PDA

View Full Version : Re: [4e] Therinn Adventures: Group 2

Awesomologist
2008-10-14, 12:18 AM
The southern town of Fenderin is busy with merchants and travelers, but you have each managed to find a room at the Frosty Hare Inn. You've each arrived over the course of the evening, which at the Frosty Hare can quickly turn into a night of drinking and dancing with other merchants, travelers, and towns folk. Or perhaps you sat alone and watched the festivities, as a few choose to do here. Either way at some point you've made your way to bed, your head buzzing with conversations had and overheard during the evening.

Fenderin has only recently started bustling with activity. Since Therinnholm's call for adventurer's and merchants, Fenderin and Goldwatch Keep have become important; it's the first main town in Therinn between Therinnholm and kingdom of Morden to the south. The Feyhollow Forest to the east and the Hammered Mountains to the west funnel all traffic north and south through Fenderin. While most merchants and travelers merely stop the day in Fenderin to restock, the needs of a growing town have it's people calling for help as well. The garrison at Goldwatch is busy with patrols on the Gold Road heading north towards Hammerfell and Therinnholm. A watch post marks the true boarder a little further south. Since the guards are spread so thin, kobolds and goblins have been picking away at the surrounding farms, the mining towns west, and lightly guarded merchant caravans along the roads. Recently the owner of the Frosty Hare, a dwarf named Krum Morgrund, has decided to start a sort of adventurer's guild. There he sets out the various posted needs by merchants, land owners, and even official jobs for the town of Fenderin and Goldwatch Keep.

The next day the common room has been been rearranged, eliminating the small stage where a 3 halfling musicians and a half-elven woman sang and danced for most of the evening. Now there were more rows of tables. Most have been cleared, most of the early risers having left, as have most of the caravans by now. A few drunks lay passed out in the far corner, but otherwise only the staff is about.

Krum Morgrund pops into the room from the kitchen, a swift stride for a middle-aged dwarf, carrying some bread and cheese in his hand and on his beard, milk in the other hand. He walks over to a large board were several postings had been place and begins taking down a few and crossing out others. He then makes his way to the bar where he props himself up on a stool and eats his food while looking over the papers.

Feel free to introduce yourselves to one another if your characters don't already know each other or feel free to speak with Krum.

Jokes
2008-10-14, 01:23 AM
Gorl

Entering the room, Gorl stretches his arms and yawns. "Morning Krum." Wearing only pants, his torso is uncovered, showing a myriad of bruises dotting his body, the freshest seeming to be the one covering his eye. "At least I had the courtesy to take that one outside." On his back is a tattoo of an eagle, wings spread across each shoulder. He nods over at the drunks in the corner. "Need some help with them?"

Awesomologist
2008-10-14, 08:20 AM
Krum gives a hearty laugh at the sight of the barbarian, "HA! Gorl if I'm not mistaken? Thank you for the help last night. Usually my boys can handle such problems, but the help is appreciated. What do you have planned today?"

Mando Knight
2008-10-14, 09:52 AM
Senerio

enters the room, dressed for travel in his cloak and armor. He waits calmly and quietly for Krum to finish talking to Gorl.

Jokes
2008-10-14, 10:01 AM
Gorl

Gorl stretches again and heads over to the notice board. "Not really sure. Something as fun as last night, maybe."

Awesomologist
2008-10-14, 10:56 AM
Krum looks up as Senerio enters the room from the upstairs and nods at the marked man. Returning to Gorl, Krum takes another bite of his bread and looks down at his postings.
"Most of the ones on board have been taken, some outright cancelled. Most folks don't stay in Fenderin too long, what will all the real money to be made in Therinnholm. Of course they've got it all wrong, they should have let the towns make their own calls... Bah I'm blathering on. Listen I've got a couple of small jobs here that came to me late Gorl. They aren't much but enough that you'll need some help by the looks of it. I don't like sending anyone out of town alone. Find yourself a group and let me know."

Jokes
2008-10-14, 11:30 AM
Gorl

"Group... group..." he regards the drunks in the corner for a moment, then chuckles. He spots Senerio and raises an eyebrow at the mage, then turns back to the drunks. "Guess you lot will have to do, come on wake up, we got adventurin to do."

Awesomologist
2008-10-14, 12:29 PM
The drunks struggle and fight to keep sleeping but Gorl manages to wake them. Realizing they're still at the Frosty Hare they move past Gorl and stumble out the door of the inn, mumbling and grumbling about being late and that the caravan most likely left.
Krum lets out another loud laugh, "I though I was going to have to douse those two and get them going. They should be able to catch up to their caravan, but i don't pity them..." Krum's words fade off as he returns to his bread and cheese.

Mando Knight
2008-10-14, 03:05 PM
Senerio sizes up Krum's contented munching.
"So, I suppose I'll have to get my own breakfast, then?"

Awesomologist
2008-10-14, 03:29 PM
Senerio sizes up Krum's contented munching.
"So, I suppose I'll have to get my own breakfast, then?"

"Now don't worry yourself lad," Krum says and he motions to one of the servers to attend to Senerio.
Krum looks the human over as he is served his breakfast, "You're one of the others that arrived last night... Hmmm I don't suppose you're looking for work as well?"

LemonAndLime
2008-10-14, 04:21 PM
Terp

There is the loud thud-thud-thud of hurried footsteps as someone runs down the stairs. The sound stops as the person comes to a halt, yet nobody enters the room. After a few moments of quiet, a head of tousled black hair and two eyes cautiously appear round the corner at halfling-height. These quickly retreat, but after just a moment more, Terp walks in. His hair is an absolute mess, and his clothes are not much better. A crossbow is just barely hanging on to his belt, while pockets and pouches of all sorts bulge and rattle as he moves. His appearance as a whole seems to suggest he may have just got out of bed and dashed downstairs, dressing on the way; sleek, he is not.

He looks both rather embarassed and faintly nervous as he takes in the people in the room, and bobs his head with a grin. "Oh! Still people around. Even so late." , he says, speaking in short bursts almost as though short of breath, although he does not appear to be. "Good morning."

Awesomologist
2008-10-14, 05:19 PM
Terp

There is the loud thud-thud-thud of hurried footsteps as someone runs down the stairs. The sound stops as the person comes to a halt, yet nobody enters the room. After a few moments of quiet, a head of tousled black hair and two eyes cautiously appear round the corner at halfling-height. These quickly retreat, but after just a moment more, Terp walks in. His hair is an absolute mess, and his clothes are not much better. a crossbow is just barely hanging on to his belt, while pockets and pouches of all sorts bulge and rattle as he moves. His appearance as a whole seems to suggest he may have just got out of bed and dashed downstairs, dressing on the way; sleek, he is not.

