PDA

View Full Version : MS Paint Adventures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

ericgrau
2008-10-17, 09:50 AM
I didn't see a thread for this webcomic so I thought I'd share and get a discussion going:

http://www.mspaintadventures.com

Check out Problem Sleuth and Homestuck, the other two are early attempts. They're pure awesome in a can.

AD: Repost thread in a more hardboiled manner.

http://www.geocities.com/pleasespamme2004/acedickconfused.GIF

Your imagination just isn't high enough.

Alien
2008-10-17, 01:10 PM
Are you sure this is a comic?

idksocrates
2008-10-17, 07:43 PM
Are you sure this is a comic?

It's gray, but i'd say it's a comic. It's just based on reader interaction like Turtle Vs. Bunny.

bingo_bob
2008-10-18, 09:55 AM
I've read this for a while, and I really enjoy it.

I think I may have accidentally been the source of inspiration for Demonhead Mobster Kingpin (DMK, the final boss). I was the one who suggested "PI: Ascend to Godhood!" way back when, and it seems to have had... repercussions.

Sanjay
2008-10-18, 07:56 PM
I really like this comic!

I love Problem Sleuth, and I really like how you can see the comic progressively getting better from Jailbreak to Bard Quest to Problem Sleuth.

Enlong
2008-10-18, 09:01 PM
Shoot Safe

Your KEY is out of bullets!

Enlong
2008-10-19, 01:44 AM
OK. Wow. Just finished my archive binge of Detective adventure.

That was the best. thing ever.

I have never seen a better result come from an online community.
And the best part is that it updates so fast! six pages in the several hours of internet surfing I did after reaching the last page!

Bryn
2008-10-19, 05:12 AM
It's worth noting that the images don't show up in Firefox 3, so I had to switch to IE for this absolutely amazing series. Which is a shame.

Apart from that: yes, absolutely amazing series. I lol'd, frequently. :smallbiggrin:

Sanjay
2008-10-19, 08:57 AM
They showed up for me with Firefox 3. Weird.

Gez
2008-10-19, 05:21 PM
Works for me, with FF3.

And it's awesome. I was wary because of the name, but it is awesome.

ericgrau
2008-10-22, 10:00 AM
I'm all finished with the archives. Can't wait for more :). But ya they update fast. I'm gonna hold off again so I can binge through another 10.

For great sepulchritude!

Enlong
2008-10-27, 11:44 PM
So...

Schema Pumpkins.

starburst98
2008-11-10, 12:18 PM
current recap:

While Ace **** sets up the rather complicated board game, Death clicks his BALL POINT SCYTHE and jots down a few notes in his TOME OF WAYFARING SOULS.

He documents the tale of three detectives trapped in their offices. In the due course of time, they escaped from their offices, only do discover they were still trapped in what could loosely be considered a larger office building, held hostage by an unscrupulous mob boss named Mobster Kingpin. MK wets his bill in just about everything, liquor bootlegging, laundering, embezzling treasure concealed in stone busts, prostitution outfits orchestrated by his Madame accomplice along with sinister urban mural rackets. Additionally, MK guards the MEGATON KEY required by the sleuths to exit to the REAL CITY STREETS which are in dire need of their sleuthing services!

The detectives were able to escape their offices by accomplishing various feats both inside their offices, and on the IMAGINARY CITY STREETS, a realm accessible in ways twofold: Through A) electrically-powered WINDOW PORTALS, and B) alcohol-fueled spells of IMAGINATION from within the safety of a small FORT.

The detectives additionally advanced their situation by forming alliances with various KINGDOMS residing on the flip-side of the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE. Problem Sleuth befriended ELVES, Pickle Inspector befriended WEASELS, Ace **** befriended HOGS, and unfortunately, Mobster Kingpin made an ally as well in CLOWNS. Each aided his ally in its struggle against its warring party and received boons for their efforts. Eventually, Problem Sleuth used his heightened DIPLOMATIC ABILITIES to resolve all disputes among the KINGDOMS, thus winning him favor with the WEASEL KING.

Through the boons of their respective efforts, the sleuths gained a mysterious form of cognizance regarding their FEMALE ALTER EGOS. PS cognized awareness of Hysterical Dame, PI cognized Nervous Broad, and of course, AD merely cognized himself for lack of IMAGINATION. These ladies were revealed to be trapped in a DOLL HOUSE in MK's office, a room which he himself was proven to be trapped in as well, only freeing himself upon receiving his boon from the CLOWNS. The females had to overcome their prison as well as their DIMINUTIVE SIZES by accomplishing various feats within their rooms, utilizing SIZE ALTERING PORTALS to and from the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE involving a MUSIC BOX, a STOREFRONT, a MIRROR, a MANHOLE, and a JACUZZI.

Meanwhile, the sleuths engaged in battle with various DEMONS in the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE, gradually increasing their skill levels and adding to their repertoires of BATTLE TECHNIQUES and COMBAT OPERANDI. At one point, Ace **** brewed a batch of CANDY CORN LIQUOR. The resulting explosion from the volatile concoction is ultimately what freed them from their offices. (For him, by blowing a hole in his front wall. For PS, by triggering an event which caused the OBOE to be dislodged from the back doors.) Later, Pickle Inspector drank the CANDY CORN LIQUOR to max out his IMAGINATION gauge, giving him tremendous powers in the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE.

His powers lead to these consequences.

A) Splitting himself into 8 clones.

B) One of those clones turning into a monster which killed most of the clones, and was then shot by...

C) One which summoned a CANDY MECHA, and then later killed by the "female" AD in the DOLL HOUSE.

D) One rising into the sky and becoming GODHEAD PICKLE INSPECTOR.

E) One using ABSTRACTED THOUGHT, allowing the real PI to function in reality, while the imaginary ones remain.

F) The final remaining one using TEMPORAL REPLICSIMILE, splitting himself in two. One disappearing into the PAST (PPI) and the other into the FUTURE (FPI).

Also meanwhile, Ace **** (the original one) found the CONTROL ROOM containing a complicated PUZZLE and a CODE MACHINE. First, he tried jumping out of his SIDEWAYS WINDOW, fell through the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE sideways, and died. In taking a step back, he used the CODE MACHINE to skip ahead to a point in the game where the complicated PUZZLE was solved. (It was later determined that it was Past Pickle Inspector who went back in time to solve this puzzle, and then died.) Upon solving the puzzle, a hatch opened, allowing him to travel to the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE to collect his boon from the HOGS.

A little later, Problem Sleuth found the CONTROL ROOM too. He used the CODE MACHINE to return to an earlier state in the game, to the moment before Ace **** jumped out the SIDEWAYS WINDOW. This time, AD was able to jump into the STOREFRONT before falling to his death. He emerged from Hysterical Dame's MUSIC BOX, causing him to be VERY SMALL. He eventually came to be normal-sized by using the various SIZE ALTERING PORTALS.

This is how there came to be three Ace *****.

Furthermore, by this point, there were two Pickle Inspectors: the original real one (PI), and his super-powered imaginary form in the future (FPI).

After PS used the CODE MACHINE to create the third AD, he then jumped through the UPSIDE-DOWN WINDOW with the PARACHUTE to fall through the sky of the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE, past the SLEAZY BROTHEL IN THE SKY, landing in the WEASEL KING'S palace. This is how he came to be charged with diplomatically resolving tensions among the FOUR KINGDOMS. However, he was only successful upon looking up a CHEAT CODE on GAMEFAQS, and printing it out. The PRINTOUT was generated in the ALCHEMY ROOM, which PI then took and used with the CODE MACHINE to skip ahead to the SUCCESSFUL POLITICAL NEGOTIATION. As a boon, PS received a great deal of AMMUNITION, ELF TEARS, WEASEL SNOT, HOG SLOP, PIE FILLING, and the loyalty of the WEASEL KING, and was returned to reality. He then collaborated with the other ADs to fit the SKULLS of the sleuths previously slain into the slots to unlock the DOUBLE DOORS.

In the ALCHEMY ROOM, PI also printed out a recipe for 5 ALARM HOT SAUCE, which involved a CHIPOTLE PEPPER, a rare item which proved to be found beneath AD's HAT. One of the ADs prepared the concoction in the HOT SAUCE STILL and waited for it to mature.

Upon freeing themselves from the DOLL HOUSE, HD, NB and "female" AD encountered MK, who'd just returned to his office. This sparked a fierce battle, whereby the heroines dealt damage to MK by raising his BLOOD SUGAR and using powerful attacks such as their CHARM BREAK! and MURDER FLUX! techniques. Power for these attacks was supplied when damage was taken by their counterparts. In the meantime, PS and the other two ADs were climbing the levels to MK's office, fighting monsters along the way. Damage they took fueled the females' attacks, and vice versa.

