see what's going to happen.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-13, 02:10 AM
K'zak sits down on the ground, giving a short laugh.

"Ha, anyone willing to share their breakfast is a friend of mine, I say."

He smiles at the newcomer slightly.

turbosloth
2008-11-13, 07:18 AM
His attempts to get the stranger to leave quickly and quietly to whence he had come from, Unknown glances around the camp for everyones reactions.

The fools. They know nothing about this man, we are on a dangerous and secret mission, and they just accept him into their camp...

So saying, he moves rapidly toward Jark, and crouches down to whisper in his ear

"First sign of trouble, I'll subdue this 'Fir' for questioning. You watch my back. You seem to be the only one around here with more than half an ounce of sense right now. We need to get rid of him. Now. Without arousing his suspicions if possible."

Mike62
2008-11-13, 05:51 PM
Dalcar moves behind Rashad, moving slowly to make sure the man does not notice her moving, or at least not react to it. When she positions herself, she whispers in his ear
I do not trust him. We should be rid of him, quickly. The masked man told us not to trust or take on others. What if he works for those seeking the book? Plus, I dont want to share out our reward.

Guchalez
2008-11-13, 06:04 PM
Fir of the road is the name my half-elf friend, I'm just a hunter passing by that approached your group in search of nice stories to trade and a pleasant breakfast with fellow wanderers, maybe new friends, but if I am not welcome I will leave at once, I mean you no harm and certainly don't want to fight you so swords don't need to be drawn. If you don't want to share them maybe you'd like to buy my rabbits? They are quitte fresh.

turbosloth
2008-11-14, 04:48 AM
Unknown glaces at the mans words Well that certainly seems like a quick and easy way to get rid of him... best overpay him a bit, so he hurries off thinking only about getting a good deal, not about our motives

"Certainly, fresh meat sounds wonderful. I'll give you a gold piece for your rabbits."

He moves toward the man with a broad smile, offering the coin for the rabbit, but at the same time blocking the camp with his bulk, making it clear that the expectation is that the man will take the money and depart.

Flashlight
2008-11-14, 08:24 AM
Rashad

The bard gently pulls Dalcar closer to himself and whispers:

Be easy dear, he can't be dangerous, and even if, he's outnumbered. Also, the unnamed will keep him away
He softly blows in Dalcar's ear
"It's quite bright now, I think I'll fetch a tent..."

"Ahem, fresh meat, yummy!"

If nothing happens, Rashad will fetch a tent from the cart and set it up over his bedroll

Guchalez
2008-11-14, 10:02 AM
"OK then, have a nice travel!" He puts out a sack from his backpack and pulls out a rabbit puts it in his backpackand gives the sack to Unknown. "You can keep the sack".
With that he leaves your camp and goes back to the woods followed by his winged cat.
Inside the sack there are five fresh rabbits.

Mike62
2008-11-14, 05:55 PM
Dalcar waits until the man is well out of earshot, and then says
We can cook and eat the rabbits when you want, but just in case, I should probably use a purify food on them. We know nothing of who that was, and I dont like taking chances with food from strangers
She then smiles at Rashad as he goes to get the tent for them.

SoD
2008-11-15, 02:04 AM
Tanyr

"Well. That could've turned out worse. Time to eat, I take it?"

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-15, 02:37 AM
K'zak gives a short laugh.

Gods, the first stranger we come across and you act like he's some sort of demon. If he'd wanted to kill us, he could've easily taken at least one of us out while we were sleeping. To warn us of his approach would be illogical.

I suppose that he could have poisoned the rabbits, but there's no reason to be so paranoid.

Cheesegear
2008-11-15, 02:42 AM
Jark was stunned at how the entire party managed to trust somebody that just happened to be where they were...

"Or, he may have been scouting for another company? Perhaps? Maybe he was one of the bandits that we're supposed to protect ourselves against, and he could be back any minute. I don't this at all.

Jark sat down, and rested his large sword in his lap. And folded his arms.

Tacitus
2008-11-15, 02:54 AM
Irisv

As anyone might guess, the draconic man is still sleeping. You could scream in his ear and he'd remain asleep at this point, just because sleeping is awesome and not sleeping is for losers.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-15, 03:05 AM
K'zak raises an eyebrow.