He looks both rather embarassed and faintly nervous as he takes in the people in the room, and bobs his head with a grin. "Oh! Still people around. Even so late." , he says, speaking in short bursts almost as though short of breath, although he does not appear to be. "Good morning."

Krum chortles at the sight of the halfling. "If you're looking for food grab a seat with the human there. Teryn will be by shortly to serve you."
A moment later a dwarven woman comes through the kitchen bearing food for Senerio. Seeing the halfling, she takes his order before heading back to the kitchen, humming a tune from the night before.

Shhhh!
2008-10-14, 05:56 PM
Zerin, Half-Elf Warlock
There is a quiet stepping noise, coming from the stairs, followed shortly by a tall, skinny figure wearing a fine black robe, with the hood raised up to conceal his eyes. He stalks near silently to the nearest available seat, keeping his head down.after finding a place to wait for breakfast, he draws down his hood, revealing a head covered in tattoos, which seem to shift patterns every few seconds. He stares intensely across the room at the large human, before standing slowly, stepping over to him. He taps the man on the shoulder to gain his attention, before raising one sleeved arm to waist height. With an expert flip, he raises the sleeve to above his wrist, and says with a growing smile, and in exuberant tones
Hey there! I'm Zerin, Zerin Danel. I suppose you're looking for a few strong men to help you out with one of the fine, fine jobs you can take at this wonderful establishment!? Well, if you need it, I can rip a persons soul out from their various orifices, or send shards of poison made solid into their body! Did I mention I can rip people's souls out through their nose? Cause I can, and I really could use the work.
He says this all in a smiling, glorious tone, his face never flickering to reveal anything but immense happiness.

LemonAndLime
2008-10-14, 07:23 PM
"If you're looking for food grab a seat with the human there. Teryn will be by shortly to serve you."

"Oh, thank you. Thank you." Terp pulls himself up into a seat, smiling and nodding a little at Senerio. Although still seeming a little...frazzled, he slowly seems to relax.

At least until Zerin makes his entrance.

Hey there! I'm Zerin, Zerin Danel. I suppose you're looking for a few strong men to help you out with one of the fine, fine jobs you can take at this wonderful establishment!? Well, if you need it, I can rip a persons soul out from their various orifices, or send shards of poison made solid into their body! Did I mention I can rip people's souls out through their nose? Cause I can, and I really could use the work.

Terp's eyes, already curious at the sight of the tattoos, seem to practically pop out as Zerin's little speech continues. With a slight choking sound, he pushes himself down into his chair, shrivelling up and shrinking down below the level of the table.

Jokes
2008-10-14, 08:30 PM
Gorl

Gorl smiles widely at the warlock. "Really, what's that like?" He looks over at Krum, and raises an eyebrow. "You attract all sorts." He sits down at the table and looks over at the group. "Well then, what's the job?"

Tyracus
2008-10-14, 09:07 PM
Adonel

"Rather distasteful business, pulling souls out from noses that is. The shards of poison is somewhat more tasteful though. The noise comes from a man who would have been lurking in the shadow of the common room's chimney if the flames coming off his body hadn't made such a task impossible. He stands and moves closer to the others as he focuses on Zerin.

I always preferred the more practical applications of arcane energy. All I need is a blade and my knowledge to be dangerous. With that he throws the blade out away from himself before teleporting it back into his hand. Adonel Terenta, Swordmage. Always looking for a chance at adventure and a bit of arcane lore.

Shhhh!
2008-10-14, 09:30 PM
Zerin Danel
As Gorl asks his question, the Half-Elf looks skyward, seeking words to explain the feeling.
Oh!, Oh! I got it! It's a lot like pulling a drainplug from a full sink! It's hard at first, but soon enough- POP!- And out it comes!
He then returns to his seat, and faces the Genasi, and says in the tone of one seeking approval
Well....I don't have to use the nose, but that's about the only part that leaves a clean soul. Well, cleaner.
And with a final question of the Bartender
Would you have a glass of wine, and some kind of meat that I could get? It would be nice. Although, I'd have to wait to pay you until after the job...

Awesomologist
2008-10-14, 10:44 PM
Teryn, the serving girl, comes back from the kitchen with more food for the table. Noticing a few more have joined she takes their orders and heads back to kitchen.

Zerin Danel
And with a final question of the Bartender
Would you have a glass of wine, and some kind of meat that I could get? It would be nice. Although, I'd have to wait to pay you until after the job...

Krum looks up from the bar and makes his way to the table. With a bundle of papers rolled up in his fist, he points the roll at Zerin, "You'll eat what you can pay for lad. I don't run this place on credit. How do I know you'll be returnin'?"

Teryn comes running into the common room followed by a halfling wearing leather armor. Krum turns away from Zerin and moves quickly towards the halfling. The clasp arms briefly before heading back towards the kitchen speaking in low whispers.

LemonAndLime
2008-10-15, 08:01 AM
Terp

Terp's eyes and head have been darting around, eyeing the door, Zerin, and the distance between the two. Eventually, however, he takes in the other people in the room, and slowly comes to a decision. Sitting up straight, he darts a very half-hearted smile at Zerin, and tries to speak up. "Ze-Zerin, you said? I- I suppose if you're looking for a j-job, then you're not here on b-b-business? Already?" He smiles another sickly smile, tinged with desperate hope.

Shhhh!
2008-10-15, 01:28 PM
Zerin Danel
Zerin's mouth opens into a wide, beaming grin.
Well....Don't tell anyone, but, you see, There was a rash of B&Es in a town down in the south, you follow? And I stopped by there for the night, to get in some rest...Anyway, it turns out a Halfling had been stealing from the people there. And, you know how it is, you need work, so, they put out a contract, DoA on him. And I managed to track him here, so I figure, he's probably going to try and hook up with a party, and get all out of dodge, right? So I'm laying in wait, until I find him, and I'm going to join up with his party, Follow him out in the wilderness...And then what happens next is up to him.
The shadows that already seem to cling to Zerin deepen, And he traces a spiral of shadow in the air with his hand throughout the tale. Only moments after spinning it, he bursts into laughter, before breaking down and explaining
Oh, you don't need to worry about me. The worst, Absolute worst that could happen is that I send your soul to suffer with the DARKNESS for an eternity, and I try to avoid doing that to people that aren't actively trying to get me killed. So, you can calm down now, I won't eat you.

