PDA

View Full Version : Hey, hold up!

Tholok Razescar
2008-10-21, 12:10 PM
In strip 80 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0080.html), Elan said Banjo needed more followers before he could get in some "decent smiting".
In the " orc arc" ( wich I can not be arsed to look up the exact comic number for) Banjo had a whole island of orcs worshipping him.
How strong would that make Banjo now?
/discuss

T-O-E
2008-10-21, 12:55 PM
As powerful as before, he lost all of his followers to his rival Giggles.

SPoD
2008-10-21, 12:59 PM
He may be slightly more powerful, because those orcs are now worshipping "Giggle, half-brother of Banjo," and every mention of Banjo may contribute a fraction of a Worship Point. So, the entire orc island may add up to the equivalent of one additional full-time worshipper. At most.

Gamerlord
2008-10-21, 03:45 PM
three different possibilities:
1. He is a lot more powerful because of a civil war between the worshipers of giggles and those who still serve banjo fighting.
2.He has no power gain, but giggles has gained much power.
3.neither of the two gods has any power gain, because a third party took over the islands.

Chronos
2008-10-21, 03:58 PM
Pantheons have a sort of worship-pooling thing going on-- That's why Banjo wanted to join the Norse pantheon. So since they're in the same pantheon, Banjo gets some benefit from worship of Giggles.

Heroic
2008-10-21, 03:58 PM
Or maybe he needs millions of followers to get "decent smiting"

Mercenary Pen
2008-10-21, 05:16 PM
Maybe Elan should try converting the monster in the darkness to the worship of Banjo? (It might easily work, and it would give Banjo one moderately capable follower...)

B.I.T.T.
2008-10-21, 05:33 PM
Well..hmmm...there are two theories as I see it.

Theory 1: Is that that Banjo will have gained some power when the orcs began worshipping him, but will experience a decline in power now that they're worshipping his rival, Giggles. I call this "The Rise and Fall of Banjo" theory.

Theory 2: They're just puppets. I call this "The Durkon Theory" after it's founder.

Linkavitch
2008-10-21, 05:40 PM
Quite possible that, since Banjo and Giggles are in a Pantheon together, Banjo will gain some power, but Giggles, compared to Banjo, is much more powerful.

[TS] Shadow
2008-10-21, 09:04 PM
Banjo had some power to smite people decently before Giggles. Now that Giggles is the orc god, he'll probably be more powerful than with just Elan, but not AS powerful as when the whole tribe worshiped him.

Euron
2008-10-21, 09:06 PM
Shadow;5150189']Banjo had some power to smite people decently before Giggles. Now that Giggles is the orc god, he'll probably be more powerful than with just Elan, but not AS powerful as when the whole tribe worshiped him.

"The Game" got old about half a year ago.

Wait, it was always lame. Damn.

Cleverdan22
2008-10-21, 09:06 PM
I think he was his most powerful when the tribe was worshiping Banjo, but is still getting some power from Giggles' followers.

Tholok Razescar
2008-10-22, 02:58 PM
A decent thread that wasn't about one of the old cliche'd questions.

Points for me.

Spiky
2008-10-22, 10:59 PM
A decent thread that wasn't about one of the old cliche'd questions.

Points for me.

And subtract double for giving the points to yourself. Tsk, tsk....