Then, once again; why would he reveal himself to us? If I were a bandit scout who found a camp of mostly sleeping victims, I'd go back to my buddies and get all of them to attack at once. We would've been in real trouble then.

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-15, 05:38 AM
Galen had been listening to the conservation for a while, not quite asleep, but not quite awake. At the mention of rabbits he slowly rises.

Whoever this stranger is he was kind enough to give us some food and I'm starving.
Galen gets up and starts walking towards the rabbits
This one looks fine to me. I'll take half of this one, someone else can have the other half.

SoD
2008-11-15, 06:56 PM
Tanyr

"Well, what do we have other than the rabbits to eat? I'll stick to the safe side, and try not to get poisoned, I think. While, yes, they might be perfectly safe, on the other hand, they might be part of an attempt to weaken us, before the main attack."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-16, 03:37 AM
K'zak shrugs.

I've got some trail rations in my pack... If you're really willing to trade fresh meat for hard biscuit and a few pieces of dried fruit, be my guest.

Flashlight
2008-11-16, 04:43 AM
Rashad

The bard is busy setting up a tent over his bedroll while the others talk.

"Be easy everyone, he was just a hunter. We make ourselves suspicious if we act like a secretive group. Now let us finish our rest and ride on"

He vanishes in his tent

Mike62
2008-11-16, 10:37 AM
Dalcar gestures over the rabbits, muttering arcane words that you cannot catch (purify food, drink)
There, any poison that might have been in them has been neutralized. Let me know when the food is ready and we are ready to move on
With that, she disappears into the tent with Rashad.

turbosloth
2008-11-17, 11:32 PM
"The food is purified. No need to worry about it now. I agree there was probably nothing to worry about, but far better safe than sorry. I'm going to bed, but since there is a strong chance that the hunter was a scout for a bandit party, I would like to remind those on watch to keep a very close eye out."

So saying, Unknown unrolls his beroll and lays down, falling rapidly asleep after his long day.

Cheesegear
2008-11-17, 11:49 PM
They agree with me... Jark thought to himself, as he polished the heavy sword on his lap with a spare piece of cloth. Never trust a stranger...

Jark stood up and walked outside the firelight, there, he settled into the root system of a nearby tree. With his back resting against the tree-trunk, looking inwards to the fire. Hopefully, if anyone next tried to enter the camp unannounced, they'd miss Jark in the dark, and enter the firelight, right where Jark could see them. And run at them.

Jark was part of the second watch. He didn't like it. Jark would've preferred to have no fire at all. But, many of his companions were spellcasters. And, spellcasters were weak.

Guchalez
2008-11-18, 01:01 AM
Irisv took the second watch with Jark, nothing important happened during their watch or during Rashad's and Tanyr's watch.
At the end of the fourth watch, the one that was taken by Galen and Jarian, Jarian went out to strech his legs after waking Grindell and K'zak for their watch, a half hour passes and there's no sign of the Chosen of Talos.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-20, 05:38 AM
So; Unknown Jarian's missing, and it's K'zaks/Grindell's watch? What time is it? Like; late at night?

K'zak sat atop the tree he had climbed earlier during his watch, pressing his back against the trunk and keeping his hands on the branch below him to steady himself. His dark robes assisted in his blending in with the dim light, his eyes standing out in the flickering firelight, his iris' glowing crimson in the dim light.

Giving a sigh, he scrabbled to the ground quickly, nudging awake the closest person near the base of the tree, stepping back quickly just in case they thought he was an enemy.

You. One of us has gone missing; Jarian, I believe his name is. I think we should go look for him, in case he has gotten lost... Humans cannot see in the dark as my kind can.

turbosloth
2008-11-22, 03:30 AM
"Huh. Humans can't see in the dark? I assumed everyone could." Unknown says as he sits up and stretches the sleep out of his limbs. "Learn more about the world all the time, I guess."

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he glances around "Yours was the final watch anyway was it not? We may as well rouse the camp to look for him, they only would have gotten another hours sleep at the most regardless."

And if he has met with violence, as I suspect, best to go looking in force...