Awesomologist
2008-10-16, 08:56 AM
After a few minutes Krum comes back in from the kitchen. He looks around the common room before heading over to the table where the five strangers are seated and having their breakfast.

"Gentlemen! A very important package needs to be taken south immediately. Looks like sender couldn't get to the caravan in time and it already left some hours ago. If you leave now you should be able to catch the caravan a little after midday, if not then certainly before nightfall.
"Normally I'd just need one person to do this, preferably on horse back, but horses are scarce these days, and with the rising kobold attacks on the south road I wouldn't want to send anyone alone. I know you've only just met but this is an urgent request. It would give you all a chance to know one another as I wouldn't think you would run into any troubles. Besides the job pays very well, five hundred gold well. They really want this package delivered.
"Let me know as quick as you can, otherwise I'll need to find another group before the package is taken to that tiefling Silzner..." Krum grumbles out the last part about Silzner. We waits patiently as you all decide wether or not to go.

Mando Knight
2008-10-16, 12:24 PM
"Five hundred a piece, or five hundred total?" Senerio, having finished his breakfast, now looks at the host with a piercing gaze.

"And why should we be able to catch the caravan before nightfall? What is slowing their progress?"

Awesomologist
2008-10-16, 12:50 PM
"Five hundred a piece, or five hundred total?" Senerio, having finished his breakfast, now looks at the host with a piercing gaze.

"And why should we be able to catch the caravan before nightfall? What is slowing their progress?"

Krum looks over at the human, "Five hundred total, or about a hundred for each of you. As for the caravan traveling slowly, most don't move much faster than a march so close to Fenderin. Many also pace themselves so they can spend the night camped by the watch post before traveling into Morden."

Shhhh!
2008-10-16, 01:01 PM
Zerin Danel
Zerin laughs quietly.
See? You worry too much. Lets get hurrying, that way we can hit an inn and rest overnight, before coming back.

LemonAndLime
2008-10-16, 07:12 PM
Terp

"One hundred each?" Terp perks up. He darts cautious, hurt looks at Zerin, but then nods. "I would gladly do that. I suppose we should hurry?"

Tyracus
2008-10-16, 07:36 PM
Adonel

Hmm... Kobolds, the great outdoors, and good money for an easy job, sounds perfect. I'm always looking for a good challenge and those reptilian ankle biters can be surprisingly cunning. Well I'd imagine leaving soon would be wise, keeping up a good pace will make this very quick and maybe a little too easy.

Mando Knight
2008-10-16, 09:57 PM
"So, I suppose that settles it. We'll leave as soon as everyone gets their equipment ready." Senerio starts to turn to go retrieve the rest of his equipment, then stops and turns to Krum.

"One thing. I'd like to see the five hundred before we leave."

Jokes
2008-10-16, 10:00 PM
Gorl

"Let me get my things and we can get going." He shoves a piece of bread in his mouth and hurries upstairs, returning fully armoured and carrying a wicked looking blade.

Awesomologist
2008-10-16, 10:05 PM
Senerio starts to turn to go retrieve the rest of his equipment, then stops and turns to Krum.

"One thing. I'd like to see the five hundred before we leave."

Krum crosses his arms in front of his chest and laughs at Senerio, "Well boy you won't be leaving then will you? I don't pay in advance, especially not to people I don't know."

Mando Knight
2008-10-16, 10:19 PM
"I just want to see that you have the money... I won't take it in advance. I'm not going to leave on a job and then return to find out I'm not going to get paid."

Awesomologist
2008-10-16, 10:30 PM
"I just want to see that you have the money... I won't take it in advance. I'm not going to leave on a job and then return to find out I'm not going to get paid."

"One thing you'll come to learn about me son is that I always pay. Thats because I make sure the clients pay. Krum Morgrund is a name that can be trusted in Fenderin, how do you think I've been able to get this business going? I don't need any enemies that like to wield blades and hurl fire at me."

Mando Knight
2008-10-16, 10:54 PM
Senerio mulls it over for a second, as if determining whether Krum's words should be taken at face value. "... fine."

He turns, leaves, and quickly returns with a bag of supplies.

LemonAndLime
2008-10-17, 06:32 AM
"Krum has a good reputation. It was a story of him and his work that brought me here. I would not worry about our payment." Terp nods towards Senerio, and then smiles briefly at Krum.

He continues to check over his equipment, fastened on through various belts and buckles before standing up straight with a rattle. "I'm as ready as I can be. Shall we?"

Awesomologist
2008-10-17, 12:38 PM
With the newly formed party gathered and ready to go Krum gives a final piece of instruction. The caravan you're looking to catch up with is run by a halfling merchant named Binwiggs and you are only to deliver the package to him. The package is a wooden box about one square foot, weighs about 20lbs, and is nailed shut with a sealed letter pinned to the top. Krum hands the box to Gorl and repeats the instructions for what seems to be the third time.

The town of Fenderin is bustling with activity on this overcast spring day. There's a chill breeze, perhaps winter's last warning that it will return, blowing over the plains south of Fenderin. Although a few farms dot the land south of the town, they are few compared to the lands north and west. The road is hard packed with grey earth and rocks. Folks in Fenderin claim the lands south of the town are still recovering from a blight centuries past. Grass, some trees, and wild plants still grow in this rocky soil, and signs of spring are all around as flower buds are showing. You can almost see the plants shake off the winter and turn green.

The road south isn't very busy as most caravans leave early in the morning. By mid afternoon no sign can be seen of Binwiggs or his caravan. The road at this point cuts through a small wooded section. Suddenly from the side of a road a man steps out from behind a tree. His leather armor is cut up and he appears to have wrapped a makeshift bandage around his head. A broken crossbow bolt juts out from his left leg causing him to stumble and limp as he moves towards the party.
"Help me! Please by the gods, help me!" he collapses on the ground but continues to crawl forward.

Tyracus
2008-10-17, 05:00 PM
Adonel

Moving forward past the fallen man Adonel readies his blade and prepares to face whatever he seems to be running from.

And here I thought things were going to be dull. I'll leave it to someone who's better at tending to wounds to take care of the man. I am rather interested in his story.

