PDA

View Full Version : Mysidia as a civilization in Fall From Heaven in CIvilization IV.

ArlEammon
2008-10-19, 07:36 PM
Civilization IV is a game that I thought people were familiar with on this forum... ugh... never mind... look here.

Mysidia is a country from Final Fantasy IV and II full of wizards. I wondered what it would be like with Fall From Heaven II, which is a mod you can load in Civilization IV, a very POPULAR mod.

Mysidia, land of the Magicians
Leader:
Tellah; Arcane, Philosophical(Good)
Mindu; Arcane, Charismatic(Good)
Unique Unit; Sage
Favorite Civic; Scholarship

Cities: Mysidia, (any clue for other city names?)
Civilization Trait: Wisemen
Mysidia receives research beakers for every food resource or water tile. In addition, they may choose to produce mages without mage guilds... at a production penalty.
Special Building:
Tower of Wishes(Replaces the Palace),(+3 happiness, +2 Life Mana, +2 Fire Mana)
Serpent Road: Low maintenance cost version of Obsidian gate, available early and increases trade by 3.
Heros:
Palom
Porum

Is this a good idea for the Fall From Heaven II mod?

Dervag
2008-10-20, 12:49 AM
Could you give us some text so we have something to discuss? I mean, that's interesting, but except for people who are very familiar with the Fall From Heaven mod and with this "Mysidia" civilization, I doubt anyone knows what you're trying to say. Or what to say in response.

ArlEammon
2008-10-20, 12:56 AM
Civilization IV is a game that I thought people were familiar with on this forum... ugh... never mind... look here.

Mysidia is a country from Final Fantasy IV and II full of wizards. I wondered what it would be like with Fall From Heaven II, which is a mod you can load in Civilization IV, a very POPULAR mod.

Mysidia, land of the Magicians
Leader:
Tellah; Arcane, Philosophical(Good)
Mindu; Arcane, Charismatic(Good)
Unique Unit; Sage
Favorite Civic; Scholarship

Cities: Mysidia, (any clue for other city names?)
Civilization Trait: Wisemen
Mysidia receives research beakers for every food resource or water tile. In addition, they may choose to produce mages without mage guilds... at a production penalty.
Special Building:
Tower of Wishes(Replaces the Palace),(+3 happiness, +2 Life Mana, +2 Fire Mana)
Serpent Road: Low maintenance cost version of Obsidian gate, available early and increases trade by 3.
Heros:
Palom
Porum

Is this a good idea for the Fall From Heaven II mod?

Tom_Violence
2008-10-20, 03:25 AM
Sounds like a reasonably good idea. Only thing is, I don't really know how the Fall From Heaven team select new things to go in there, and there's a high chance that they've enough on their plate just dealing with things as they already are.

Related to that, given that this is a race from an already-established canon, I'm not sure how much they'd want to throw it in there. I mean, I always figured that Fall From Heaven was trying to be a setting in its own right (to an extent, anyway), so I don't really know if something from Final Fantasy would slot in particularly well.

Dervag
2008-10-20, 03:44 AM

Mysidia is a country from Final Fantasy IV and II full of wizards. I wondered what it would be like with Fall From Heaven II, which is a mod you can load in Civilization IV, a very POPULAR mod. Thank you. I knew what Civilization IV was, and I happen to know at least a little about the Fall From Heaven mod, but I'd never heard of Mysidia before in my life.

So you're proposing stats for a new civilization in the mod? I'm not qualified to judge how well balanced it is. Have you playtested it?

Rion
2008-10-20, 11:04 AM
Are you sure it fits FfH 2? The team are quite clearly going for a "Dark Fantasy" setting and has rejecte including unicorns several times for this reason. I don't think they fit in with the Balseraphs, Bannor, Calabim, Sheaim etc.

For anyone who might not know of this mod, this is their subforum:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Their lore section (so you can learn who all those I mentioned are):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=279

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you visit the lore subforum pay special attention to any post by MagisterCultuum, I don't know any words that can describe how much he knows about FfH lore.

RPGuru1331
2008-10-20, 02:47 PM
Are you sure it fits FfH 2? The team are quite clearly going for a "Dark Fantasy" setting and has rejecte including unicorns several times for this reason. I don't think they fit in with the Balseraphs, Bannor, Calabim, Sheaim etc.
Just mod mod it yourself. There's no way you'll get the creators to include a new civ, since they based it off an old DnD game. Mod mods are how people managed to play Faeryl before Shadow, and most of htem gave her Arc/Rai anyway.

Also HOLY CRAP that is OP.

Palaces are +1 Happy, +3 different mana, usually. *+COMMERCE* on *Everything else*? Do you realize that Fin is more powerful just for boosting Commerce on Commerce squares (Granted, a bit less so in FFH2 since an SE is better, in the end, then a CE). I don't see why they need their own trait; I'm not familiar with Mindu, but the traits seem fine on their own.

Cuddly
2008-10-20, 04:26 PM
Doesn't getting huge research bonuses just for being close to grass or water seem a little imba?

I'm not familiar with FfH, but I am familiar with Civ4.

ArlEammon
2008-10-20, 04:35 PM
Oh. I'm not proposing addign it to the mod, just want to know how powerful they might be. I thought that actually, it made sense for the Mages to get research bonuses for being next to water because they had the Water crystal in-game.

And that magicians have historicaly been country dwellers. It just makes sense to me, since they study herbs so much.

RPGuru1331
2008-10-20, 04:43 PM
Mm, no, too powerful. I could see maaaybe getting an extra beaker on reagants, but certainly not /everywhere/. The Amurites are as magocratic as it gets, and the effect that had was a UB that granted extra experience to their magi, not "Free Research everywhere for use on everything".