PDA

View Full Version : Quick question (3.5)

Duke of URL
2008-10-21, 07:51 AM
Are there "lawful" and "chaotic" versions of the good/evil "sacred" and "profane" bonus types?

That is, if I'm making something that provides a bonus from a power source of "Law" or "Chaos", how is it typed?

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-10-21, 08:08 AM
I don't think there's anything in Core, but Lawful bonus types are usually referred to as "Axiomatic" when the subject comes up. I'll have to check for the Chaotic term and see if I can find a book with reference to such things.

Blackfang108
2008-10-21, 08:40 AM
I don't think there's anything in Core, but Lawful bonus types are usually referred to as "Axiomatic" when the subject comes up. I'll have to check for the Chaotic term and see if I can find a book with reference to such things.

Anarchic is chaos.

I think Planar Handbook has these.

Might be one of the MMs.

Jack Zander
2008-10-21, 09:45 AM
But the law and chaos versions of holy smite deal sacred and profane damage.

It's up to the DM really.

KevLar
2008-10-21, 02:30 PM
The Sacred and Profane properties are good-aligned and evil-aligned respectively, but they target undead or living creatures (or evil/good outsiders), not alignment in general. So there isn't something like that on the law/chaos axis.

Other than that, axiomatic weapons are lawful and target chaotic, while anarchic weapons are chaotic and target lawful creatures. (Just like the Holy/Unholy properties for good and evil.)