PDA

View Full Version : Master of materia a prc (Idea by a friend of mine)

Frog Dragon
2008-10-20, 01:37 PM
Master of Materia

Master of Materia
Master's of materia are sometime rogues who want the skill to create their tools when they need or druids who seek to better understand the land they walk on. Being a Master of Materia requires one to understand the basics on which materia exists on. Most Masters of Materia are focused on the present and it's simple concerns. Whatever they may be. Masters of Materia are often shunned by spiritual people for their focus on earthly matters.

Hit Die: d6
Requirements
Alingment: Any
Skills: Knowledge (Nature), 8 ranks Craft (Alchemy) 6 ranks, Knowledge (Geography) 6 ranks
Special: Wisdom score of at least 13

Class Skills
Knowedge (Nature) (Int), Craft (Alchemy) (Int), Survival (Wis), Concentration, (Con), Use Magic Device (Cha), Heal (Wis), Decipher Script (Int), Knowledge (Geography) (Int)
A Master of Materia gainst 4 skill points + int modifier each level

Class Features
A Master of Materia gains no additional weapon or armor profiencies

Master Of Materia
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+2|Shape Materia (3/day)

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+3|Living Materia

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+3|Shape Materia (5/day)

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|magic Materia

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+4|Master of Materia[/table]

Shape Materia (lvl 1)
You shape materia into the form you desire.You cannot create an item that duplicates a spell effect such as a wand and you cannot create tomes.
You can manipulate materia at will and you can create temporary items out of the earth. - or any other material – These items last for 24 hours upon which they crumble into dust and meld into the ground. You can craft 3 items per day. The items craft DC cannot exceed 15. You cannot create alchemical potions or toxins with this skill. The items you create cannot be magical in any way.
The weight of the resultant item cannot exceed 25 pounds. The process takes 2 rounds to complete.
At level 3 you get two more uses of Shape materia and you can create items weighing 75 pounds at max. You have a value limit of 200 gp

Living Materia (lvl 2)
You can breathe life into materia.
You can expend one daily use of your Shape Materia ability to create a tiny animated object that is under your command for the duration of this abilty until which it crumbles into dust. Unlike normal animated objects it can be created straight from the materia and does not need to be an existing object that is being animated. It stays in existence for 24 hours. Alternatively you can expend two uses of Shape Materia to create a small animated object. The process takes five minutes to complete.

Magic Materia (lvl 4)
You can imbue your creations with magic.
Starting at level you can choose to expend 4 uses of your Shape Materia ability to create a +1 weapon or another minor magic item. It lasts for 24 hours and takes 2 rounds to complete. You cannot create items that duplicate spells or spell-like effects. You cannot create tomes.

Master of Materia
Your skills at manipulating materia have reached perfection.
Your Magic Materia ability reaches the ability to do+2 weapons and medium magic items that last for 24 hours. You gain two more uses of Shape Materia at a limit of 75 poundsper use. You can create medium animated objects with your Living Materia ability at a cost of 4 uses
You cannot create items that duplicate spells or spell-like effects. You cannot create tomes.

This is a prestige class that my friend suggested. he doesn't really know the mechanics so he was just throwing ideas and I felt this was good so i amde the mechanics. So what do you say? Should i change anything?