Shhhh!
2008-10-17, 09:28 PM
Zerin Danel
Zerin moves over to the fallen man, kneeling beside him.
Hey, What happened here? I can't really, you know, heal you or anything, But Maybe we can get whatever did this to you...
He says this is a quiet, relatively somber tone, although his voice, as always, bears an undercurrent of bubbling happiness.

LemonAndLime
2008-10-18, 04:37 AM
Terp

Terp dashes forward, weaving around those standing ahead. "Stop moving! Try not to move!" He stops with a hand on the man's shoulder, and then kneels, unpacking several small pouches before casting an eye over the man critically.

"I'll get the bolt out. Stay strong." So saying, Terp takes a firm grip on the bolt and gets ready to yank it out, before cleaning up and bandaging the wound.

[roll0]

I also realised I wanted to roleplay him as having a ton of small little nicknacks. Both herbs and suchlike for healing purposes, and little bits and pieces of gadgetry elsewhen. Though I don't see it as being anything other than flavour, if you'd like me to spend a bit of gold on it, I'd be fine with that.

Awesomologist
2008-10-18, 11:19 PM
The man cries out in pain as the halfling pulls out the crude barbed arrow and applies the stinging salve.
"Kobolds... Attacked our caravan... There were so many! And so close to Fenderin! We had our guard down, but we were only two wagons. We're meeting up with a larger caravan at the Watch post before heading across the Morden Plains! We're not supposed to be attacked by kobolds!"
"ARGH!!!," he yells, pulling away from Terp before looking down at his visibly better leg. "Thank you... I'm sorry for pulling away... The underbrush has really grown up ahead. They must have been able to sneak up to road. We killed a few but they quickly out numbered the eight of us... I ran... I don't know how I got away from them..."

I'm fine with Terp having a few non-ritual components, maybe even picking a few of the more common types with a nature check, even if you're untrained.

Mando Knight
2008-10-19, 08:26 PM
Senerio looks at the man, then checks the sky. "We shouldn't leave him here. He's part of the caravan, and he probably won't get anywhere before nightfall without help." He then addresses the man. "Do you think you can keep up? Gorl here might be able to carry you if you can't..."

Tyracus
2008-10-19, 09:58 PM
Adonel

Hmm... It seems as if I was right that this job could get interesting. I'd like to hurry but leaving him behind alone wouldn't be wise and neither would splitting our strength right before entering battle. Anyways there's much at stake, I think haste would be our best option. After finishing Adonel moves closer to the brush the man emerged from and waits for the others to follow.

Jokes
2008-10-19, 10:00 PM
Gorl

Gorl smiles at the little man. "I can carry you, you can carry box."

Awesomologist
2008-10-21, 10:14 PM
The nervous guard seems able enough to limp along with some help from Gorl thanks to Terp's healing. He had hoped to return to Fenderin, but without knowing if the kobolds were till about he figured it would be safer to be in numbers.
The guard leads you down the road about a mile further to where the caravan had been attacked.
"It should be just around this bend," the guard say. Sure enough around some trees you can see a ransacked wagon and what appears to be a dead body lying next to it. Gorl sees from beneath the wagon directly ahead of him eight pairs of kobold feet and to the south side he catches the sound of two more kobolds as they walk their way around a boulder by the side of the road.
They don't appear to have taken notice of Gorl...

Encounter Map! (Sorry about the size, let me know if it's too big)
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncountersetup.jpg

Map Key
Brown Squares - Road (Normal Movement)
Light Green Squares - Grass (Normal Movement)
Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
Green Octagon - Trees (Provide Cover, -2 to Hit)
Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
Black Circles - Dead bodies (Normal Movement)
Black Circle with X - Guard (With the PC's)
Red Rectangles - Wagons (10 feet high, DC 12 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)

Round 1 Initiative:
Gorl - 1 Standard Action from surprise

Standard Order
Senerio
Terp
Gorl
Adonel
Kobolds
Zerin

Jokes
2008-10-21, 10:38 PM
Gorl
HP 29/29 AC 16 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12

Spotting the kobolds, Gorl runs toward them at full speed.

Run to M6. Since I'm above the kobolds in init, I won't end up granting them combat advantage? If he's still carrying the box, I guess he drops it.

Awesomologist
2008-10-21, 11:05 PM
The sound of Gorl running forward alerts the kobolds and they call out in warning. At the end of Gorl's initial run he notices other kobolds....

Encounter Map - Round 1A
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound1a.jpg

8 Brown Circle Kobolds are wearing dirty hide armor and carry javelins and light wooden shields.
2 Tan Circle Kobolds are wearing dirty hide armor and carry a spear.
1 Red Circle Kobold wears scale armor and carries a white heavy dragon scale shield and a short sword.
1 Blue Circle Kobold is wearing leather armor and has a sling in hand and a dagger at its hip.

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
1 Kobold (Red Circle)
1 Kobold (Blue Circle)
Gorl
Adonel
8 Kobold (Brown Circle)
2 Kobold (Tan Circle)
Zerin

EDIT: Fixed lettering for coordinates

Mando Knight
2008-10-21, 11:51 PM
Senerio sees Gorl dash ahead... and shouts out "Gorl! Wait up! What are you doing?" while going after him (moving 3 right, 3 right/up, stopping at H4)

(HP: 30, AC: 17, Ref: 16, Will: 14, Fort: 12)

He sees the kobolds, and quickly makes his attack at the one at R9.

Magic Missile, Int v. Reflex
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] Force

LemonAndLime
2008-10-22, 08:45 AM
Terp
HP: 26/26
AC:13 F:13 R:13 W:12

Letting out a little gasp as Gorl rushes forward, and then again as Senerio also rushes ahead of the larger members, Terp decides to follow in their wake. The display back at the inn likely left several of his companions what the little halfling could contribute, so he was going to have to demonstrate if he was to get a fair share of the end price.
Dashing forward, he whips up his crossbow in his right hand, loading it as he moves, and then drops to a knee next to Senerio. Muttering under his breath, he gestures with his left hand at the same moment as pulling the trigger and then almost topples over backwards as the crossbow bolt flies forward.

Move: Along the forest edge and up to I5.
Free Actions: Draw and load hand crossbow.
Standard Action: Aggravating Force on Q9
Damage: [roll1] force damage. And until end of my next turn, the next attack against the target by my allies gains +2 to attack.

