PDA

View Full Version : S.E.U. The Nightmare begins... [Game Ended]

Shadowcaller
2008-10-19, 04:48 PM
Edmund Irrens Diary, the 30 October 1978, time... 6.32 AM.

Not the best time to start a diary but if we don't survive this someone might find this and warn the rest of the world. Please if you do read this and are not one of them please tell everyone what you are about to read now.

Now were to begin?
Well first of all: Things have gone horrible, horrible wrong.

I hardly even understood what we were doing here to begin with, we have now seen things that was not meant to be.
Some days ago me and some other members of my unit were ordered here to investigate some strange occurrences.

We arrived at the spot, the village of Hollows Way, a sleepy, peaceful villager quite isolated from the outside world.

Everything seemed to be okay at the beginning, nothing out of the ordinary. A easy mission I thought, a easy mission... Yeah I guess thats what we all thought at first.

Then when we were visiting the mayor we saw it. When we stepped into the house we saw the mayor or rather two mayors since he slowly seemed to merge with something.

I had no idea what to do, the mayor screamed in pain as he and the creature slowly became one. We just watched in horror until the process seemed to be complete.

The new "mayor" smiled at us I'm not really sure what happend then its like I blacked out or something but when I become aware again I found myself shooting against what had once been the mayor of Hollows Way.

I don't know how many times I pressed the trigger, the only thing I wanted was to kill that abomination and we did, nothing could have survived that many gun shoots.

We burned the body at the town square as soon as possible despite the villagers protests.

I have no idea what those things are but I'm sure there must be more of them that have infected the villagers. Is our unit infected too? I don't know, I can't answer that, but the thought that the men I serve with would have become such creatures sends chills up my spine.

But one thing is for sure: We can't let those things out of this village. Even if we have to kill every living villager of Hollows Way.

Rules
Classic Werewolf Game Rules

The game is played in turns that consist of two different phases.
There's a day phase that happens from dawn til dausk in game. This period lasts 48 hours. During this time all the players try to decide who the bad guys are by voting for them. Votes are done in red text. Whoever has the most votes after 48 hours is removed from the game.
The next phase is the night phase, which lasts from dusk til dawn. This phase lasts 24 hours. During this phase, anyone that has a special action to perform during that time does so via PM to the narrators. This is the phase of the game where the wolves would tell the narrators who they would like to kill.

After time's up, the narrators will post the opening of the following Day Scene and it starts all over again.
This continues until either A) all of the Wolves are destroyed by the Villagers -or- B) the Wolves reduce the total number of non-wolf players to equal their own.

Horrors
Horror: Every night one of the horrors can merge with another player. This will kill the horror and make the player they merged with to a horror instead.

The player that becomes a horror now have the same victory condition as the other horrors.

If a member of S.E.U. would be the target of a horrors ability they will die instead of becomin horrors and the horror will survive.
If the horror would target another horror they will learn of each other (due this being a blind wolf game.)

Once a horror have merged with a player it can still talk to the player it have merged with and give advice but since its "dead" it can't effect the game in any other way except talking to the other horrors.

The horrors wins once their number are equal to the number of the remaining villagers.

Villagers
Villager: A simple villager of Hollows Way you have been caught in this nightmare. You must now kill all the horrors before they spread outside Hollows Way by voting to lynch a player every night.

S.E.U. Spectral Encounter Unit, Operators (Seers): Two agents of S.E.U. that thanks to your special traning have learned that thought careful observations you can see if a person is affected by something paranormal or not. Every night you can see what role another player have.

S.E.U. Spectral Encounter Unit, Broken Operator (Fool): You are one of the operators but due the horrors you have encountered here you have become increasingly paranoid and will get a random result on your scries.

S.E.U. Spectral Encounter Unit, Commander (Baner): The commander of the S.E.U. unit. You seems to have lost contact with the rest of your unit, but that will not stop you from protecting people. Every night you can protect a player from becoming a horror.

Player List
Hero 1.0 - Lynched Day 2, S.E.U. Operator
Shishnarfne
xNadia - Lynched Day 7, Horror
Aemoh - Merged with another player during Night 5, Horror
PirateMonk - One of the Orginal Horrors, Merged with a player Night 4
Griever
Mordokai - Lynched Day 4, Villager
Emperor Demonking - Lynched Day 5, Horror
Blue Umbrella - Lynched Day 1, Horror
Saint Nil
Uncle Festy
Dr. Bath
iceddragons - Lynched Day 6, Villager
Selrahc - Killed by the horrors Night 3, Paranoid S.E.U. Operator
Murska - Lynched Day 3, Villager
Reinholdt - One of the orginal horrors, merged with a player Night 2

Dr. Bath
2008-10-19, 04:55 PM
Yes please! I'm in.

To clarify: Will a mason die if targetted by a horror? Or become a horror?

Shadowcaller
2008-10-19, 05:05 PM
Yes please! I'm in.

To clarify: Will a mason die if targetted by a horror? Or become a horror?

A mason would become a horror. Yeah, this is going to be one strange game:smallwink:.

Hyozo
2008-10-19, 05:17 PM
I am definitely in this one.

Reinholdt
2008-10-19, 05:17 PM
I'm in with spooky!

Selrahc
2008-10-19, 05:27 PM
*Joins up*

Saint Nil
2008-10-19, 05:33 PM
*Begs to be in*

Uncle Festy
2008-10-19, 08:32 PM
Ooh, looks like fun. Reminds me of The Thing.
In!

Boo
2008-10-19, 09:13 PM
I'm in! *remembers to call Ghost Busters*

Murska
2008-10-20, 12:31 AM
In, of course. :smallcool:

Nychta
2008-10-20, 12:47 AM
It reminds me of the Thing, too, and seeing as the fact that reading the Thing convinced me to start playing WW...

I'm so, so in. I think that communimacation will be a huge part of the game. *curses time zone*

Mordokai
2008-10-20, 09:46 AM
A mason would become a horror. Yeah, this is going to be one strange game:smallwink:.

Not sure if this is a good idea, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.

I'll join.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-20, 09:52 AM
Not sure if this is a good idea, but I guess we'll see how it turns out.

I'll join.

Well I have now removed the masons from the game. There is now 2 Seers, 1 Fool and 1 Baner.

Emperor Demonking
2008-10-20, 12:08 PM
Sign me up.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-20, 01:45 PM
I need 4 more players now.

Mordokai
2008-10-20, 01:51 PM
Well I have now removed the masons from the game. There is now 2 Seers, 1 Fool and 1 Baner.

Hey, your game, your rules! I just stated my opinion here, I never said you need to change anything because of it. Perhaps it will actually make the game more fun the way you envisioned it. I just, personally, think it's bad idea.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-20, 01:53 PM
Hey, your game, your rules! I just stated my opinion here, I never said you need to change anything because of it. Perhaps it will actually make the game more fun the way you envisioned it. I just, personally, think it's bad idea.

Well i made this change before you said that so don't worry:smallsmile:.
The mason group was too large for a 15 player WW game anyway, thats why I removed it.

PirateMonk
2008-10-20, 06:17 PM
I'll join.

Griever
2008-10-20, 07:19 PM
Make that, "I need 2 more".

a.k.a. In.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-21, 02:01 PM
Okay, so I decided to ask a mod to move it to structured games. I still need 2 more players to start the game, so everyone is welcomed to join:smallsmile:.

