PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:22 PM
Okay Im a FF freak. Really when it comes to the FF 7 stuff. Im just curious who is your favorite Final Fantasy character? I love Cloud and Vincent!

And this thread is ment to be random heh....

Innis Cabal
2008-10-19, 03:22 PM
Wedge, all of them

Setra
2008-10-19, 03:25 PM
Personally my favorite is VI though Tactics is a VERY close second...

In regards to VII it's an alright game that is simultaneously the most over and under rated game of all time.

My favorite characters are Terra and Agrias.

TheBST
2008-10-19, 03:26 PM
http://www.videogamesprites.net/FinalFantasy6/Bosses/11%20-%20Ultros.gif

Oregano
2008-10-19, 03:27 PM
I think Cecil might be my favourite now, he's awesome. Cloud or Vincent was my favourite but after reading/hearing them totally berated(is that the right word?) I don't like them that much any more, they're still cool though.

Innis Cabal
2008-10-19, 03:29 PM
disparaged might be a better word

insecure
2008-10-19, 03:29 PM
I know I'm weird, but I don't know anything about Final Fantasy. Lately (as in two days ago), I have thought about expanding my horizon within the gaming world a little more, so I decided that I'll try to get final fantasy and actually try it, since everybody seems to know and like it.

So, where do I start?

Oregano
2008-10-19, 03:30 PM
Get the DS version of FFIV, it's probably one of the best and it's readily available. In fact try most of the DS Final Fantasy games, they differ in quality but they'll introduce you to it nicely.

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:31 PM

In regards to VII it's an alright game that is simultaneously the most over and under rated game of all time.

yeah final fantasy 7 is over rated but it was also the first FF game/movie I really got into. I really want Final Fantasy XIII to come out (december-ish) it looks really cool.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 03:33 PM
You mean XIII I think, unless they're remaking VIII and it does indeed look pretty good, hopefully they'll have a cool female protagonist(I was indifferent to Terra) which is where a lot of game fall down.

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:34 PM
I know I'm weird, but I don't know anything about Final Fantasy. Lately (as in two days ago), I have thought about expanding my horizon within the gaming world a little more, so I decided that I'll try to get final fantasy and actually try it, since everybody seems to know and like it.

So, where do I start?

I'd start by going online and looking up the story lines for some of them and seeing which one you like. When my uncle started playing Crisis Core is what got me into it.

insecure
2008-10-19, 03:35 PM
Get the DS version of FFIV, it's probably one of the best and it's readily available. In fact try most of the DS Final Fantasy games, they differ in quality but they'll introduce you to it nicely.

But there's just the problem that I don't own a DS... Any other suggestions then? And which consoles can I find Final Fantasy games for?

Edit:

I'd start by going online and looking up the story lines for some of them and seeing which one you like. When my uncle started playing Crisis Core is what got me into it.

I see. I'll do that, thanks.

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:35 PM
You mean XIII I think, unless they're remaking VIII and it does indeed look pretty good, hopefully they'll have a cool female protagonist(I was indifferent to Terra) which is where a lot of game fall down.

Yeah my bad i ment XIII.

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:37 PM
But there's just the problem that I don't own a DS... Any other suggestions then? And which consoles can I find Final Fantasy games for?

The new one is for Xbox 360 and PS3. Crisis Core is for PSP. And there are a few for the PS and Gamecube has some I think

Innis Cabal
2008-10-19, 03:37 PM

Edit:

I see. I'll do that, thanks.

All but x-box and x-box 360, though the blessed heavens have made sure that is going to change

Oregano
2008-10-19, 03:39 PM

Damn, PS2 has two games for it and Kingdom Hearts(which you might like), PSP has Crisis Core and A remake of the first one and a remake of Tactics. PS1 has remakes of 4, 5 and 6 and it has 7, 8 and 9 and it has the original tactics, gamecube has Crystal Chronicles and the Wii has a sequel to Crystal Chronicles which is more administrative kind of thing(you play as a king and control a town) and it has Chocobo Dungeon, a spin-off.