Awesomologist
2008-10-22, 05:40 PM
Senerio's magic missile flies and hits it's target. The little kobold falls back dead on the ground. Before the others could react, Terp's crossbow bolt skewers another kobold through the head and it too topples over dead.

The white shield bearing kobold moves forward and positions himself between the two wagons and begins barking orders.
Draconic: You three move there. You go kill him!
The sling bearing kobold follows behind the shield bearer and loads his sling. Once in position he lets his shot fly... and misses Gorl wide.

Encounter Map Updated
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound1b.jpg

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
1 Kobold (Red Circle)
1 Kobold (Blue Circle)
Gorl *
Adonel
6 Kobold (Brown Circle)
2 Kobold (Tan Circle)
Zerin

Jokes
2008-10-22, 06:23 PM
Gorl

HP 29/29 AC 16 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12

Gorl continues running, not even stopping to draw his weapon.

Regular move (not run) to Q6, then charge the kobold at U5 (so Gorl is at T6)

[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] + [roll2]

Tyracus
2008-10-22, 06:33 PM
Adonel

(HP 29/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Following Gorl's reckless charge Adonel moves swiftly to close off one of the escape routes of the band of kobolds Gorl faces, removing one hand from his blade as he does so to better focus his warding.

Double move to Q3, using my longsword 1 handed for the greater warding boost.

Awesomologist
2008-10-23, 12:35 AM
Gorl's charge is swift. The barbarian's low charge catches the kobold beneath his chin and snaps it's neck killing it instantly. The shielded kobold orders the other kobolds to surround Gorl and strike.
Three ragtag kobolds surround the barbarian. Two are too weak to pierce Gorl's chainmail but a third kobold was able to slink behind the barbarian and catch him unaware. (4 damage) Seeing their opportunity arise, the two kobolds bearing spears move into attack. One misses, but in dodging the little dragonkin's spear the barbarian moves into the path of the other spear weilding kobold who is able to jab his spear deep into Gorl's side. (11 damage)
Adonel's move doesn't go unnoticed and two kobolds quickly move to surround and attack him. One kobold manages to strike past the swordmage's arcane shield and pierces Adonel in the leg. (4 damage)

Encounter Map
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound1c.jpg

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
1 Kobold (Red Circle)
1 Kobold (Blue Circle)
Gorl
Adonel
5 Kobold (Brown Circle)
2 Kobold (Tan Circle)
Zerin *

Awesomologist
2008-10-24, 08:10 PM
Since I haven't seen Shhhh! and no response to my PM I'm going to go ahead and post for Zerin.
Zerin moves to J6 and casts Spiteful Glamour at the Kobold in S7.

[roll0] vs. Will
1d12+4 (Psychic)

((OOC: Next up Senerio))

Awesomologist
2008-10-24, 08:13 PM
[roll0] (Psychic)

Mando Knight
2008-10-25, 08:30 PM
Gah! It's my initiative! ...sorry...

Senerio
HP: 30/30
AC: 17, Ref: 16, Fort: 12, Will: 14

Senerio moves from H4 to M7 to attack kobold at W8 with Force Orb. (plus Dexterity from Wand of Accuracy encounter bonus)

Attack: [roll0] v. Reflex
Damage: [roll1] force damage

Secondary attack: vs. kobold at X8, only if attack at W8 hit
Attack: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Awesomologist
2008-10-26, 01:47 AM
Zerin's attack hits his mark, engulfing the kobold in shadows and killing the creature instantly
Senerio's Force Orb blasts into the Kobold Dragonshield. The slinger behind took enough of the attack to render the creature bloodied.
Seeing the barbarian in need of aid, Terp moves forward and uses an artifice to heal Gorl. He then unleashes a force of thunder around Gorl which kills one of the weaker kobolds. (Gorl can spend a Healing Surge +5HP from Terp and gains +1 AC until the end of Terp's next turn.)
The shield bearing kobold wastes no time in exacting his revenge and charges at the wizard. The blast of force however has stunned the kobold's muscles enough however and the kobold misses with his blade.
The slinger moves around the southern wagon and lets loose another shot at the wizard as well but misses wide.

Encounter Map Round 2
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound2a.jpg

Map Key
Green Squares - Brush/Wild Growth (Difficult Terrain, Cost 2, Provides Concealment)
Grey Bundles - Boulders (Cost 4 movement to climb and DC 10 Athletics Check, Provides Cover and Concealment)
Red Rectangles - Wagons (10 feet high, DC 12 Athletics Check to Climb, Provide Superior Cover, Small Creatures can duck underneath with no movement penalty)

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
1 Kobold Dragonshield(Red Circle)
1 Kobold Slinger (Blue Circle) Bloodied
Gorl *
Adonel
3 Kobold Minion (Brown Circle)
2 Kobold Skirmisher (Tan Circle)
Zerin

Jokes
2008-10-26, 02:41 AM
Gorl
Gorl (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=85953), Human Barbarian
Init +2 HP 26/29 Bloodied 14 Healing Surge 7 (1 used /10)
AC 17 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12 Speed 5

Breathing in the curing powder, Gorl feels his strength renewed, regaining his focus. He looks around at the kobolds still surrounding him. He smiles as he draws his khopesh, and in a flash swings it against all three.

Move: draw Khopesh, weild two handed
Standard: Great Cleave, vs AC
[roll0]
[roll1] edit: had to crit against the minion, at least I can use rampage :smallbiggrin:
[roll2]
[roll3]

Jokes
2008-10-26, 02:52 AM
Gorl

As he spins, he feels the blade slice something that seemed rather vital. Impressed with himself, he spins full circle, bringing his sword back onto the the first kobold.

Rampage as a free action, melee basic
[roll0] vs AC edit: shame that's gonna be a miss :smallfrown:
[roll1]

Tyracus
2008-10-26, 01:35 PM
Adonel

(HP 25/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Smirking as he looks around Adonel spins his blade over head bringing it down in a wide arc sending a wave of force in it's wake. After knocking the two kobolds away from himself Adonel moves quickly towards the Kobold in front of Senario, expanding a burst of arcane energy as he does so to try to draw the raider's attention.

Using Sword burst.

1st Attack [roll0]
2nd Attack [roll1]

Damage [roll2]

Moving 4 squares to O7 and using my Aegis of Assault to mark the dragonshield.