NB's MURDER FLUX was maxed out when PI was fooling around with windows in the CONTROL ROOM. He dropped one window through its own corresponding window portal, in spite of warnings from the HONEYBEE PROFESSOR. The reaction triggered a massive explosion, killing PI and the PROFESSOR. PI met with DEATH for TEA. The PROFESSOR pollinated the floral/fractal-based AFTERLIFE, while GPI fondly regarded it. After her attack, MK pushed NB through his office window. She fell through the sky in a nervous manner for some time until FPI appeared from the past and caught her.

In the course of the battle with MK, AD was killed in a suicide maneuver. He met PI and DEATH in the AFTERLIFE. Together, they eventually bested DEATH in a series of sudoko-based challenges to return to life. Pickle Inspector would bring a tear to DEATH'S eye by completing the LABRYNTHINE SUDOCUBE COMPREHSENSILE.

The earlier window explosion caused by PI was so massive, it caused a city-wide blackout in the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE. The darkness triggered the release of the terrible DEMON called FLUTHLU, the final adversary PS would face at the top of the tower, which physically corresponded with the imaginary TOWER OF SYNDETIC ASCENSION connecting both sides of the universe. FLUTHLU would climb that tower and emerge through the DEATH STAR WINDOW. PS would easily kill FLUTHLU with his TRUSTY KNIVES attack.

On the way up, one of the ADs was attacked by a ZOMBIE HIRED MUSCLE (who would later prove to be a hero) and became ZOMBIE ACE ****. ZAD snuck by FLUTHLU to discover the giant BOWEN STILLSON DOGG bust blocking MK's office door.

Meanwhile, HD killed MK with KISS OF DEATH. However, MK snuck out of the AFTERLIFE while DEATH was distracted by PI and AD. MK revived himself with INSULIN SHOT, and knocked HD out cold. He then built a FORT out of his desk, drank some liquor, and retreated into the IMAGINARY UNIVERSE.

Once the 5 ALARM HOT SAUCE was finished, the explosion destroyed the BOWEN STILLSON DOGG, allowing PS into MK's office, to find MK in his fort.

The other AD drank the 5 ALARM HOT SAUCE and became a very strong FIESTA ACE ****.

When FAD inverted the universe by flipping a window, this allowed MK to descend into demonhood to become DEMONHEAD MOBSTER KINPIN, MK's final form. PS, FAD and ZAD went through the office and upstairs to the deck of MK's imaginary pirate ship, the CHICAGO OVERCOAT. FAD had to destroy/dislodge a series of busts along the way, including a SNOOP BUST which he tragically sent into the sky never to be seen again.

PS flipped the ship's STEERING WHEEL to invert the universe again to begin waging battle. PI and AD, having bested Death, returned to the ship. FPI conjured CANDY ARMOR for the party, which was quickly negated by DMK's powerful attacks. The sleuth party countered with a series of their own attacks, raising DMK's BLOOD SUGAR and dealing damage by summoning the WEASEL KING, conjuring a JAWBREAKER SKYLIGHT BOMB, and invoking a COMB RAVE to execute a ridiculously powerful TRIPLE TRUFFLE SHUFFLE. DMK's first face was defeated, only to reveal DMK's second face with two fully revived health meters.

To counter this, the sleuth party invoked their GAMBIT SCHEMAS to enhance their offensive and defensive attributes.

Meanwhile, HD and NB find themselves trapped in the SLEAZY BROTHEL IN THE SKY, where they pursue a mission to best MADAME MUREL, MK's female counterpart and brothel matron, and plug in a GIANT FAN for some reason.

Also, while DMK's WEAKSPOT was exposed, AD foolishly got on top of DMK's HAT. (The AD who was at one point the "female" AD but now ironically functions as the "normal" AD.) DEATH met him on top of the HAT and then challenged him to a friendly game of LIFE, which brings us to the present moment.

It's all so simple you wonder why you even bothered to ask.

Lissou
2008-11-10, 07:13 PM
I like how the forum censored ACE DlCK's name.

Enlong
2008-11-10, 09:15 PM
I like how the forum censored ACE DlCK's name.

I see what you did there.

Sanjay
2008-11-19, 05:07 PM
This comic just got the nod from Dinosaur Comics (http://chewbac.ca).

That's a big deal!

Enlong
2008-11-20, 02:58 AM
I don't think I'm ever going to get tired of Death's insanely multipurpose scythe.
ROCKET LAUNCHER SCYTHE, FORT SCYTHE, TROMBONE SCYTHE, BOWEN-STILTSON-DOGG SCYTHE.
It's awesome.

pickleninja
2008-11-21, 10:31 AM
truly amazing...I had to force myself to stop reading so I could get some work done lol :smallbiggrin:

-Pickle

Enlong
2008-11-22, 02:44 AM
This comic just got the nod from Dinosaur Comics (http://chewbac.ca).

That's a big deal!

And PS returned the favor today by AGRESSing with the T-REX SCYTHE.

Bryn
2008-11-22, 06:18 AM
For the record, I found out why the images weren't showing in Firefox. Apparently Adblock thought they were an ad. Blanket exception has been added to MSPaint Adventures, and now I need not worry about any more IETab SHENANIGANS.

Khosan
2008-11-29, 04:55 PM
Oh man, **** is so real right now.

I like reading the suggestions. Lot of fun in that.

Mewtarthio
2008-12-02, 09:38 PM
According to the FAQ, the next game will be a fusion of The Sims, Spore, and Earthbound. This can only result in awesome.

Enlong
2008-12-02, 10:32 PM
According to the FAQ, the next game will be a fusion of The Sims, Spore, and Earthbound. This can only result in awesome.

Woah.

Woah...

UP: try PSI PUMPKIN on the INAPPROPRIATELY SHAPED SPACE INVADERS!

mutecebu
2008-12-03, 11:57 PM
This comic is amazing. Wonderful.

ericgrau
2008-12-18, 03:41 AM
GPI: DEUS EX SEWING MACHINA!! (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001486)

I busted out laughing at this. When the imaginary universe is rend in twain, fear not, for god Pickle Inspector is ever fondly gazing at pseudo-creation!

MrEdwardNigma
2008-12-30, 03:47 PM
This webcomic is absolutely amazing. I just pretty much lost a day of studying to it.

Aidan305
2008-12-30, 08:21 PM
My head hurts.

Enlong
2009-01-01, 07:15 PM
Wait, does this mean that ZAD is doomed to di- be destroyed?

Gez
2009-01-01, 07:40 PM
I guess when the story wraps up, there can be only one (Ace ****), so exit Fiesta and Zombie.

That said, it doesn't seem like Fiesta is out right yet.

Enlong
2009-01-05, 09:21 PM
Huh. ZAD is dead. Crazy Shoe Guy (CSG) works fast.

Fri
2009-01-06, 11:04 AM
It sure is amusing. But too depressing for my taste.

I mean, it's fun to read once in a while, but the futileness of the quests creep me out. It's like something from the mind of that super computer from I have no mouth but I have to scream.

JerryMcJerrison
2009-01-07, 11:01 PM
My favorite page so far is the teaspoon scythe, hands down. I actually said, out loud, "What the @%$# ARE YOU DOING?!"

starburst98
2009-01-09, 08:32 AM
cross-over special! the guys from bard-quest showed up. as did the stump of death from jail-break.

starburst98
2009-01-17, 10:15 PM
double post cause i think it's important. seems ms paint adventure style games are becoming popular due to one fan made one: ruby quest. it plays the same way, with mass suggestion but it is survival horror genre.

scene:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/starburst1776/1229621475869.gif

Gez
2009-02-07, 07:08 PM
You know, the universe makes a lot of sense once you know its fundamental subatomic elements include things such as the Higgs Bonehead and the Moron Neutrino.

FalconerLombard
2009-02-13, 10:02 PM
I found the link to this comic on the VG cats page. Pure awesome in a can is all I can say. Favorite scene is probably the part where he forgets to throw the thugs in before him.

This post may or may not have existed... or maybe it was just a pumpkin.

Flabbicus
2009-02-16, 12:15 AM
SEPULCHRITUDE!

It is truly glorious.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_BI1QbGumFD0/RjSHR4WVCQI/AAAAAAAAACQ/DRszw61L43Q/s320/sad_smiley.gif

ericgrau
2009-02-23, 12:48 PM
Only in this comic could the most powerful weapons in the universe be a feather and a typewriter, and the ultimate stat / BBEG's only weakness? Charisma Pulchritude.

