PDA

View Full Version : Favoite OotS Quotes.

gamerboy6000
2008-10-13, 09:11 PM
My favorite is:
I'm a sexy shoeless god of war!-:belkar:

drengnikrafe
2008-10-13, 09:17 PM
I think I'll go by character. Keep in mind, I'm probably paraphrasing most of them, so they're not "quotes" as much as they're close renditions. Apologies.
:roy: I dream of the day when I will learn to stop asking questions to which I will regret learning the answer...
:belkar: So? That means I can beat him with both scrolls at once!
:haley: can you be quiet here? I'm making a forgery check!
:elan: I promise I won't accidentally lead you into a dark alley ambush of people we met earlier that day in a bar...
:vaarsuvius: No, none of us were altering the unimutable laws of physics. That would be wrong.
:durkon: THE TREES BE ATTACKIN'! RUN FER YER LIVES!

hermit666
2008-10-14, 05:51 AM
I GOT A 4

- 'Shhh! i missed my spot check'
- 'I don't see anything'
- 'Excatly'

Niley
2008-10-14, 08:07 AM
There's a lot of them, here's some.

:belkar: So he's doing it because he doesn't really know me at all, then.
:roy: Pretty much.
:belkar: Cool with me. Let's go massacre something.

--------------

:redcloak: Just out of curiosity, is that in the same way a human fighter with a broken sword could never defeat us?
:xykon: Hey look, I've just regenerated a finger. Guess which one.

--------------

:xykon: I think I just had an evilgasm.

--------------

:xykon: Hey - wait a second! I know who you are now!
:roy: Yeah, damn straight you know who I am.
:xykon: You're that guy! The one who kept getting pissed off at me for not remembering... something...
:roy: GODDAMN IT!

NicolayKhan
2008-10-14, 08:49 AM
:vaarsuvius: Thrice-cursed Spell Resistance! It's almost like the universe is trying to deliberately force some form of arbitrary equality between those of us who can reshape matter with our thoughts and those who cannot.

I registered here just to deliver this, (although I've been lurking for almost 3 years now).
Best. Line. Ever. (well, as far as webcomics' go :smallwink:)

Jan Mattys
2008-10-14, 08:49 AM
In this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0215.html)

:roy: So, I've met someone who is everything I thought I wanted, and I find that I really just want to kick her in the head

Priceless.

someonenonotyou
2008-10-14, 08:58 AM
:elan: IM INVISABLE!!!
and
It not whether you win or lose as long as you look cool doing it.

Taekwondodo
2008-10-14, 09:14 AM
:elan: Dun dun duuuuuunnnn!
of course!!:smallbiggrin:

littlechicory
2008-10-14, 09:27 AM
No Kazumi smilies yet?

Kazumi Kato: I'm a goddamn life-taking, baby-making MACHINE! ... Why should I care how many people I have to kill? I can just make more IN MY TUMMY!

Crowheart
2008-10-14, 10:32 AM
:durkon: Love is an epic level challenge.

By far my favorite line from the dwarf.

Leigh
2008-10-14, 10:35 AM
:xykon: Badass. *Puts on crown* Really badass.

Zerg Cookie
2008-10-14, 11:45 AM
:elan: No one ever won a war by dying for their country. They won by making the other guy die for his country.
:mitd: Wait, what gate?

Zherog
2008-10-14, 12:06 PM
Things I've actually said:

"I think I failed a <insert skill> check." Common ones are Spot and Search, though when I fell off a ladder while cleaning the gutters (only two rungs, so no damage), the first thing I said to my wife was, "I think I failed a Climb check."

"I think I just an evilgasm."

"Sacrificing minions -- is there any problem it can't solve?"

"Mommy, what's happening?" (strip 40)

"Your approval fills me with shame."

"I'm participating!"

"I am somewhat preoccupied telling the Laws of Physics to shut up and sit down."

Fraxinus
2008-10-14, 12:11 PM
Personally, I can't help but pick these:

:vaarsuvius: to the dragon : Vomit now, and aim for the halfling!

:vaarsuvius: after Qarr's incredibly successful summoning : And once again, Probability proves itself willing to sneak into a back alley and service Drama as would a copper-piece harlot.

Lord Shojo, mortally wounded by Miko : It appears... not everyone agrees with your... analysis.