Awesomologist
2008-10-26, 02:10 PM
Gorl's cleave swipes through the three kobolds around him, his axe chopping off the top of the weaker kobold's head. Two skirmishers each take a fierce blow but are still standing. The barbarian's second swing however misses.
Adonel's attack kills both of the kobolds outright.
The one of the skirmisher's moves to flank the barbarian and attacks in combination with the other kobold. (Two hits for 15 Damage)

Encounter Map Round 2
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound2b.jpg

Map Key

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
1 Kobold Slinger (Blue Circle) Bloodied
Gorl
Adonel
Zerin

Awesomologist
2008-10-28, 06:46 PM
Zerin moves to P4 and fires an eldritch blast at the bloodied slinger. The dark power engulfs the little kobold killing it instantly.

Encounter Map Round 3
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound3a.jpg

Map Key

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
Gorl
Adonel
Zerin

Mando Knight
2008-10-28, 07:19 PM
Senerio looks straight at the dragonshield and smirks. "Heads I win, tails you lose."

He raises his wand, and the air turns cold. A icy bolt flies from its tip, striking the Dragonshield in the chest. Whether it can resist the burst of frosty death is another matter.

Attack [roll0] v. Fortitude
Damage [roll1] cold damage, target is slowed until the end of my next turn.

He then turns and walks away to I4.

EDIT: Oh, COME ON! Blasted low rolls! I wish I could use my own dice...

Awesomologist
2008-10-28, 08:49 PM
The kobold laughs at the human, "HA! Silly human think he tough!" and strikes at the wizard. The little kobold hits and he moves with the Senerio, pursuing the wizard.
(Opportunity Attack hits for 5 Damage. Kobold shifts to M6)

LemonAndLime
2008-10-29, 04:04 AM
Terp
AC:15 F:13 R:13 W:12

Raising both arms above his head, Terp takes a short step forward and focusses a blast of energy around Gorl.

Move: To P6
Standard: Thundering Armour on Gorl, he gains +1 AC till my next turn
Secondary attack on S7 Kobold
Attack: [roll0] vs Fort.
Damage: [roll1]

Awesomologist
2008-10-29, 05:33 PM
The Kobold Dragonshield pursues the wizard and strikes Senerio again. (5 Damage)
The kobold lets out a victory cry but stops suddenly as sudden crack brings Adonel suddenly behind him. The swordmage drives his longsword deep into the kobold's belly. (I went ahead and rolled the Aegis of Assault attack and rolled a critical. Adonel gets an Action Point and deal 11 damage to the Dragon shield.)

Encounter Map Round 3
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound3b.jpg

Map Key

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
1 Kobold Dragonshield(Red Circle) Bloodied
Gorl
Adonel
Zerin

Jokes
2008-10-30, 06:53 AM
Gorl

Suddenly feeling between two hard places, Gorl leaps over the head of one kobold, and on landing swings his axe around.

Standard: Pressing Strike, shift 2 squares to R8
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] and push 1 square to T6.

And keep in mind my swiftcharge power if I drop him.

Tyracus
2008-10-30, 05:41 PM
Adonel

(HP: 25/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Having used his powers to move into an advantageous position Adonel draws upon his powers to sheathe his blade in green flame and brings it down upon the Kobold.

Greenflame Blade.

To Hit [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Awesomologist
2008-10-30, 07:14 PM
Gorl's attack hits the skirmisher, weakening it significantly. Adonel's attack almost slips it's way through the kobold's defenses but it is able to bring his shield around to deflect the attack.
Having been moved and severely injured, the kobold skirmisher Gorl just laid into runs away! The other skirmisher remains brave and moves up to attack the barbarian, poking the barbarian in the ribs with the tip of his spear. (5 Damage)
Zerin stays put and unleashes an eldritch blast at the skirmisher in front of Gorl but misses the nimble target.

Encounter Map Round 4
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound4a.jpg

Map Key

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
Gorl
Adonel
2 Kobold Skirmisher (Tan Circles) Bloodied one running away!
Zerin

Mando Knight
2008-10-30, 08:47 PM
By my count, that'll bring it back to me...

Senerio: 20/30 HP
AC 17, Ref 16, Fort 12, Will 14

Senerio will fire his Thunderwave at the blasted kobold at H5. (It's a Close Blast, so no AoO)

Thunderwave at the 3x3 square covering H5 and J7.
Attack: [roll0] vs. Fort
Damage: [roll1] thunder damage, all hit are pushed 1 space backwards. (If the kobold is hit, he'll move to H6)

I think it's a standard Dragonshield, so it'll take the full damage and is hurled to H6. Senerio will then move 2 left, then 3 diagonally down/left to end up at D7.

LemonAndLime
2008-10-31, 04:29 AM
Terp
AC:15 F:13 R:13 W:12

Seeing the big human bleeding from a number of wounds, Terp pulls out a small vial and throws it to smash at Gorl's feet, releasing a cloud of healing dusts.

"Don't let him get others!", Terp shouts as he hops to get a clearer shot, and winds back his crossbow with a fresh bolt.

Move: To Q5
Standard: Aggravating Force against fleeing kobold.
Minor: Restorative Formula on Gorl. He gains healing surge + [roll2] hp

OOC: It'd be really handy for me too if you'd post your hp and suchlike Gorl. I nearly didn't heal you this turn, but then skimmed the thread and realised you'd actually taken quite a lot of hurt!

Awesomologist
2008-10-31, 04:52 PM
Senerio's attack nearly kills the dragonshield, but somehow the kobold is able to stay on his feet.
Terp's energized bolt rips a hole through the fleeing kobold's shoulder, causing it to stumble a little before regaining it's footing as it still runs away.
The Kobold Dragonshield gathers his senses and swipes at Adonel slicing the swordmage across the legs. (4 Damage) The kobold then shifts back before turning to run towards Gorl.

Encounter Map Round 4
http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq141/awesomologist/CaravanEncounterRound4b.jpg

Map Key

Initiative
Senerio
Terp
Gorl
Adonel
2 Kobold Skirmisher (Tan Circles) Bloodied one running away!
Zerin

Jokes
2008-10-31, 07:46 PM
Gorl
Gorl (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=85953), Human Barbarian
Init +2 HP 16/29 Bloodied 14 Healing Surge 7 (2 used /10)
AC 17 Fort 17 Reflex 13 Will 12 Speed 5

Gorl slides past the kobold and stands between it and Terp, swinging his blade at the kobold.

Did I get an action point before, for critting the kobold with Great Cleave? If so, I'd like to use it if this attack hits.

Pressing Strike: Shift 2 squares to R6
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] and pushed one square back to T8.

