PDA

View Full Version : Huge ability scores [spoilers]

Sereg
2008-10-23, 10:14 PM
Every now and then we seem to be being introduced to characters that have a really massive ability score. First there was Thog's strength (yes I know that seen never happened but its fun to use anyway), then there was O-Chul's constitution and now there is the nameless cleric of Loki's Charisma (large enough to gain a fan club on the other side of the fourth wall after only one strip and we don't even know his name. I must admit I was also affected by its power)

So, I thought I'd create a thread where you can predict future character's huge ability score's (these do not have to be realistic and you do not have to believe a theory you postulate.)

Eg.

The being that V will get his/her power from will have an intelligence high enough to research and teach every known spell in seconds.

We will later meet a character with a wisdom high enough to pray to the Giant.

A character will have a charisma high enough to gain a fan club before we meet him/her (like V's spouse).

Get creative

TheNovak
2008-10-24, 03:37 AM
Yeah, I think V's spouse will have to be a sorcerer to make use of that huge Charisma stat. If V manages to insert a reference to hir partner that's both funny and badass, you can bet that fanclub will be springing up.

Elan and Nale's dad may also count, though technically he was in a couple of panels already.

As for other stats...eh. I think Charisma's about it.

Roc Ness
2008-10-24, 03:49 AM
I haven't been here for a while.

I don't play D&D and I don't know anything about classes and stats and exp except there was a stat mentioned called "dexterity" that helps dodging. I also know that Haley is a rogue and Haley, therefore rogues, dodge well.

Well I say that when belkar dies they meet Sereni and she becomes belkar's replacement and since she's a rogue and she's supposed to be mega powerful she probably has super high dexterity as well

Sereg
2008-10-24, 09:23 AM
I haven't been here for a while.

I don't play D&D and I don't know anything about classes and stats and exp except there was a stat mentioned called "dexterity" that helps dodging. I also know that Haley is a rogue and Haley, therefore rogues, dodge well.

Well I say that when belkar dies they meet Sereni and she becomes belkar's replacement and since she's a rogue and she's supposed to be mega powerful she probably has super high dexterity as well

Yes, dexterity is usually a rogue's highest stat.

Samurai Jill
2008-10-24, 09:27 AM
Most of the attribute scores mean more-or-less what they sound like, apart from the mental attributes, which are a bit... fuzzy. They are, (I think) in order, Strength (brute force/muscle,) Dexterity (agility/balance/manual finesse,) Constitution (how fit/healthy you are,) Intelligence (abstract reasoning/logic/learning rate,) Wisdom (any decision-making/perception skills that DON'T fall under Intelligence,) and Charisma (In theory Peepl Skillz. ...in practice Miscellaneous.)

daggaz
2008-10-24, 09:37 AM
Not new, but for the old chars...

Belkar has a super huge stat as well, its on his chaotic/lawful attribute axis. Can you guess what it is? (I vote that Belkar is more chaotic than he is evil, tho he is certainly both.)

MReav
2008-10-24, 02:24 PM
Every now and then we seem to be being introduced to characters that have a really massive ability score. First there was Thog's strength

I think the MitD's strength is a better example of huge strength.

Sereg
2008-10-26, 09:51 PM
I think the MitD's strength is a better example of huge strength.

Point taken, but that's probably normal for whatever species he is. It is not normal for half-orcs to have strength scores of several hundred.