Among the countless memorable quotes one could mention, I find the aforementioned particularly brilliant and tasty! :smallwink:

--------------

Post Scriptum: First post for me, so hello everyone! :smallsmile:

Yoyoyo
2008-10-14, 12:24 PM
Hardly alone in this one:

Welcome to the village of Lickmyorangeballshalfling. No, seriously, give 'em a good once-over.

Wikkin
2008-10-14, 12:25 PM
:roy: - I would say that was the dumbest thing I've heard all day, but as I have been talking to Elan all morning, it might not even crack the top 10.

FlawedParadigm
2008-10-14, 12:36 PM
:haley: "True. But the three of us are so staggeringly and consistently irresponsible that it's utterly unreasonable to expect us to have been paying any attention in the first place."

:belkar: "Damn straight."

:roy: "That...is actually a very valid point. You're right. My bad."

Setra
2008-10-14, 12:49 PM
No Kazumi smilies yet?

Kazumi Kato: I'm a goddamn life-taking, baby-making MACHINE! ... Why should I care how many people I have to kill? I can just make more IN MY TUMMY!

This is probably my favorite

kc0bbq
2008-10-14, 12:55 PM
The more I think about it, the more I love:

:belkar: Rock on, self buddy.

OITS
2008-10-14, 01:04 PM
Sit on me head, lad.

goodyarn
2008-10-14, 01:17 PM
:thog: Thog too pretty for jail.

:haley: (shoots arrow)
:mad: Oh gods! She shot me! You crazy bitch, I can't believe you shot me.
:yuk: She absolutely did not shoot you and I completely expected it.
:roy: Well, huh. I guess the red one tells the truth.

wotsnow
2008-10-14, 01:51 PM
:vaarsuvius: Have a cookie.

Heroic
2008-10-14, 01:56 PM
:thog: Thog too pretty for jail.

:haley: (shoots arrow)
:mad: Oh gods! She shot me! You crazy bitch, I can't believe you shot me.
:yuk: She absolutely did not shoot you and I completely expected it.
:roy: Well, huh. I guess the red one tells the truth.

Priceless :smallbiggrin:

Linkavitch
2008-10-14, 04:25 PM
Awesome. See quotes in sig. Also

:thog: Thog fear he will never know the majesty of the gumdrop mountains. . .
:mitd: Wait, what gate?

:miko: All right, we'll sleep on these pointy rocks, and we'll use lichen for pillows. ..
:roy: Or, we could go to that inn.
:miko: You want to give in to gluttony and slothfulness? (not sure on exact quote.)
:elan: One order of gluttony, and a side of sloth, please.

Kurald Galain
2008-10-14, 05:49 PM
:vaarsuvius: Apparently.

Beholder1995
2008-10-14, 05:53 PM
:xykon: "Hey, stupid hobgoblins! Your grand poobah needs a cleric!"

Always loved that one. :smallbiggrin:

Evaine
2008-10-14, 06:30 PM
:vaarsuvius: Give in to your anger, young Greenhilt. Strike him down and take your place by my side!

:haley: Well anyway, V says Elan has been running around naked, so I'm off to see what his 18 Charisma is worth "under the hood".

:belkar: "Surrender." Ha! How do they come up with this stuff?

:miko: The proper term is "smite evil", not "bump uglies".

:roy: Does a paladin ever remove the stick from their ass?
:miko: No. It's a class feature.

:sabine: Every day I pray to my dark fiendish overlords that he doesn't learn that we're out of sprinkles.

:roach: Show me on the doll where she touched you.

And of course...

:elan: I'm participating!

rayne_dragon
2008-10-14, 06:42 PM
From strip 473: "My parents were fishermen. When I was a little girl, I stood right here and learned how to clean the fish they had caught. I'm telling you this now so you know when I say that if you take one more step I will gut you like the Catch of The Day it is NOT hyperbole."

Those words have made her my favourite OotS character.

EndlessWrath
2008-10-14, 09:13 PM
Three things you ought to have considered before fighting me.

:xykon: Factor 1: I can fly under my own power due to the Overland flight spell I cast this morning.

:xykon: Factor 2: A zombie Dragon without a bite attack isn't especially valueable.. and..

:xykon: Factor 3: Meteor Swarm

:roy: You Can't blow up Miko!
:vaarsuvius:I believe you mean I shouldn't blow up Miko. I'm sure If I put my mind to the task that I can do exactly that.