Let's see if this hits.

Jokes
2008-10-31, 07:59 PM
Gorl

As the kobold is pushed back, Gorl takes a step back, then charges at the kobold.

Move back to q6
*Action Point*
Charge, using Howling Strike, to s7
[roll0] vs AC
[roll1] + [roll2]

and if this kills, swiftcharging.

Jokes
2008-10-31, 08:13 PM
And another post...

Gorl

As the kobold drops, Gorl sets his sights on the fleeing kobold, charging after it.

I get 2 temp HP for dropping it, I forgot about that earlier.

Swiftcharge, using howling strike, to X11
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

Tyracus
2008-11-02, 08:06 PM
Adonel

(HP: 21/29, AC 19, Fort 13, Ref 14, Will 13)

Cursing as the blade rakes across his legs Adonel hurries to attempt to catch up with the kobold. As he reaches his foe he calls upon reserves deep inside him to sheathe his blade in lighting and bring it down on his foe sending another bolt arching over Gorl's shoulder to the kobold by him.

Moving to O7 and using Lightning Clash with an action point.

Primary:

Secondary (kobold at S7)
Attack: [roll2] vs. reflex
Damage: [roll3]

Awesomologist
2008-11-03, 11:50 AM
Adonel's final blow finished off the injured kobold. With all the kobolds now dead the caravan guard makes his way forward, kind enough to carry the box Gorl had dropped and he returns it to the barbarian.
The injured guard makes his way to check the bodies of his fallen friends, "They aren't all here! These are only few of the guards... Binwiggs is also missing."

Tried to post this last night but I was having weird internet issues. Sorry for the delay!
Encounter is over! As i said before in the recruitment thread, leveling through the first couple of levels will be sped up a little. here are the rewards!
200 XP each
On the kobolds and dead caravan guard bodies are found:
Crude weapons and armor (no real value)
50 SP
10 GP
1 Potion of Healing

The wagons contain some trade goods of value but the caravan guard seems to be piling some of that stuff into the least damaged of the two wagons.

Mando Knight
2008-11-03, 06:13 PM
"What do you mean, they aren't all here? Did they run off? Is there anything nearby that they could use to call for help?"

Senerio picks around the battlefield, looking for clues as to what went on before the party arrived.

Tyracus
2008-11-03, 07:54 PM
Adonel

Letting out a controlled breath before bending to wipe his blade on the kobold's clothes Adonel applies some basic dressing to his scratches before moving to aid the guard.

I have no skills with which to follow any trail that would have been left. If they had fled on their own I believe they would have headed to the fort for shelter and aid. Unless any of you can track people I'd recommend we continue on to our destination.

Awesomologist
2008-11-03, 09:16 PM
"What do you mean, they aren't all here? Did they run off? Is there anything nearby that they could use to call for help?"

"I don't know sir... Perhaps they ran or perhaps they were taken..." The guard shuffles around gathering some of the merchant goods. He stops, realizing only then that with no horse he would be unable to pull the wagon.

I have no skills with which to follow any trail that would have been left. If they had fled on their own I believe they would have headed to the fort for shelter and aid. Unless any of you can track people I'd recommend we continue on to our destination.

"Where were you heading? The Southern Tower? Are you there to meet a caravan?"

Jokes
2008-11-03, 09:24 PM
Gorl

Gorl casually walks past the group, wiping blood from his blade. Sheathing his weapon, he picks up the box he dropped at the start of the fight. He walks up to one of the caravans and sets it down. "Delivered." He brushes his hands. "Now, about these missing people..." He begins to search the area for tracks.

[roll0]

Awesomologist
2008-11-03, 09:42 PM
Gorl

Gorl casually walks past the group, wiping blood from his blade. Sheathing his weapon, he picks up the box he dropped at the start of the fight. He walks up to one of the caravans and sets it down. "Delivered." He brushes his hands. "Now, about these missing people..." He begins to search the area for tracks.

Gorl can trace what seems to have been items or people being dragged off the road to north and west. Perhaps a staging ground for what they gathered before breaking off. After that the trail seems a bit harder to make out.
It's just then that Gorl notices an elf on the southern side of the road approach, making himself known.

Jokes you can make a second check if you like.
Enter Brennus!

Da Beast
2008-11-04, 12:39 AM
The elf wears leather armor dyed in dull greens and browns and carries a bow strung across his back. He looks back and forth as he approaches, taking in the aftermath of the battle before calling out to the party.

"Greetings, my name is Amras. I've been tracking the movements of the kobolds in this area for about two weeks; trying to asses what threat they may pose. Can you tell me what happened here?"

LemonAndLime
2008-11-04, 06:03 PM
Terp turns to the elf, briefly wary before sagging and replying as he reattaches his crossbow to his belt. "The kobolds...they...they... Did the caravan have supplies on it? Useful things? They attacked it, you see. Perhaps they have a base nearby."

Da Beast
2008-11-05, 11:47 AM
"So far I've only encountered scouts and small foraging parties. They seem to be located somewhere south east of here, and maybe with a larger group like this I can follow their trail back to wherever they've settled..."

Amras' voice seems to drift off as he drops to the ground searching for the kobolds' trail.

Awesomologist
2008-11-05, 12:10 PM
The injured surviving guard speaks up, "I'm in no condition to chase after kobolds. It also looks like I won't be carrying these goods back with me. I need to get back to Fenderin as quickly as possible, let Binwiggs family and partners know what happened. I'm sure they'll be sending someone down to salvage what they can. I will let them know what you all have done here. Do you really plan to pursue these kobolds? I'm sure if Master Binwiggs is still alive there will be a reward."
Zerin moves to the guard, "I didn't sign up to go chasing kobolds along the country side. I will help you get back to Fenderin."

Da Beast
2008-11-05, 01:26 PM
"Do you really plan to pursue these kobolds? I'm sure if Master Binwiggs is still alive there will be a reward."

"This is my first big break on this job. I'm not sure what I'll do if and when I find their base, but at the very least I'm going to try and gather some information."

Tyracus
2008-11-05, 10:34 PM
Adonel

Looking over at the newest arrival Adonel smiles a bit and begins to speak. I'd have to say you're a fool for following so many kobolds on your own, but I can appreciate the sentiment. If you'd like some company I'd be happy to join, the little runts seem to be well organized and it'd be a good exercise to better myself with. Anyways it seems Zerin is going with the wagon, I doubt they'll need all of us for such a simple task.