Enlong
2009-02-23, 02:46 PM
Actually, his weaknesses being, in order, Sugar, Emotions, and SICK BURN!

Also yes. Only in this comic.

And I would like to take a moment to say that that is the most bitingly UNPLEASANT NOTE that I have ever seen in my life.
I mean it's just-
just not nice.

averagejoe
2009-02-23, 02:53 PM
This is quite possibly the most satisfyingly epic thing I've ever read. And it's a hard boiled detective story.

Adamas
2009-02-24, 03:20 PM
I think this is one of the most awesome webcomics on the net(after OOTS naturally) and it never fails to surprise me. I hate every day it doesn't update

Enlong
2009-02-24, 11:30 PM
So, apparently, he's aiming to have the Problem Sleuth story wrapped up by March 10, a year to the day that it began. Can't wait to see how he manages to wrap it all up. Though I have some ideas: for one, Ace Dlck is now the "Strongest Man on Earth". Remember the requirement for carrying the Megaton Key?

Hopefully, he can also get the backlog of Donation commands done by then. I actually have one ready to be made, by the way.

Freako
2009-02-26, 01:54 AM
One health meter left.

...You know, when they do kill DMK, won't MK still have two imaginary lives left? :smalleek:

It might be a good idea to kill the real MK first...

Enlong
2009-02-26, 10:49 AM
One health meter left.

...You know, when they do kill DMK, won't MK still have two imaginary lives left? :smalleek:

It might be a good idea to kill the real MK first...

Nah, DMK used ABSTRACTED THOUGHT, remember? Much like the candy mecha, FPI, and GPI, their staying alive is now independent of the life of the one that created them.

memnarch
2009-02-27, 12:09 AM
Exercise in futility seems a good way to put it.

Least he know what we're thinking. :smalltongue:

someonenonotyou
2009-02-27, 01:16 PM
Oh my GPI that is a lot of healt bars :eek::smalleek::eek:

Enlong
2009-03-10, 11:23 PM
'tis complete. 'tis finally complete.

And it was glorious.

memnarch
2009-03-11, 04:27 PM
Yay! We won the game! :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2009-03-31, 11:10 AM
Recently read through this comic... The Urge to homebrew a "Sleuth Diplomat" class is overwhelming.

ericgrau
2009-03-31, 01:16 PM
I dunno, what's the big deal about sleuth diplomacy? It's only the use of charisma/"diplomacy" to solve fights with aggression. Albeit totally awesome style aggression.
<cough> <==== </cough>

Ahem.

Mewtarthio
2009-04-10, 06:04 PM
New story "Homestruck" begins now. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=5&p=001893)

Woah, it's animated! Weird...

ericgrau
2009-05-01, 11:00 AM
New story "Homestruck" begins now. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=5&p=001893)

Woah, it's animated! Weird...

That's the beta I think. Better starting point here (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6). Or just follow the link from the main page. It starts kinda slow but then gets good like Problem Sleuth. I'm beginning to like the style changes.

banthesun
2009-06-10, 03:51 AM
Bumping this because:
1. It's awesome
2. **** just got very real indeed...

Check the suggestion page if you don't believe me.

ichini_sanshigo
2009-06-12, 10:56 AM
I'm glad you resurrected this thread. I kinda didn't want to start a new one just to say how awesome Homestuck is, but I was this close after seeing the latest two updates. Wow.... just wow.

DoubleBlackbird
2009-06-16, 06:56 AM
Andrew Hussie takes webcomicking to strange and scary new levels. (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002153)

Have you found all the easter eggs yet?

Dr. Bath
2009-06-16, 03:58 PM
I found all of one. And some numbers. I guess those have something to do with another easter egg?

chiasaur11
2009-06-16, 04:08 PM
Just started this week.

Up to date now. Awesomeness.

Doran
2009-06-16, 09:09 PM
Easter eggs found:

Ctrl+T written on cliff above tree, allowing you to enter trickster mode, so you can noclip through the map, i.e visit all of an area.

Use Trickster mode to cross the gap near the cut wires, to find the first pumpkin and a meaningless morse code.

Use Trickster mode to go up to the chimney and click on it for Shenanigans i.e.

PS's office + the second pumpkin!

Return via the safe.

Warning: switching back from trickster mode when you're not on a normal gaming surface will cause the flash to freeze.

ichini_sanshigo
2009-06-21, 08:33 PM
It sure is amusing. But too depressing for my taste.

I mean, it's fun to read once in a while, but the futileness of the quests creep me out. It's like something from the mind of that super computer from I have no mouth but I have to scream.

Ya know, I didn't really see that with Problem Sleuth, but Homestuck just seems to get more and more disturbing. In a good, entertaining way, but creepy nonetheless. Rose's offhand remark that her house is about to be on fire from the meteor showers is just one example. The recent melding of John's mother's ashes with that nightmare-fuel kernel sprite is another.

This ostensibly crudely-drawn comic is creeping me out in a way that no horror novels/movies have managed (at least not since I was much younger).

Rutskarn
2009-06-21, 08:41 PM
Yeah, it's macabre and disturbing. That's why I love it so gorram much.

chiasaur11
2009-06-21, 09:43 PM
Yeah, it's macabre and disturbing. That's why I love it so gorram much.

Rutskarn hits the nail right on the head.

Only he left out the hilarious bit. That bit's important.

Jibar
2009-06-22, 02:31 AM
See, I'm fine with the kernal sprite right now.
But that sludge from where his dad and his bunny were is freaking the hell out of me every time it appears and nobody mentions it.
It... just... aaaaaahhhhh. What the hell happened to the bunny!?

Gez
2009-06-22, 03:22 AM
There's the eyes too. A bit more cliché maybe, but part of the hellish WTF going on.

Oh, and the Act 2 player is not the same as the Act 1 player. He, too, is creepy. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/waywardvagabond/anunsealedtunnel/)

ericgrau
2009-07-07, 02:23 PM
"Hey little man, how's it hanging?" Ahahahahaha.:smallbiggrin:

banthesun
2009-07-12, 09:54 AM
The latest "Oh Psyche!" really got me, I was just getting into the feel of the awesome new sylladex!

chiasaur11
2009-07-12, 05:45 PM
Ah, passive aggressive hatred.

Hilarity.

Jibar
2009-07-17, 02:43 AM
...what the **** is THAT!?

chiasaur11
2009-07-17, 01:53 PM

Evil.

EVILEVILEVILEVILEVIL!

Gez
2009-07-17, 02:13 PM

The second half of the kernelsprite. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002151)

Jibar
2009-07-17, 02:36 PM
Whatever it is I'll be seeing it in my nightmares.

Gez
2009-07-17, 03:44 PM
And for reference, the first half (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002185).

ichini_sanshigo
2009-07-17, 04:51 PM
I honestly cannot decide which one is worse.

Coffee_Dragon
2009-07-18, 09:23 AM
The second half of the kernelsprite. (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002151)

No, the monsters were already in the house before the kernel divided.

And for reference, the first half (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002185).

No, that's the sprite.

Freako
2009-07-27, 12:08 AM
HOLY (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002297) BOOP (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002300).

I think MSPA is now officially the greatest thing on the internet.

chiasaur11
2009-07-27, 12:11 AM
HOLY (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002297) BOOP (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002300).

I think MSPA is now officially the greatest thing on the internet.

I wouldn't go that far.

Still, it's awesome. Even if there's a glitch if you try to sneak behind the monster-y guy.

Freako
2009-07-27, 12:18 AM
Ok, fine, maybe it's only the second or third most awesome thing on the internet. :smalltongue:

averagejoe
2009-07-27, 12:49 AM
Well, notably, Homestuck has managed to move out from under Problem Sleuth's shadow, able to be it's own thing while still being just as great. HS was shaky at first, but I really have been impressed with how far it has come. PS is a tough act to follow, but HS has been following it impressively.

Coffee_Dragon
2009-07-28, 06:28 AM
And just after you said that, the page with the ECHELADDER veers sharply back into PS territory. Both are amazing, though.

banthesun
2009-08-07, 09:37 AM
Damnit! Just when I'm about to write this off as most awesome thing ever Dave makes terribly annoying refferences!

ichini_sanshigo
2009-08-07, 11:11 AM
I pretty curious as to the identity of the cloaked figure who dwells years in the future (but not too many). And I can't wait to see Garden Gnostic. Maybe they're he same person, but I kinda doubt it. GG doesn't seem like the type to need a book on etiquette. More like the type to plant it there for future use, though.

littlequietguy
2009-08-09, 01:09 AM
Guys what if there was a Ms Paint Adventures VIDEO GAME.

