PDA

View Full Version : I want your terror!

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-10-21, 11:27 AM
Heyas, I'm trying to find any all 3.5 feats that have anything to do with fear, intimidating, and similar, published by Wizards or homebrewed, doesn't matter. Not looking for feats having to do with Rage though.

Feats like Intimidating Strike and Kiai Shout.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-21, 11:29 AM
You know, this has very little to do with the topic, but the first thing I thought when I read the title was "SHOW ME YOUR RAGE!!!".

There's Fearsome Presence in d20 Modern, and considering how it is low-powered compared to D&D, it should translate without any trouble.

EDIT: Found the D&D equivalent. Frightful Presence from Draconomicon.

hamishspence
2008-10-21, 11:32 AM
There is the Dread Witch from Heroes of Horror.

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-21, 11:36 AM
That's not really a feat, though. :smalltongue:

monty
2008-10-21, 11:47 AM
Resounding Blow from BoED. Will save or cower on a critical hit.

Fax Celestis
2008-10-21, 11:53 AM
Libris Mortis has a bunch, though a lot are monster-only. Baleful Moan, Daunting Presence, Death Master, Eviscerator, and Fell Frighten (metamagic).

Exemplars of Evil has Gruesome Finish, which works in the same way as Death Master/Eviscerator.

And Complete Scoundrel has the Avenging Executioner, which has fear-based class features.

Fishy
2008-10-21, 11:55 AM
Intimidating Strike from Player's Handbook 2. Can only be used to cause Shaken, but it's Intimidate as a free action after a melee hit. And you can fake Power Attack for a bonus on the check.

EDIT: Uh. You mentioned that one right there in the post. Nevermind. The Never Outnumbered skill trick from Complete Scoundrel?

Zeta Kai
2008-10-21, 11:58 AM
I'm pretty sure the BoVD has 1 or 2, but I'll have to go check...

Ganurath
2008-10-21, 12:01 PM
And Complete Scoundrel has the Avenging Executioner, which has fear-based class features.Whenever that gets mentioned, I have to mention the following build: Hexblade 5 with the Dark Companion varient, Avenging Executioner 5, Ghost-Faced Killer 10. Get Menacing Demeanor from the Otyugh Hole before 6th level and use that as the horrible experience to meet the AE's special prerequisite.

Also, Complete Warrior has the Kiai Shout feats and Intimidating Rage.

Drascin
2008-10-21, 12:02 PM
If you also allow third party, there's Dreamscarred's Morphean class and the slew of feats for it. It's explicitly made as a fear-based psionic class, and the feats include things like Insightful Terror, which allow you to immobilize people in fear with Intimidate instead of just shaking them, and such.

Lemur
2008-10-21, 12:02 PM
Haunting Melody from Heroes of Horror and Doomspeak from Champions of Ruin, if bardic music is fitting into the equation at all.

Person_Man
2008-10-21, 12:37 PM
If you can take the Zhentarim Soldier (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060327a) Fighter add on, you get the ability to Demoralize (http://forums.gleemax.com/wotc_archive/index.php/t-911167) as a Swift action, which is pretty huge.

The Knight (PHBII) has a fear effect.

The Warchanter (Complete Warrior) does as well.

Ditto for the Wildrunner (Races of the Wild).

Frightful Presence (Draconomicon) or Dreadful Wrath (Player's Guide to Faerun): Either will give you a dragon's frightful presence. You can also get this from a Draconic Graft from Races of the Dragon.

Imperious Command (Drow of the Underdark): When you Demoralize an enemy, they Cower for 1 round.

Doomspeak (Champions of Ruin): Not a fear effect per se, but this allows a Bard to debuff an enemy by -10 for 1 round.

Lord_Gareth
2008-10-21, 12:38 PM
I've made a couple in my day:

Death Artist [General]
Your skill at slaughter sends your enemies screaming in terror.
Prerequisites: Knowledge (Anatomy) 9 ranks, Weapon Focus (Any slashing or piercing weapon), Weapon Finesse, Dexterity 16+
Benefit: Whenever you kill a living creature with a discernable anatomy, inflict sneak attack or sudden strike damage, or confirm a critical hit, all enemies who see or percieve the act must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your base attack bonus + your charisma modifier) or suffer a -4 morale penalty to all attack rolls, damage rolls, skill checks and saving throws against you.

Swooper
2008-10-21, 12:56 PM
Out there on the fringe of what you're asking for, but since it hasn't been mentioned yet: Unnerving Calm from ToB, which lets you use Concentration instead of Intimidate for a Duel of Wills (and some more bonuses for doing that).

Winged One
2008-10-21, 01:04 PM
Well, Martial Study might work in some cases; a few maneuvers are explained as causing fear in the target.

As an aside, I thought the title was completely literal when I saw who the OP was.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-10-22, 04:18 PM
Thanks all!

As an aside, I thought the title was completely literal when I saw who the OP was.
Oh, give me some time... :smallamused:

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-10-22, 08:15 PM
Ok, here's what I was asking for all this for...

Phobic Master (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94615)