PDA

View Full Version : Well i fell... Can I redo my goody two shoes choices?

Zephyros
2008-10-21, 02:29 PM
I am making an NPC that will level up along with the players and eventually become a villain. I am actually going for rogue1/paladin10 and then turn all that paladin levels to blackguard (a nice suggestion by Person Man). What the DMG fails to mention is whether or not, when u exchange your levels, you can rebuild your character (skills, feats) for the 10 paladin levels.

As long as I am the DM I can actually pull this off without the players knowing, but is it ok by RAW?

(either that or i ll go swordsage1/crusader6/crusader of death from our homebrew - courtesy of the kind fellow that made that prc :smallbiggrin:)

Thx

EDIT: OOPS! wrong subforum :smalleek: can a mod plz move it?

hamishspence
2008-10-21, 03:03 PM
I'm not sure, but I think the rule is, you keep skills and feats. If you want to trade them, there is the retraining rules in PHB 2.

David Argall
2008-10-21, 03:04 PM
base answer is no. Any change like this involves the minimum changes necessary.

hamishspence
2008-10-21, 03:11 PM
In a sense "minimum changes necessary" might actually create a character who can't be built "the normal way". For example, if there is a skill on paladin list, thats not on blackguard list of skills.

Sinewmire
2008-10-24, 11:34 AM
that would be one of the 'neccesary' changes, then?

keep it as true to the original as possible. Ie, he doesn't mysteriously gain a zillion ranks in an unrelated skill because he's sudden ly a Blackguard.

hamishspence
2008-10-24, 12:34 PM
that was what I said on Games forum- oddity of suddenly swapping ranks in Knowledge-nobility and Sense Motive for Hide and Intimidate.