A point-and-click by Telltale games!
I would want some sort of PS sequel thing.

someonenonotyou
2009-08-09, 02:08 AM
yeah that would be awesome but not a PS sequel that would ruin it sequels are bad a brand spanking new story would be awesome thought

banthesun
2009-08-09, 03:29 AM
Actualy, I believe someone was actually making a version of PS on their forums. It was still looking very primitive when I last saw it, but it'd still be fun.

Fri
2009-08-09, 10:12 AM
Holy boop. Just catching up homestruct. This is really one of the greatest webcomic in the net. It's not a simple webcomic anymore, it's a multimedia experience!

The song that plays when nanasprite explains the... plot. Awesome. I always think that the only thing that's missing from book/one thing that movies got better than books is soundtrack. And now I'm getting that!

Imagine if there's a soundtrack playing when we're reading OOTS' Crayon story...

Lord_Asmodeus
2009-08-09, 12:59 PM
Man, I just got all caught up on Homestruck, and I'm super sad there isn't more to read yet :smallfrown:

Gundato
2009-08-13, 09:28 PM
Homestuck is fun. The actual plot is just spectacular, thus far.

But I find myself cringing in between. The author chose to use "inside" jokes with all the characters (Rose with her irony, other guy with his brother and the idiotic websites and jokes that are supposed to suck), but as a result he fell into a common trap. Inside jokes just aren't funny to outsiders, and he spends too long on them. I realize they are supposed to obviously be inside jokes, thus making the inside joke an outside joke. But it just ends up feeling like an inside joke anyway.

Oy, that is hard to put into words. Let's use a comparison.

The first Starship Troopers movie (with Casper the supersoldier, Doogie the Nazi psyker, Michael Ironside, and Dina Meyer's boobs) used the newscasts as satire of pro-war propaganda. But they went too far, and did it too often, and it just felt like it was over the top and cheesy propaganda. It was still entertaining (in a B-Movie kind of way), but it became the exact thing it was mocking.

Same thing here.

banthesun
2009-08-14, 02:16 AM
Homestuck is fun. The actual plot is just spectacular, thus far.

But I find myself cringing in between. The author chose to use "inside" jokes with all the characters (Rose with her irony, other guy with his brother and the idiotic websites and jokes that are supposed to suck), but as a result he fell into a common trap. Inside jokes just aren't funny to outsiders, and he spends too long on them. I realize they are supposed to obviously be inside jokes, thus making the inside joke an outside joke. But it just ends up feeling like an inside joke anyway.

Oy, that is hard to put into words. Let's use a comparison.

The first Starship Troopers movie (with Casper the supersoldier, Doogie the Nazi psyker, Michael Ironside, and Dina Meyer's boobs) used the newscasts as satire of pro-war propaganda. But they went too far, and did it too often, and it just felt like it was over the top and cheesy propaganda. It was still entertaining (in a B-Movie kind of way), but it became the exact thing it was mocking.

Same thing here.

I didn't find these as inside jokes (except the awesome bro thing, but that was more a running gag). I just thought they were simple forms of characterisation

Prince_Selm
2009-08-25, 05:59 PM
I believe that the Remix of Showtime (Imp Strife Version) is one of the best pieces of music I have ever heard. (and certainly the best from a comic. :smalltongue:)

zerombr
2009-08-25, 06:29 PM
glad to see other people read this series too, heck, it's where I got my spoiler text from.

Homestuck is okay so far, but it's focusing on the new things Andrew is doing, and not the fun lampooning that Problem Sleuth had by the ton.

Fri
2009-08-25, 07:48 PM
I believe that the Remix of Showtime (Imp Strife Version) is one of the best pieces of music I have ever heard. (and certainly the best from a comic. :smalltongue:)

It's really epic, but for some reason I prefer skies of skala.

Jibar
2009-09-13, 04:19 AM
I am now so glad that somebody made John use Hammers for his Strife Specibus.

It has led to the most glorious weapon in webcomics.

zerombr
2009-09-13, 08:17 AM
I like how that tied together also, all thanks to a book about Harry Anderson.

someonenonotyou
2009-09-18, 06:47 PM
HOLY CRAP can anyone say boss fight

cause i can Boss fight

BRC
2009-09-21, 11:30 AM
...Epicness (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002565)

Jibar
2009-09-21, 12:04 PM
God damn it Hussie.

You manipulative cur.

zerombr
2009-09-21, 01:22 PM
anyone who knows Andrew should've already guessed that he was going to cut away right then. the trick isn't quite old yet, but it's certainly worn out the welcome mat.

ericgrau
2009-09-25, 09:16 AM
Democracy!!!! Lol.

DoubleBlackbird
2009-09-25, 12:09 PM
Oh Wayward Vagabond, you lovable scamp.

jet082
2009-09-28, 12:09 PM
Any guesses as to who WV really is?

I vote for Lil Cal.

BRC
2009-09-28, 12:47 PM
I wonder how the residents of Cantown will react to the new influx of residents.

TooManySecrets
2009-09-28, 10:04 PM
where doing it man
where MAKING THIS HAPEN

Also, guess for WV: he's part of the dark race (or whatever it's called) and he's in the future, after the dark defeats the light. But don't worry, it'll all work out in the end.

Predictions:
Chance of a monster being summoned out of Rose's book: 83.4%
Chance of book being used for Kernelsprite: 53.8%
Chance of plug-in pandimensional windows being used at some point: 12.5%
Chance of Lil' Cal being used for Kernelsprite: 100%
Chance of Rose's dead cat being used for Kernelsprite: 93.0%
Chance of GG not showing up on Wayward Vagabond's Quad-Screen even though the other three do: 73.4%
Chance of Dave's Bro knowing what's going on with SBURB already: 100% (he's too cool and ironic to not know)

BRC
2009-09-28, 11:17 PM
where doing it man
where MAKING THIS HAPEN

Also, guess for WV: he's part of the dark race (or whatever it's called) and he's in the future, after the dark defeats the light. But don't worry, it'll all work out in the end.

Predictions:
Chance of a monster being summoned out of Rose's book: 83.4%
Chance of book being used for Kernelsprite: 53.8%
Chance of plug-in pandimensional windows being used at some point: 12.5%
Chance of Lil' Cal being used for Kernelsprite: 100%
Chance of Rose's dead cat being used for Kernelsprite: 93.0%
Chance of GG not showing up on Wayward Vagabond's Quad-Screen even though the other three do: 73.4%
Chance of Dave's Bro knowing what's going on with SBURB already: 100% (he's too cool and ironic to not know)
Daves BRO knows, he's just not doing anything about it, Ironically.

Also, what do you bet that said BRO has Puppetkind allocated in his Strife Specibus. With Lil Cal as his weapon of Choice. Lil Cal BTW is the ultimate Puppetkind weapon.

Enlong
2009-09-28, 11:59 PM
What if he's being ironic... ironically, and he's not really ironic?
except he is!

zerombr
2009-09-29, 06:26 AM
my question is, is the city really burning to the ground? I did see a building coming down in the background...

BRC
2009-09-29, 11:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
LIL CAL!
Why did you do it dave, WHY

Also, floaty bird thingy?

Simius
2009-09-30, 12:40 AM
It's obviously the GHOST CROW (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002255), trying to avenge his own death.

Or...

Maybe Dave's kernelsprite prototyped with the dead bird, but that would mean we're looking quite a bit into the future there.

Jibar
2009-09-30, 02:07 AM
Well Dave has been a little bit into the past thus far. And his brother has got a copy of the game.
But I think his Bro killed Cal. I don't know why, but I know that's how it'll turn out.

Also, how has Rose's Mother locked that camera in on her wizard? And what does that countdown do?

So many questions!

TakeV
2009-10-02, 11:41 AM
WV is now lovably awesome.

jet082
2009-10-03, 10:57 AM
I feel like we could be a bit more productive than wasting away hours while the timer counts down. I don't think it'll be good.

Gez
2009-10-03, 12:12 PM
I feel like we could be a bit more productive than wasting away hours while the timer counts down. I don't think it'll be good.

If the outcome were anything good, it would be seriously out of character for Sburbian equipment.

littlequietguy
2009-10-03, 12:16 PM
With all the D&D sodas now in production they should sell Tab soda on the Websites store. I'd drink it.

Mewtarthio
2009-10-04, 12:37 AM
You know, I'm fairly certain that freshly appearified pumpkin was in Garden Gnostic's room...

EDIT:http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4306/gardengnostic.png (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/gardengnostic.png/)

Yup. Looks the same to me.

ericgrau
2009-10-05, 10:15 AM
With all the D&D sodas now in production they should sell Tab soda on the Websites store. I'd drink it.
You missed the joke?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:17LU5kN7Z7UmmM:http://www.macuser.com/images/2007/04/Tab%2520cans.jpg
Available in some supermarkets.

