PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 half-golem?

amanamana
2008-10-20, 10:53 PM
Just wondering: did they upgraded the half-golem template to 3.5? Because I've only seen it on 3.0...
If so, in which book is it in? Did they left the magic immunity of the golem part? What is it's LA?
Thank you all... I've been away from 3.x for a long time, but just thought of this now.

Rei_Jin
2008-10-20, 11:01 PM
If you check the WotC website, they put in an update for the MMII, which is where the Half-Golem templates are found.

Link is HERE (http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/DnD35_Monster_Manual_2.zip)

Text can be found below
Hit Dice: The character gains bonus hit points according to his size: one-half the bonus construct hit points for his size if he keeps his original type, or all the bonus hit points if he is now a construct. For the sample half-golems, change HD to 1d10+20 (25 hp).
Magic Immunity (Ex): A half-golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently against the creature, as noted in the appropriate golem descriptions. See Monster Manual for revised golem special attacks (note the change to clay golem's cursed wound).
Half-Golem, Clay: Construct; 5 ft./5 ft.; LA —;
Half-Golem, Flesh: Construct; 5 ft./5 ft.; 5/adamantine; LA —.
Half-Golem, Iron: Construct; 5 ft./5 ft.; LA —.
Half-Golem, Stone: Construct; 5 ft./5 ft.; LA —.

amanamana
2008-10-20, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the reply.:smallsmile:
So... no LA, then. You can't play a cyborg half-golem anymore?!:smallfrown:

No warforgeds please...

Rei_Jin
2008-10-20, 11:23 PM
Well, you can play them when they pass their will save, but when they fail, you can't.

Players can't play a Construct, it seems. Something about the loss of independence me thinks.

Of course, if they pass their save and retain their mortality, then you can play them all you like.

Frosty
2008-10-20, 11:31 PM
A Warforged could benefit from this template greatly...and it'd be a hilarious.

"Your mother is a trash heep and your father is an Iron Golem!"

amanamana
2008-10-20, 11:53 PM
Well, you can play them when they pass their will save, but when they fail, you can't.

Players can't play a Construct, it seems. Something about the loss of independence me thinks.

Of course, if they pass their save and retain their mortality, then you can play them all you like.

I remember that was the rule. But when I looked on that link you sent, there was no option of a half-golem with LA.

Rei_Jin
2008-10-21, 12:01 AM
*Nods*

They didn't do a very thorough job of updating it, did they?

I think that the reason they didn't give an LA is that their abilities are too powerful for most games. That being said, if your DM is willing to work with you on it, there's no problem there.

I'd personally give it an equal footing with the Half-Fiendish and Half-Celestial templates, as whilst you become immune to all magic that allows SR (asides from specific spells listed), that's almost as much of a drawback as it is a plus.

amanamana
2008-10-21, 12:07 AM
Well... thanks anyway.

Mina Kobold
2008-10-21, 09:33 AM
A Warforged could benefit from this template greatly...and it'd be a hilarious.

"Your mother is a trash heep and your father is an Iron Golem!"

warforges can't reproduce (but it could be made by the spell of making it sentient was interrubted) the warforged could of course had his soul/whatever being out of him for some reason and returned while somebody was turning his body into a golem.

@V whoops didn't knew.

sonofzeal
2008-10-21, 09:45 AM
warforges can't reproduce (but it could be made by the spell of making it sentient was interrubted) the warforged could of course had his soul/whatever being out of him for some reason and returned while somebody was turning his body into a golem.
The half-golem template isn't inherited, despite its name, so I don't think there's a problem there.