DomaDoma
2008-10-19, 03:40 PM
Cyan, actually. I favored him so much, my mind was boggled when every walkthrough I subsequently read said he was nigh-on useless.

I'm in the middle of my first play of X right now, though, and I have to say Auron makes a very close second.

EvilElitest
2008-10-19, 03:43 PM
Kefka, generally i don't like FF

But shouldn't this be in gaming?
from
EE

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:43 PM
Cyan, actually. I favored him so much, my mind was boggled when every walkthrough I subsequently read said he was nigh-on useless.

I'm in the middle of my first play of X right now, though, and I have to say Auron makes a very close second.

Yeah I like Auron.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 03:44 PM

from
EE

Well technically it's multimedia because of the films and stuff but it could work, Kefka was cool but I hated him, which I think is good because he was the bad guy. I totally hated him.

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:47 PM
Well technically it's multimedia because of the films and stuff but it could work, Kefka was cool but I hated him, which I think is good because he was the bad guy. I totally hated him.

Lol I never really liked hime. And he is funny lookin.

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 03:50 PM

from
EE

Yeah imma go put it gaming now. thanks though

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 04:05 PM
I know that final fantasy 7 is way over rated but it is my favorite. I really like Cloud and Vincent. I was wondering what is your favorite final fantasy game or movie? And who is you favorite character(s)?

WOOT! Final Fantasy XIII due in Dec. It is for Xbox 360 and PS3. Final Fantasy Versus 13 is for PS3 only...crap. But, they both look good :smallbiggrin:

doliest
2008-10-19, 04:11 PM
The frogs,pig, and midget from 4, they are teh awesomist.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 04:12 PM
The frogs,pig, and midget from 4, they are teh awesomist.

In Mithril? They're cool! Pig's a weird status effect to say the least.

Roland St. Jude
2008-10-19, 04:19 PM
Sheriff: Thread merge ahoy!

Project_Mayhem
2008-10-19, 04:21 PM
I'm personally torn between 6 and 4 for favorite ... all though the gameboy tactics games both kick arse.

And Sabin will flatten anyone. ANYONE.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 04:23 PM
Cecil would totally pwn him!:smalltongue:

Ninja-Monkey
2008-10-19, 04:26 PM
Cecil would totally pwn him!:smalltongue:

yeah he would lol

Project_Mayhem
2008-10-19, 04:28 PM
Cecil would totally pwn him!

BUM RUSH!!!!

Oregano
2008-10-19, 04:30 PM
Cura!:smalltongue: and if he has augments he could Counter Attack.

Plus, I don't know if this is bult into the game but Cecil on my version(DS) seems to survive everything, he's always the last one standing. Plus I totally pwned Golbez with jsut him, Rydia and Rosa the other day, Cecil did the most damage.

Project_Mayhem
2008-10-19, 04:37 PM
Cura! and if he has augments he could Counter Attack.

Plus, I don't know if this is bult into the game but Cecil on my version(DS) seems to survive everything, he's always the last one standing. Plus I totally pwned Golbez with jsut him, Rydia and Rosa the other day, Cecil did the most damage.

Did you do the whole counter attack/ the one that makes everyone attack one person? That combo rocked.

Anyway, Bum rush is a magical Blitz that hits everyone, so counter shouldn't work.

Debates pointless anyway, because a man who can suplex a train is invincible.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 04:40 PM
Cecil's from the moon!
I said g'd day to you sir, I said g'd day!

I might do that now only just got draw attacks, Cecil's certainly got the hitpoints.

Golbez was easy I had Rosa cast reflect on the three of them and he dealt half of the damage he took to himself, Cecil did the other half, well actually Rydia did some damage too.

Project_Mayhem
2008-10-19, 04:46 PM
Cecil's from the moon!

spoiler damnit! I hadn't got that far yet.

Oregano
2008-10-19, 04:47 PM
Sorry, damn, I totally forgot, I didn't even think about, although actually I'm not sure if he is actually from the moon.

Apologies for that.:smallfrown:

I edited it for white text now, but I fear it's too late.

Khanderas
2008-10-20, 08:57 AM
So did I.
I hated him so much, I had to stop playing and calm down.
I hated him so much, I stood up and threatened Kefka physically though the screen.
Never happened before or since. Kefka, what a jerk.