Aemoh
2008-10-21, 02:11 PM
I join everything so, IN :smallcool:

Shishnarfne
2008-10-21, 03:11 PM
Okay, I'll fill the last spot...

"I don't believe in no ghosts!"

Heroic
2008-10-21, 03:19 PM
I'm in please!

Shadowcaller
2008-10-21, 03:20 PM
Great!
I'm going to start sending out roles now, so the game will start well... soon.

Recaiden
2008-10-21, 04:25 PM
That's why i didn't see this game. I never check the normal SMBG forum. :smallfrown: Go horrors! That's a really neat idea. Might end the game a bit soon though.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-21, 04:56 PM
That's why i didn't see this game. I never check the normal SMBG forum. :smallfrown: Go horrors! That's a really neat idea. Might end the game a bit soon though.

Well if anyone is auto-lynched I let you have their role.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-21, 06:01 PM
Day 1 Starts

Day 1 didin't start so good, many of the villagers seemed to panic when they saw us burn the mayors corpse.

I saw how he moved there, inside the fire but its is dead now or so I keep telling myself. The villagers must be organized I can't let them kill each other, not yet, not until we find those creatures.

I asked around, but it seems no one got a perfect alibi, everyone seemed to have been close the the mayors house some point during the day.

The only conclusion I can draw from this is that everyone is a suspect now, anyone can be a creature. I know I'm not but what do the rest of the villagers hide behind their faces?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

You can all see how the "mayors" corpse moves inside the fire as if he was trying to get out again. But thankfully the movment stops soon enough.

And the mayor was the only one right? Or is the person next to you one of them to? You look around yourself, you can't imagine any of these normal looking people to be the same as that mass of flesh that was once the mayor of this town.

Or can you?

Mustiado
2008-10-21, 06:13 PM
Throw me in on an autolynch spot if you would please.

Nychta
2008-10-22, 01:08 AM
Of all the people who joined in the thread, I noticed Blue Umbrella's post first.

Selrahc
2008-10-22, 05:38 AM
Blue Umbrella. Sure.

Murska
2008-10-22, 06:30 AM
Selrahc. TPAM.

Boo
2008-10-22, 07:02 AM
Meh, I don't feel like dying on the first day two times in a row. I'll point at Selrahc.

@V: At least you aren't as noticeable as me. :smalltongue:

Selrahc
2008-10-22, 07:16 AM
Ugh. I knew I should have waited until later to post.

Shishnarfne
2008-10-22, 10:03 AM
"What's this pointing about, Selrahc, what's going on here? Surely that must have been some illusion regarding the mayor. Things like that... Just. Don't. Happen. Let's see if we can't restore some sanity to these parts..."

Emperor Demonking
2008-10-22, 11:33 AM
I really don't want a BU lynch. I'd rather we didn't have an x lynch either.

Hero 1.0

Reinholdt
2008-10-22, 11:47 AM
((Accursed lack of a player list. I had to actually count down the "in" posts to find my usual first day random point. Curses. Curses I say!

Shishnarfne))

Hyozo
2008-10-22, 11:50 AM
((I'll vote for Reinholdt for reasons which may or may not include the string of characters "TPAM"))

Shadowcaller
2008-10-22, 12:13 PM
((Player List... I knew I had forgotten something:

Player List
Hero 1.0
Shishnarfne
xNadia
Aemoh
PirateMonk
Griever
Mordokai
Emperor Demonking
Blue Umbrella
Saint Nil
Uncle Festy
Dr. Bath
iceddragons
Selrahc
Murska
Reinholdt))

Griever
2008-10-22, 12:24 PM
Selrahc...

@V Okay, then... counter-bandwagon here we go!!

Blue Umbrella!

Selrahc
2008-10-22, 12:31 PM
Well it looks like I'm going to be first day lynched, so I might as well say... I'm one of the Seers/the fool.

If you don't believe me, keep right on pointing, but on your own heads be it.

Murska
2008-10-22, 12:32 PM
Oh. Okay. Blue Umbrella.

Emperor Demonking
2008-10-22, 12:36 PM
Giever

Dor editing in a new vote.

Aemoh
2008-10-22, 12:43 PM
*random first day point at Uncle Festy*

And wow, 16 players? This should be interesting.

Boo
2008-10-22, 03:22 PM
Well it looks like I'm going to be first day lynched, so I might as well say... I'm one of the Seers/the fool.

If you don't believe me, keep right on pointing, but on your own heads be it.

This is like what I did in Twist, except I was being more creative. And by creative, I mean I was enphasizing certain words and using bad puns that made no sense towards anything other than trying to tell people I was the seer.

In that one, I was telling the truth. I'm going to give Selrahc the benefit of the doubt here, and point at Murska. The "Oh. Ok." thing strikes me as odd.

And why do I have to be first out on both of the differently styled WW games that I joined? :smallannoyed: Same week or so too.

Selrahc
2008-10-22, 04:00 PM
And why do I have to be first out on both of the differently styled WW games that I joined?:smallannoyed: Same week or so too.

Sorry man. :smallfrown:

Heroic
2008-10-22, 05:09 PM
point at iceddragons

Uncle Festy
2008-10-22, 06:20 PM
((Murska, in hopes of saving the claimed Seer and the first day lynch in Twist.))

Shadowcaller
2008-10-23, 01:22 AM
((Less then 24 hours to the end of this Day, and I will update a bit earlier due last time I updated it was 1.01 AM in my timezone...))

Murska
2008-10-23, 10:55 AM
This is like what I did in Twist, except I was being more creative. And by creative, I mean I was enphasizing certain words and using bad puns that made no sense towards anything other than trying to tell people I was the seer.

In that one, I was telling the truth. I'm going to give Selrahc the benefit of the doubt here, and point at Murska. The "Oh. Ok." thing strikes me as odd.

And why do I have to be first out on both of the differently styled WW games that I joined? :smallannoyed: Same week or so too.

What's so odd about 'oh, okay.' ? :smallconfused:

I was thinking that's how I'm supposed to act when I'm not a wolf. Sorry, don't have much of experience about that.

Boo
2008-10-23, 12:37 PM
What's so odd about 'oh, okay.' ? :smallconfused:

I was thinking that's how I'm supposed to act when I'm not a wolf. Sorry, don't have much of experience about that.

Uh huh... This makes me want to point at you again.

Murska
2008-10-23, 01:24 PM
Uh huh... This makes me want to point at you again.

Well that doesn't really matter since you're pointing at me already, right? :smallamused:

UncleWolf
2008-10-23, 01:54 PM
Dang, wish I knew about this earlier. Next time you do this, please save me a spot.

Mordokai
2008-10-23, 01:58 PM
I'll give it a shot with Murska.

Murska
2008-10-23, 02:00 PM
I'll give it a shot with Murska.

Ouch! Don't shoot me! I'm unarmed!

Shadowcaller
2008-10-23, 02:26 PM
I will have nightmares tonight, I just know it, they are coming for me!

What are those creatures really? Just cheap imitations of humans hellbent on survive and spread themselves? Or do they become the persons they "copy"? With all his or hers memories infect?
Whatever they are I know one thing, they all need to die.

We saw another today.

