PDA

View Full Version : TSR's Top Secret

Jimp
2008-10-14, 10:46 AM
When doing an inventory of stuff that belongs to my college's gaming society I came accross a box set of TSR's Top Secret system. I'm not sure how complete it is, but the core book and some splatbooks were there. All are in good condition and one is even unopened from it's plastic wrap. Would this be worth anything now? The college has given us permission to sell any old useless stuff and nobody is really interested in the system since it's kind of been forgotten about and spy style games are usually run in GURPS or some other system.

snoopy13a
2008-10-14, 11:16 AM
When doing an inventory of stuff that belongs to my college's gaming society I came accross a box set of TSR's Top Secret system. I'm not sure how complete it is, but the core book and some splatbooks were there. All are in good condition and one is even unopened from it's plastic wrap. Would this be worth anything now? The college has given us permission to sell any old useless stuff and nobody is really interested in the system since it's kind of been forgotten about and spy style games are usually run in GURPS or some other system.

You could look it up on e-bay and see if anyone is selling it.

Person_Man
2008-10-14, 11:59 AM
Probably not. But you might happen across a nerd who played the game as a child, sold or threw away the books, and now wants to recover their fond memories, only to be greatly disappointed. Like the Star Wars prequel or Indiana Jones 4.

Irreverent Fool
2008-10-14, 07:47 PM
Bust it out and try it. Selling old gaming stuff is blasphemy.

Riffington
2008-10-14, 08:06 PM
About $5. I enjoyed it as a kid, but I wouldn't use that system any more. I'd probably reread it for the cooking jokes...

Yahzi
2008-10-14, 08:34 PM
Ya, it was a really bad game, as I recall.

I seem to remember not being able to find the XP table. You could get XP, but you didn't how much it took to gain a level...