Kizara
2008-10-24, 06:47 PM
Celes FF6.

Although I was quite fond of Ashe FF12 as well.

Fan
2008-10-24, 06:49 PM
Okay Im a FF freak. Really when it comes to the FF 7 stuff. Im just curious who is your favorite Final Fantasy character? I love Cloud and Vincent!

And this thread is ment to be random heh....
*points to name*
Guess who!
:smallbiggrin:
Vivi, and Vincent here personally.

Triaxx
2008-10-25, 05:25 AM
I'd forgotten just how awesome the characters of FF9 are until I started playing. They are my favorites of the series. Not to mention Cid and Tifa from seven, Zell and Quistis from eight, and Ramza from Tactics.

Dihan
2008-10-25, 10:11 AM
I'm a fan of FFIX, VI and IV. Character-wise, my favourites are Vivi, Edge and Setzer.

Corlindale
2008-10-25, 10:37 AM
Vivi is probably my favourite as well. He's such a nice little guy.
In general I think IX has the most interesting, funny and loveable characters of all the FF games I've played (though for other reasons IX is not my favourite FF).

Auron from FFX gets an honorable mention, just for his cool factor.

Tengu_temp
2008-10-25, 11:38 AM
Hoo boy, my list of favorite characters is long:
FF6: Locke, Celes, Edgar, Sabin, Setzer
FF7: Red XIII, Yuffie, Cid, Vincent
FFT: Agrias, Mustadio
FF9: Vivi
FF12, although I've yet to finish it: Balthier, Ashe, Basch

There are very few FF characters I don't like, and most of them fall into the "soft and weak love interest" category - Rosa, Rinoa, Garnet, Yuna. And there's Squall, of course, but he goes without saying.

Most overrated character? Cain. His whole personality is "I'm a dragoon and I get mind-controlled a lot". Dragoons are cool, but a character needs more than a cool class to be awesome - Freya and FF7 Cid are very cool ON TOP of being dragoons.

Ellimistd
2008-10-25, 05:51 PM
hey, i've been thinking about getting a new DS game and think an FF would be good. I've looked at 3, it's good (and cheap. cheap is important) also, I like that it's turn based. not so into the cartoony character models though. the world ends with you also looks good, mainly because of how you do the attacks, but i like the fantasy setting more. any advice?

Granas3
2008-10-25, 06:11 PM
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllly think that square should completely overhaul FF6. It's by far the best story, in both originaltiy and characterization(7's really good too, but it's too focussed on certain characters. Apart from Cloud and Cid, each character gets 2 short bursts of development at most; one when introduced, and another around disc 2.)

Anyway, 6 has such an amazing story to tell, but even the GBA releaase doesn't quite manage to say everything as it should (I'm thinking about Celes and Locke here, in particular. There is SOME miniscule subtext around the Opera, but then there's nothing till you get Locke back, and that's still not very clear.)

I don't think another DS rerelease is the way to go, however. I think 6 would work best as an anime, especially when you consider the sheer number of characters.

Danin
2008-10-25, 06:18 PM
I'm a big fan of well developed characters and my favorite FF by far is VI.

Kefka (When he poisoned that castle I learned anger, when he killed general Leo I learned to hate)
Edgar
Cyan
Tera
Sabin (Bad-Posterior)
Snow
Shadow (See: Sabin)

Comet
2008-10-25, 06:33 PM
Most overrated character? Cain. His whole personality is "I'm a dragoon and I get mind-controlled a lot". Dragoons are cool, but a character needs more than a cool class to be awesome - Freya and FF7 Cid are very cool ON TOP of being dragoons.

I think that applies to pretty much all of the characters in FF4. Let's face it, that game never was a pinnacle of storytelling or soapy drama.
And no dissing Cain. He's got his very own inner conflict in moralities, in having to ponder whether his loyalties lay with his friend Cecil or his king. And then there's of course the fact that he cares for Rosa deeply, but knows that he can never have her, for she's destined to be Cecils companion. Deep, deep drama, I tell ya!