There was a heated argument, the villagers were first thinking of killing Selrahc, then he claimed he was one of us, one of my fellow team members so instead they focused on Blue Umbrella.

Despite his protests a decision was made. When he turned his back one of the villagers stabbed him in the back, without any doubt that villager had killed another human being, or so we thought at first anyway.

The blood that came from Blue Umbrella was alive, it moved...
And then Blue Umbrella's body begun changing, his arms become like claws, his head split right open into some kind of mounth... there was blood everywhere... I...

He killed three villagers before could put kill him, it seems only fire can kill these things. He is dead now, but that transformation and the screams he made I can never forget.

How many more of them are there? Who are still hiding among us?...

I will be sleeping alone tonight, I will kill the first person that enters my room. There is no longer room for doubt now, I will not become one of those creatures, I would rather kill myself...

Blue Umberella was lynched, he was a Horror.

Night 1 Starts Now

((Edit: I added a player list at the first post.))

Boo
2008-10-23, 02:35 PM
Well damn. And that wasn't 24 hours, was it? That was like 13.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-23, 02:39 PM
Well damn. And that wasn't 24 hours, was it? That was like 13.

Well I will be sleeping when the game was supposed to update (damn you time-zones!) so I would not be able to update in time anyway so i decided to update a bit early.

And so you know this day was only 24 hours, the rest of the days will be 48 like normal, and due its shortness I will not start with auto-lynches until the third day. (the night is still 24 hours as always.)

Uncle Festy
2008-10-23, 05:04 PM
Oooh! Yay!
*does a little dance*

Boo
2008-10-23, 05:13 PM
Still, you should never shorten a day phase. Extending is fine. A night is fine to shorten as long as everyone has handed in their actions.

Dr. Bath
2008-10-23, 05:17 PM
No fair. I wanted to vote. :smallfrown:

As Blue Umbrella says, I don't agree with shortening the day. Anything less than 24 hours puts people in different time-zones to you at a disadvantage. You could have just lengthened it a bit, you know. :smalltongue:

Shortening the night is a bad idea, as people can extrapolate who was online during that time to work out who has roles with night actions.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-23, 05:23 PM
No fair. I wanted to vote. :smallfrown:

As Blue Umbrella says, I don't agree with shortening the day. Anything less than 24 hours puts people in different time-zones to you at a disadvantage. You could have just lengthened it a bit, you know. :smalltongue:

Shortening the night is a bad idea, as people can extrapolate who was online during that time to work out who has roles with night actions.

I know, but I was not sure I was able to update tomorrow (but now I know I can so it was a bit unnecessary:smalleek:). And did I say I would make the night shorter?:smallconfused:

Dr. Bath
2008-10-23, 05:25 PM
No, that was just in response to Blue Umbrella. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Leave me alone! I've been sleeping all day!

Shadowcaller
2008-10-24, 02:00 PM
Edmunds Irrens Diary - Day 2 in Hollows Way

I didn't sleep at all during the night, I keep hearing sounds, imaginary or real all night long but I don't think many else sleep either.
Images of Blue Umbrella keeps flashing before my vision, I think it has scarred me for life...

I don't think the others could sleep that well either, they seems edgy, irritated. I fear another person will die today, I hope for my own sanity sake that we can kill all of those things soon... I fear I will lose my mind if this keeps going on much longer...

No player was merged with a horror tonight.

Day 2 Starts ((And will be 24 hours longer then the last Day...))

Emperor Demonking
2008-10-24, 02:04 PM
Can the baner protect from night kills or just recruitment.

Now this is a blind game so not much information.

Griever- Edited in a vote.

Hyozo
2008-10-24, 02:09 PM
I think one of three things happened:

1) There are two or more horrors still alive, they targeted each other and learned who else was a horror.

2) None of the horrors still alive want to sacrifice themselves to recruit somebody yet.

3) The horrors and the baner targeted the same person.

Shishnarfne
2008-10-24, 02:56 PM
"All of this should yield a ready explanation if we apply some logic... Now what logic is there to apply? Apparently, Blue Umbrella was something and attempted to shift blame onto another to avoid his own demise... Now who could possibly determine much useful from the information if they were not conspiring together... Well, my stance yesterday on not editing my vote (on grounds enough people had already left the bandwagon) would appear a mite suspicious... But I suppose I might as well direct some small attention at Aemoh, as I consider him no more or less likely responsible for this madness as any other, so I hope this does not end poorly for him..."

Nychta
2008-10-24, 03:09 PM
Murska
don't follow this point if you don't have reasoning

Uncle Festy
2008-10-24, 03:29 PM
Xnadia.
This post was sponsored by the letters T, P, A, and M!

Mordokai
2008-10-24, 03:31 PM
Uncle Festy

To make him learn to color his points.

Uncle Festy
2008-10-24, 03:51 PM
Gack! :smalleek:
Xnadia.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-24, 03:53 PM
((Well to answer a few questions:

Only one horror can merge with a player every night, if every horror could do that every night...

The baner can protect players from infections and killing yes.))

Heroic
2008-10-24, 04:09 PM
pointat Uncle festy

No apparent reason

Murska
2008-10-24, 05:50 PM
Griever. No reason.

Reinholdt
2008-10-25, 12:15 AM
Covers eyes, spins, points: Hero 1.0

Hyozo
2008-10-25, 01:04 AM
We saw two of them yesterday. We had never seen them before, and suddenly yesterday there was the mayor and Blue Uumbrella. How long had they been here? Had there ever been a real mayor or Blue Uumbrella to begin with? Probably. What had happened to the real people when they became... whatever those things were? Did they even know anything had happened to them at all?

whatever the case may be, I hope it gets handled soon. I've heard theories about Aemoh, but I hope it's nothing. Hopefully that S.E.U. agent who introduced himself yesterday has something more reliable to go on.

Also I've noticed ((Saint)) Nil hasn't been saying much recently. Neither has the ((pirate)) monk. It's probably just a church thing.

((Niether of them pointed yesterday or so far today, nothing happened at night. Coincidence? Maybe, but it is something to go on.))

Dr. Bath
2008-10-25, 04:52 AM
Hero 1.0 if you don't have any reasoning don't make your point be at someone who already has a point against them it makes me think you want Festy dead for your own nefarious plot!

Shadowcaller
2008-10-25, 01:18 PM
((About 24 hours left of this day now, just so you know.))

PirateMonk
2008-10-25, 01:36 PM
Hero 1.0.

Selrahc
2008-10-25, 01:57 PM
No idea who to vote for. But hell, lets go for Hero 1.0

Aemoh
2008-10-25, 02:17 PM
*points at iceddragons*

And for the record, I'm a big fan of sending in night actions in advance, so choosing me cause I didn't post yesterday and there was no kill, not the best of choices :smallwink:

Heroic
2008-10-25, 04:17 PM
OK OK I changed my point!

xnadia

Just don't random lynch me! Why did you pick me and not Reinholdt?

Hyozo
2008-10-25, 04:46 PM
*points at iceddragons*

And for the record, I'm a big fan of sending in night actions in advance, so choosing me cause I didn't post yesterday and there was no kill, not the best of choices :smallwink:

First, it's not applicable since you did point yesterday.

*random first day point at Uncle Festy*

And wow, 16 players? This should be interesting.

Second, I only pointed at you as a placeholder until I came up with something better.

