PDA

View Full Version : I need a new game!

Texas Jedi
2008-10-22, 09:02 AM
I have a 360 and my wife and I love to play Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 on it.

The only problem I have is that the levels in SWB 1 with water (Kashyyyk Docks) and ice (ice cave of Rhen Var's Harbor) have horrible graphical glitches. I like the SWB 2 but hate the exclusion of some of my favorite levels of the SWB 1. I thought there was a way to download the old levels to the new game.

I was wondering if there is another game similar to either of those games out for the 360. I have to put some stipulations on it though. You have to be able to play on 1 360 thru a split screen, and also must have great offline content. I would like it to have a similar style of Battlefront (lots of AI and missions).

If there is a way to fix the graphical glitches that would be the best.

I am playing on a new (March purchase) Xbox 360 elite.

late for dinner
2008-10-22, 10:58 AM
I love the fact that you like battlefront...I dont love that there is no game quite like it on the 360...yet. In the meantime, here are a few games that are spilit screen and shoot-em-up with lots of ai and are available on the 360...unfortunatly none really have the same sort of missions as Starwars BF.

1) The complete Halo series: You can play all 3 full games on the 360. it is split screen co-op. Lots of bad guys. lots of fun. (you probably already know about this game, but I thought I would add it in anyways)

2) Gears of war: You play as a military meat head fighting against the Locust Horde ("Horde" Means a lot of A.I.) Again, Split screen Co-op through the entire game. Fun ways to kill the bad guys: Chainsaw on your gun, Grenade stick, and so on...oh and if you dont like blood in video games, you might not want to play this one...sometimes, when you shoot them with a shotgun, they explode like a waterballon. Gears of War 2 comes out on November 7th too...and they added a lot more bad guys.

3) Earth Defense Force 2017: One of the most over looked (in my opinion) games on the 360. You are a marine fighting off an invasion of Giant Robots, spiders and ants. There are tons, and I mean tons of weapon pick ups and they are awesome. For example: Fully automatic rocket launchers. Fully automatic sniper rifles, and so on. there is no blood in this game except for the orange goo that comes out of the insects. the explosions are huge and you can blow up buildings. there is split screen coop and tons of levels and so many badguys to fight. Plus you can get it used for about 20 bucks. Man I want to play it just thinking of it.

well, there is, all together about 6 games for you and your wife to have some fun with while you wait for the new battlefront (I am pretty sure one is in the works for the 360) to come out...oh Unreal tournament 3 is also good for the split screen fight against each other with a bunch of bots on your team or fight on the same team with a bunch of bots on your team game too, but it is really fast and really bloody.

Hope I could help you some.

Poison_Fish
2008-10-22, 11:13 AM
Since Battlefront is essentially a clone of the battlefield series but with star wars slapped on it, why not check out Battlefield: Bad Company?

It has a decent story, and the gameplay is somewhat similar. It differs from the other battlefield series and battlefront as you don't exactly play different classes in the single player, you play a character.

Crispy Dave
2008-10-22, 11:19 AM
Since Battlefront is essentially a clone of the battlefield series but with star wars slapped on it, why not check out Battlefield: Bad Company?

It has a decent story, and the gameplay is somewhat similar. It differs from the other battlefield series and battlefront as you don't exactly play different classes in the single player, you play a character.

battlefield BC doesent have split screen at all.

but once COD5 comes out that will have 4 player Co-op

Mando Knight
2008-10-22, 11:29 AM
For laughs, co-op, and Star Wars, you could get LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga...

Texas Jedi
2008-10-22, 11:42 AM
For laughs, co-op, and Star Wars, you could get LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga...

I got it and Lego Batman, and Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii.

I love them all. :smallbiggrin:

I have not been impressed with any Halo, the single player game is so boring.

I guess I should clarify what I mean by missions. I mean levels like battlefront where there is one team run by AI and another team run by AI and we get to choose what side to be on. It doesn't have to be a mission it could just be a big deathmatch.

I don't think there are that many types of games like Battlefront around and that is a shame.

Crispy Dave
2008-10-22, 11:44 AM
I got it and Lego Batman, and Lego Indiana Jones on the Wii.

I love them all. :smallbiggrin:

I have not been impressed with any Halo, the single player game is so boring.

I guess I should clarify what I mean by missions. I mean levels like battlefront where there is one team run by AI and another team run by AI and we get to choose what side to be on. It doesn't have to be a mission it could just be a big deathmatch.

I don't think there are that many types of games like Battlefront around and that is a shame.

I just thought of this but Enimy Teritory Quake ways might work same with Frontlines fuel of war. You may want to look into those.

Triaxx
2008-10-22, 12:23 PM
The Halo games are best enjoyed for what they are. Efficient shooters, with some ignominiously difficult spots. But I agree, the lack of terrain variance in the first one turned me off until the second one came out.

Mando Knight
2008-10-22, 02:19 PM
Too bad you can't do that with Team Fortress 2...

Or can you? I never got the game, so I wouldn't know...

warty goblin
2008-10-22, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure if Enemy Territory: Quake Wars does split screen on 360. I've got it on PC and love it to death- it's like Battlefront but a little bit more customizible, and with really good AI.

One note is that the maps are done differently than in Battlefront, in that all of them are objective based, even in multiplayer, and respawns are completely unlimited. Most classes (well Soldier, Engineer and Covert Opps & their Strogg counterparts) are required to fulfill certain objectives, some can be fulfilled by any class. This means that sometimes the most important player is not the one who is best at shooting the enemy (although heaven knows they are useful), but the one best at placing defense turrets or sneaking up and hacking objectives.

Also, playing support classes (ie, those not required for objectives) is fun. Field Opps get some really awesome artillery/airstrikes for mass destruction and resupply ammo. This makes them vital for punching through enemy defenses with salvos of artillery rockets and plain old bombs. Medics are just plain essential to a successful game, since death happens fast against good players (or the AI on some of the harder difficulties). It is a much more tactical game in a lot of ways than Battlefront, with a lot more guns and ways to use them, but it's pretty much replaced BF as my 'need to shoot something for fifteen minutes' game, not least because it has a really nice machine gun.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-22, 03:41 PM
This seems like the thread for it :

I also need a new game. And I have no idea.
PC games, playstation or gamecube games.
I preferr strategy(like age of empires, rise of nations, that kind of stuff) and avoid FPS and button smashers.

Sorry if I seem terribly obnoxious and rude, just looking for some advice, sorry.

late for dinner
2008-10-22, 04:02 PM
II guess I should clarify what I mean by missions. I mean levels like battlefront where there is one team run by AI and another team run by AI and we get to choose what side to be on. It doesn't have to be a mission it could just be a big deathmatch.

then of all the games I mentioned, Unreal 3 would be the game for you. Tons of maps and plenty of Bots running around...oh and Perfect Dark Zero has the same thing.

Innis Cabal
2008-10-22, 04:03 PM
Fable 2....thats all you need

Volug
2008-10-22, 05:18 PM
OKAMI

... Though you seem like a shooter fan so it may not be best for you no matter how good Okami is:smallfrown:

I personally am starting to enjoy Team Fortress 2 a lot... For the PC, and old CoD games:smallredface:

.... THat's all the shooters I play, besides Red Steel (my fav). I actually really, really, really liked the game, especially when my friend uses the Wii Remote or Nunchuck and I use the other part.

"Aim there! No, there!"

"WAAAGGHHH WHAT'S GOING ON!?!"

*dies*

Fun, fun, fun:smallbiggrin: