PDA

View Full Version : Halloween costumes and such

Enlong
2008-10-23, 10:59 PM
So, since Halloween is in about a week, I thought now'd be the time to talk costumes and such. What costumes are you guys planning on wearing, if any? Trick-or-treating or parties?

Also... I have a question. I had a rare cool costume idea, to dress up on Halloween... as Halloween (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/milleniumsukka/Halloween.jpg). belive it or not, I actually have almost everything needed to make a makeshift costume, except for the head. Anyone know how or where I could get a good jack-o-lantern mask, preferably on the cheap?

The Extinguisher
2008-10-23, 11:04 PM
I'm doing both. Trick or Treating and a party after.

I'll be dressing up as a pixie. I've got a nice skirt and dress, and it looks really good on me.

thubby
2008-10-23, 11:24 PM
pretty simple reaper costume stuffed with old news paper to scare the tar out of trick-or-treaters.

Dragonrider
2008-10-24, 12:23 AM
My brothers will be Mal Reynolds and Jayne Cobb.

I considered continuing the trend but I don't have a costume for it. :smalltongue:

I'll probably just answer the door.

Grynning
2008-10-24, 12:29 AM
I'm going to get one of those fake muscle outfits and some camo shorts, and be the Techno-Viking! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fvLs5KXWYI)

Edit:

I considered continuing the trend but I don't have a costume for it. :smalltongue:

A Kaylee costume wouldn't be too hard, just go to a thrift store and find a brown jumpsuit and wear a t-shirt under it, do your hair in a messy bun and smear some grease on your face.

thubby
2008-10-24, 12:52 AM
someone should make an oots costume.

Vizen
2008-10-24, 01:42 AM

Dress up as Xykon?

In my country we have Haloween, and get into the theme and whatnot, but we don't do trick or treating. Some little kids do it, but its something that really hasn't caught on in this country, especially since the country got into the whole not trusting your kids on the streets stage. Its a pity. Back in the 70's people didn't even lock their houses when they went out or lock their cars when they went into a store.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-10-24, 03:33 AM
I'm dressing up in my grandfather's old uniform of a Soviet Air Force pilot :tongue:

Swordguy
2008-10-24, 03:47 AM
Meh, I just wear my jousting harness and be done with it. It's been good for 7 Halloweens now, but I can't be bothered with anything better (and I'm flat-out guaranteed not to duplicate somebody else's costume).

Also,

ROBERTO LUONGO!!

Clearly, you are a man of intelligence and breeding.

Even if you are from Canada. :smalltongue:

Hoplite
2008-10-24, 04:31 AM
I think it is such a shame there isn't Halloween in Europe....

SilentNight
2008-10-24, 08:30 AM
I'm probably going as the Spanish Inquisition (a la Monty Python of course) don't know about plans yet.

Tirian
2008-10-24, 08:53 AM

It's not like the EU has a law against holding a masquerade party on the last Saturday in October. Of course, you don't have neighbors handing out free candy or the easy availability of girl's costumes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4rUiV_Hh74), but that's a pretty small part of the package.

someonenonotyou
2008-10-24, 08:57 AM
Im going to be a trash bag for holloween:smallbiggrin: haha can you top that

Mauve Shirt
2008-10-24, 09:09 AM
The theme of our Renclub's masquerade is mythology, so my 2 roommates and I are going as Clotho, Lachesis and Atropos.

evisiron
2008-10-24, 12:45 PM

*My head asplode!*

Or you are being sarcastic... its hard to tell on the internet. (If anyone is wondering what I'm on about, Halloween was originally a Celtic festival so from EU).

Still have good quality vamp fangs I can pop in...if I find somewhere to go to. *sigh* I miss being in the US where stuff happens at times like this.

Calamity
2008-10-24, 12:47 PM

Uh, we have it here. Yes, the UK is in Europe, wudya believe. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2008-10-24, 12:48 PM
*My head asplode!*

Or you are being sarcastic... its hard to tell on the internet. (If anyone is wondering what I'm on about, Halloween was originally a Celtic festival so from EU).

Still have good quality vamp fangs I can pop in...if I find somewhere to go to. *sigh* I miss being in the US where stuff happens at times like this.
Nope, halloween is usually not celebrated in most countries in europe.

InaVegt
2008-10-24, 01:06 PM
Uh, we have it here. Yes, the UK is in Europe, wudya believe. :smalltongue:

Yes, you UK folks like to believe that, don't you.

We even let you into the EU, because we felt sorry for you, you really try so hard to be European, even if you clearly aren't.

After all if you were European, we'd have allowed you to use the Euro as national currency.