Tre of the Wood
2008-10-14, 09:39 PM
:elan: "I'm on an adventure!"
:thog: "thog not in this book. thog sad."
:sabine: "Every night I pray to my evil overlords that he doesn't find out we're out of sprinkles."
:roy: "It would be a lot less ominous if he wasn't carrying a step-ladder."
:roach: "Help, I'm being oppressed!"
:xykon: "No, but it will have real kids."
:belkar: "Fortunently, its a multipurpose lead sheet. *TWANG!!!*"

Counterpower
2008-10-14, 09:53 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/estelindis/hinjo.gif "Nothing says 'Condolences on the death of your uncle' like a ninja death squad in the night."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a311/estelindis/hinjo.gif "You're obviously not familiar with one of our key class abilities: Summon Conscience."

O-Chul: "If you must throw those men to their undoing, do so and be quick. The act is on your hands, not mine. Were I free, I would kill you now and rescue them, but there is no way my words can save them."

Boaromir
2008-10-16, 11:03 PM
Everyone's gotta delurk at some point.

:thog:: Oh little ice cream friends! Thog delays boredom driven rampage only for you!

Illusionary :belkar:: Hey, that's a good point! Rock on, self buddy!

SoD/OoPC's Material:
Iron Mage Chairman: Allez shazam! Bang a gong, we are on!

Kraagor: Raging makes Kraagor a thirsty boy.

oracul
2008-10-17, 08:14 PM
:elan: Hi Haley. Look, I found all these free swords. They were in my spleen.
(Comic 6)

:elan: ANY HOPE AT ALL?!?!?
(Strip 556)

:elan: "Groggy" is a fun word to say. Groggy, groggy, groggy, groggy, groggy, groggy, groggy, groggy, groggy, grog- *WHUMP!*
(224)

:vaarsuvius: See? I told you it would remain a mystery.
(#44)

Huecuva :xykon: Well you got your contract killing in my hatred of all that's good and pure!
Huecuva :xykon: Bring it on, Little Boy Blue!
(453)

(Most quotes in the Orc Island arc and a few Oracle quotes)

subject42
2008-10-18, 10:02 PM
I think that my all time favorite has been this quote from Vaarsuvius. It seems to sum up quite a bit in a single sentence.

:vaarsuvius: Now if you don't mind, I am somewhat preoccupied telling the laws of physics to shut up and sit down.

Greep
2008-10-19, 02:05 AM
heh I don't know the exact quote but...

:elan: Blah blah blah blah blah....
Goth :haley: You're the one who's dating a guy who says blah 400 times in a row just because it's never been done before

Nibelung
2008-10-19, 11:53 AM
From SoD:

:xykon:You know what really gets under my skin? Proverbially, of course?
:xykon:A century of wizards looking down their damn noses at me.
:xykon:Energy Drain!
:xykon:I know people think i'm stupid. Because i'm not a wizard. Because i get bored easy. Because i have no interest in strategy or tactics or contingency planning.
:xykon:But see, i've learned a lot over the years since i died. A lot more than i learned during my life.
:xykon:And now i see that planning doesn't matter. Strategy doesn't matter.
:xykon:Only two things matter: Force, in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style.
:xykon:And in a pinch, style can slide.
:xykon:In any battle, there's always a level of force against which no tactics can succeed.
:xykon:For example, all i need to do is keep smacking you with Energy Drains, and soon you won't be able to cast any of yous fancy spells at all.
:xykon:Because yes, i am a sorcerer -- and this magic is in my bones, not cribbed off of "Magic for Dummies". And i can keep casting the same friggin' spell at you until you roll over and die.
:xykon:You can have your finely-crafted watch -- give me the sledgehammer to the face any day.
:xykon:ENERGY DRAIN!
*Dorukan die*
:xykon:Damn, that felt good.