General Valter
2009-10-05, 10:44 AM
You know, I'm fairly certain that freshly appearified pumpkin was in Garden Gnostic's room...

You can be just about certain that pumpkin is going to be necessary for a puzzle at GG's room. Cue pointlessly long side-quest to get it returned from the future.

BRC
2009-10-05, 10:48 AM
You can be just about certain that pumpkin is going to be necessary for a puzzle at GG's room. Cue pointlessly long side-quest to get it returned from the future.

Wait, so is this what's been going on with all the vanishing/appearing pumpkins.

Gez
2009-10-05, 01:37 PM
You missed the joke?
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:17LU5kN7Z7UmmM:http://www.macuser.com/images/2007/04/Tab%2520cans.jpg
Available in some supermarkets.

Or, to be more complete: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tab_(soft_drink)

Radar
2009-10-05, 01:46 PM
I would rather say, that GardenGnostic knew, where to put the pumpkin, so it would be apperified in the future, because it is needed there. She seems that kind of a person.

Wait, so is this what's been going on with all the vanishing/appearing pumpkins.
What pumpkins? :smalltongue:

On a side-note: those weird flowers in GG room seem to have a lot of familiar spirographs in them (or it's just a coincidance).

BRC
2009-10-05, 01:52 PM
What pumpkins? :smalltongue:
THESE F***ING PUMPKINS (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001298)

Hands_Of_Blue
2009-10-05, 02:40 PM

EDIT:http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/4306/gardengnostic.png (http://img44.imageshack.us/i/gardengnostic.png/)

Yup. Looks the same to me. But if the first two numbers (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002640) on the appearifier are Latitude and Longitude, then Garden Gnostic would live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Mewtarthio
2009-10-05, 05:35 PM
But if the first two numbers (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002640) on the appearifier are Latitude and Longitude, then Garden Gnostic would live in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

I also note some seabirds in the background...

BRC
2009-10-05, 10:05 PM
Maybe Garden Gnostic lives on a boat, or an island.

banthesun
2009-10-06, 07:53 AM
Maybe Garden Gnostic lives on a boat, or an island.

Or a giant tower prodruding from the sea, from which she gazes into the future of the world and moves the pieces of her mysterious game!

Egad I need some sleep.

Gez
2009-10-11, 02:44 AM
Epic.

And awesome.

Jibar
2009-10-11, 03:30 AM
Hoohoooleeee Crap.
That is absolutely epic.

DoubleBlackbird
2009-10-11, 08:01 AM
Oh man DAD just walloped those imps and he never even dropped his pipe

How does this thread not have more than five pages? Surely there isn't a webcomic on the Internet that can match MSPA at the moment.

Gez
2009-10-11, 08:19 AM
How does this thread not have more than five pages?

Leaving people speechless is not a good way to maintain active threads. :smalltongue:

AmberVael
2009-10-11, 09:31 AM
You know, I thought when Homestuck started that it wouldn't be able to match Problem Sleuth before it.

I was beginning to suspect that I was wrong at some point around when the music started.
This update solidly hammers (pogo-hammers!) my lower expectations into the grave. Amazing. The style of this comic has progressed ever since the beginning, and I can't see how it could possibly get better.

I guess I'll just have to keep watching to figure out. :smallamused:

zerombr
2009-10-11, 09:32 AM
wow, that was a heckuva post. Even more epic than the end of act one. Andrew Hussie is really showing his talent, he's improved so much!

I think I have to start worshipping him, or something soon, if not now.

infinitypanda
2009-10-11, 11:22 AM
Man, the end of act 2 video was pretty damn intense.

ichini_sanshigo
2009-10-11, 11:38 AM
Well, that was just jaw-dropping awesomeness. John's dad and his mad skillz with shaving cream and birthday cake, Rose's mom and the secret passageway, the appearance of Dave's bro, and everything else... just gah!

To think, I was disappointed because the new season of Lost (my source for mystery and suspense, and one of the 3 TV shows I watch) wasn't slated to start until January. Screw Lost, MS Paint Adventures owns Lost.

I can't wait to see what happens next. My guess: We switch to the Peregrine Mendicant.

Domochevsky
2009-10-11, 01:22 PM
Y'know, i wasn't much into MSPA, but then i archive binged it, finishing a week ago or so. Now i follow it semi-regularly.
Overall opinion: Hot damn! That last 'page' was all kinds of hot. http://nudecreator.org/Domochevsky/onfire.gif

BRC
2009-10-11, 01:41 PM
Finally, the Sweet Bro appears!

Also, a Wizard Imp! Does this imply there are Puppet Imps as well?

littlequietguy
2009-10-11, 10:41 PM
Did I tell you about the time I talked with someone about Homestuck for 3 minutes and then spontaneously flipped to a random page in the dictionary and got the word grist? Great times...

Darkcomet
2009-10-11, 11:31 PM
>.>
<.<

*deactivate lurk mode*

Now... Is it just me, or was anyone else reminded of Final Fantasy 6 by that page?

Domochevsky
2009-10-12, 03:29 AM
Now... Is it just me, or was anyone else reminded of Final Fantasy 6 by that page?

...no? :smallconfused:

Ratzinkaiser
2009-10-12, 04:31 AM
Finally, the Sweet Bro appears!

Also, a Wizard Imp! Does this imply there are Puppet Imps as well?

I think that imp's wizard hat was plundered from John's magic chest, the one he retrieved his arms from, much like they looted the handcuffs and various other artifacts of japery. I think this particular one was seen in the garden previously.
Poor fellow, possibly having survived Rose's onslaught of dropping things on the imps only to have to face the might and calm fury of John's father, dual-wielding a cake and shaving cream. Such is a force I wouldn't wish to face.

Now I'm wondering what mischief Peregrine Mendicant will get up to in his (?) scenario, and how he'll be connected to our four heroes from years in the past (but not many).

zerombr
2009-10-12, 06:33 AM
>.>
<.<

*deactivate lurk mode*

only in the regard that they both show the end of the world halfway through or so...

Darkcomet
2009-10-12, 10:40 AM
*shrug* I thought the music seemed kinda familiar too, but I could be imagining things, as I haven't played FF6 in a while.

BRC
2009-10-12, 11:38 PM
Predictions: Four Heroes are mentioned:the Heir of Breath and Seer of Light, the Knight of Time and Witch of Space. Four Heroes, four kids. Coincidence, I Think Not.
Witch of Space: Clearly Rose, with her tendency towards the occult.
Knight of Time: I'm thinking Dave here, though that may just be because he has a sword.
Heir of Breath: Somthing tells me this is John, but I don't know why I think that.
Seer of Light: process of elimination leaves GardenGnostic, but considering how much of that elimination is based on m too-high Imagination Stat...

Khosan
2009-10-12, 11:52 PM
I think Dave is more likely to be the Heir of Breath. 'Breath' strikes me as an indication of a degree of wordiness and Dave is a rapper.

Also, I'm not sure if the Witch of Space is guaranteed to be Rose. It could be GardenGnostic, what with her 'spooky powers'.

Radar
2009-10-13, 12:56 AM
I think Dave is more likely to be the Heir of Breath. 'Breath' strikes me as an indication of a degree of wordiness and Dave is a rapper.

Also, I'm not sure if the Witch of Space is guaranteed to be Rose. It could be GardenGnostic, what with her 'spooky powers'.
Then Rose would probably have to be the Heir of the Breath (because i don't see her as the Seer of Light) - she is quite wordy. That would make John the Seer of Light for some reason (more likely him then Dave anyway). It doesn't seem to fit well.

GardenGnostic is an iconic Seer and the only other girl is Rose, so she will most probably be the Witch.

Khosan
2009-10-13, 01:17 AM
Oh. I've had a thought.

The Heir of Breath might be John too. Seeing as this incredibly verbose, mildly racist, epic-length tome has been heired to him over the generations.

Other thoughts. Dave could be the Seer of Light, in a kind of sketchy way (the way light plays off of his sunglasses is pretty central in how he's animated). Assuming John's the Heir and Dave's the Seer kind of fits too, as it puts them together in a single pairing and the girls in the other.