Okay, okay, maybe not. But Kain was the first dragoon for many of us and that makes him the dragoon for me at least. Maybe it's nostalgia, but I still think Cain is way cool. :smallbiggrin:

Xenogears
2008-10-30, 11:56 AM
Chaos from FF1. Seriously what other character can do such awesome things. First off he was born because he went back in time, created the four beasts, and then they created HIM! He is a time paradox in of himself. So awesome. Secondly just look at his stats in the Nintendo power for FF1. Immune to: Fire, Ice, Lighting, EVERYTHING! He is immune to 90% of your damaging spells. Basically you hafta Nuke him. Literally using the Nuke spell. Great Villain.

Kefka was of course also awesome but that game got too annoyingly obsessed with drama. Everyone dies, then everyone who isn't dead gets their life destroyed, then they get some more depression thrown at them, and then..... it just went on and on and by the end of it I just stopped feeling bad for people. It just added so much bad stuff to peoples lives that you couldn't care about it anymore. Kefka still rocked though.

Zidane and Vivi were also awesome. In fact that whole game was awesome.... except the combat.

Cubey
2008-10-30, 04:22 PM
Kefka was of course also awesome but that game got too annoyingly obsessed with drama. Everyone dies, then everyone who isn't dead gets their life destroyed, then they get some more depression thrown at them, and then..... it just went on and on and by the end of it I just stopped feeling bad for people. It just added so much bad stuff to peoples lives that you couldn't care about it anymore. Kefka still rocked though.

Really? Sure, a lot of crap happens for the world and its inhabitants, but the overall feeling is still hopeful and optimistic. Neon Genesis Evangelion, it ain't.

RightHandless
2008-10-30, 04:41 PM
Above all others, Zack Fair will always be first in my affections.

Honourable mentions go to Freya Crescent, Yuna, Delita Heiral, Sephiroth (Mostly due to that one full motion video in Crisis Core, you all know the one that I mean,) Beatrix, Angeal, petty much everyone else in Final Fantasy X and Seifer Almsay (he meant well.)

Now that I come to think on it, Seifer wins second place, and is only beaten by Zack because he allowed himself to be caught up in the fantasy of his dreams rather than the reality of the evil he nursed in the world.

Triaxx
2008-10-30, 08:18 PM
Why no love for the FF9 Combat system? Once you kick it to Memory and Wait, it's equally so awesome as FF7/8's. Mind some of the buffs do not last nearly long enough unless they are auto-ed. Looking at your Reflect...

I don't get what you mean about Garnet. Let's check the track record.

Garnet wants to get kidnapped: Success.
Rinoa wants to capture evil guy: Failure.
Garnet wants to go to location, takes one guy: Success.
Rinoa wants to do something, takes five guys: Failure. Repeated.
Garnet suffers tragedy, loses voice, fights on.
Rinoa suffers... something, enter's coma, recieves piggyback ride.

Soft? I think not. At least as tough as Celes.

afroakuma
2008-10-30, 08:20 PM
Neither pumped nor disappointed with FF9's combat system, although Heat and Freeze were often nasty, unexpected and unexplained death surprises. It wasn't the best by any measure, but certainly easy to use and fun enough.

Prustan
2008-10-31, 05:40 AM
Favorite FF characters. Let's see...Aeris, Zack, Cloud (of course), Yuffie (annoying in FF7, but so much more likable in Crisis Core), Vivi (Of Course), Rikku, Lulu, Quistis, and Balthier's partner (Freya? Argh, can't think of her name!).
Advent Children was pure awesome too.

Eldritch_Ent
2008-10-31, 03:34 PM
Freya is awesome. Gotta love the dragon-slaying mouse.

As for me, I think 3 and 5 are the best in the series. Kefka is awesome, and 5 was just a joy to play. (The GBA remake is even better.)

Oregano
2008-10-31, 03:45 PM
Freya is awesome. Gotta love the dragon-slaying mouse.

As for me, I think 3 and 5 are the best in the series. Kefka is awesome, and 5 was just a joy to play. (The GBA remake is even better.)