So saying, he begins to move around the camp, rousing each person and explaining briefly what has happened.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-22, 03:44 AM
K'zak nods silently. He enjoyed the quiet solitude that came with guard duty, and had hoped that whoever he woke would volunteer so he could enjoy another hours quiet introspection.

Mike62
2008-11-22, 08:01 AM
Dalcar rolls out of the sleeping bag she was sharing with Rashad. She scrambles out of the tent, pulling on her skirt and top, almost as an afterthought.
Someone is missing? Which one? And you heard nothing in his disappearance? Best we find him before he confesses about our mission
Dalcar straightens her equipment and makes ready to move out with the group.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-22, 08:19 AM
K'zak raises his eyebrows, acting perfectly calm to an attractive woman without several articles of clothing.

Jxyzqk?

I mean, er, yes.

He turns his back while she changes, beginning to search the surrounding area for the missing party member.

K'zak will begin to fan out and search, if no-one stops him.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

Tacitus
2008-11-22, 12:33 PM
Irisv

With a hissing grumble the creature awakens with a sleepy fog still settled over him. He is nearly fully rested and is truly not as tired as he lets on, "A distressing turn of events, no doubt. While you all search for our companion I will remain at camp. Wandering about where things could jump out and eat you is not appealing."

Guchalez
2008-11-22, 12:41 PM
Guys, are you aware is not morning? actually is more like noon, 14:30 to be exact. please edit your posts so it would fit in the time of day.

Flashlight
2008-11-22, 01:54 PM
Rashad

Rashad comes out of the tent after he spent time dressing up and combing his hair. Cool P instantly flies to his shoulder and softly bites into the bard's pointy ear.

"Somebody's gone? I guess he just takes a walk somewhere, but we better check it."

No trepidation can be heard in his voice.

He turns to Dalcar

"Amazing, this trip offers adventure at day and night"and winks

SoD
2008-11-22, 06:41 PM
Tanyr

After hearing what had happened to their companion, Tanyr frowns slightly. "This is...interesting. One gone missing...and so soon after we have a 'hunter' visitor. Are there any, oh I don't know, broken twigs, or crushed leaves or footprints or something? And, more importantly, did he have any magical items or effects on him?"

Cheesegear
2008-11-22, 06:48 PM
Jark frowns with Tanyr "I told you I didn't trust Talassans. I'd say he's probably run off to betray us...Blood Oath or not."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-22, 07:21 PM
K'zak returns, his search apparently fruitless.

"If he did, I am skilled in the detection of Magic due to my... Gifts. If you would like, I will scan the surrounding area for any magical auras."

turbosloth
2008-11-22, 09:53 PM
"That sounds like a good idea, but may I suggest we are less eager to go running off searching alone? If he has met with violence, we should remain vigilant. I would suggest we split into two parties, three at most, and search the surrounding area in force, with weapons ready. Always better to take precautions where they are not necessary than the inverse."

So saying, Unknown glances around the party "We should divide the group by capabilities, so each search party has, for example, a capable melee combatant, a healer, and so on and so forth"

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-23, 03:40 AM
As the one who has no name rouses Galen he slowly gets up and announces to the whole group.

Jarian just went for a walk, he should have been back before. As he was on my watch I'll take responsibility for him. You, Half-orc, you should come with me, as well as anyone else who wants to. We should have 4 per search party, 2 parties.

For the later search check
Search [roll0]
Listen [roll1]

turbosloth
2008-11-23, 04:20 AM
Unknown nods his aquiesence to Galen's request, and glances around to see which other two will join them.

Guchalez
2008-11-23, 05:23 AM
"I could follow Jarian's footprints, but let's check the surroundings first"
Grindell pulls out a spyglass from her backpack and starts checking the nearby areas.
"I think there will be no needto split up, there seems to be a small group of ogres coming this way, we may find ou what happened to the priest of Talos sooner than we think.
Should you all see the direction Grindell is looking you see three big figures heading to your camp. A spot check would reveal three ogres, two of them with clubs, one of them with a greatsword.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-23, 05:33 AM
K'zak looks in the direction Grindell is looking, then swears loudly.

"Asmodeus' bollocks!"

Turning about again, the Warlock sprints towards the tree muttering some blasphemous words under his breath to renew his magic. As he reaches the base of the tree, he once again skitters twenty feet up the sheer surface, seeking the branch he spent his watch on, thirty feet above the base of the thick trunk.