Its a very long quote, but its THE best lines i ever read in oots.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-10-19, 12:00 PM
From SoD:

:xykon:You know what really gets under my skin? Proverbially, of course?
:xykon:A century of wizards looking down their damn noses at me.
:xykon:I know people think i'm stupid. Because i'm not a wizard. Because i get bored easy. Because i have no interest in strategy or tactics or contingency planning.
:xykon:But see, i've learned a lot over the years since i died. A lot more than i learned during my life.
:xykon:And now i see that planning doesn't matter. Strategy doesn't matter.
:xykon:Only two things matter: Force, in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style.
:xykon:And in a pinch, style can slide.
:xykon:In any battle, there's always a level of force against which no tactics can succeed.
:xykon:For example, all i need to do is keep smacking you with Energy Drains, and soon you won't be able to cast any of yous fancy spells at all.
:xykon:Because yes, i am a sorcerer -- and this magic is in my bones, not cribbed off of "Magic for Dummies". And i can keep casting the same friggin' spell at you until you roll over and die.
:xykon:You can have your finely-crafted watch -- give me the sledgehammer to the face any day.
:xykon:ENERGY DRAIN!
*Dorukan die*
:xykon:Damn, that felt good.

Its a very long quote, but its THE best lines i ever read in oots.

Yes, Xykon was phenomenal in the SoD book. I particularly enjoy the verbal beatdown he subjected RC to at the end.

Lord_Ventnor
2008-10-20, 03:39 PM
Milk Dudes: Promise me... that you'll... *cough* ... you'll dispose of my body in the waste receptacles... conveniently located by the theater exits...

Soda: NOOOOOOOO!

------------------

:thog:: But Thog just finished step 3: Fill giant wooden alpaca with potato salad!

texascarl
2008-10-20, 04:47 PM
:belkar: I have an idea. It begins with 'S ' and ends with, 'litting their throats'."

:elan: He's dead too, so you guys have that in common.

[TS] Shadow
2008-10-20, 08:58 PM
:belkar: Sorry Roy, I just don't trust you enough to believe that you lied.

:mitd: It's fun, AND educational!

:elan: Bluff, bluff, bluff, bluff the stupid ogre!

:vaarsuvius: For the humble doily is indeed the gateway to ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER!!

Yarly
2008-10-21, 02:30 PM
:belkar: That belkar. As stubborn as he is stone cold sexy

:thog: Not nale. not-nale. thog help nail not-nale. not nale. And thog knot not-nale while nale nail not-nale. nale not not-nale, now nail not-nale by leaving not-nale, not nale in jail.

:elan: Not-nale nailed Nale and nails! Boo ya!

Eorran
2008-10-21, 02:44 PM
:nale: *sigh* Yes, the new plan will still involve rocket skates.
:thog: Yay!

Julio Scoundrel: Well as an older mentor figure, the most likely scenario is I'd return only to be randomly cut down by an enemy of yours, so you can swear revenge while cradling my dying body, so don't take it personally when I say I sincerely hope we never meet again.

Belkar's conscience: The angel... doesn't work here anymore.
"He's a halfling, he's supposed to be jolly... Why isn't he jolly? WHY ISN'T HE JOLLY?"

save da chicken
2008-10-21, 03:08 PM
(218)
:haley: I wonder what the Craft Dc of a gag is?
:elan: Sorry Haley, I can't hear you I'm intentionally failing my Listen check
Old man blah blah blah

Moak
2008-10-21, 03:36 PM
:elan: "At least I could give you a totally kickass headstone"

:roy: Anything I want,you say?
:sabine:Anything
***CRASH***
:roy: Hey,you were right. That DID feel better than before. Nice piercings,though.

(0550)
:mitd:F.Y.I.? They were not.

Scarlet Knight
2008-10-29, 01:57 PM
:belkar:“Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!"

:sabine:“Oh, sorry, I kinda got distracted after you said the word ‘3 way’.”

:roy:“Glaive, Glaive, Glaive- Guisarme, Glaive”?

:elan:“Unless they kill us, then animate our corpses as zombies to fight for them. Then I suppose they’ve taken our lives and our freedom.”

RMS Oceanic
2008-10-29, 02:00 PM
From Start of Darkness:
:xykon::Hey, you know what gets under my skin? Proverbially, of course? A century of Wizards looking down their damn noses at me - Energy Drain!

I know people think I'm stupid. Because I'm not a wizard. Because I get bored easily. Because I have no interest in strategy or tactics or contingency planning - Energy Drain!

But see, I've learned a lot over the years since I died. A lot more than I learned during my life. And now I see that planning doesn't matter. Strategy doesn't matter. Only two things matter: Force in as great a concentration as you can manage, and style. And in a pinch, style can slide - Energy Drain!

