PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for #700

Malanthyus
2008-10-14, 06:17 PM
Absolutely nothing will happen.

There will be no story progression, no changes to the status quo. Just one of the characters in some form another popping up and saying "Gotcha" or it's like and asking "So you thought were were actually going to do something for this huh?"

Ladorak
2008-10-14, 06:19 PM
I spy with my little eye, something begining with S...

That's right, someone who didn't get the joke.:smallbiggrin:

Seriously tho, thanks, without people like you, it wouldn't have been funny.

Malanthyus
2008-10-14, 06:30 PM
Got it fine, just kind of tired of it. Or rather tired of getting my hopes up for something impressive, and having it fizzle out. So I'm done, I have zero expectations for 700.

Ladorak
2008-10-14, 06:40 PM
Maybe, I, however, have very high expectations of 601.

Based solely on this objective data, which one of us is happier?

Warlord JK
2008-10-14, 06:43 PM
I personally think it's just a webcomic and the only reason we get disappointed over strips like this is because we get all hyped up about it. Just treat it like any other comic and your fine :smallbiggrin:

ARMOURERERIC
2008-10-14, 07:00 PM
Haley will be selling Roy's bones individually on Ebay

Xole
2008-10-14, 07:02 PM
Eventually he'll trick us into thinking nothing will happen and then something will happen.

FoE
2008-10-14, 07:03 PM
Got it fine, just kind of tired of it. Or rather tired of getting my hopes up for something impressive, and having it fizzle out. So I'm done, I have zero expectations for 700.

I just got to say it.

HWA HWA!

busterswd
2008-10-14, 07:19 PM
They just defeated a giant devil, Therkla AND Kubota died, V proved himself capable of murder for convenience's sake, V also just technically left the OotS, and there's a strong implication that he'll turn to evil in the comics to come.

Maybe 600 wasn't a huge comic, but there's no reason to be disappointed in that, I'd say. There's been plenty of pretty major plot exposition.

Krade
2008-10-14, 07:42 PM
I predict that strip #700 will be the end of the next book.

That said, I'm just glad that it wasn't just that lame joke and it was put in to the double-sized area.

TheGrimace
2008-10-14, 07:44 PM
(Note: I consider the following point to be debatable, if asked to defend it, certain parts will quickly be conceded. However, the point of it remains intact)

except that the point of a webcomic is to build fans, and even if post 600 wasn't going to be something special, the comic was (is) on the threshold of doing any of a hundred really awesome things, but instead of doing something "really awesome" he decided to cut the plot for a post, and instead play a prank on us.

That's not something you have to worry about with a "normal comic"

But, as long as there are no "vote for Obama!" or "vote for McCain!" references, I'll still count myself among the fans.

Deme
2008-10-14, 07:45 PM
...Nah, he wouldn't do it after another 100 pages. But I bet that at 1000, after mass speculation...then the joke'll get pulled out again. Totally.

Morgan Wick
2008-10-14, 08:02 PM
I predict the joke will be pulled out again at #1100. Therefore the joke becomes that it's being used every 500 strips.

Nimrod's Son
2008-10-14, 08:11 PM
Just a thought... how about enjoying the peaks and troughs of the story AS THEY ARRIVE, instead of expecting everything to come in neatly numbered little packages?

Unrelatedly, I can't wait for the stroke of midnight on New Year's Eve; everything in my life is just bound to become perfect right then...

David Argall
2008-10-14, 08:45 PM
I predict that strip #700 will be the end of the next book.

The last two books have been 180 & 184 pages. 700 will be 216 pages. That's not impossible, but the odds are it will be something much closer to 666.

Assuming it is not the end of the book, 700 will simply be a normal strip, possibly wonderful, possibly not.

UncleWolf
2008-10-14, 09:43 PM
I predict the joke will be pulled out again at #1100. Therefore the joke becomes that it's being used every 500 strips.

But then the joke would have become predictable. I bet the joke will be used at strip #900(random guess).

Heroic
2008-10-14, 10:25 PM
The only strip I'm really expecting is 666th.

drakokirby
2008-10-14, 10:26 PM
Wouldn't do it again that early. People will then hate that and The Giant will get sooooo many angry letters. Around 1000 is the next funny.

SPoD
2008-10-14, 11:03 PM
(Note: I consider the following point to be debatable, if asked to defend it, certain parts will quickly be conceded. However, the point of it remains intact)

except that the point of a webcomic is to build fans, and even if post 600 wasn't going to be something special, the comic was (is) on the threshold of doing any of a hundred really awesome things, but instead of doing something "really awesome" he decided to cut the plot for a post, and instead play a prank on us.

No, see, you're missing it. The comic was "on the threshold" of doing exactly what it did: Switch back to Roy's plot and leave us on a cliffhanger about V. The "prank" only comprises the last nine panels of a double-page comic. Look at it this way: If Rich didn't add in the second page, the first page would have happened exactly the same way. He added material to make this joke, he didn't take anything away from his original intention. It's only because people had unfounded expectations that he included it at all.

mlsq42
2008-10-15, 06:00 AM
Maybe, I, however, have very high expectations of 601.

Based solely on this objective data, which one of us is happier?

Happier right now. But being pessimistic is a much more logical way to be. If you get proven right, you expected it and should be prepared for the bad. But if you're wrong, it's turned out good, and so yay.

Just common sense.

Gez
2008-10-15, 06:09 AM
Let's start speculating about #666! And #777! Oh, I want a jumbo-sized strip for #747, get it? I'm so witty it hurts, too witty for my shirt! And #800 and #900 and #999 and #1111!

Phishfood
2008-10-15, 08:01 AM
Can't believe I registered just to post this, but we all have to delurk sometime.

You forgot:

616 (the ACTUAL number of the beast)
911 (maybe xykon's tower will get blown up?)

GSFB
2008-10-15, 08:40 AM
The REAL action will come in strip number 805.

You heard it here, first, folks. When #805 comes, be ready to collectively go DUN DUN DUN!!!

Ladorak
2008-10-15, 11:46 AM
Happier right now. But being pessimistic is a much more logical way to be. If you get proven right, you expected it and should be prepared for the bad. But if you're wrong, it's turned out good, and so yay.

Just common sense.

While I agree that a pessimistic is by definition a realistic optimist... The arguement that being always negative rather than positive makes you more positive is foolish.

Niley
2008-10-15, 11:52 AM
*sigh* Stop making prediction threads! It's clear that nothing of great importance will happen. You know Giant.

Laurentio II
2008-10-15, 11:52 AM
The REAL action will come in strip number 805.

You heard it here, first, folks. When #805 comes, be ready to collectively go DUN DUN DUN!!!
You means, around October third 2010? I'm busy that day. Can we make it for the day before?

Ronan
2008-10-15, 12:23 PM
This comig has given me real good moments. But think about it: at comic #50 we got 50% more. Imagine if something big happened at every #x comic. *There would be no surprises*. I surely got what I wanted. a Laugh :smallbiggrin:(Yep, the capital letter goes there for meaning)

After saying that I shouldn't say this, but I hope something for #666 :smalltongue: