PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Class: Priest, with deity-specific domains. Help me!

Inyssius Tor
2008-10-17, 04:24 PM
This is where the actual write-up goes. Updated 10/17/08.

...I got nothing.

Inyssius Tor
2008-10-17, 04:37 PM
Okay, so I like having divine magic-users that are really different based on the sort of gods they worship. And we need another controller, so ... hey, why not. (Yes, I know there'll be a divine controller, possibly even named the Priest, in the PHBII. Shush.)

So... anyway, I would like each god to have two domains, each with one power per level. Sounds good, right?

Second thought: Channel Divinity is pretty much the cornerstone of the Divine power source, so of course the Priest has that. Perhaps she only starts out with one generic use, but gets her deity's feat for free?

Third thought: we need to assign domains to deities. Start with the obvious ones: the Raven Queen and Vecna both get Death. Sehanine gets Illusions. Corellon and Ioun both get Magic. Kord gets Hitting Things.

Mando Knight
2008-10-17, 04:52 PM
Bahamutcould also fit in with Hitting Things...

Moradin and Erathis get Civilization...

Moradin and... Avandra could get Artistry... (just pulling random domains/portfolios out of their descriptions now...)

erikun
2008-10-17, 05:24 PM
What are domains going to do?

Controllers seem to be mainly about hitting lots of things and causing status effects. While it's possible for a controller to have mostly Close Burst/Blast abilities, you're probably looking more for Ranged and Area Burst abilites (like the Wizard).

Is this Priest going to be a Controller/Leader, much like the Paladin is a Defender/Leader? (That is, a Controller with Leader-like abilities.)