Da Beast
2008-11-05, 11:53 PM
A thin smile crosses Amras lips as he regards the genasi. "Foolish? I'm not going to walk up to the front door and knock, just follow the tracks for a while and reassess from there. Anyone who likes is welcome to join me. Together we may even be able to clear out the encampment."

Jokes
2008-11-06, 01:20 AM
Gorl

"Well, it will be good to have a skilled tracker, what do you make of these?" He points to the ground, where he thinks could be tracks.

Ok, this is technically an assist roll, for any perception that Amras might make.
[roll0]

Awesomologist
2008-11-06, 01:08 PM
Having gathered as much as they can carry, Zerin and the guard make their leave back north towards Fenderin.
While Gorl is able to point out to Amras the tracks he already found, the barbarian is unable to show the ranger much more.

Skill Challenge will start tonight when I'm home with my notes. If there's any more RP stuff you want to take care of before the challenge thats fine.

Awesomologist
2008-11-07, 08:11 PM
With a new member, the ranger Amras, the party proceeds to follow the kobold tracks into the wild hills southwest of the Feyhollow forest.

Skill Challenge: Follow the kobold tracks to find the hidden kobold camp.

Check Order (Initiative):
Amras
Senerio
Gorl
Adonel
Terp

1st Round: Find tracks and clues to follow the kobolds. Amras roll a Perception check please.

Da Beast
2008-11-08, 01:31 AM
[roll0]

"something over here. Those big, armored ones leave much clearer tracks then the scouts I've encountered."

Awesomologist
2008-11-08, 11:32 AM
Having found the main column of kobold movement, Amras leads the party for a few a couple of miles before coming upon a small clearing between two hills. the tracks lead past some ruined stone structures which appear to be hundreds of years old.

Can I get a History check from Senerio please. This check incurs no penalty to the skill challenge.

Mando Knight
2008-11-08, 01:56 PM
Arright... here's the History check...

[roll0]

Awesomologist
2008-11-08, 05:35 PM
Unable to tell more about the ruined stones the party continues it's trek.

Can I get a Perception Check from Gorl please.

Jokes
2008-11-08, 08:53 PM
Gorl

Gorl keeps his eyes peeled for any signs of the kobolds.

[roll0]

Awesomologist
2008-11-08, 11:14 PM
Can I get Perception checks from Adonel and Terp as well.
I'm going to speed this skill challenge along seeing as they don't really work on PbP. Sorry for wasting time on this but it was a little bit of an experiment.

Tyracus
2008-11-09, 05:14 PM
Adonel

Keeping his eyes on his surroundings Adonel wonders about the structures they had just passed.

Perception [roll0]
And I'm gonna roll history just on the off chance I can pick up on the earlier failure. [roll1]

Edit: I have to say the rolls certainly match for what I'm doing. Too distracted thinking.

Awesomologist
2008-11-10, 01:58 PM
Adonel:
Upon closer examination of the ruins, Adonel notices the party is at an ancient crossroad. While none of the structures are still standing, the stones that paved these road had markers on them. The markers facing the direction the kobold tracks seem to be going indicate that mines are ahead, but are so weathered with time that any other information is unclear.

Perception checks from Terp and then Amras please.

Da Beast
2008-11-10, 10:13 PM
Amras slowly makes his way along the road, looking for any sing of passage.

[roll0]

Awesomologist
2008-11-11, 09:19 PM
Amras finds a particular track, perhaps of a kobold carrying something heavy, and is able to follow its set of tracks through the hills.
After a couple of hours the tracks lead to a shallow gorge. The ground almost seems carved, as rocky stone steps, overgrown with plant life lead down into the gorge. Little kobold footprints can be seen clearly in the dirt before the stone steps start. The path down is perhaps wide enough for two kobolds side by side, but not so for creatures of your size.

End of "skill challenge." I'm not a fan of how those work in general, and less so online. I'm sorry for slowing the game down so much.
100 XP for everyone as a gift for putting up with it!
Figure out a marching order for your decent into the gorge. Feel free to ask any questions you can think of too.

Awesomologist
2008-11-13, 11:05 AM
Actions? Who's going down first? Lead the way!

Tyracus
2008-11-13, 07:22 PM
Adonel

Keeping one hand free from his blade Adonel slowly makes his way down the path. Stepping lightly first to keep from falling due to any loose rocks. As he heads down he begins to speak to Amras.

So where do your talents lie ranger? Are you a close range combatant or do you work best with a bow? I'd like to know so I can take your actions into account when things get rough with the kobolds.

Da Beast
2008-11-14, 03:15 PM
"I rely mainly on my bow in combat. the further away you can keep the kobolds the better."

Jokes
2008-11-16, 05:22 AM
Gorl

"But... how do you know you've done any damage?" He swings his sword in fluid motions, as if slicing off several heads. "There's no... what's the word... tactileness*, no feel."

*It sounds better in dwarven :smallbiggrin:

Mando Knight
2008-11-16, 12:17 PM
"Perhaps slaughter isn't as appealing to him as it is to you."

Da Beast
2008-11-16, 01:34 PM
"Anyone with a stick and a death wish can run up to a monster and wave his hands in its face. Stalking your foe from bushes to treetops and slaying him before he knows you're there? That takes real talent."

Awesomologist
2008-11-16, 07:07 PM
The path down into the shallow gorge bends from time to time, but the steps stay fairly level, if not a little too smooth at times. Near the bottom the path levels out a little...

Perception checks from everyone please.

Mando Knight
2008-11-16, 07:15 PM
Senerio isn't very good at spotting things, I doubt he'll see anything...

[roll0]

Tyracus
2008-11-16, 07:21 PM
A niggling doubt crosses Adonel's mind and he turns his scrutiny away from the conversation at hand.

Perception: [roll0]

Da Beast
2008-11-16, 07:23 PM
[roll0]
EXTRA CHARACTERS!!!

Jokes
2008-11-16, 08:02 PM
Gorl

"I'm not arguing the talent of it, but if you want to make sure your quarry is dead, you need to stay close. Too many times found half dead animals, in snares or with arrows in them, dying slowly. If you want to make sure something is dead, a knife to the throat will always get better results."

[roll0]

Da Beast
2008-11-20, 12:33 PM
"Well that's just being careless. Yes, a good hunter makes sure his target is dead but but a shot from afar can take down monsters just as well as a sword and it carries less personal risk."