Third, Questionable as my logic might be in your oppinion, I personally think it's better than the hypocritical non-logic of bandwagoning somebody just because they pointed at somebody who already has a point against them (seriously, by that logic you should all be pointing at Dr. Bath, PirateMonk, and Selrahc since they're doing the exact same thing).

Shadowcaller
2008-10-26, 06:31 PM
It all started when someone brought up Hero 1.0's name, wild accusations and rumors was soon weave into a sentence, Hero 1.0 was doomed to die.

He protested of course, but it was too late...

Hero 1.0: This is just wild speculations, I am not one of them!

Villager: I heard you last night, you were sneaking around, outside my house weren't you? You were trying to infect me you monster!

Mob: Monster! Kill him with fire!

Hero 1.0: Listen to me please, I'm a S.E.U. agent, I'm trying to help you! I was up last night because I was trying to find out who is one of them.

Mob: Lies! Burn him!

Hero 1.0: No please, I-

Then someone attacked him from behind and soon they threw him upon the bonfire.
I think he woke up when he was burning in there because I swear I could hear him scream as he slowly burned to death...

I was not a part of the mob but I didn't do anything to stop them, that makes me as guilty of his death as they are.
I know what this means thought, we are all murderers now, we are all guilty...

Hero 1.0 was lynched, he was a S.E.U. Operator (Seer).

Night Starts

Dr. Bath
2008-10-26, 06:33 PM
Wooo. Go me.

:smallannoyed:

Selrahc
2008-10-26, 06:40 PM
:smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

Man... theres only four people in this game who can safely network, and now one of them is dead.

Other potential seer, please scry me and get in contact. I'm pretty sure I could have derailed this bandwagon if Hero had told me who he was.

Nychta
2008-10-27, 12:43 AM
:smallconfused:
huh. Well now I guess we'll end up lynching Bath, which seems like a bit of a waste of time...

Huh. Why didn't he claim, I wonder?

Saint Nil
2008-10-27, 07:04 AM
Erk....can't believe I forgot to post.xnadia

Shadowcaller
2008-10-27, 07:06 AM
Erk....can't believe I forgot to post.xnadia

It's night, but I might end it early since all night actions are in.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-27, 01:15 PM
Edmund Irrens Diary, end of Night 2

Last night was terrible. I was as wide awake as I was last night, its impossible to sleep, I keep thinking of the creatures and I imagine that they are merging with me like they did with the mayor.

Suddenly I heard a long drawn out scream, it reminded me of the scream the mayor had cried when he was converted into that creature.

The others seemed to have heard it too because in a instant everyone was running around the village.
It took a long time before some kind of order could be arranged, it seemed that scream really creped them out.

A quick name count later revealed one thing: Reinholdt was missing and that could only mean one thing in this Kafka-like situation: Reinholdt had been on of them and he had merged with another one, that explains the scream...

I had talked to Reinholdt, I had even touched him once. He had been a part of the mob that killed Hero 1.0, I had no idea that they could hide so well, a imitation of human was that what he was all along?

I can't simply imagine it, but I can't stop thinking of it either, was there ever a "real" Reinholdt? Probably but was the imitation any different from real one? And how long have he remained in that imitation?

More and more of these questions fills my mind, I'm beginning to fear I'm losing my sanity, I would like to sleep now but I can't simply bring myself to it, I don't want to become one of them, I don't...

Reinholdt was a horror all along and now he have become someone else but who?

Day 3 Starts

((Edit: And no players are up for auto-lynch!))

Uncle Festy
2008-10-27, 04:59 PM
Mordokai, I'm looking at you.

Shishnarfne
2008-10-27, 05:12 PM
So, if Reinholdt was able to "convince" another individual to take his place in causing these... "monstrosities"... who would he have most likely chosen... Why does the name Dr. Bath have me a little bit worried right about now?

PirateMonk
2008-10-27, 05:19 PM
"I think we learned the folly of random bandwagoning yesterday. Unless someone has actual evidence, killing people at random is about as likely to kill one of those S.E.U. guys again as it is to kill one of the things."

Heroic
2008-10-27, 05:22 PM
Hey nice call guys! :smallannoyed:

Reinholdt
2008-10-27, 06:31 PM
MWAHAHAHAHA!!Ha!

Emperor Demonking
2008-10-28, 03:42 AM
Murska seems to be the most pro-town.

Murska
2008-10-28, 07:46 AM
You want to lynch me because I'm the most pro-town? :smallconfused:

In other words, Dr. Bath.

Dr. Bath
2008-10-28, 12:39 PM
Great idea, Murska. Just because I accidentally got a seer killed (which I can have no knowledge of if a wolf) that makes me suspicious? I would also make a fairly awful horror as, guess what? People are just going to lynch me today with no reasoning.

And considering you've only been posting one (very short) sentence for each point. With no reasoning I might add. To me that smells of a player who's laying low.

Murska
2008-10-28, 02:41 PM
I mostly pointed at you since you're the only non-me player who's been pointed at. :smallwink:

I'll switch if you will. Look: I start! Emperor Demonking.

Hyozo
2008-10-28, 02:47 PM
I'll point at Saint Nil again unless Selrahc or the other seer/fool comes forward with a succesful scry.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-28, 02:55 PM
((About 24 hours left of this day now, vote or well... miss to vote?))

Aemoh
2008-10-28, 04:17 PM
*points at Shishnarfne*

Cause I haven't pointed at him in awhile. In other words, no clue who to vote for.

PirateMonk
2008-10-28, 08:39 PM
"Murska seems more suspicious than anyone else."

Griever
2008-10-28, 10:35 PM
PirateMonk.

Nychta
2008-10-29, 01:12 AM
Griever obligatory text

Murska
2008-10-29, 02:21 PM
Aww. First the forum jammed and then I forgot my last words... I was supposed to think up some memorable yet repeatable ones so I could use 'em again later and people'd be like "OMG Murska said that in S.E.U too! Let's not lynch him, he's a villager power role!" :smallfrown:

EDIT: Maximizing my chances of surviving random bandwagons: Mordokai. Also because I always end up causing his death one way or another.

Mordokai
2008-10-29, 02:34 PM
Not this time, Murska.

Murska
2008-10-29, 03:31 PM
Please lynch/kill Mordokai after I'm dead.

There. This time too. :smallwink:

Mordokai
2008-10-29, 04:03 PM
No comment. Not appropriate for wide public, at least.

Shadowcaller
2008-10-29, 06:08 PM
Everything was so white, it was like the clouds had decided to visit Hollows Way and then stayed there for a while. But despite the fog the crowd gathered once again and everyone feelt it, someone was going to die today.

The days seemed to grow shorter and shorter every day and despite the fact that it was still mid-day it was gloomy.
In my mind I saw Blue Umbrella stand there in the corner of my eye, but when I turned around he was gone, there was definitely something wrong with this day or maybe I was just tired. These events have taken a heavy tool on my mind.

And yet there was more to come, Murska and Dr. Bath I didin't knew any of them especially well but right now they were just possible things to me, not even human anymore.

Murska like Hero 1.0 before him didn't stand much chance against the mob, they or rahter me since I see me as guilty as them in this.

Murska was choosen, I don't know the reasons but his body burned that day, I didin't stay long enough to hear him scream thankfully...

