PDA

View Full Version : I just realised!

Tholok Razescar
2008-10-18, 07:56 PM
You know those 'male' signs? The one we use for gender indicators here?
They look... phallic!

DraPrime
2008-10-18, 08:01 PM
And I just realised that of should be spelled realized.

Tholok Razescar
2008-10-18, 08:04 PM

In my defence, it's late, and I haven't been at an un-retarded keyboard since Monday.

dish
2008-10-18, 11:14 PM

The 'of' should be spelt 'realized'? :smallconfused:

'Realised' is standard British spelling. Maybe Tholok uses British English?

Madmal
2008-10-18, 11:15 PM
They look... phallic!

and i just realized this could count as spam...

Darkcomet
2008-10-18, 11:16 PM
Methinks this goes here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93953)

Killersquid
2008-10-18, 11:39 PM
The Mars symbol? Yea, I think that's the point of it.

Mr. Mud
2008-10-18, 11:42 PM
I suddenly have an urge to watch Austin Powers after reading this thread... Yay for netflix! WoooooooT! :smallbiggrin:

@ v: LMAO! I love you Colin :smallbiggrin:

Collin152
2008-10-18, 11:47 PM
It's little wonder why spears were the weapon of choice when they were designing a symbol for the God of War.

Jayngfet
2008-10-18, 11:49 PM
You don't want to know why they made obelisks...

Killersquid
2008-10-18, 11:52 PM
You don't want to know why they made obelisks...

Church steeples are sort of the same purpose...

Dragonus45
2008-10-19, 12:23 AM

Church steeples :smalleek: Are you sure of that, if you are i'll never look at one the same again.

reorith
2008-10-19, 12:25 AM

tension towers for powerlines were invented by a dude that was really insecure.

ghost_warlock
2008-10-19, 01:13 AM
They look... phallic!

Perhaps interestingly enough, the female/Venus symbol can be read as "no phallus."

Who ya gonna call? Phallus busters!

Okay...I'll go away and be quiet now. :smallredface:

AmberVael
2008-10-19, 01:28 AM
Perhaps interestingly enough, the female/Venus symbol can be read as "no phallus."

This is simultaneously the stupidest and most hilarious thing I've seen all day.
:smalltongue:
You should feel proud. :smallwink:

ghost_warlock
2008-10-19, 01:31 AM
This is simultaneously the stupidest and most hilarious thing I've seen all day.
:smalltongue:
You should feel proud. :smallwink:

If you really want stupid/hilarious, check out the Fisher-Price page(s) on Uncyclopedia. I laughed so hard I was crying! Warning: NSFW.

Jayngfet
2008-10-19, 01:38 AM

No I mean it really represents a gods junk, trying to get to his sister. Who is the sky. And his twin. And cousin. I don't want to go further.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-10-19, 01:52 AM
They look... phallic!
You and Sigmund Freud should get together for a cup of coffee and a night on the town :amused:

rayne_dragon
2008-10-19, 09:49 AM
No I mean it really represents a gods junk, trying to get to his sister. Who is the sky. And his twin. And cousin. I don't want to go further.

Ancient mythology tends to get like that. Actually, not just mythology... think about the knights questing for the holy grail with their lances held high. Or adventurers with their big swords descending into dark cavernous dungeons?

People tend to be able to twist everything into something sexual when they try hard enough.

I'd also like to add the CN Tower to our list of phallic buildings, especially since it has the nice big round Skydome right by it just in case it wasn't blatantly obvious enough to start with.

ColonelFuster
2008-10-19, 09:57 AM
Oh dear.
This deserves a ...

LOL WUT?

Vonriel
2008-10-19, 10:55 AM
People tend to be able to twist everything into something sexual when they try hard enough.

This right here is the problem. Any sort of pole/beam/etc. can be seen as phallic, but it doesn't mean that was the intent.

dish
2008-10-19, 10:58 AM
This right here is the problem. Any sort of pole/beam/etc. can be seen as phallic, but it doesn't mean that was the intent.

I've always had doubts about The Gherkin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gherkin) myself.

Innis Cabal
2008-10-19, 11:03 AM

We call that yonic

Castaras
2008-10-19, 11:05 AM

;) Kinky

And thus, your point is proven. :smalltongue:

Flickerdart
2008-10-19, 11:53 AM
Oh yes, I've heard someone talking about some stupid article on how men design everything to look like a penis, giving rockets as an example. Silly me, I thought they, I don't know, fly better that way? Spears are just a stick with pointy on the end that gives reach. It's about function, not form.

Destichado
2008-10-19, 01:14 PM

Good grief. No they're not.

Don't make me go all medieval history degree on you! :smallamused:

Mr. Moon
2008-10-19, 02:28 PM
*face palm*

You know, back when I was in sex-ed, my teacher tried to make the same point. ("Who can tell me what this looks like, class?") I put her in a place with a short explanation on how it was not a penis, but Mars' spear and shield. Likewise, the female symbol is Venus' mirror. And anyone who sees otherwise is a hopeless pervert.

Heh, that shut her up nicely. :smallamused:

Player_Zero
2008-10-19, 02:46 PM
Oh dear.
This deserves a ...

LOL WUT?

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/7/74/Lol_wut_completely.jpg

Pyrian
2008-10-19, 03:45 PM
Any sort of pole/beam/etc. can be seen as phallic, but it doesn't mean that was the intent.All too frequently, it was, though. :smalltongue:

Castaras
2008-10-19, 04:30 PM
All too frequently, it was, though. :smalltongue:

Even chalk carvings in Britain were phallic from time to time :smalltongue: (http://www.24dash.com/media/image/2008/02/14/1555/380_Image_cerne-abas-giant-c-sacredsites.jpg)

(yes, I've seen this irl. Was very amusing. :smallbiggrin:)

Haruki-kun
2008-10-19, 04:35 PM
*pokes AMENites and former AMENites*

http://middlezonemusings.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/eiffel-tower.jpg

Almighty Salmon
2008-10-19, 04:36 PM
*pokes AMENites and former AMENites*

*Snip*

Low, man. Low.

I came up with that :smalltongue:

Haruki-kun
2008-10-19, 04:38 PM
Low, man. Low.

I came up with that :smalltongue:

And everyone loves you for it. :smallbiggrin:

CurlyKitGirl
2008-10-19, 04:39 PM
Funny thing: that one (or possibly a very similar one) was made during the Victorian era or roundabout then.
Those Victorians eh? :smallwink:

evisiron
2008-10-20, 12:12 PM
Heh, this thread reminds me of a similar discussion IRL, which ended up with me saying "Just try and make a gesture that can't be interpreted as some sexual act".

My friend did a thumbs up, looked at it, and went "ugh, dammit!" :smallbiggrin:

dish
2008-10-20, 12:18 PM
Even chalk carvings in Britain were phallic from time to time :smalltongue: (http://www.24dash.com/media/image/2008/02/14/1555/380_Image_cerne-abas-giant-c-sacredsites.jpg)

(yes, I've seen this irl. Was very amusing. :smallbiggrin:)

Yep, sometimes it is good to know that a phallic symbol really is a phallic symbol.

Don't make me go all medieval history degree on you!
But you're so forceful and manly and...hot when you go medieval history degree on us. :smallbiggrin:
Actually I just really want to know what your explanation for church steeples is. But that isn't sexy enough.