By 3 do you mean 6 because number 3 was a rubbish proto version of 5.

RosesOnConcrete
2008-11-03, 11:26 PM
This could take a little while, even though so far I've only played through 7-10 (being broke and in college tends to sap one's gaming funds...)

Characters I like because they are awesome and/or badass:
AURON. Full stop, biggest badass in the entire series.
Freya
Vincent
Most of the Cids
Quistis (Machine gun, baby.)
Zell, Tifa, Amarant and anyone else who causes as much damage with their fists as Scowly McEmo-pants the protagonist does with his BFS
Beatrix
Laguna - much more likable than his son.

Characters I like because they are sweet and/or endearing:
VIVI. Again, no more need be said.
Aeris/Aerith
Selphie
Rikku
Yuna (although the oddly timed/pitched VA makes me twitch, her character's well-built)
Garnet
Zidane (yay for a lead male who's NOT all grouchy and emo!)
Zack
Tidus (bite me, he reminds me of my little brother)

Characters I occasionally want to throttle:
Cloud, Squall, Vincent, and anyone else who needs to lighten the heck up and/or grow a clue and kiss the girl already.
Rinoa. Fine line between sweet and saccharine, and she dances back and forth over it.
Yuffie. And Eiko. My god, Eiko. Overly perky little girls tend to annoy me.
Steiner, at least for the first half of the game or so when he's being all overprotective...heh, Rusty.
Irvine, oddly enough. I think it's the not-quite-hitting on Selphie that does it.

Umm....I'm looking forward to XIII, but the entire concept of Dissidia makes me twitch in delight. That game is gonna be freaking AWESOME. :D

rayne_dragon
2008-11-03, 11:41 PM
Rydia. I love the colour green. And the whip. And her dress. I want to marry her. :smallredface:

Eldariel
2008-11-03, 11:54 PM
Faris (the only bright spot in the otherwise-incredibly-bland FFV...well, in addition to the professor turtle), Terra (she's just lovable), Locke (not explaining this one), Shadow (ninja!), Aerith (duh), Selphie (she's a great counterweight for all the moody bs of FFVIII)

I've only finished 5, 6, 7 and 8, so there. I'm almost tempted to cram Squall up there too...almost. The "whatever"s are just awesome - for once a hero who at least pretends not to care (but we all know what's really going on -.-).

As for baddies, Kefka is fairly duh. Seph is fairly cool too, and even Seifer has a certain appeal to him (although the constant "I wanna be a Sorcerer's Knight" does make me happy I finally get to end him).

Oh yeah, and props to Gogo for being the most random thing ever anywhere.

Enlong
2008-11-03, 11:56 PM
Ever since reading the Lina Darkstar translation of FFVI (before FFVIAdvance), I have to say Celes, or Locke. Their stories and the development of their characters is an awesome nugget of plot in FFVI. Of course, I also love the story of the Figaro Brothers, and Cyan's is utterly heartrending 'cause you watch the tradgedy happen in the present, and thern there's Setzer's past, and Terra...
... The cast of FFVI needs hugs badly. All of them, without exception.

Eldariel
2008-11-04, 12:00 AM
Ever since reading the Lina Darkstar translation of FFVI (before FFVIAdvance), I have to say Celes, or Locke.

Could you point me towards this? I've actually followed her work quite a bit, but somehow missed this, and it sounds exactly like something I'd love to read (in my humble opinion, FFVI is the crown jewel of the series). Is it available at Icybrian's?

ArlEammon
2008-11-04, 12:01 AM
Golbez.....
Summoner, swordsman(if you read the manuel) black wizard... Can take Meteo to the face and survive... he can even survive being blown to pieces....
Yeah he's pretty good.

Enlong
2008-11-04, 12:14 AM
Could you point me towards this? I've actually followed her work quite a bit, but somehow missed this, and it sounds exactly like something I'd love to read (in my humble opinion, FFVI is the crown jewel of the series). Is it available at Icybrian's?

Yup. It's at the Icy forums, and it's sweet enough that they stickied it. Here ya go (http://www.icyforums.com/index.php?showtopic=4401). The updates get more structured and line-by-line as it goes on, and i HIGHLY suggest you read the other posts. Those Icy-ites have great senses of humor. For added fun, after reading her translation, play FFVI Advance and marvel at just how right she was.

