PDA

View Full Version : Completely Revised Druid [WIP]

DaTedinator
2008-10-16, 12:56 AM
NOTE: This thread is buried so far, I'm just gonna pretend it's not even on the boards, and use it for all my own personal purposes. In other words...

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Before I really get into things, let me tell you a little story of a past character I played.

Knuckle was a Warforged Monk/Ninja assassin, who was very good at hitting people very hard, very often. However, even a Warforged can tire of death, and eventually he began to doubt his programmed purpose. He wasn't opposed to killing, per se; he just wondered if he was killing the right people.

One day, a chance encounter with a travelling priest introduced him to the church of the Silver Flame. "Aha!" He said to himself, "I have found an organization dedicated to upholding peace and justice, by killing bad guys!" He was thrilled, and immediately signed up. In fact, he more than signed up: in a rather unorthodox move for a church that believe 'Forged don't have souls, he was ordained and became a cleric.

As was noted, though, he still intended to keep killing, he was just a bit more selective as to who he killed now. The trouble came when, as he kept leveling in Cleric, he all of a sudden had too diverse a skill set. No longer was he training his fists, or honing his ki, and their relative power diminished. In exchange, all he received was a measly amount of weak spells at a low caster level. He considered becoming a Sacred Fist, but he was such a high level by now, and was still missing two feats that weren't of that much use to him by this point, it just wasn't worth it.

If Warforged had tear ducts, he would've cried.

--

Luckily, that campaign ended around that point, so it wasn't that big an issue, but it planted in me a desire to make these: Prestige class versions of the core classes (and maybe more, in the future), so that those who wish to broaden their skill set without changing their path (read: retrain) can do so without getting abilities only meant for a 1st level character.

Without further ado, I give you the...

CORE CLASSES AS PRESTIGE CLASSES

All these puppies are real simple. They only require you to be 6th level or higher, and virtually all the class features are identical. Only two real notes need to be made.

First: If you already have even a single level in the base class version of a class, you cannot level up in the prestige class version of the class, and vice-versa.

Second: Unless otherwise noted, all the class features are treated exactly the same as in the base class. So I won't go re-describing a Barbarian's rage or anything like that, because there's no need to.

So yeah.

BARBARIAN

Requirements:
ECL: 6th level or higher.
Alignment: Any nonlawful.

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special

1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Rage 2/day

2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Uncanny dodge

3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Rage 3/day

4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Bonus feat

5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Improved uncanny dodge

6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Rage 4/day

7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Greater rage

8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Bonus feat

9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Rage 5/day

10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|Tireless rage

[/table]
Hit Die: 1d12

Class Skills:
The barbarian’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: As standard barbarian.

Bonus Feat: At 4th and 8th level, the barbarian gains a bonus feat chosen from the list of bonus feats available to a fighter. You must meet the prerequisites, as usual. The feat must have either a minimum Strength or Constitution requirement, or require a feat that does.

BARD

Requirements:
ECL: 6th level or higher.
Alignment: Any nonlawful.

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Bardic knowledge, bardic music, countersong, fascinate, inspire courage +1|2|0|—|—|—|—

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Inspire competence|3|1|—|—|—|—

3rd|+2|+0|+3|+3|Suggestion|3|1|0|—|—|—

4th|+3|+0|+4|+4|Inspire courage +2|4|2|1|—|—|—

5th|+3|+0|+4|+4|Inspire greatness|4|2|1|0|—|—

6th|+4|+0|+5|+5|Song of freedom|4|2|2|1|—|—

7th|+5|+0|+5|+5||4|3|2|1|0|—

8th|+6|+0|+6|+6|Inspire courage +3|4|3|2|2|1|—

9th|+6|+0|+6|+6||4|3|3|2|1|0

10th|+7|+0|+7|+7|Inspire heroics|4|3|3|2|2|1

[/table]
Spells Known
{table]Level|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th

1st|21|11|—|—|—|—

2nd|2|1|—|—|—|—

3rd|2|1|11|—|—|—

4th|3|2|1|—|—|—

5th|4|2|1|11|—|—

6th|4|2|2|1|—|—

7th|4|2|2|1|11|—

8th|4|2|2|2|1|—

9th|4|2|2|2|1|11

10th|4|2|2|2|2|1

[/table]

Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
The bard’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise (Int), Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Speak Language (None), Spellcraft (Int), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex), and Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: As standard bard.

Spellcasting: As standard bard, except your caster level equals 1/2 your character level + your class level, to a maximum of your character level.

Bardic music: As standard bard, except each individual bardic music ability only requires a number of ranks in Perform equal to the class level it was gained at +3.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

StormingMarcus
2010-04-19, 10:31 AM
I think the problem you are addressing can be resolved through some sort of "multiclass" feats and the paragon path concept.
Disallow Prcs and create a paragon path for every core class.

If you do not know 4th edition I am willing to better explain my suggestions.

Analytica
2010-04-19, 02:26 PM
Have you seen http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/prestigiousCharacterClasses.htm ? It basically does this for bard, ranger and paladin. If you also add in the generic classes http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/genericClasses.htm and add some more prestige variants, you could replace the system entirely.

DaTedinator
2010-04-19, 08:40 PM
Um, oops. Guys, this is just an oooold thread I made for something that nobody ever commented on, so eventually I just started using it instead of Word to store stuff I was working on. I linked to it in my homebrew section just so people who were interested (which, woohoo! People were!) could see it, not so they could comment.

I guess I should've made that more clear.

Roland St. Jude
2010-04-19, 09:09 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: I'm going to leave it open so the OP can salvage the material off the first post, but this thread is long dead, please don't post in it.