PDA

View Full Version : Vacation.

Tholok Razescar
2008-10-18, 01:44 PM
Just got back from a week's vacation in Tunesia - what a country. It's just like salad - you don't hate it, but you don't enjoy it either.

What's the Playgrounders' favourite vacation country? Mine would be America, I think. It's so damned cool.

randman22222
2008-10-18, 01:46 PM
Hmm. For me, that'd probably be Australia. Despite all the things I've heard about Aussies tending towards xenophobia, they all seemed incredibly nice, and the water sports, naturally, were incredible. The food matched. :smallbiggrin:

...Man I wanna go back some time. :smallsigh:

Tholok Razescar
2008-10-18, 01:48 PM
Hmm. For me, that'd probably be Australia. Despite all the things I've heard about Aussies tending towards xenophobia, they all seemed incredibly nice, and the water sports, naturally, were incredible. The food matched. :smallbiggrin:

...Man I wanna go back some time. :smallsigh:

Shrimps on the barbie, amirite. I should go there some time, too.
... When I've saved enough money, hehe.

The_JJ
2008-10-18, 01:49 PM
Thialand and India, if you feel adventurous. Sweden's pretty nice to, but I've got a lot of family there.

Ego Slayer
2008-10-18, 03:27 PM
One day I am definitely going to visit my aunts/uncles in Norway (Oslo) and Sweden again. Both countries are really beautiful. Particularly Norway, as it was what I got to see the most of. Would kill to spend more time at my aunt and uncle's cabin in the mountains. Amaaazing place. Sweden was really cool, especially the older section of Stockholm.

Dunno where I'd like to visit next... My goal is to some day visit France, since I would die to spend the whole time in the Louvre museum. :smalltongue:

Trog
2008-10-18, 03:45 PM
Someday I'd like to visit Paris. :smallsmile:

Once that goal is down I wouldn't mind a leisurely trip around Europe visiting castles and ruins and henges and such. :smallbiggrin:

DraPrime
2008-10-18, 04:05 PM
I really like going on vacation to Poland, but that's mostly because I feel more at home there than I do in America. Probably because people in Poland can actually pronounce my last name. It's Biedrzycki in case you don't know.

Haruki-kun
2008-10-18, 11:06 PM
I've only ever been to the US. :smallfrown:

It's a really nice place, though. Wish I could visit other countries.

dish
2008-10-18, 11:15 PM
One of the best holidays I had was in Indonesia.

There are so many lovely places in the world that it would be hard to get to all of them.

Mr. Mud
2008-10-18, 11:23 PM
Nantuckett. Best. Vacation. Ever.

As long as you don't count that sabattical (I don't how you spell it, its way too late) to Austrailia. That was beyond words! mate. :smallbiggrin:

Killersquid
2008-10-18, 11:34 PM
Italy, mostly Rome and the Vatican (even for this Agnostic playgrounder) and visit my family southeast of Rome.

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-18, 11:39 PM
Personaly thought Italy was nice. France is ok as long as you can speak another language other than english. By far, i think the best place ive vacationed so far was Germany. Vilsek had some of the most beautiful woodlands ive seen, and Wiesbaden/Manheim/Kiserschlouten(what we military boys call K-Town for obvious reasons), had some kicken rock clubs.

next on my list is Japan. I wanted to see hawaii too, but after living here for a few months, ive found that it doesnt look the same as it does on tv. probably my biggest moment of OMG was when i drove by the set where they were filming the tv show 'The Lost'.

Killersquid
2008-10-18, 11:43 PM
next on my list is Japan. I wanted to see hawaii too, but after living here for a few months, ive found that it doesnt look the same as it does on tv. probably my biggest moment of OMG was when i drove by the set where they were filming the tv show 'The Lost'.

I would love to go to Japan, but I don't feel like learning a whole different language with a different alphabet (Latin Alphabet > all) that I'll probably never use again. And most of the time there will probably be in the cities.

TurkeyTGNom
2008-10-19, 12:00 AM
well what i mean is that im looking to get stationed there. im learning the language because im going to school for core programming. want to get into the gaming industry and i figured that if i learned the language,it would be one more feather in my cap (fail as a programmer, can make it in translations).

anyway i mostly want to see the temples of Kyoto. The only thing in Tokyo that im really interested in is Harajuku district. gonna try to hit that place up on the weekend if i can plan it just right. Anyone been to Japan that can give some helpful travlers tips?

The Orange Zergling
2008-10-19, 12:02 AM
I've been to... let's see... about 10+ states (Minnesota, Wisconsin, California, Illinois... the rest, I don't remember, I was like 4 years old, or less), Canada, Mexico (twice), Italy, Germany, England and Iceland, but I'd also like to go to Greece and Hawaii (although it isn't a country).

Of those... I'm not entirely sure what I liked most. San Fransisco is a definite candidate, though.

Also, I'm going to northern Minnesota for a few days tomorrow. :smallbiggrin:

Yarram
2008-10-19, 02:53 AM
Shrimps on the barbie, amirite. I should go there some time, too.
... When I've saved enough money, hehe.

... Can I kill you?

Sorry, it's just that the "shrimp on the barbie" thing is really old. =P
Actually it's like the Croc-hunter phenomenon. What's-his-face Steve, you know? I forget his last name. Anyway he was WAY more popular in America then Australia.

Castaras
2008-10-19, 03:40 AM
Britain, because it's nice and cold and there's castles and stuff to go run around in.

Belgium because they have AMAZING chocolate shops.

And I really do mean, AMAZING. Lucky Belgians. :smallsigh: :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-19, 03:42 AM
Greece was pretty amazing, even though I've only been to Crete.

XenoTherapy
2008-10-19, 06:50 PM
Aussies tending towards xenophobia

Why the hell are Australians afraid of me? :confused:

WTF, mate?

Also, America may be a nice place to visit, but not the best place to live.

Mauve Shirt
2008-10-19, 07:06 PM
I want to go back to Germany now that I'm older. I'd love to take a trip around Europe, I never made it to Italy or Greece. I'd also like to go to Australia, Japan and Hawaii.

randman22222
2008-10-20, 08:51 AM
I want to go back to Germany now that I'm older. I'd love to take a trip around Europe, I never made it to Italy or Greece. I'd also like to go to Australia, Japan and Hawaii.

Ooooh, make sure you make it up to Norway. What Ego said about Norway being beautiful is an understatement. Declaring that an understatement is an understatement. Declaring that declaring that that's an...

Yeah. You get the picture. It's beautiful.