How far away are they exactly? If this (As is most probable) is a combat encounter, will we get a map anytime soon?

Mike62
2008-11-23, 07:55 PM
Dalcar carefully moves behind Rashad as she sees the ogres, her hand instinctively dropping to a small belt pouch, drawing forth a pinch of fine sand. In a whisper, she says
"still out of range, but closing fast, this should take care of one of the beasts"
Dalcar continues to watch the approach of the ogres, when they close half of the distance they are now, they will be in range of her first spell. She looks to the party to see what their actions will be.

turbosloth
2008-11-23, 09:16 PM
Unknown dosen't say a word, but steps forward next to Grindell, checks all his clothing is loose and combat ready, then cracks his shoulders, neck, and fingers before dropping into a combat-ready crouch, his eyes on the ogres, taking in their every movement. Without glancing away from the ogres, he speaks to the party behind him.

"Worth talking? I think not. They're already oncoming with weapons drawn."

Flashlight
2008-11-24, 11:26 AM
Rashad

The bard pulls his whip off the belt.

"Nice, everyone ready for a dance? Don't worry little lady"

He mutters some words, and some coins seem to swirl around his arm noisily, then disappear.

casting Improvisation. With lady, he refers to Dalcar

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-24, 02:00 PM
Galen Draws his short spear and steps a few steps back, preparing to throw it when the beasts get within range.

sorry it's short I've got exams to study for

Tacitus
2008-11-24, 02:40 PM
Irisv

The draconic man will draw his morningstar but do nothing else, appearing as though he is seriously not prepared for combat situations. He does, however, watch how others move and wield their implements of war with great interest.

Ignore what was here. >.>

SoD
2008-11-25, 12:48 AM
Tanyr

"Well, weather he's betrayed us or not, we'll probab- (Ogres mentioned) "Ogres? That could be...problematic, I, uh, Jark? I don't think we should attack them unless they obviously mean us harm."

They try to attack us, I cast Daze Monster on the greatsword one.

Cheesegear
2008-11-25, 01:20 AM
Jark draws his heavy sword, when the others mention ogres. However, upon Tanyr's advice, Jark merely waits. Shifting from foot-to-foot in anticipation of the fight...Or, perhaps in the hope of the fight. Nevertheless, Jark stood his ground with his sword drawn.

Guchalez
2008-11-26, 08:28 AM
Grindell draws her sword and shield and says: "Decide if we'll attack on sight or try to reason with them, I don't like the idea of half of us fighting while the other try to talk."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-26, 06:14 PM
K'zak scrabbles up the last ten feet to his branch, sitting against the trunk of the tree, using one of his hands to steady himself. Tensely, he waits for the ogre's to come in range of his magic.

"I say we fight - they are approaching with weapons drawn."

SoD
2008-11-26, 08:09 PM
Tanyr

"And they might be out hunting wild beasts. We start a fight when they're not hostile, we're taking a risk we don't need to take. Yes, we outnumber them, but we don't know how powerful they are. I say we prepare to attack, but don't make the first move. If they're willing to pass without a fight, we let them."

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-27, 12:16 AM
I say it's best to be prepared, have your weapons out but don't appear hostile, me might be able to talk to them. Galen slowly puts away his spear, now preparing for the possibility that these ogres are not as hostile as they appear.

They have no reason to fight with us, and charging across a plain is not exactly the best plan of attack.

turbosloth
2008-11-27, 03:02 AM
Unknown glances at Galen "Get your spear back out you fool. Just because we're not making the first move doesn't mean you should make yourself a sitting duck"

He then looks back toward the ogres and calls in a loud voice, first in common, then in orcish "Hail! We wish no violence here, but if you continue to advance with weapons drawn we shall take it as an act of hostility. If you do not wish to fight, sheathe your weapons or keep at your current distance. Otherwise we will be forced to attack"

He then waits for their response.

Tacitus
2008-11-27, 04:33 PM
Irisv

The draconic man alerts the others, but not so loud as for his words to carry far, "Be wary of the middle one. Its bluish skin and horns mark it as incredibly more powerful and a wielder of magic."