(Also... please ignore any posts you may see under my name. I was... younger and way too excitable, and I am none too proud of the extremely fanboyish tone of my messages there.)

JabberwockySupafly
2008-11-04, 08:33 AM
Kefka is easily my favourite FF character. It was the first villain in a video game I every felt emotionally connected to. I really felt compelled to wipe him off the face of the planet because of all the chaos and death he had wrought, not just because I had to.

Also, seriously, name a better villain? The guy actually achieved his goals. He did become a god and remade the world in his twisted image, unlike a certain sword-wielding long haired overly emotional crackpot experiment who shall remain nameless.

Also, he had better protagonists to fight against. None of this "So a pilot, a waitress, a failed clone, a talking dog, a ninja-in-training, and a eco-terrorist walk into a crater..." Seriously sounds like a very weird joke.

He had to face off against: A demi-goddess, a Magitek Knight, the world's greatest thief, TWO Princes (one a world-class martial artist, the other an amazing inventor), A cigar chompin' crap talkin' Moogle, A freakin' Yeti, a Master Swordsman, the Original Mime, and a real Ninja. And that's, what, half of the party? Sorry, I've been pressing the "Off" button on my Fanboy for the past five minutes, must have been stuck.

A close 2nd is Gilgamesh tied with Biggs & Wedge. How I love thee, comedy relief.

Oh, and Prustan, Balthier's partner is Fran. She's all kinds of awesome. Never left my party in the game unless the story dictated it.

Fan
2008-11-04, 08:37 AM
Kefka is easily my favourite FF character. It was the first villain in a video game I every felt emotionally connected to. I really felt compelled to wipe him off the face of the planet because of all the chaos and death he had wrought, not just because I had to.

Also, seriously, name a better villain? The guy actually achieved his goals. He did become a god and remade the world in his twisted image, unlike a certain sword-wielding long haired overly emotional crackpot experiment who shall remain nameless.

Also, he had better protagonists to fight against. None of this "So a pilot, a waitress, a failed clone, a talking dog, a ninja-in-training, and a eco-terrorist walk into a crater..." Seriously sounds like a very weird joke.

He had to face off against: A demi-goddess, a Magitek Knight, the world's greatest thief, TWO Princes (one a world-class martial artist, the other an amazing inventor), A cigar chompin' crap talkin' Moogle, A freakin' Yeti, a Master Swordsman, the Original Mime, and a real Ninja. And that's, what, half of the party? Sorry, I've been pressing the "Off" button on my Fanboy for the past five minutes, must have been stuck.

A close 2nd is Gilgamesh tied with Biggs & Wedge. How I love thee, comedy relief.

Oh, and Prustan, Balthier's partner is Fran. She's all kinds of awesome. Never left my party in the game unless the story dictated it.

First of aall while I to love Kefka, but at te same time fear him I have two things to say.!: SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE SMITE! How can you possibly forget about Vincent bad! *smites with newspaper again*
Also the entire party of FF6 could also be taken as a really bad joke "Okay, so a Blonde chick, a swordsman, and a cigar smoking moogle walk into the lair of the crazy cloown god..."

Tengu_temp
2008-11-04, 08:50 AM

Your Mileage May Vary. For me, Fran is just a walking piece of fanservice with no real personality (at least she's stoic and not bubbly...).

Moonshadow
2008-11-04, 08:53 AM
Balthier is my favourite. He just personifies awesomeness.

TwoBitWriter
2008-11-04, 10:21 AM
Since FFIV is my fav, I will have to go with Cecil and Kain as being my two Favorite FF characters.

That is all, no justification or arguing is needed. Every FF game has several cool characters, (with the exception of VII, only Cid and Red XIII were worth a damn.)

Fan
2008-11-04, 11:28 AM
Since FFIV is my fav, I will have to go with Cecil and Kain as being my two Favorite FF characters.

