PDA

View Full Version : flying charger

Melodia
2008-10-16, 09:12 PM
i want to make a character that can duel wield while riding some sort of Eagle. One of my friends suggested coming here because supposedly you all are good at this sort of thing. most books are available, setting specific ones are a lot more iffy though.
edit: Standard point buy system starting at level one. I was considering lances but that is subject to change for more damage.
edit2:sorry this is my first time the game is using e3.5

Vortling
2008-10-16, 09:26 PM
i want to make a character that can duel wield while riding some sort of Eagle. One of my friends suggested coming here because supposedly you all are good at this sort of thing. most books are available, setting specific ones are a lot more iffy though

Do you have a preference what you dual wield? Also we'll need starting level, what sort of stats generation you're using, and anything you don't want us to use to build it.

Fax Celestis
2008-10-16, 10:10 PM
Frankly, if you're a mounted character, dual-wielding is not for you. On an avian mount, bows are a good choice as you can pepper your foes from the air without fear of reprisal.

Lances are a good choice too: diving lance-charges are automatically x3 damage, x4 if you grab Spirited Charge, and up to x6 if you take levels in Cavalier.

Mando Knight
2008-10-16, 10:10 PM
We'll also need the edition...

I mean, 3.x is still the dominant D&D version here, but because of the rule changes, you can't use the 3.x builds in 4e or vice versa, and even a lot of the 3.x builds are useless in 1 or 2e.