There is a full moon rising tonight and I can't help to wonder what this night will bring.

Murska was lynched, he was a villager

Night starts and will end in about 24 hourrs depending how fast I get your night actions.

Murska
2008-10-30, 03:18 AM
Aww. First villager-lynch in ages and I have nothing to say. :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2008-10-30, 06:40 PM
Despite the fog the sky was so clear that you could see the full moon tonight, Selrahc shuddered, why did he take this job in the first place?

He heard crows nearby, could the creature become animals too? He didn't want to think about it. Tonight his mission was to confirm the identity of a human, not a animal.

He suspected that there would be no easy sleepers tonight, if the paranoia made them kill innocent people it would also keep them awake at night. This would be so much easier if the radio contact had not been disturbed, he needed the other team members now.

It was hard to see anything it this blasted fog he thought as he were closing in on his target, or at least were he suspected his target may sleep.
"Hey there!" Selrahc froze as he heard the voice behind him.

"What are you sneaking around here for?" Selrahc feel himself become very nervous, he didn't want to be found out here sneaking around, these villagers were paranoid, people had been killed for lesser things that sneaking around at night, he could still remember Hero 1.0's scream...

"Well I-" then he noticed something was wrong with the man he talked to, something was very wrong.

He feel himself become very calm as he lifted his gun and put it to his head, "I don't want to become a monster" was his last thoughts.

Selrahc was killed by the horrors, he was the Paranoid S.E.U. Operator (fool).

Day Starts

Uncle Festy
2008-10-30, 07:27 PM
Meh. Mordokai again.

Mordokai
2008-10-30, 07:36 PM
I just pointed at you in Grave Robbers. Does that mean I can't point at you here as well?

Naaaah!

Uncle Festy

PirateMonk
2008-10-30, 09:07 PM
Mordokai at random.

Nychta
2008-10-30, 11:27 PM
Griever more text again

Hyozo
2008-10-30, 11:47 PM
Another day, another point at Saint Nil.

Griever
2008-10-31, 03:33 AM
Emperor Demonking. Reasons not included... yet.

Emperor Demonking
2008-10-31, 04:22 AM
Mordokai - You'd gthink they'd be less random with two seers.

Dr. Bath
2008-10-31, 12:00 PM
Shishnarfne strikes me as a bit suspicious, he'd be a fairly shrewd choice for a follow up horror, and the fact he seems to being paying attention to the game makes me beleive he could be a horror (Selrahc came out as a SEU member on the first day, I was suprised he didn't die earlier, due to the potential for alliance forming.)

Uncle Festy
2008-10-31, 12:54 PM
Mordokai - You'd gthink they'd be less random with two seers.

One now – the others are dead. :smallannoyed:

Saint Nil
2008-10-31, 12:55 PM
Emperor Demonking. Lets give him a try.

Mordokai
2008-10-31, 01:11 PM
Changing point to Emperor Demonking and hoping that somebody will change it as well, saving my ass by doing that.

Murska
2008-10-31, 01:16 PM
Changing point to Emperor Demonking and hoping that somebody will change it as well, saving my ass by doing that.

I would, except that you, ya know, lynched me. :smallwink:

Mordokai
2008-10-31, 01:23 PM
*whistles innocently*

Totally worht it.

Shishnarfne
2008-10-31, 03:28 PM
"Well, can't say I was surprised someone went after Selrahc... but I'm not sure that we have too much... Perhaps the bandwagon against EDK came a little bit quickly... What have you to say about this one, Mordokai?"

Mordokai
2008-10-31, 03:29 PM
I already said, saving my skin. If that makes me wolf, lynch me. But you have nothing on me... which I guess is more then enough.

Bah, why do I even bother?

Aemoh
2008-10-31, 05:19 PM
*random point at iceddragons*

Cause I don't like lynching Mordokai, and I've lynched EDK enough lately. Heh, basically the same excuse in Grave Robbers just now.

EDK, you've really gotta work on not making people want to lynch you so early :smalltongue:

Shadowcaller
2008-11-01, 09:07 PM
((Okay This narration is going to be a bit wierd, but its something atleast, read it like a poem or a song.:smallwink:))

The snow fell on my funeral.

In a weather without blessings, with flowers at his side I laid. Like a boy in a oversized costume.

Like the earth had opened and swallowed me without any chance to say good bye, when the eight clock rang from the chapel I thought, this is going to be the death of me.

I froze and feelt the tears came, but I only cried for all the time that had passed.

To count every hour, every second of your life was something I never had understood.

I wandered trought all the years that had passed in a labyrinth of self-contempt.
A shadow in a mirror came to me, a contour that I wasen't even able to see.

This guide gave me her hand and took me to a gate in a dead end. But whatever that was behind that gate I was to afraid too open it.

And the earth had opened and swallowed me and colored the sky red.
When the ninth clock rang from the chapel I knew that this was going to be my death.

Like in a drugged sleep I sank down into the earth.
I knew all the pain soon would pass.
And I was no longer afraid.

On the other side of the gate I found freedom, a feeling I never feelt before.
A trace of eternity, a peace like when everything is over, everything has come to an end.

And when the earth opened and swallowed me and cowered everything I was.
When the tenth clock rang from the chapel I knew that this was my death.

Here my story could have ended, in a graveyard at a forgotten grave.
But in this grave where no one is resting, here lies the person I once was.

Mordokai was lynched, he was a villager

Night Begins

Shadowcaller
2008-11-02, 06:36 PM
Another night in this hell hole, only duty keeps me here now. If I can prevent those things from spreading I will give my life, gladly.

I see them in the outlines of my vision, like shadows they are dancing before my eyes. Sometimes I wonderer if the visions are worse then the beasts themselves.

I'm going mad, another scream tonight another blow to my sanity. It was Pirate Monk, it was him all along, the belly of the beast, the deceiver of mankind.

I saw him smile in my dream or was it in real life? I hardly know the difference anymore, I need to sleep. But to sleep would be to embrace the madness.

I can't go on like, I can't think anymore. What have a done to deserve this oh cruel gods? What did human kind did that offended you this much.

They are coming, they are coming into my dreams, my vision, my eyes, my brain...

Help me...

PirateMonk was a horror all along, he have now merged with another player, but who?

Dr. Bath
2008-11-02, 06:40 PM
Still Shishnarfne. As per previous statement. What? There could be more than one horror left.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-02, 06:40 PM
Meh, Aemoh.

Emperor Demonking
2008-11-03, 10:54 AM
Shifnarfne - Most pro-town.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-03, 04:37 PM
About 24 hours left of this day now.

Griever
2008-11-03, 05:22 PM
((*yawns* Okay, here we go. I'm the last seer, scried Emperor Demonking as a horror. If the baner wants to protect and contact me, that would be awesome.))

Uncle Festy
2008-11-03, 05:30 PM
Well, why not. EDK.

Shishnarfne
2008-11-03, 05:41 PM
"Well, it looks like a fairly decent lead here... Let's try and see if Griever is right about Emperor Demonking."

Nychta
2008-11-03, 07:19 PM
Emperor Demonking

Hyozo
2008-11-04, 02:18 AM
Have I voted yet today? No? In that case I'll point at Emperor Demonking.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-04, 07:03 PM
Emperor Demonking, we have found you atlast...