That is all, no justification or arguing is needed. Every FF game has several cool characters, (with the exception of VII, only Cid and Red XIII were worth a damn.)
*twitch* *twitch*
*takes a tranq dart*

The McMuffinman
2008-11-04, 11:11 PM
Cid

Oh god, yes, Cid. That wife beating son of a gun. You're too cool to be hanging out with an annoying genki ninja, a goth, and a walking pair of boobs. You could go out on an advanture with Red XIII and Barret and have you're own quest filled with booze and tavern wenches.

Fan
2008-11-04, 11:14 PM
Oh god, yes, Cid. That wife beating son of a gun. You're too cool to be hanging out with an annoying genki ninja, a goth, and a walking pair of boobs. You could go out on an advanture with Red XIII and Barret and have you're own quest filled with booze and tavern wenches.
I will agree on the Tifa part, but Goths are cool!
They have the best music EVAH!

The McMuffinman
2008-11-04, 11:17 PM
I will agree on the Tifa part, but Goths are cool!
They have the best music EVAH!

Yes, I do like Rasputina, but anyone who claims to be a vampire is clearly seeking attention and should be ignore. That's why Vincent never joined mah party. :smallamused:

Fan
2008-11-04, 11:28 PM
Yes, I do like Rasputina, but anyone who claims to be a vampire is clearly seeking attention and should be ignore. That's why Vincent never joined mah party. :smallamused:
Diem, die, die ,die, die ,die ,die, die, die ,die ,die.
TRhere got that out of my system,.:smalltongue:
Vincent is awesome, and he was ALWAYS in my party.

The McMuffinman
2008-11-04, 11:33 PM
Diem, die, die ,die, die ,die ,die, die, die ,die ,die.
TRhere got that out of my system,.:smalltongue:
Vincent is awesome, and he was ALWAYS in my party.

But you need room for the hotness that is Cid. The dragoon reign over all. Plus, his class has "dragon" in it and dragons are cool.

Fan
2008-11-04, 11:37 PM
But you need room for the hotness that is Cid. The dragoon reign over all. Plus, his class has "dragon" in it and dragons are cool.
Meh, overdone in my opinion. Seriously how many "slay the dragon" tales have you heard?
Also Dragoon amount to this for me "I jump high, and spear things!"

Enlong
2008-11-04, 11:56 PM
Dude, the real awesome goes to FFIV Cid.
Old codger jumped from an airship, set off what amounted to a handheld nuke, and survived. And a week later he's fixing up your airship again. Just wow.

Oregano
2008-11-05, 03:13 AM
Umm, Vincent never claimed to be a vamprire and my only complaint against him is lack of development(that's because he was a secret character), he gets a bit of development but not much. Dirge of Cerebrus(sp?) developed him but they still kept him as Enigma I think, He's a cool character though.

I thought Cid was pretty meh, alright, but not great.

Prustan
2008-11-05, 05:43 AM
Yes, Fran. Perhaps she is just a walking piece of fanservice, but I like the fact that she's a warrior, and I love her accent. Brilliant voice acting I think. Balthier's too much of a dandy for me, and his guns never seem to be as damaging as anyone else. As for FFXII party management, Vaan was always in, the rest switched out as needed to keep their levels equal to each other - not because I especially liked Vaan, but because all guest character levels were based on Vaan, stronger Vaan means stronger guest.

someonenonotyou
2008-11-05, 06:56 PM
My favriote Mog from VI i mean hes a moogle which is awesoem but not only that hes a dancing moogle how can anything beat that

and i just hate Cloud and Vincent but Cloud mostly

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2008-11-06, 03:54 PM
Theif from FFI. He became a ninja. He's my favorite. I also really liked Kain. Ah, FFII. How much of my warped personality can be traced back to your roots?

Fan
2008-11-08, 02:47 PM
Okay everyone who likes FF, and D20 I have a freind who is hosting a live maptools game for FF D20 if you are interested contact him on AIM, or by PM to get the apprpiate things to play.
Heres a link to Maptools.
http://rptools.net/doku.php?id=maptool:intro
PLEASE download 1.3.B45 PLEASe its right underneath the first one.
Thanks for interest, and any effort put forth the join.
We currently have a Knight, a Monk, and a Blue mage (me), so while we only need 1, or 2 players, but all interest is appreicated!
BTW, the Dm's name is DmTibernius on AIM, and on GITP.

