PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 vs. Guitar Hero: World Tour

Mike62
2008-10-16, 09:16 AM
Okay, I know that neither of these games are out yet for the Wii, but I am looking at the descriptions of them, and I cant seem to see where they would be different. Both of them seem to have guitar, drum and vocal play elements, and all the other stuff. Does anybody here know what will be different between the two, and which one would be the better pick? I'm planning some Christmas shopping for my nephew, and those seem to be high on his list. GH: WT will be out sooner, and given that new Wii stuff gets sold out 2 seconds after it arrives, I would like to be able to make sure I get one, but I dont want to buy it if its going to suck compared to RB2.

Metal Head
2008-10-16, 09:18 AM
There is a place for video game talk. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26) And it's a bit early to do comparisons. Only one of these games is out.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-16, 12:05 PM
What I'd do is have a look at the song list, and see which one has more songs you like.

late for dinner
2008-10-16, 12:29 PM
I have rock band 2 and I can say that I am kind of torn. because I really really enjoyed the original rockband, mostly because I suck at the guitar. So I got to get good on drums...(I can play almost every song on expert) The song list for RB2 is so-so. RB1's song list was great. I am looking forward to the "Import your own music" thing on Guitar Hero WT. Plus I can still play the drums.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-16, 01:51 PM
Technically it's not so much an 'Import Music' feature as it is a 'Make some new music' feature. Far as I can tell it doesn't support anything but original tunes.

So no uploading the entirety of DragonForce's latest album for gits and shiggles. Unless you want to figure out how to make it yourself.

late for dinner
2008-10-16, 02:01 PM
so its like you compose your own tracks? or you put a song that you like on it and make up your own chords and beats to play?

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-16, 03:35 PM
Far as I've heard? Compose your own. I'd have to check, but I'm pretty sure that's what it said...

late for dinner
2008-10-16, 03:50 PM
that would still be awesome.

Neo
2008-10-16, 04:34 PM
yeah, there was a bit of a royalty issue with them letting you add additional songs, so they had to remove it.

late for dinner
2008-10-16, 04:57 PM
I can see why. They would have to get copyrights pretty much every song out there...that would be a lot of money.