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-27, 04:34 PM
K'zak cursed under his breath.

A Caster! My vantage point is useless against ranged magics... I shall have to focus my efforts on him.

Guchalez
2008-11-27, 08:58 PM
The ogre-mage laughs at Unknown and tells the other ogres: "I told you there were more humans around, good idea was to follow the other one footprints" He looks at you with a grin in his face: "If you want no violence you can give us some of your people as slaves, we don't want to kill you, you're more whorty alive, so what if me make a deal, the women, the dragon and the dark skinned Half-elf, they should be valuable enough, you give us that and we will leave you alone, heck, we can even give you your friend's corpse"
Intimidate=[roll0]

Mike62
2008-11-27, 09:45 PM
Screw that
Dalcar begins to cast

Tacitus
2008-11-27, 09:54 PM
Irisv

The draconic man slips backwards even further, calling upon the grace of his Lady to fuel his convictions and empower his mind, body, and soul.

Conviction spell, +2 morale to saves to myself for 30 minutes
Move back up to a max of 40ft as a move action and behind a tree for cover if possible.

turbosloth
2008-11-27, 10:16 PM
Unknown steps ten feet forward, placing himself in front of the group as the most obvious target, then drops into a crouch and watches the oncoming ogres carefully.

Move action: Walk forward 10 Feet
Standard action: Total Defense
AC until next action: 24

so hopefully the one thats not being sleeped will charge me and airswing against that obscene AC, leaving him open for counterattack...

thats the theory, anyway

Cheesegear
2008-11-27, 10:55 PM
Jark, noticing that the Ogres are far too far away at the moment to do any real damage, moves in front of Tanyr, just in case they should have missile weapons. However, in Jark's mind, he was already engaging the ogres in hand-to-hand combat. And that's exactly what his ghostly companion looks like it's going to do, as it slowly morphs into the shape of a shadowy panther and sprints forward with bared teeth and an oddly soundless growl.

15 ft. diagonally forwards, map-left; Jark should now be two squares directly in front of Tanyr.
Total Defense = AC-22.

Dark Companion moves forward a full 30ft.

SoD
2008-11-28, 01:44 AM
Tanyr

Tanyr quietly curses under her breath, before muttering a few arcane words, preparing her spell. Now all it needs is the trigger.

When one of the ogres charges (moves), readied action to cast daze monster at it. "Huumata Epäsikiö!" DC 15 negates.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-11-28, 02:36 AM
K'zak laughs loudly, almost falling off of his branch with mirth. He considered giving over who the Ogres had asked for, but decided that the it'd be much more enjoyable to wring the price for threatening him from their hides.

"Not an icicles chance in Hell, ugly! Come over here and let's talk Violence!"

K'zak will ready an action to cast Sickening Blast on the first Ogre to come in range. That's a DC 16 Fort save to avoid being Sickened, and [roll0] Damage. Attack Roll: [roll1]

Flashlight
2008-11-28, 11:36 AM
Rashad

Rashad only laughs at the orge mages proposal, and with a fingersnip, CoolP begins to drum. He brings the bassdrum in, then the snare, and finally some other strange noises woven together into a beat

"Slaves? What a blatant proposal
We have swords and magic at our disposal
So let me introduce you to some of my friends
they are just too eager to cut you to shreds
overcoming my nose
is only your stench
so calling you walking dungheap
isn't far-fetched...

rapping bardsong

Dumbledore lives
2008-11-29, 04:28 AM
Galen slowly shifts his stance and prepares to unleash a might spell as soon as the foul beasts are in range.

Remember these dirty creatures killed our friend, we shall avenge him. Draw your swords and we shall fight, for our comrade.

Galen prepares to cast entangle this turn if the ogres get within twenty feet

Guchalez
2008-12-12, 01:54 AM
The Ogre Mage mutters some arcane words and dissapears in the air.
The other Ogres scream in rage and run in your direction.
As the ogres run Tanyr releases her spell, and so does Galen. The two ogre stay trapped in the green mass formed from the floor.
No sign from the Ogre Mage in the air.
Grindell screams "I have no range weapons, any ideas?"
[roll0] Reflex vs entangle, FAIL
[roll1] Reflex vs entangle, FAIL
[roll2] Will vs Daze, FAIL
now it's Jark's turn again

Tacitus
2008-12-12, 04:14 AM
Irisv

The draconic priest darts off to the west to ensure he is away from the rest of the group and hopefully out of sight or out of range by direct assault from the ogre mage. At the very least we shouldn't be the first available target anyhow.