Following that, assuming Rose is the Witch (which is pretty likely) that leaves GG to be the Knight. In spite of the gender-reversal on what it usually means to be a knight, it's kind of likely given said spooky seer powers.

ichini_sanshigo
2009-10-13, 01:34 AM
One of the theories on the MPSA boards was that each each player was associated with one of the four elements. This was based on their cinematic comics and the general theme of their area. John was air (windchimes, the sound of air, his medium location being suspended on a spire miles above a seeming abyss). Rose was water (the constant rain in her area). Dave was obviously fire (the unseasonable heat wave, the hypnotic sun), and GG was earth (during her brief appearance she looked to be standing in a greenhouse, surrounded by plants). The theory was pretty tight and matched up nicely with the appearance of the 4 planets.

Following the same line of thought:

The Heir of Breath is John. The Seer of Light is Dave. The Knight of Time is GG, as her foreknowledge of events implies either clairvoyance or time travel. And the Witch of Space is Rose, what with her study of the occult. :smallcool:

Mewtarthio
2009-10-13, 01:41 PM
I think John's clearly the Heir of Breath, given both his tendency to follow in his father's footsteps and the fact that his heirloom (Sassacre) is pretty important. Garden Gnostic's clairvoyance could feasibly let her qualify for any of the other three slots, but I'm fairly certain Rose is the Witch of Space (due to her interest in the occult). Dave's not shown any seer tendencies, but he does have an actual weapon allocated to his strife specibus, so I'd go with Knight of Time for him and Seer of Light for GG.

DoubleBlackbird
2009-10-13, 01:52 PM
Guys. Heir of Breath is John, Seer of Light is Betty Crocker, Knight of Time is the harlequin figurine and Witch of Space is an amalgam of both Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. Gotta be!

ichini_sanshigo
2009-10-13, 02:53 PM
Guys. Heir of Breath is John, Seer of Light is Betty Crocker, Knight of Time is the harlequin figurine and Witch of Space is an amalgam of both Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. Gotta be!

Well, obviously.

BRC
2009-10-13, 04:37 PM
Well, obviously.

At some point, Dave will summon both Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff, they will throw somebody down some stairs.

Gez
2009-10-13, 04:38 PM
Dave's not shown any seer tendencies, but he does have an actual weapon allocated to his strife specibus, so I'd go with Knight of Time for him

If you read "time" as "tempo" and remember his hauntingly sick beats, it makes sense! :smallwink:

Radar
2009-10-14, 03:41 AM
I can bet one internet, that the note in GardenGnostic's hand is her real name. :smallbiggrin:

Gez
2009-10-14, 03:54 AM
Nah, it was just a rejection. But she has a real name now: Jade Harley. It had been predicted it would be a four-letter first name and a six-letter family name through the magic of arc numbers (4 and 13: Egbert + Strider = 13 letters, Lalonde + Harley = 13 letters), a verified prediction.

Radar
2009-10-14, 04:09 AM
Ack! I would so lose my internet! :smalleek:

Gez
2009-10-14, 05:45 AM
Her tee shirt symbol keeps changing with every command. First atom, then pumpkin, now a leaf that looks like the Spades card suit...

Zanaril
2009-10-14, 04:07 PM
Her tee shirt symbol keeps changing with every command. First atom, then pumpkin, now a leaf that looks like the Spades card suit...

I'm pretty sure it was never a pumpkin.

memnarch
2009-10-15, 12:19 AM
I'm pretty sure it was never a pumpkin.

Definitely not a Pumpkin (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002667).

Zanaril
2009-10-15, 01:08 AM
Argh!:smallsigh: That's not how you hold a flute!

And they definitely don't sound like that! :smalltongue:

memnarch
2009-10-15, 01:13 AM
Personally, I think it sounds a bit like an ocarina.

Mewtarthio
2009-10-15, 02:12 AM

And, really, how does a video game summon frickin' meteors? This comic is one of the most unrealistic, poorly-researched pieces of tripe I've ever laid eyes on. It's almost as bad as that time he claimed everyone shares the same realm of imagination in which they fight demons with candy.

Radar
2009-10-15, 02:54 AM
And, really, how does a video game summon frickin' meteors? This comic is one of the most unrealistic, poorly-researched pieces of tripe I've ever laid eyes on. It's almost as bad as that time he claimed everyone shares the same realm of imagination in which they fight demons with candy.
And a glaring, blatant Deus Ex Machina (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001486).

Zanaril
2009-10-15, 01:24 PM

Magic! Or technology! Or both! But we know that it's not just a video game, that's the whole point!

There is no reason, nor indication for the flute to be magic.

See how that works?

And a glaring, blatant Deus Ex Machina (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=4&p=001486).

Thing is, a Deus ex machina is 'An unexpected, artificial, or improbable character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot.'.

We already knew about the Pickle God.

BRC
2009-10-15, 01:29 PM

Maybe the fact that she is holding it wrong is why it sounds wrong.

Zanaril
2009-10-15, 02:07 PM
Maybe the fact that she is holding it wrong is why it sounds wrong.

I'll go and check.

Edit: Nope, it just sounds more squeeky if you blow across the mouthpiece the wrong way. What they have there sounds like a recorder. :smalltongue:

Anyway, it's impossible to hold a flute like that and still be able to press the keys. Not unless you can dislocate your fingers.

Gez
2009-10-15, 02:32 PM
Press L or A. If, what you object about on the ground of realism is how she holds the flute, you have screwed up priorities. :smallbiggrin:

The simplistic and not-really-accurate animations are part of the whole "imitation of a retro graphic adventure computer game" gimmick.

There's also no indication for her tee to be magic.

Radar
2009-10-15, 02:42 PM
(...)
Thing is, a Deus ex machina is 'An unexpected, artificial, or improbable character, device, or event introduced suddenly in a work of fiction or drama to resolve a situation or untangle a plot.'.

We already knew about the Pickle God.
Umm... i tought that *the magic word* (http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r362/Mariorck/Motivational%20Posters/Irony.jpg) was visible enough considering the picture i linked. And i really liked GPI's old fashioned Singer. :smallsmile:

Zanaril
2009-10-15, 02:48 PM
Umm... i tought that *the magic word* (http://i353.photobucket.com/albums/r362/Mariorck/Motivational%20Posters/Irony.jpg) was visible enough considering the picture i linked. And i really liked GPI's old fashioned Singer. :smallsmile:

Just because you were being ironic doesn't mean I can't argue back. :smalltongue:

DoubleBlackbird
2009-10-15, 02:49 PM
It's a silly flute refrain. Jade owns a silly flute.

It is silly in that it does not work like a flute or sound like one, but that's just the level of silliness Jade is working at.

Radar
2009-10-15, 03:14 PM
Just because you were being ironic doesn't mean I can't argue back. :smalltongue:
Point taken. :smallsmile:
And i'm not giving it back! Ha!

Anyway, there are many a dozen symmetries between the four heroes (including the musical intermission), so any guesses on strife specibus choice and family-member-who-is-not-quite-an-adversary? I'm still undecided on that matter, but the weapon of choice should be plant-related (or something completly random, becuase Jade is such a silly young lass). Oh! We haven't seen her fetch modus as well. I can't think of any basic data storage method, we haven't seen as yet.

multilis
2009-10-15, 03:22 PM
And, really, how does a video game summon frickin' meteors? This comic is one of the most unrealistic, poorly-researched pieces of tripe I've ever laid eyes on. It's almost as bad as that time he claimed everyone shares the same realm of imagination in which they fight demons with candy.Will you also be arguing that the Weekly World News is unrealistic?

I believe the comic is a parody and exageration of silly computer adventure/puzzle games.

BRC
2009-10-15, 03:22 PM
Point taken. :smallsmile:
And i'm not giving it back! Ha!

Anyway, there are many a dozen symmetries between the four heroes (including the musical intermission), so any guesses on strife specibus choice and family-member-who-is-not-quite-an-adversary? I'm still undecided on that matter, but the weapon of choice should be plant-related (or something completly random, becuase Jade is such a silly young lass). Oh! We haven't seen her fetch modus as well. I can't think of any basic data storage method, we haven't seen as yet.
To keep with the pattern, Jade will have an older sister, to counterbalance Dave's Sweet Bro, though I would not rule out an Aunt, Uncle, Grandparent, or Scientist that cloned Jade from the cells of his dead daughter.

Gez
2009-10-15, 03:35 PM
Jade's relative is her grand dad (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002282), who is badass, and she also has a pet named Bec. Her fetch modus is something that Dave finds goofy and migraine-inducing.

banthesun
2009-10-15, 06:45 PM
Oh. Dear. Becisanoctopus! IknowitIknowitIknowit! :smalleek:

Gez
2009-10-16, 04:35 AM
Jade has a large collection of fetch modii, apparently. And given which one they are, I agree with Dave about it.