The villagers had gathered around the figure that apparently went by the name "Emperor Demonking" or "EDK". But he was neither emperor or king he was a monster.

Tell me EDK, when did you get infected?
Emperor Demonking just looked at Griever with a bored expression in his face.
You are going to die now anyway tell me something, if some parts of you are still human.

At first Emperor Demonking seemed to remain silent, but then he opened his mouth and said;

Into the dark, silently Griever, into the dark, silently.

Wha-

Emperor Demonkings thought suddenly grew and reached out for Grievers throat. Griever manages to utter a scream and then everything is thrown into chaos as Emperor Demonkings tongue have managed to warped itself around Grievers throat.

Emperor Demonking slowly "evolves" into a less and less human looking creature as the villagers are trying to kill it.

Griever must have passed out because the next thing he remembers is seeing Emperor Demonking burning corpse, still screaming in a far from human voice.

He felt around his throat, it was still sore after Emperor Demonkings attack, now to try wash away that horrible feeling in his head...

Emperor Demonking was lynched, he was one of the original Horrors.

Night Starts

Shadowcaller
2008-11-05, 06:33 PM
A figure slowly stepped out of one of the houses in Hollows Way, as far as the eye can see there was a think white fog covering the village.
After a moment or two the figure stepped back inside, back to the warmth and safety of the house.

But there was something else in that house tonight, something that was not quite human.

He or she, no right now "it" would be the correct term as it like human snake it slithered across the floor to its intended victim.

The houses inhabitant moved toward the bad unaware of the thing that lurked within the once so seemingly safe house walls.

The light was put out and the person crept silently to bed, maybe there would be safe to sleep tonight, just for some hours.

But there was no cover under those sheets as the not so human invader approached. A touch, that was all it took, the human hardly noticed it as the creature crawled into the bed and the before the human even realized it the process had already started.

Skin joined with skin, tissue with tissue, bones with bones, so slowly that the human could feel how the change begun to take place, how he or she slowly became one with the thing.

As they rapidly became one the last parts of the human cried out in pure terror, fright and horror. A remnant of primal fear etched into the human brain at the beginning of time.

Then something new awoke within the human and the process was completed.

Aemoh a non-original horror merged with another player during this night, but who? Can you trust anyone anymore? See into their eyes, are they really human?

Day Starts

Dr. Bath
2008-11-05, 06:58 PM
iceddragons The last time Aemoh voted it was for iceddragons, who is just active enough to not be all that suspicious, but not so active that anyone picks him out. There are only seven left now, three of which are SEU members. So if I am picking an SEU member SAY. No really. Tell us. If we start lynching SEU members, we lose. If we lynch unknowns/unseered we definitely have a chance. I reckon there is either one or two more horrors. Probably only one more, due to how hard it is to analyse and find them.

Hyozo
2008-11-05, 07:34 PM
iceddragons The last time Aemoh voted it was for iceddragons, who is just active enough to not be all that suspicious, but not so active that anyone picks him out. There are only seven left now, three of which are SEU members. So if I am picking an SEU member SAY. No really. Tell us. If we start lynching SEU members, we lose. If we lynch unknowns/unseered we definitely have a chance. I reckon there is either one or two more horrors. Probably only one more, due to how hard it is to analyse and find them.

Two, actually. There were four to start with, Hero1.0 got lynched, Selrahc got killed, that leaves two, one of which is (apparently) Griever. I admit that I am not the other one (the baner) and, since you seem to be unaware, I will assume that the same can be said of you.

I know I'm not a horror. I am convinced that Griever is not a horror. While I was suspicious of Nil early on, I know that he probably wasn't a horror to start with, and it's slightly less likely that the horrors would recruit somebody who there were already slightly reasonable suspicions against. That reduces my suspect list to four people, three if one of them makes a baner claim. Since, for the reasons I mentioned above, I'm convinced you're not the baner, you are currently slightly higher on my suspect list than the other three. I am sorry if i'm wrong, but I'm pointing at Dr. Bath.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-06, 05:50 PM
((About 24 hours left of this day now.))

Nychta
2008-11-06, 10:39 PM
Oh well usually Dr. Bath has some semblance of logic. Iceddragons.

Griever
2008-11-07, 02:08 AM
Uncle Festy.

Baner... contacting me would be... like... you know... awesome.

Saint Nil
2008-11-07, 08:45 AM
Iceddragons

Shishnarfne
2008-11-07, 02:58 PM
You know, I'm not sure I really see the logic here... Maybe Uncle Festy makes more sense to follow... Maybe I'm just reluctant given Dr. Bath's record of pointing at me in the past...

Shadowcaller
2008-11-07, 07:26 PM
Another death last night, the sad thing is that we don't even know who, the only one missing is Aemoh. I have recovered some from yesterday, maybe because I managed to sleep a bit last night, maybe I can do that tomorrow night too, hopefully.

The villagers don't seems to care about anything about reason anymore they just kill, not that I care anymore.
Todays victim was iceddragons, without Grievers leadership I fear that they are completely clueless since iceddragons was not one of them he was still human as they threw his body on the flame. I will spare you the details for once.

I really wish I could do something do prevent all this but I'm powerless right now, instead I'm going to try to fix our communications, maybe there is some way to contact the outside world. Just hope "they" don't know how do use a phone.

I think I need to begin taking extreme measures to make sure my side don't lose, I will win this, at any cost, no sacrifice is too great to kill those things.

iceddragons was lynched, he was a villager

Night Starts

Shadowcaller
2008-11-09, 05:00 AM
The fog disappeared during the night, I didin't notice becuase I sleept, the whole night.

It feels like my spirits has been lifted, as I counted the remaining people in this village I realize that for once there is no one missing. I don't know if I should feel worried or relived by this but I can't help feeling hope. This gives us some breathing space, now we just have to figure out who or rather what that is killing us, taking us over.

Somone one is going to die today and I truly hope thast they hit the right target this time since I don't think I can call for the cavalry just yet.

It is a matter of time now, if I only could get this radio working I could fix all this...

The Horrors didn't merge with anyone tonight, but why? What can they be up to?

Day Starts

Griever
2008-11-09, 12:07 PM
Saint Nil.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-09, 02:03 PM
Hmm. Xnadia seems suspicious, unless someone else has a better idea.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-09, 05:11 PM
((About 24 hours left of this day now.))

Dr. Bath
2008-11-09, 05:38 PM
I'm still saying Shishnarfne, but he could a) check out with the seer or b) be the baner. If either of these is the case, I will happily change my point.

Doubly so since he has not been online since Friday and the night started yesterday. Any Horror in their right mind mind would have targeted Griever (as he is the baner), or at least targeted someone, otherwise it just gives the seer more time to find you.

Nychta
2008-11-09, 07:25 PM
What have I done to be suspicious?

If the baner someone is pointing at St. Nil, I see no reason not to...

EDIT:@V: Oh. You are probably right. I promise I'll be more attentive after exams.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-09, 07:36 PM
Erm…
Isn't he the seer?

Shishnarfne
2008-11-10, 11:46 AM
Well, I guess that I find xNadia reasonably suspicious... And I would have sent in an action before leaving for the weekend, were I one of the horrors... I've done it before.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-10, 05:36 PM
Night was setting as the villagers still discussed who they thought was one of those things, the only one not discussing was Griever that stood in the middle of the village staring at the bonfire with glistening eyes. xNadia curious why Griever seemed to enthralled by the fire decided to talk with him.

