PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to Gezina?

ghost_warlock
2008-10-22, 12:39 AM
Okay, I've been wondering about this for a while and I'd really appreciate it if anyone could shed some light on this issue; or really provide any information at all.

Back in July, Gezina started this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85233), talking about how she was intending to leave her home in the Netherlands for a then-unknown destination. She's since gone silent and, partially because of the circumstances involved, I'm concerned about her.

I admit that I was never especially close with her, else maybe I'd somehow have kept in contact with her, but the discussions I've had with her left a memorable impression. Sadly, I'm the sort of person who doesn't always succeed in keeping in contact with, or expressing appreciation of, the people I consider my friends. :smallfrown:

I suppose I'm not really expecting anyone to have much information, but I figured I'd at least try.

If you don't have any information about Gezina, this thread would be a good place to share/discuss personal stories about the people in our life who slip away from us.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-10-22, 01:14 AM
Yeah, I'm curious about Gezina too.

Probably not the place to talk about it, but I just got back in touch with a childhood friend I haven't talked to in 8 years, since I moved....

ghost_warlock
2008-10-22, 01:23 AM
Yeah, I'm curious about Gezina too.

Probably not the place to talk about it, but I just got back in touch with a childhood friend I haven't talked to in 8 years, since I moved....

Well, maybe these kinds of reunion stories will add a happy note to an otherwise unhappy topic.

Facebook has been instrumental in re-connecting with people I haven't seen or talked to in years.

YPU
2008-10-22, 04:21 AM
Indeed in retrospect the last topic she made does seem somewhat dire. On the other hand perhaps she has made a lot of new friends and doesn’t have time for the webs these days.
Did anybody send her an email yet? her profile allows you to.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 04:59 AM
I've been wondering that as well.
Also, why does it seem like suddenly in the last past months some 2006 joined lurkers have become active?

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-22, 04:59 AM
Also, why does it seem like suddenly in the last past months some 2006 joined lurkers have become active?

Like me? :smalltongue:

Dispozition
2008-10-22, 05:00 AM
As someone who *used* to talk to her a fair bit, I haven't seen her in donkey's yonks. Probably since I stopped being overly active on the forums. I haven't seen her on AIM that much either, so...I dunno :<

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-22, 05:03 AM
And Ina no longer gets on MSN, either. So, yes, Ina seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth for us online folks.

banjo1985
2008-10-22, 05:05 AM
Haven't seen her for quite a while actually, and I missed that topic there too. Don't know her very well at all, but hope things have worked out for her, wherever she may be.

Ceska
2008-10-22, 05:15 AM
Huh? Ina is on on AIM right now, isn't she? And been for quite a while. Not that I talked to her in a while, but it doesn't look like something incredibly bad happened to her. :smallconfused:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 05:22 AM
Could you ask her how the plan to leave the Netherlands went?

Felixaar
2008-10-22, 06:50 AM
Like me? :smalltongue:

Your face says yes, but your Jan 2008 join date says no.

ghost_warlock
2008-10-22, 06:53 AM

My personal explanation, below:

Although I'd say I was fairly active when I first signed up, I have gone through a few long periods of minimal activity; staying current on OotS but posting infrequently. I don't think I've ever really had a strong presence around here, though, so I might have been easy to miss (even though it's essentially the only forum I frequent).

My first decrease in activity around the Playground was due mostly to my move from Colorado back to Iowa. I lost my gaming group of ~4 years as a result of the move. A lack of RL gaming meant that I had precious little inspiration and not much reason to hang out in Gaming and Homebrew (I'd estimate that almost half all of my posts have been in those two boards).

When I became active again most of my posts were in The Town. Since almost all of my interaction was with Silly_Bean, however, I all-but quit posting when she left. A little while later I started playing WoW, mostly as a surrogate for a RL gaming group. Since my WoW-addiction and my duties as Guildmaster kept me fairly involved socially for about a year, I didn't have much to talk about here in the Playground.