Radar
2009-10-18, 07:22 AM
Mmm... i can taste key lime (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002682) pie (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0002.html). :smallbiggrin:

ichini_sanshigo
2009-10-18, 06:06 PM
They have faces! WHY DO THEY HAVE FACES?! :smalleek:

banthesun
2009-10-19, 05:14 AM
Why would anyone take the stairs?

Radar
2009-10-19, 12:54 PM
More important: why is there SBURB-like equipment in Jade's house (TRANSPORTALIZER and that weird case/cabinet/safe upstairs)?
Suspiiiiiiiciouuuuuus! :smalltongue:

Gez
2009-10-19, 01:12 PM
More important: why is there SBURB-like equipment in Jade's house (TRANSPORTALIZER and that weird case/cabinet/safe upstairs)?
Suspiiiiiiiciouuuuuus! :smalltongue:

And the spirograph flowers all around Jade... See also the spirograph insignia on the tower in Rose's house, and how John's dad collected newspaper clippings about meteorite falls (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002445).

Frogwarrior
2009-10-19, 01:41 PM
Has anyone mentioned the fact that the site of the Wayward Vagabond's hideout is the site of Rose's house (likely the secret bunker her MOM activated)?

As evidence, I present that int he first few seconds of the recent animated update (the awesome one, y'know), when it's doing shots of the desert landscape... for just a fraction of a second, a grey stone hand holding an orb come into view.

Looking exactly like the hand and orb from this wizard (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002258).

banthesun
2009-10-19, 05:42 PM
I've seen rose wearing the sburb spirograph on that mysterious shirt of hers several times. Perhaps our heros' carers are the designers of the game.

Gez
2009-10-19, 10:21 PM
It's an atom symbol rather than a spirograph.

Khosan
2009-10-19, 11:52 PM
Has anyone mentioned the fact that the site of the Wayward Vagabond's hideout is the site of Rose's house (likely the secret bunker her MOM activated)?

I imagine the Sburb-tube might be a relic similar to the Sburb-sphere that sprouted from the giant tree at the site of John's crater.

banthesun
2009-10-20, 01:45 AM
It's an atom symbol rather than a spirograph.

Not this one.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/00783.gif

I think I saw another one earlier, but can't find it.

BRC
2009-10-20, 07:45 AM
...She has a signed "Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff" poster...

Gez
2009-10-20, 07:49 AM
...She has a signed "Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff" poster...

... With added cat ears...

BRC
2009-10-21, 12:17 AM
...Jades Grandfather is PROBLEM SLEUTH!

Frogwarrior
2009-10-21, 12:41 AM
Not this one.

http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/00783.gif

I think I saw another one earlier, but can't find it.

That was the symbol on the Appearifier!

Also, I agree that the Sburb-tube may well be a meteor-relic... the question on my mind is, remember what the item John needed to create to enter the Incipisphere was? An apple, that fell from a tree (which subsequently vanished). Is it a coincidence that the Sburb-relic which appeared at the site happens to be a round object that fell from a tree? I have my doubts! So the question is, what will Rose's item be? To that, I have no clue - a candle? I dunno.

banthesun
2009-10-21, 02:12 AM
A wand, perhaps?

RedSolitaire
2009-10-21, 12:45 PM
...Jades Grandfather is PROBLEM SLEUTH!

You have no idea how much I want this to be true

BRC
2009-10-21, 12:47 PM
You have no idea how much I want this to be true

He's basking in his own Intensity and Charisma. Obviously, he's still feeling the aftereffects of Sepulchuritude.

Mewtarthio
2009-10-21, 01:04 PM
Actually, I kind of suspected that from the start, and this all but confirms it.

Gez
2009-10-23, 09:26 AM
I wonder what happened around the Frog Temple: the crater seems to have shifted to where the volcano was. Did the volcano collapse and crumble upon its magmatic chamber, while the impact crater was completely filled? Or is it a consistency issue?
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4737/frogtemple.gif (http://img10.imageshack.us/i/frogtemple.gif/)

memnarch
2009-10-23, 10:26 AM
Maybe a meteor hit it?

Gez
2009-10-23, 10:41 AM
It did, and then the frog temple was built in the impact crater.

If you mean "after", then we can safely rule it out. The impact would have destroyed the temple, and it wouldn't have filled the older crater anyway.

littlequietguy
2009-10-23, 08:10 PM
Sb&Hj wiki! (http://sbhj.wikia.com/wiki/Sweet_Bro_and_Hella_Jeff_Wiki)

And yes. I did know about it before the creator linked to it in his news section. Brownie point for me.

Khosan
2009-10-23, 11:27 PM
Oooh. Looks like Jade might live at the frog temple.

Or that's just a random volcano.

banthesun
2009-10-24, 01:53 AM
Didn't we figure out that Jade's house was on an island? So is the frog temple. Also while watching the [S]Ascend! update again I spotted another spirograph on a tower at Rose's house. Interesting

Fri
2009-10-24, 04:46 AM
just catching the stories up again, and finally reached the ascend part. It's really epic.

By the way, anyone here can give me the link to that part when nana explained the struggle between light and darkness to john? The one with two king chess piece locked in battle forever? I've tried to search it, but can't remember what to search.

DoubleBlackbird
2009-10-24, 05:40 AM
Nanna's spiel begins here (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002320), and the part with the two kings is here (http://mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002323).

As an aside: Squiddles are adorable.

Gez
2009-10-24, 05:55 AM
Jade isn't silly, she's insane! :smalleek:

Frogwarrior
2009-10-25, 09:12 PM
Best I can figure it, Jade lives in the Frog Temple, and at some point in the near future a meteor is going to hit in her "backyard," i.e., the volcano. Not a big enough one to cause the crater we see when WV arrives (since, as pointed out, that would destroy the FT), but enough to make the volcano collapse into a cavity of some sort.

zerombr
2009-10-26, 06:09 AM
I just noticed something myself. I hadn't updated my bookmarks in a while, so when I click on the one for MSPA, it's this page.
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002562

John's trick handcuffs got swiped, which explains how his Dad escaped from his, because it was the same pair.

Radar
2009-10-27, 09:46 AM
As we can see the frog temple and it's surrounding clearly now, i assume, that the hole next to the temple (as seen in the future) was left after transporting Jade's house into another dimension.

Mewtarthio
2009-10-27, 03:48 PM
And it seems the appearifier's coordinates were accurate: She does live in the middle of the ocean after all. I love it when my totally random speculation turns out to be right.

banthesun
2009-10-27, 05:01 PM
Does anyone else find this adorable?
http://www.mspaintadventures.com/storyfiles/hs2/00820.gif
You've tuned the strings way down of course because your stumpy arms can't reach the low notes.

I'm thinking her strife specubus should be bass kind though...

averagejoe
2009-10-27, 05:27 PM
Does anyone else find this adorable?

Jade in general is pretty adorable.

Gez
2009-10-27, 06:04 PM
She already has riflekind.

Now that we've seen her house, I understand why she rarely uses the stairs. Interesting how the architecture mimics the frog temple.

The sburb flowers are still horribly creepy.

zerombr
2009-10-28, 06:17 AM
another correlation I noticed

John talking to Rose about creation of ladders and platforms above his house, Rose mentioned that stairs cost a lot. John remarks "I could've told you about stairs!"

ie: Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff

Jibar
2009-11-01, 03:34 PM
Oh my God FreshJamz is awesome.
Crowning Musics of Awesome all on one page.

Gez
2009-11-01, 04:10 PM
I guess it counts as musical foreshadowing, as it shows us Jade's musical themes. The little icons represent the characters the themes are linked to.

zerombr
2009-11-01, 05:22 PM
i dunno if I like the FreshJamz I mean, throwing a backbeat on a good tune does not make it better...

Frogwarrior
2009-11-01, 05:26 PM
You mean... maybe Dave isn't, in fact, totally awesome at all things beatacular? :smalleek:

zerombr
2009-11-02, 07:08 AM
lol, I really liked the Midnight Crew bit, even if it's 'old school' now for MSPA, it was worth it to just see PS again.

BRC
2009-11-02, 11:41 AM
It's clear, Homestuck was the irrelevant Interlude. MSPA is now back to the PS storyline, this time focusing on the Midnight Crew and their war with The Felts.

DoubleBlackbird
2009-11-02, 02:30 PM
Oh finally, Act 1031 has started. I hope it's better than Act 1030, that was a really disappointing act. Too much backstory, not enough ULTRA-VIOLENCE CUESTICK.

zerombr
2009-11-02, 06:05 PM
so who the heck is GT?

personally I'm cool with a break showing the Midnight Crew in action, looking forward to it actually.

Domochevsky
2009-11-06, 12:25 PM
Damn, Dave's brother is GOOD. D:
(And that puppet is still scary as f*ck.)

