PDA

View Full Version : The Giants monsters

Kris Strife
2008-10-20, 09:36 PM
I'm pretty sure this has been asked O-chuls con to the power of Thogs Str times, but in the Q&A for OotS it says Rich designed about a dozen monsters for MM3. Does any one know which ones?

RTGoodman
2008-10-20, 10:11 PM
I think someone asked this in a thread before (probably right after the strip with the acid-born shark, since that's another of the Giant's creations), but I don't think there was an official answer.

If I were to guess, though, I'd say he probably did the Armand (I think armadillo-monk-people are probably something he'd make), maybe the Boneclaw (that'd be cool, too, since it's my favorite undead), the Ironclad Mauler (it's an armored bear -what's not to like), and maybe the Siege Crab. I know he definitely didn't do the Changeling, Shifters, or any of the Warforged (since their Eberron originals).

Mr.Bookworm
2008-10-20, 10:43 PM
He was also one of the three finalists for the campaign setting contest. Which resulted in Eberron.

While Eberron is awesome, I always wanted to see what Rich dreamt up. Though I imagine Wizards has legal control over it, or somesuch thing. *Wikipedias*

Yep, it's regarded as unpublished content, so therefore Rich is unable to talk about it. Though I would love to hear about the other three campaign settings he submitted, too.

Anyway, am I the only one who found out about the Giant being a game designer until after reading OotS? I did a spit take when I did a re-read of the Eberron introduction.

Gralamin
2008-10-20, 11:08 PM
I heard somewhere a long time ago he was responsible for the Prismatic Golem, but I don't believe there is any official list of what he made.

Kris Strife
2008-10-20, 11:17 PM
Ah. Personally I thought the ocarina monster... err surrsurrus has an Erfworld feel.

Also, vwoot! I got a response to a post!

Gralamin
2008-10-20, 11:24 PM
Ah. Personally I thought the ocarina monster... err surrsurrus has an Erfworld feel.

Also, vwoot! I got a response to a post!

Erfworld isn't made by the Giant, though it is obviously hosted here.

Kris Strife
2008-10-20, 11:52 PM
Erfworld isn't made by the Giant, though it is obviously hosted here.

I would imagine that the authors communicate on at least a semi-regular basis, and there has likely been some leakage of ideas between the two.

TheCountAlucard
2008-10-21, 12:14 AM
After seeing his name in Monster Manual III, I kinda suspected that Rich had something to do with the Grisgol... mind you, that's just my opinion.

Talic
2008-10-21, 12:17 AM
Some of the Giant's updates (mainly concerning simultaneous fast food references in the two comics) have hinted that there's not as much creative interdiscussion as is alluded to here.

Kris Strife
2008-10-21, 12:50 AM
the absence of proof is not the absence of existance... or something like that...

Anyways, I'll believe they dont discuss things when one of them actually says so.

RTGoodman
2008-10-21, 01:06 AM
the absence of proof is not the absence of existance... or something like that...

Anyways, I'll believe they dont discuss things when one of them actually says so.

Well, the News Post that Talic mentioned sort of implies it.

2/22/2008

In a weird cosmic convergence of minds, today's editions of both Erfworld and The Order of the Stick feature parodies of the same corporate restaurant logo—with neither Rob nor myself knowing the other was using it until he sent me his strip for today. I don't know what it means, exactly; either great minds think alike, or we're both hacks who mine the same material in a predictable manner.

But I do know that I recognize an omen when I see one, and I'm headed down the block for a chicken teryaki sub later today.

Also, I don't know for sure, but I relatively certain MMIII came out WAY before ErfWorld premiered, seeing as how MMIII was published in 2004 and Erf didn't premiere until December 7, 2006 - a day which will live in infamy.

So there! :smalltongue: :smallwink:

Kris Strife
2008-10-21, 02:33 PM
ah, well, nvm then. :p anyway,back to the topic at hand... what about Justicators, page 85?