In any battle, there's always a level of force against which no tactics can succeed. For instance, all I need to do is keep smacking you with Energy Drains, and soon you won't be able to cast any of your fancy spells at all - Energy Drain!

Because yes, I am a sorcerer - and this magic is in my bones, not cribbed off of "Magic for Dummies". And I can keep casting the same friggin' spell at you until you roll over and die. You can have your finely-crafted watch - give me the sledgehammer to the face any day.

ENERGY DRAIN!

Damn, that felt good.

Niley
2008-10-29, 02:40 PM
:mitd: Are you sure I can't just eat one of the short ones? I'm so hungry!
:xykon: Tell you what, we'll stop at the first village we see and get you a Kid's Meal.
:mitd: Ooooh! Will it have a toy surprise?
:xykon: No, but it will have real kids.
:roach: Tasty!

Linkavitch
2008-10-29, 02:45 PM
:roy: You realize that even if you could sell me a weapon, now, I would probably kill you with it.
:shopkeeper: Yes, there is that irony.

TerrickTerran
2008-10-29, 05:59 PM
:nale: You know, the first two I probably should have seen coming. The leprechaun costume? Not so much.

snes1313
2011-03-15, 12:26 PM
:kazumi: I'm a goddamn baby-making, life-taking MACHINE! Why should I care how many people I have to kill? I can just make MORE in my TUMMY!

Kal Ironfresh
2011-03-15, 02:56 PM
I'm surprised. No one yet has done

:vaarsuvius: "I should avoid casting any spells tonight, if only to give to give the laws of physics time to cry alone in a corner."

G-Man Graves
2011-03-15, 03:02 PM
:nale: "Very well, but I'm reasonably certain I already killed you once today. I would hate for things to get repetitive."

Phishfood
2011-03-16, 07:39 AM
Lets see...

:vaarsuvius: Evan's spiked tentacles of forced intrusion!

(from the moment I read that I loved oots)

:thog:awwww, but thog just completed step 3 - filling giant wooden alpaca with potato salad.

:haley:I said...SNEAK ATTACK! Bitch!

A 20lb tub of strawberry frosting is NOT a table scrap!

:elan:don't be a sword loser!
(I don't even know why, but I keep using it in conversation)

How did you plan to pay for the drink?
:elan: 30' per round movement rate.

MesiDoomstalker
2011-03-16, 08:14 AM
:roy: Your approval fills me with shame.

(From the newest strip as of this posting
:elan: I can't tell if the cat is a good influence on Belkar, or if Belkar is a bad influence on the cat.
:haley: Both, I think, but it probably averages somewhere south of Neutral

:xykon: WHO JUST STOLE MY KILLS!?

:elan: I ROLLED A 9! BECAUSE THE BOOTS ADD A +5!

Bozzok: Damn it!! How do the good guys keep DOING that????
:belkar: Trade secret.

Cedrik: Call me old fashioned, but an evil ascension to power just isn't the same without someone chanting faux Latin in the background.

Bleak Ink
2011-03-16, 10:04 AM
One of my favorite lines of all time comes from Start of Darkness:

:redcloak: "DIE, you public-service announcing bastard!"

Messenger
2011-03-17, 06:46 AM
:xykon:: I used to think spells equaled power, too, back when I was alive. I've learned a lot since then. You know what does equal power? Power. Power equals power. Crazy, huh? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0657.html) (Actually, I love the entire lecture Xykon gives.)

:durkon:: Dinnae discount the victories ye have jus' cause ye dinnae plan fer 'em. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0667.html)

:vaarsuvius:: Thank you. For what you tried to do back there. I have not always been the most considerate master. Or teammate. Or mate, for that matter. I appreciate the fact that, when the fate of the world potentially rested upon our actions, you were able to look past my previous mistreatment of you. As I have recently begun to learn, the fact that you did not succeed does not diminish the nobility of your effort. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0672.html)

Phishfood
2011-03-17, 07:03 AM
Pickle Death Attack!

Vargtass
2011-03-17, 07:23 AM
From Origin of PCs:

:roy: Did I stutter?

Best ever!

kpenguin
2011-03-17, 01:00 PM
The Modguin: Please don't practice thread necromancy and posts in threads that are over six weeks, much less a couple years, old. Locked.