Griever, what are you looking at?

Fire, the key to all life and yet the bringer of death, there is perfection in the light, in the flame that we will never understand.

...What?

Griever suddenly took up a burning torch from the bonfire and with a dramatic spin toward xNadia he had in his outreached hand the torch just *centimeters from xNadias face.

Whoa, keep that flame away from me!

Afraid of the light xNadia? You shouldn't be its the only purity in this world of corruption, the only light in the darkness.

What the hell are you talking about Griever? Have you slept at all the last days?

Slept? The light is keeping me awake at night guardian me from the corrupter's, sleep is a weakness, a helper of the enemy, something the flame have helped me overcome!

Are you even listening to yourself now Griever? You have gone insane!

Grievers glittering eyes suddenly stared at xNadia.

What did you just say?

Griever you are-

The flames are whispering to me from afar xNadia, they know of your secret, you are one of them!

The others that had just watched that had payed little to the conversation until now but as Griever begun screaming they realized that something was wrong.

But before anyone could act Griever made a sudden move, he threw the burning torch at xNadia who's clothes instantly bursts into flames.

As xNadia screamed in pain the others could only watch in horror, Dr. Bath threw himself at Griever as he just stood there watching xNadia burn.

What the hell did you just do?! You bastard! I will-

Dr. Bath stopped himself as he heard xNadia scream once again, but this time in a very different manner. He turned around and saw a burning vision before his very eyes.

xNadia or at least the thing that had looked as xNadia burned as a rag-doll in the fading light of thew sunset, like a second sun had suddenly appeared in the middle of the village.

Horrified the others could just watch as the burning thing slowly was eaten by the flames. After a few minutes that had once been xNadia was a unformed mass of ash with things that sticked out of it that looked like claws and teeth's that looked a bit too human but at the same time completely alien.

Griever was the first person to move, he picked up some of xNadias ash and let it run trough his fingers.

See? Only the pure remains...

xNadia was lynched, she was a Horror

Night begins

((*Centimeters, yes I'm not from America))

Uncle Festy
2008-11-10, 07:07 PM
:smallconfused:
Not that I'm complaining or anything… but wasn't Nil supposed to be lynched?
I mean, unless you use an irregular tiebreaker method…

Shadowcaller
2008-11-11, 06:35 PM
It is with tears in my eyes I am writing what I am hoping to be the last entry in this diary and the last night in this cursed town.

We have found the last horror, or at least I hope so. But unfortunately to a great price, Uncle Festy the commander of my unit died last night.

I am guilty of this, if I only had fixed the radio in time this could have prevented all the deaths could have been prevented...

Uncle Festy was a great friend of mine and I swear that his sacrifice will not have been in vain. I will make those things things pay for what they have don, not only to Uncle Festy but to everyone that have died to this point.

But I will not my thirst for vengeance cloud my judgment, the last horror will not be brought down easily, it has survived until this point have it not? I have contacted the others, they must help me kill this thing before it can spread outside this village.

And in other news, I think I may have fixed the radio now, just a bit too late...

Uncle Festy took suicide rather then become one of the horrors, he was the S.E.U. Commander (Baner).

The Last Day of the game begins!

Uncle Festy
2008-11-11, 07:33 PM
Ah well.
Comments belayed until the end of the game (which is only 48 hours, but still…)

Dr. Bath
2008-11-11, 08:01 PM
M'kay. So there are four players left. Me, Griever, St. Nil and Shishnarfne.

The horror hasn't swapped bodies in two nights, so as long as Griever scried two different people, we should be in the clear.

So who have you scried Griever?

Griever
2008-11-11, 11:28 PM
M'kay. So there are four players left. Me, Griever, St. Nil and Shishnarfne.

The horror hasn't swapped bodies in two nights, so as long as Griever scried two different people, we should be in the clear.

So who have you scried Griever?

Very astute, Dr. Bath.

Shisnarfne is a villager.

And you are a villager.

Saint Nil, where art thou?

Shishnarfne
2008-11-12, 10:14 AM
Very well, it appears that Saint Nil would be the last... thing, and that yesterday we an apparent tie between the two remaining... creatures...

Edit @ St. Nil:

Convenient, if you're the last horror. This would keep you alive. I think that it should not be the case where there would be more than one left alive. If Griever is not the seer, then who is, and why has he been allowed to claim the role without protests? Again, if Griever and Dr. Bath were horrors, why did they not intervene to insure that xNadia was not lynched?

Second edit: If there were two horrors left, they would've already won. Thus, there must only be one. Since you are claiming that there are two, I tend to disbelieve you.

Saint Nil
2008-11-12, 10:17 AM
Isn't it obvious? Our good friend "Griever" is a horror. Bath is a horror. Elimnating other horrors was a plan to allow them to survive through the game. Shishnarfne, by lynching me, they win. Griever. The Horrror in me was lying.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-12, 10:52 AM
Once everyone has voted I will end this day early since it is the last day. If not Dr. Bath vote within 24 hours or anyone wnat to change their vote I will end this day like normal.

But remember once Dr bath vote this day will be over.

Saint Nil
2008-11-12, 11:20 AM
SaintNil- He's a horror.
Majority points at Saint Nil, I die. Maybe a horror with a concious. Maybe Festy's death awoke the human memories in me. Either way, end my suffering as a horror.

Dr. Bath
2008-11-12, 12:20 PM
I think I might vote for St. Nil.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-12, 07:44 PM
The last remaining inhabitants of Hollows Way gathered one last time, they all knew it there was only one of those things left and if they didn't kill it now it would kill them all in the night.

Edmund leading the small mob shifted his gaze upon each of the remaining villagers.

Griever, the one everyone thought was a S.E.U. agent.

Dr. Bath, the doctor of the village.

Saint Nil, the only Priest in Hollows Way.

Shishnarfne, a writer that had come to this isolated village to get inspiration to his new book.
But everyone knew who was going to die.

You Saint Nil, you are one of those things...

What no, I can't... No it can't be, I got a life like all of you!
I can't be like xNadia or the other I can't be... I have memories, I...

Save it monster, torch him!

No wait! I remember a lab... Please! I can help you!

Edmund Stepped in front of the angry villagers, Wait lets hear what he got to say.

The villagers that still hold a certain distance from now confirmed horror fearing that he any minute from now would transform into something horrible.

I am not like the others, I tried to resist I really did...

You said something about a lab?

Yes... I think I was born there no... I'm Sain Nil not a horror, I'm human!
Sain Nil had begun sweating, his body had begun turning red.

Okay, please calm down and we will not hurt you, just tell us of this lab.

The villagers grunted in disappointment, they would not let this creature live.

It... Is too... late... I can't resist... No, I will not die a monster!

And with those words Saint Nil leaped into the bonfire screaming, it was all over in a few seconds. Saint Nil, the horror had taken his own life.

Shishnarfne was the first person to speak, Its... Its over

Edmund turned his back to the remains of Saint Nil, Yes, it is finally over.

Griever nodded, Yes Edmund and we got Dr. Bath and Shishnarfne to thank for it, I would on the behalf of the S.E.U. thank you for your aid even tough you have lost many of your friends I can assure you that it could have been much, much worse.