Movement left on the map up to 40ft worth, once again trying to interpose trees between himself and where he last saw the ogre. Standard action for Full Defense.

SoD
2008-12-13, 01:19 AM
Tanyr

"Jark, protect me!" Tanyr shouts, before outstretching a finger towards the nearest ogre. "Ogre, I control you! Erottaa Maaginen!"

Casting detect magic. I'll start searching for that pesky ogre mage. Also, [roll0] to see if I can make that ogre think he's being mentally assaulted.

turbosloth
2008-12-13, 03:16 AM
"I also have no ranged weapons" Unknown comments over his shoulder to the party, much more calmly than Grindel. "I suggest me and Grindel move forward and take out those two ogres. Meanwhile the rest of you should concentrate to the best of your ability on taking out the mage." So saying, he moves up toward the ogres, stopping just outside the mass of plants and waiting for them to move through it to him.

Move action: move directly forward until i'm 1 square outside the entangled area
Standard action: total defense
Current AC: 24

Cheesegear
2008-12-13, 06:58 PM
Jark almost runs forward, except the words from Tanyr cause him to rethink his actions. Inwardly sighing, Jark stands between Tanyr and the ogres.

No move action; Total Defense.
Dark Companion another 30ft. forwards

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-14, 04:25 AM
K'zak waits from his vantage point in the tree, his eyes suddenly glowing with unearthly light, drawing on the power of his infernal blood to see the twisting essence of magic itself.

"I'll see if I can see him. This will take a little while."

Using Detect Magic. Should be able to detect the presence or absence of magical auras.

Dumbledore lives
2008-12-14, 06:16 AM
Galen draws his weapon and steps forward slowly.
They're weakened now, we can go in for the kill. Some of you others, help me up the front with the orc. And watch out for the invisible one.

Making noises to his animal companion Galen's snake advances forward with him.

Draw the scimitar and move forward 20 ft.

Flashlight
2008-12-14, 07:28 AM
Rashad

As the mage rises in the air, Rashad comments:

"Erm, flying dungheaps it is"

Dropping his whip to the ground, he pulls out the short bow and readies an arrow.

Readying an action to shoot, spending 3 improvisation points to make it at +9 (if I understood the spell right) if the mage casts a spell. Inspire courage lasts for 5 rounds

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Guchalez
2008-12-21, 03:31 PM
Confusion comes between the Ogre Barbarians thanks to Tanyr's quick thinking, warriors asume waiting positions, Dalcar casts Magic Missile.
Grindell walks next to Unknown and waits for th results.
When the Dazed Ogre hears Tanyr's words stops and starts thinking
(well something that is supposed to be thinking). The other ogre sees his confusion and attacks him for he is his enemy now, the first one responds to the attack, the fight beggins.

Rettu Skcollob
2008-12-22, 08:26 PM
K'zak laughs heartily at the Ogre's confusion, continuing to wait until one of the Ogre's got within range of his Magic, or the Mage revealed himself.

SoD
2008-12-23, 01:32 AM
Tanyr

Grinning at how well her plan worked, Tanyr draws her bow, taking a step back as she does so. Pulling out an arrow, she knocks her bow, and scans the skies for the mage.

Five foot step back from the ogres, drawing bow as I do so. Preparing an action to fire at the mage if I see it at any point. [roll0]

[roll1]
[roll2]
Well, it's worth a try, eh?

Tacitus
2009-01-08, 11:30 PM
Irisv

Draconic syllables spiced with celestial tones slide over the cleric's tongue and past sharp teeth.

"I cast a spell!" CLW, holding the charge

turbosloth
2009-01-09, 05:55 AM
Unknown continues to take full defensive actions at the edge of the entangled area until either the ogres come toward him or the mage shows itself

Dumbledore lives
2009-01-12, 05:34 AM
Galen charges forward another 20 feet, and looks around waiting for the mage to appear, or to get closer to the ogres.