Almn
2008-11-08, 03:25 PM
I just got to the world of ruin in FFVI
I don't care about most of in nearly as much as the fact that KEFKA SMASHED MY AIRSHIP!

For that alone kefka must die

No one touches the zepplin
:smallfurious:

Setra
2008-11-08, 03:27 PM
Meh, overdone in my opinion. Seriously how many "slay the dragon" tales have you heard?
Two. Dragon quest and Dragonlance. The latter of which technically doesn't count.

Incidentally I just got and beat Crisis Core.

Great game, I loved it. Story + Gameplay + Music + Good Characters... Tad easy though. It also made me wish strongly that they would remake FFVII. Also make another Compilation game because last I checked we STILL don't know what's up with Genesis.

toxicgerbil240
2008-11-08, 05:13 PM
I'm kind of shocked that I haven't seen anyone mention Crystal Chronicles.
It was an okay dungeon hack'n'slash on the gamecube, but the DS incarnation was the greatest multiplayer on the system save mariokart.

Dihan
2008-11-08, 07:00 PM
On the subject of Crystal Chronicles, My Life As A King is so very addictive.

When I bought it I couldn't stop playing for ages. It's one of those "just one more quest" games... Except one leads to another few hours of the same monotony. It was fun though. :smallbiggrin:

Fan
2008-11-08, 10:05 PM
Two. Dragon quest and Dragonlance. The latter of which technically doesn't count.

Incidentally I just got and beat Crisis Core.

Great game, I loved it. Story + Gameplay + Music + Good Characters... Tad easy though. It also made me wish strongly that they would remake FFVII. Also make another Compilation game because last I checked we STILL don't know what's up with Genesis.
You may freind read absolutley no old english tales, and have never played any of the non zelda, non FF RPG's on NES.:smallconfused:
DnD utself started as a set of quests building up to the "slay the dragon" moment.

toddex
2008-11-08, 10:19 PM

It ok, the best characters in that game are the ones that NEVER get attention. FF7 Cid is a complete bad ass! And barrett is pretty cool also. The materia system was seriously one of the better magic systems square has come up with. I wanted to slice someones throat when FF8 came out with that draw ****.

Anyway im having a blast in FFXI

Prustan
2008-11-09, 05:20 AM
The Draw system was horrible. Junctioning wasn't so bad, but using up your magic meant that your stats got worse, so you never wanted to do it. Plus the rarer magic was horribly hard to replace.
The materia system was great. Personally think they should take the base system from FF7, and combine with the Materia Fusion from Crisis Core. I really quite like making super Materia, even if the best bonus is only a +10 stat, or +70% HP so far.
Anyone know how long you keep Gordon for in FF2? Rather like the guy, and I'm wondering how long I have before I need to remove all his gear.

Xenogears
2008-11-12, 12:40 PM
I dunno why everyone hates the Draw system so much. Sure the first time you play through and you think you should stock up on magic so you draw 100 of every spell it really sucks. But if you ever go back to play it you realise that the ONLY stats that actually matter are STR and HP. So get 100 fire based spells to allow Squall to one-hit 90% of non-boss enemies and some cure based spells so that even when you have more life than the rest of the party your max is so high you can still do Renzokokuken every turn to one hit almost any enemy. The Draw system sucked if you enjoy using spells. However it allowed you to make characters so much more powerful than they were supposed to be that ever enemy falls in one or two hits. Or how bout junctioning 100 Death spells to Status Atk to instantly kill almost any enemy? 100 Ultima + 100 Shells to absorb all elemental attacks?

Besides even your best spells did almost no damage. Magic just sucked in that game even if you had triple, limit breaked Rinoa, and 100 Ultima to your magic stat. You could still do more damage by just having Squall use Renzokokuken. So although the system was annoying it allowed for such fun combinations. Meh still not one of my favorite FF games but the system wasn't that bad once you realise that 99% of all magic and junctioning is pointless.