My most recent increase in posting was initially due to 1) interest in what people were saying about 4e in Gaming and 2) my retirement/sabbatical from WoW. Since I'm not playing in any games, though, I've expanded a lot more than in the past into other forums; primarily FB and A&C. I post occasionally in Media, but I usually don't have much to say there since I don't: watch TV, read manga/watch anime, really care for versus threads, or really keep up with current music trends/play an instrument. (Not everything in Media breaks down to those things, but it seems to me that a lot of it does.)

Because I've recently become embroiled in 'shipping-itp, and I'm establishing a new group of people to 'hang out' with around here, you'll probably be stuck with me for a while. :smallamused:

Ego Slayer
2008-10-22, 07:08 AM
She's on AIM for me. Usually is. Been wondering, too, though. Doesn't look like she's been stranded in another country without webnets, so that's a good start. :P

If someone doesn't do it before I get back from class, maybe I'll give her a poke... point her to this thread and see if she cares to update us.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 07:11 AM
She's on AIM for me. Usually is. Been wondering, too, though. Doesn't look like she's been stranded in another country without webnets, so that's a good start. :P

If someone doesn't do it before I get back from class, maybe I'll give her a poke... point her to this thread and see if she cares to update us.
You can ask her how she's doing?

*does not have aim or her on msn*

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-22, 07:48 AM
Your face says yes, but your Jan 2008 join date says no.

How about my previous join date of Oct 2006?

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 07:48 AM
How about my previous join date of Oct 2006?
Khan right?

I can't remember you as Khan..... Full account name?

The Rose Dragon
2008-10-22, 07:57 AM
...talas. Khantalas.

I usually go by Khan, even though the Wrath of Khan joke gets really old after a while..

I would still be going by Khan here if it weren't for a miscommunication with the admins that never got cleared up.

Copacetic
2008-10-22, 07:59 AM
Hey! I wasn't a lurker! I just, didn't have time for years. Kinda. Maybe. .... Yeah, I was lurker.

Anywho, I hope Gezina is alright.I have NO dea who he/she/himher is, but whatever.

Serpentine
2008-10-22, 08:22 AM
I hope she's doing well. And that's about all I have to say regarding her.

Ego Slayer
2008-10-22, 12:20 PM
The lovely Ina is alive and well, and should hopefully show up here, herself, in a bit to check in. :smallsmile:

You can all stop worrying now. Hehe.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 12:30 PM
The lovely Ina is alive and well, and should hopefully show up here, herself, in a bit to check in. :smallsmile:

:smallsmile:

ghost_warlock
2008-10-22, 12:32 PM

Thanks for getting in touch with her, and for the update, Ego. :smallsmile:

I realize that people seem to disappear/go silent around here sometimes, but the circumstances in this case worried me. I figured it was better to find out what I could than sit around idly wondering. :smallredface:

InaVegt
2008-10-22, 12:36 PM
Hey guys, sorry to have worried y'all.

I'm still in the Netherlands, I've just been busy. There's no problems.

Love y'all.

+Ina

ghost_warlock
2008-10-22, 12:40 PM
Hey guys, sorry to have worried y'all.

I'm still in the Netherlands, I've just been busy. There's no problems.

Love y'all.

+Ina

Glad to hear you're okay! :smallbiggrin:

Keep on, keeping on! Pop in when you can; I guess. :smallsmile:

Mr. Moon
2008-10-22, 01:04 PM
*pokes Gezy* Who told you you could disappear without telling us? Hmmm? I desire to cut off his fingers for such lunacy.

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-22, 05:39 PM
Ah, good to know your still here.:smallsmile:

When people leave like that, it makes me wonder.

Anyone know what happend to Solo?

afroakuma
2008-10-22, 05:41 PM
See what happens when you summon? She pops up in Homebrew, making houserules. :smallcool:

Metal Head
2008-10-22, 05:42 PM
Ah, good to know your still here.:smallsmile:

When people leave like that, it makes me wonder.

Anyone know what happend to Solo?

I think Solo got banned or something.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 05:58 PM
Solo got banned, yes. But we're not supposed to talk about banned people according to the rules I think. So shhhh.

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-22, 08:37 PM
Ah....

Let us never speak of this again >.>