+Ina

Hoplite
2008-10-24, 01:13 PM
Well, of course it is in europe, but I meant Europe-Uk. I mean, even though it was of origin European (is their anything American that isn't?) we don't celebrate it here like you do. We don't even celebrate it so we can't go out and dress weird without looking weird and abnormal...

evisiron
2008-10-24, 01:26 PM
Do what I did, Join A LARP group, where its Halloween all year round! But you hit things too, so its even better!"

And I almost went after Gezina's post until I ran a Net Sarcasm Scan. :smallbiggrin:

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-24, 01:31 PM
There are so many awesome costumes that I'd make if I had the time, money, drive, or materials.

But I don't, so chances are I'll just dress up as a Ninja again, then go get very drunk.

Flickerdart
2008-10-24, 02:16 PM
I actually have an assignment to make a Dada/Surrealist costume for art class...stupid art class.

Syka
2008-10-24, 02:34 PM
I'm going as a goth. It was that or Kaylee, but for this I didn't have to buy anything. :) I've got winter boots, fishnets, a black pleated skirt (not really short, like mid thigh), a black tank top with a silver cross on it, some wrist cuffs and...well, I'm still working on the eye make up. I'm bad with makeup and heavy eyeliner? Forget about. Heh.

My mom might do the makeup for me. If my boyfriend does goth, too, he wants her to do his make up too. *snicker*

As for what we're doing...a friend's birthday is actually on Halloween, so probably some sort of party. Maybe trick or treating earlier in the evening. People look at me funny, but I still like trick or treating. :)

Cheers,
Syka

Staven
2008-10-24, 02:44 PM
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am. (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1074/851432602_736edf44df.jpg)

Is there any other choice? The tough part is going to be the gold shirt. Any suggestions on that?

SurlySeraph
2008-10-24, 04:23 PM
I usually don't do anything for Halloween, but I'm considering dressing up as a tumor. It'll be pretty easy to do - I just need stuffing and duct tape.

Linkavitch
2008-10-24, 04:30 PM
I usually don't do anything for Halloween, but I'm considering dressing up as a tumor. It'll be pretty easy to do - I just need stuffing and duct tape.

You make me laugh. I want to dress up as some sort of musician, and carry a guitar around, but I don't know.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-10-24, 04:31 PM
You make me laugh. I want to dress up as some sort of musician, and carry a guitar around, but I don't know.
Dress scruffily and act drunk. People will think you're a busker :biggrin:

fraud
2008-10-24, 04:34 PM
ah, Halloween. My favorite Holiday:smallbiggrin:

I was planning on going as young link this year because of my blond hair and extreme shortness however due to lack of time, me and my family simply went down to Spirit where I bought what appears to be a victim of the Bubonic Plague shirt and a rat to symbolize my disease:smallcool:

Phae Nymna
2008-10-24, 05:41 PM
r-r-R-RORSCHACH!

Mein costume is nearly complete!

ocato
2008-10-24, 06:14 PM
Yes, you UK folks like to believe that, don't you.

We even let you into the EU, because we felt sorry for you, you really try so hard to be European, even if you clearly aren't.

After all if you were European, we'd have allowed you to use the Euro as national currency.

+Ina

The US is secretly very offended that we weren't invited to your little EU party deal. We would've been cool and brought the beer too. Whatever, we'll form our own party, called the Monroe Rocktrine and hang out with awesome countries like.... Canada and Panama.

*sighs*

Mr. Moon
2008-10-24, 06:55 PM
So, since Halloween is in about a week, I thought now'd be the time to talk costumes and such. What costumes are you guys planning on wearing, if any? Trick-or-treating or parties?

Also... I have a question. I had a rare cool costume idea, to dress up on Halloween... as Halloween (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/milleniumsukka/Halloween.jpg). belive it or not, I actually have almost everything needed to make a makeshift costume, except for the head. Anyone know how or where I could get a good jack-o-lantern mask, preferably on the cheap?

o.o
Epic. I demand pics when you finish the costume. Haloween is awesome sauce.

I'm dressing up as a Star Trek red shirt. I even have plans to die spectacularly at lunch time. Not that there's a chance of them actualy happening, since it involves a Roumlan or two, and actualy getting my hands on a condom (to put fake blood in, you perv!), which would be hard to explain to the school admin...
I need to get around to making myself one of those insignia things, too. And a tricorder.

rayne_dragon
2008-10-24, 06:58 PM
Anyone know how or where I could get a good jack-o-lantern mask, preferably on the cheap?

Value village/Dollar Stores - They sometimes have good masks for less $20

The other places you could look for is your local costume shops, but I' expect to pay at least $15 and they can get stupidly expensive.

I did Redcloak last year, still have the mask too.

Belkarsbadside1
2008-10-24, 07:00 PM
Im going as glow-in-the-dark man. Im serious:smallsmile:

TheThan
2008-10-24, 07:26 PM
behold the greatest costumes ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1195caUsIQ)

Syka
2008-10-24, 07:40 PM
My humerous attempt at make up. It looks better since the picture is small (for some reason I don't quite understand), but it's not as good as it seems.

