PDA

View Full Version : Bold

Gannes
2003-10-12, 01:33 AM
Is it just me, or do others have a problem with bold? It never shows up on my screen, although it looks as if everything else does just fine.

WampaX
2003-10-12, 01:39 AM
Looks fine to me.

How about this?

Lets see if this works.

Bogotter
2003-10-12, 07:33 AM
It works for me too.

In case you wanted instructions:

Put a letter b inside of the brackets [] at the beginning of your bold text.

At the end of the bold text put a /b inside a new set of brackets [].

Hope this helps.

Gannes
2003-10-13, 01:14 AM
I know how to code it in. (It's a very similar method as italics, which I use liberally.) The problem is that BOLD characters don't show up on my screen as any different from regular ones! Even on someone else's post.

And WampaX... all I see are regular and unbolded italics.

Bogotter
2003-10-13, 07:03 AM
That's weird. There is bold on my screen for both Wampa's and my posts above. Sorry.

RawBearNYC
2003-10-13, 10:09 AM
Charles, what browser are you using? Do you have an alternative (like IE vs Netscape)? Look at it in an alternative browser. See if you continue to have that problem there.

Russell_fly
2003-10-13, 10:18 AM
Gannes. I have given this some deep thought and this is what I came up with. It's now clear to me that you are not posting with the confidence required to post in bold. While you have the nuance, the sarcasm if you will, to post in italics, your bold-enabling chutzpah is not quite there.
I can empathize. When I temporarily lost the ability to post in underline I was distraught. A friend pointed out that to post in underline one must have the deep desire to point out the actual from the perceived. I practiced for a while and then, sure enough, my underline ability came back (whoops! I mean underline. Lost my train-of-thought for a minute there).
I hope this helps Gannes.

Remember. Confidence. Confidence. ;)