PDA

View Full Version : So how many Jedi screamed at once?

Akisa
2008-10-22, 09:11 AM
The new Errata (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sagaederrata) has came out yesterday :P.

In particular

Force Point Recovery can only be taken once

Fools Luck is now a competence bonus so doesn't stack with skill focus

Serenity makes you helpless and unable to tack actions now when used in combat :P

Recovering your force powers on a UTF check of 20 now only apply to activating power not any UTF check.

Jack Zander
2008-10-22, 09:18 AM
Dang. I had just discovered the cheaty face fool's luck with UTF last night too. WTH?

Uin
2008-10-22, 09:42 AM
Opinions from an avid Saga fan/player/GM:

The new Errata (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sagaederrata) has came out yesterday :P.

In particular

Force Point Recovery can only be taken onceI find this oddly liberating, but it is certainly a downer for Force Wizard builds with Fringer Savant and Force Flow.

Fools Luck is now a competence bonus so doesn't stack with skill focus I'm not sure what to do with Fool's Luck now, since many characters I make/play/run-for take skill focus in the primary skills. Scoundrel was my least favourite base class before this change anyway.

Serenity makes you helpless and unable to tack actions now when used in combat :P I've always played it like this anyway.

Recovering your force powers on a UTF check of 20 now only apply to activating power not any UTF check. I've always played it like this anyway.

Another good change is the size bonus to defense against force powers instead of using damage threshold. This is in line from with stuff from KotORCG and TFUCG.

Talya
2008-10-22, 09:50 AM
Opinions from an avid Saga fan/player/GM:
I find this oddly liberating, but it is certainly a downer for Force Wizard builds with Fringer Savant and Force Flow.

I agree. This had to be done. At the same time, one of my complaints about the game is how many "class feature" talents and such--for any class--only work when you expend a force point, of which you have a finite supply (Juyo, Fool's Luck come to mind). This type of design has to go.

Starbuck_II
2008-10-22, 10:05 AM
Fools Luck is now a competence bonus so doesn't stack with skill focus

But Fool's luck is almost worth less now.

Talya
2008-10-22, 10:07 AM
But Fool's luck is almost worth less now.

Perhaps less so for a skill-monkey scoundrel, rather than a jedi. I never liked the cheese of applying it to UTF checks anyway.

"In my experience, there's no such thing as luck."

Akisa
2008-10-22, 10:09 AM
Fool's luck was used to provide an additional +5 for UTF. I personally used it for higher level combat and when UTF starts to loose the race with defense. It really hurts force wizards though.

Talya
2008-10-22, 10:15 AM
Fool's luck was used to provide an additional +5 for UTF. I personally used it for higher level combat and when UTF starts to loose the race with defense. It really hurts force wizards though.

by the time you've reached those higher levels for block/deflect usefulness, you should have fulfilled a destiny or three already. There's no reason you shouldn't have a permanent +5 "destiny" (untyped) bonus to UTF checks.

Saph
2008-10-22, 10:18 AM
Whoa. They nerfed Acrobatic Strike and Force Thrust too.

Well, I'm glad I got to play a Jedi before these errata came out. I never used the Fool's Luck thing, but rolling 20s on Deflect checks saved me at least once.

- Saph

Talya
2008-10-22, 10:19 AM
Whoa. They nerfed Acrobatic Strike and Force Thrust too.

Well, I'm glad I got to play a Jedi before these errata came out. I never used the Fool's Luck thing, but rolling 20s on Deflect checks saved me at least once.

- Saph

Acrobatic Strike was stupid-good, although the nerf is irrelevant with the new feat that lets you defend against tumbles through squares you threaten.

I don't like playing force wizards, so I never tried force thrust.

Akisa
2008-10-22, 10:40 AM
their reason for nerfing acrobatic strike was because it allowed a 2hd power attacker to do 10 damage. Tbh if that was their reason then they should of just said you can't combine power attack with it.

Saph
2008-10-22, 10:44 AM
their reason for nerfing acrobatic strike was because it allowed a 2hd power attacker to do 10 damage. Tbh if that was their reason then they should of just said you can't combine power attack with it.

Yeah, I always preferred Powerful Charge, myself - more damage, and you don't need to combine it with Power Attack. I'm not sure Acrobatic Strike is worth taking anymore now.

- Saph

Akisa
2008-10-22, 10:53 AM
Here the thing with powerful charge and acrobatic attack (note don't have book infront of me and I'm using a phone), tumble back 3 squares as a move action then charge with a standard action. then add power attack and what do you get?

Saph
2008-10-22, 06:16 PM
Here the thing with powerful charge and acrobatic attack (note don't have book infront of me and I'm using a phone), tumble back 3 squares as a move action then charge with a standard action. then add power attack and what do you get?

Too many feats that I don't have. :P

I only had one spare feat after maxing out on Force Trainings and getting Skill Focus. Powerful Charge made the cut over Acrobatic Strike as it was more reliable and did extra damage for free without need for a combo.

- Saph