Dr. Bath and Shishnarfne just stood there, somehow the victory didn't seems as important once they thought over all the innocent people that had met a fate worse then death during these few days, almost all the villagers in Hollows Way had been killed, the village would never recover.

Griever if you keep a watch over Saint Nils body I think i got a call to make...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

S.E.U. Command Center, who am I talking to?

Thank the gods, this is Edmun Irrens and I'm calling from Hollows Way and I need back up immediately, I repeat Hollows Way.

Hold on a moment sir...
Yes, Edmund Irrens you are a confirmed member of the S.E.U.

Well i don't need you to tell me that, just send reinforcements to hollows Way and hurry up!

Sir, I don't have any information on a team in Hollows Way, no such orders have been issued.

What are you talking about? We were ordered here by... someone.

Someone?

Well, I... I can't remember his name but thats not important just send us reinforcements!

Sir, I can't just send a team to some unknown village without any confirmation.

I am your confirmation for gods sake! Just do it!

*click*

Oh for-

The Connection was not broken Edmund.

What? Who am I speaking to?

No names, I just want a nice chat between the two of us.

I don't know who you are but if your a member of the S.E.U. just tell them to send someone over here, we got a major crisis on our hands here.

I am aware of that Edmund, I just wanted to know how the whole thing worked out.

...What? What are you implying?

Well how many casualties? How did the villagers react to this threat?

Can we please talk about this later, I-
Wait, do you have something do to with all this?

Edmund I asked you a simple question, please answer it and I may answer some of yours.

I will not answer any questions before you tell me what you have to do with this, was it you who made that phone call?

Sigh, I had hoped you would be more willing to cooperate. Would perhaps a small donation change your mind? There would be a briefcase waiting for you when you get home.

People are dying here and you are talking about money? Do you have any idea what I have been trough the last days?!

Well thats exactly what I want to know and if you don't tell me this I'm sure someone else will, your uncooperative attitude will not change anything, be sure of that.

I think this conversation is over, I don't want to have any-

*Click*

We have confirmed your location, S.E.U. agents are on the way.

Just hurry, I think this got a lot more complicated...

Saint Nil was lynched, he was the last Horror!

The Game has now ended with the villagers as the winners!

You may now discuss the game and its outcome.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-12, 07:53 PM
Woohoo! We won!
This one really came down to the wire. The deciding day was really the last one where I was alive – I had just gotten into contact with Griever, there were three unknowns (Bath, Nil, and Xnadia –*Shishnarfne had been cleared by the previous night's scry). Two of them were horrors, and we needed to lynch one to win the game. And we did. :smallbiggrin:
Anyways, the last night was a bit complicated. From my perspective, my death was the best case scenario, as you can see from what ended up happening – I considered claiming on the last night to try and get the Horrors to target me, but I thought that would be too obvious. The worst case scenario would be Griever dying, so I protected him on the last night – which is why I died.
Anyways, it was a fun game, even if it was a bit weighted towards the villagers (4 good guys roles that could be perfectly trusted vs. 4 horrors? That was a bit unbalanced, in my opinion).

Dr. Bath
2008-11-12, 07:58 PM
But seriously. Griever outed (quietly) on like the first/second day. Why didn't the horrors kill him? A lot? I also thought that the horrors should definitely have utilised their powers more. There were only half a dozen-ish switches, and it was that which led to them being caught. If you change body regularly the seers are only good for finding other SEU members, which you're more likely to kill since you're switching most nights. I reckon the Horrors might've won if they had been a bit more willing to sacrifice themselves for the 'greater good'. :smalltongue:

PirateMonk
2008-11-12, 08:40 PM
But seriously. Griever outed (quietly) on like the first/second day. Why didn't the horrors kill him? A lot? I also thought that the horrors should definitely have utilised their powers more. There were only half a dozen-ish switches, and it was that which led to them being caught. If you change body regularly the seers are only good for finding other SEU members, which you're more likely to kill since you're switching most nights. I reckon the Horrors might've won if they had been a bit more willing to sacrifice themselves for the 'greater good'. :smalltongue:

There were 7 nights. On the first, I contacted Reinholdt. On two, S.E.U. members were killed. On one, Saint Nil couldn't send in an action due to extreme illness. On the remaining three, we moved around.

As for Griever, we assumed, probably correctly, that he was being protected.

Uncle Festy
2008-11-12, 09:04 PM
The worst case scenario would be Griever dying, so I protected him on the last night – which is why I died.

@^: Yup, he was.

Saint Nil
2008-11-12, 09:14 PM
Aw well, at least I had a cool death scene. ANyway, I sort of blame myself for this sorry I wasn't able to send in the night kill my first chance, but as PM said, I was way too sick. Think Belkar sick.

Reinholdt
2008-11-12, 09:55 PM

It wasn't necessarily a choice. If the horror targeted another horror, night was wasted and the got together. If they targeted a power role, it died instead. So that means a lone horror at the beginning of the game had about a 50% chance of not body swapping (not including a lucky bane on a villager).

Shadowcaller
2008-11-13, 10:53 AM
Well i had some ideas for the next game, for one I'm going to ste- burrow a few ideas from spytrap.
I will reduce the numbers of seers/fools and replace them with a mason group that may nor may not be able to be "infected".

Any other suggestions for the next S.E.U. game?

Shishnarfne
2008-11-13, 10:58 AM
Both sides made arguable mistakes (e.g. lynched a Seer, missed a night action), but it still came down to the last day and a close contest. I think that the ruleset was interesting, but it makes villagers a little less influential, in my opinion. Any influential villager makes themself a target for a Horror. Any scried villager is typically kept in the dark (and their status not mentioned) due to recruitment. Tracking voting patterns is less important as Horrors change over time...

I think that this style of "recruitment" makes for an interesting game, and I think it reasonably well balanced... How well would it work in a larger game? I'm not sure.
It was a fun game, and unfortunately, I didn't get as into it as I probably could've, but I would like to thank Dr. Bath for keeping the Horrors from targeting me...:smallwink: As long as you were insisting I was a "good choice" for a Horror (thanks for the compliment, I don't get many in WW games), I figured I wasn't likely to be targeted for a recruitment, and just had to duck lynches...

Duos
2008-11-13, 12:46 PM
Well, after lurking throughout the entire game (like I have for every game :smalltongue:) , I'd have to say it looks pretty balanced; well done, Shadowcaller, awesome narration as well. However, I could almost feel the seer's frustration- every time someone got body snatched, the seers would have to recheck their whole network, that is, assuming they had one going- it was a small game after all. As a suggestion, you could put in more horrors, but only have, say, a 50% chance to swap bodies, killing the target instead on a failure. Oh, and kudos to the villagers on their win.

Shadowcaller
2008-11-14, 07:40 AM
Well, after lurking throughout the entire game (like I have for every game :smalltongue:) , I'd have to say it looks pretty balanced; well done, Shadowcaller, awesome narration as well. However, I could almost feel the seer's frustration- every time someone got body snatched, the seers would have to recheck their whole network, that is, assuming they had one going- it was a small game after all. As a suggestion, you could put in more horrors, but only have, say, a 50% chance to swap bodies, killing the target instead on a failure. Oh, and kudos to the villagers on their win.

Thanks Duos, thats what all narrators wants to hear:smallsmile:.