Khosan
2009-11-06, 10:48 PM
I just like the imagery of Lil' Cal dancing on Dave's face.

Fri
2009-11-09, 10:45 AM
John! Oh, the intense fight! the nailbiting suspense!

And man, that is some awesomely epic boss battle music. And since it worth mentioning, awesomely epic boss battle music.

Weimann
2009-11-17, 03:29 PM
I just read to page... *checks* ...1510 of PRoblem Sleuth on an archive binge.

To think that this series started out with him locked in a fake office.

Domochevsky
2009-11-17, 07:36 PM
Well, technically his office and the building it's in is the only real thing in all of PS. But the whole thing is kinda staggering by concept. :smallsmile:

averagejoe
2009-11-17, 08:43 PM
What amazes me is that I honestly can't spot any significant change in the narrative along the whole course of the comic. It's only upon reflection that fighting a giant demon in the sky between worlds seems at all like anything but the natural consequence of a guy trying to get out of his office.

zerombr
2009-11-17, 09:20 PM
Hussie's a frickin deity with how he's able to storyboard alone, with all the tiny things he put into play early on, and how it all comes together. not to mention his new talent in animated scenes in Homestuck

Domochevsky
2009-11-18, 02:09 PM
It probably helps that by now he can most likely cherry pick from what the tons and tons of readers put into that action box. :smallsmile:
(The beginning comics must have been quite chaotic. I didn't read them though. Started with PS.)

Gez
2009-11-18, 02:18 PM
(The beginning comics must have been quite chaotic. I didn't read them though. Started with PS.)

You didn't miss anything of real value. Himself abandoned these two other stories. Jailbreak always took the first command submitted, which -- the Internet being what it is -- usually resulted in attempts at grossing out the reader. The second tried to offer multiple choices, which was an exponentially more difficult prospect and therefore not a viable concept.

HotAndCold
2009-11-18, 06:23 PM
Ugh, yeah, I tried reading Jailbreak and I just couldn't. Too much disgusting potty humor.

Weimann
2009-11-19, 04:26 PM
Hussie's a frickin deity with how he's able to storyboard alone, with all the tiny things he put into play early on, and how it all comes together. not to mention his new talent in animated scenes in HomestuckI fully agree.

I think he is also helped by the nature of the comic itself. Particularly in Problem Sleuth, the first commands and reactions of commands were so ridiculous that they set a high ridiculousity standard. Therefore, one is less prone to question strange events coming up later, and also little things turning big in the end. It's just how the comic works.

But he has mad skills, no question.

Edit: Like in Homestuck.It's really amazing how he can make stuff seem so natural. For example, when I read through the Wayward Vagabond, I caught myself wondering how he carried stuff when he couldn't captchalogue them >.>

Then I was like, oh yeah, hands.

banthesun
2009-11-19, 06:06 PM
I WARNED YOU ABOUT METORITES BIGGER THAN AUSTRALIA!!!!
I TOLD YOU DOG!

But that would have to be too large an area for Jade to explore. Ever.

Mewtarthio
2009-11-19, 08:53 PM
Hussie's a frickin deity with how he's able to storyboard alone, with all the tiny things he put into play early on, and how it all comes together. not to mention his new talent in animated scenes in Homestuck

I think Hussie's actually stated he just makes it look like he planned everything in advance by figuring out later when he can use elements he's already introduced.

Of course, that just changes his talent from "able to create dozens of plot threads at once to subtly interweave them into a coherent whole" to "able to remember dozens of loose threads at once and make it look like they've been subtly interwoven into a coherent whole."

ericgrau
2009-11-19, 09:13 PM
Like how GPI retroactively created all of existance by guiding PI.

So I was getting a differential pumpkin for my car from a guy that another guy knows. I call the second guy to ask him directly about it, he has no idea why I'm calling so he's like "What pumpkin?"

Frogwarrior
2009-11-21, 03:18 PM
Oh man, that was awesome. When Nana attacked the second ogre with the cookie blast... I lol'ed.

Domochevsky
2009-11-21, 08:23 PM
So judging by the amount of hits he dealt that hammer is either woefully weak or those two guys had a brickton HP (most likely). >_>

HotAndCold
2009-11-21, 09:46 PM
Considering how far John just leveled and the general "final boss of this area"-ness of the fight, my money's on brickton of HP.

The pogo hammer also seems to be a charge-type weapon, as it seems to deal more damage the more bounce it builds up before striking, so that may also be a factor.

Domochevsky
2009-11-22, 12:41 AM
Hm true. Could be that he has been just charging it for a few minutes/rounds before delivering actual strikes.

averagejoe
2009-11-22, 02:28 AM
Um, how could a pogo hammer possibly be a weak weapon? It defies sense.

memnarch
2009-11-22, 02:40 AM
Hm true. Could be that he has been just charging it for a few minutes/rounds before delivering actual strikes.

This. At least for me, it seems that the pogo hammer got stronger in the newest battle comic (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002779). There wasn't the green swoosh behind it at the start (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002743).

Radar
2009-11-22, 07:07 AM
Hmm... the imp in this (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002791) panel looks suspiciously similar to Spades Slick (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002230) from Midnight Crew (disregarding the colorful sweater).

banthesun
2009-11-22, 08:09 AM
I'm starting to think the combat mechanic might be more based around teamwork than dammage dealing. The ogres combo attack is what took John out the first time, and it was nanasprite's furniture rain combined with John's bounce (which was only made possible by Rose) that took out the first one, while the cookie beam, a hammer combo and a falling item took out the second. Perhaps a weapon as powerful as the hammer isn't what you need to get far in this game.

Of course, the grist pinata effect would seem to suggest a high level for the game, but nanasprite's riddle seems to suggest to me that the game might involve building not so much a tower, but an entire city, perhaps an equivilent to the kingdom entrenched beyond an impenetrable veil of darkness. The name of the game is SBURB after all...

HotAndCold
2009-11-22, 01:22 PM
Hm, teamwork being a factor isn't out of the question. The set-up of the game itself is one that emphasizes cooperation. It's something to consider.

In other news, John's dad is a badass.

BRC
2009-11-22, 01:50 PM
Hm, teamwork being a factor isn't out of the question. The set-up of the game itself is one that emphasizes cooperation. It's something to consider.

In other news, John's dad is a badass.

But is he more badass than Diamonds Drooge?

Lord Magtok
2009-11-22, 07:30 PM
Hmm... the imp in this (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002791) panel looks suspiciously similar to Spades Slick (http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002230) from Midnight Crew (disregarding the colorful sweater).

A familiar feeling stirs. That feeling is overwhelming, soul-blackening suspicion.

It's the sort of similarity that'll make a man feel totally justified in sporting an unnecessarily elaborate assortment of crackpot theories and guesses.

Rustic Dude
2009-11-23, 09:44 AM
I have red all the Problem Sleuth and Homestuck strips in two days.

Overloaded with awesome. Me needs rest.

Domochevsky
2009-11-24, 12:49 PM
A mutant kitten... sure, why not. What a lovely set of eyes. D::

ichini_sanshigo
2009-11-24, 07:56 PM
IT'S SO ADORABLE!!!!11!!!!!eleventy!!1! XD

banthesun
2009-11-28, 06:18 AM
Oh no! This update is making me cry! She was being so cute too!

Zanaril
2009-11-28, 06:27 AM
...So what exactly is up with Jade? It seems that every new thing we find out about her just raises more questions.

Gez
2009-11-28, 07:08 AM
Well, it's absolutely official: Jade is completely, utterly, totally insane.

Did she... Did she stuff him herself?

Rustic Dude
2009-11-28, 07:35 AM
Well, it's absolutely official: Jade is completely, utterly, totally insane.

She is only a bit Sparkly. :smallbiggrin:

Saurous
2009-11-28, 10:32 AM
Am I the only one who imagines Jade donning Grandpa's hat and mustache to go and hunt animals in the night, a la Psycho?

ichini_sanshigo
2009-11-28, 10:57 AM
This makes me even more curious about her Pesterchum block list. Like, maybe those are all rational people who have tried to talk sense into her, or something. Or maybe they're all simply even more insane than Jade. Either way...

Domochevsky
2009-11-28, 12:07 PM
I concur... she appears to be nucking futs. And narcoleptic. :smalleek:
(Or possibly psychic, being able to talk with the dead on top of her ridiculously vague clairvoyance. Would MAYBE explain all the dead people/animals/creatures/THINGS in her house. >_>)

Weimann
2009-11-28, 12:09 PM
If her grandfather is dead... who lit the fire? >.>