And somehow, after wearing the make up for a few hours now I think it actually looks better. I still think it looks kind of weird, but I'm sure that's mostly because I'm not used to makeup that is overt.

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u150/SykaFox/GoodFullMakeup.jpg

Cheers,
Syka

Arlion
2008-10-24, 09:28 PM
i may grow a goatee and go as my evil twin

Lupy
2008-10-24, 09:53 PM
The U.S. doesn't need the E.U. we have our own cooler money. And we're bigger than them, and we're just one country, so ha! :smalltongue:

I'm thinking of going as Redcloak, a tumor, or my Town character. Yes, the first two ideas came from this thread... :smalltongue:

blackfox
2008-10-24, 10:00 PM
I am going to be a tax collector for Halloween. I've done it before and it is the most fun I've EVER had. :smallbiggrin:

Coplantor
2008-10-24, 11:08 PM
I'm going to a party at a friend's house. I will go as Schroedinger's Cat.

Deathslayer7
2008-10-24, 11:11 PM
wait for trick or treater's and give them a handful of candy if/when they ring the doorbell.

Vorpal Soda
2008-10-26, 03:27 PM
I will be either a zombie in a robe with a cheap plastic sword, or a zombie in a UAC work shirt. I haven't decided yet. I'm not 100% sure what other people I know are doing, but if nothing else is available, I'll go around pubs.

Weiser_Cain
2008-10-26, 03:45 PM
a living shadow, the same thing I dress up as everyday.

Jenkins
2008-10-26, 05:30 PM
I've got a pair of swim fins, some arm floaties, a snorkel, a huge set of goggles, and a halo.

I shall be 'Holy Diver'

RTGoodman
2008-10-26, 05:40 PM
I'm thinking about going as Dee Snider from Twisted Sister, since that's a pretty scary costume.

http://pinstripebindi.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/dee-snider.jpg

If I can't get that together, I don't know what I'm going as. Of course, since I still don't really have PLANS yet for Halloween, it's not that big a deal. :smallwink:

Beholder1995
2008-10-26, 05:44 PM
I was gonna go as a stormtrooper, but then I didn't think it was very... ah... how you say, 'politically correct'. And I don't mean those wussy star wars kinds, either. I'm talking a real, german stormtrooper from WWII. I have a helmet and everthing...

What do you guys think? :smallfrown::smallsigh:

Lord_Butters_I
2008-10-26, 05:51 PM
The US is secretly very offended that we weren't invited to your little EU party deal. We would've been cool and brought the beer too. Whatever, we'll form our own party, called the Monroe Rocktrine and hang out with awesome countries like.... Canada and Panama.

*sighs*

Actually an idea is being tossed around to create the North American Union that would dissolve borders between Canada, Mexico, and the US and create the Amero currency.

As for Halloween I'll probably dress as a zombie and get unreasonably drunk. My record for alcohol in one night is 23 cans of beer, 8 tequila shots, and about 1/6 of a bottle of Jager. I'm going to see if I can break that.

RS14
2008-10-26, 06:31 PM
I was gonna go as a stormtrooper, but then I didn't think it was very... ah... how you say, 'politically correct'. And I don't mean those wussy star wars kinds, either. I'm talking a real, german stormtrooper from WWII. I have a helmet and everthing...

What do you guys think? :smallfrown::smallsigh:
No, not if you mean the Nazi "brownshirts." I wouldn't at least.
I'd go as a first world war Stormtrooper though. The German Empire seems much more acceptable.

Beholder1995
2008-10-26, 06:37 PM
No, not if you mean the Nazi "brownshirts." I wouldn't at least.
I'd go as a first world war Stormtrooper though. The German Empire seems much more acceptable.

Oh. I was under the impression stormtroopers were from WWII. That changes things. Well, a little bit, I guess...

Green or black uniform?

Lord_Butters_I
2008-10-26, 06:54 PM
as long as you don't have the swastika it should be okay.

Beholder1995
2008-10-26, 06:57 PM
as long as you don't have the swastika it should be okay.

Well, that I figured out myself. :smalltongue::smallsigh:

RS14
2008-10-26, 07:02 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormtrooper
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sturmabteilung

Also take a look here (http://www.landships.freeservers.com/german_earlywar_uniforms.htm) to make sure the uniform is what you think it is. They're at the bottom of the page.

I'd favor the green uniform, personally. The two things I think you need to emphasize to distinguish the costume from the typical WWI German uniform are the leather pads on the knees and seat and the (grenade?) bags over your shoulders.

Beholder1995
2008-10-26, 07:05 PM
Gotcha. Thanks a whole lot. :smallbiggrin:

Gray Jester
2008-10-26, 08:49 PM
Well, I was thinking of being V or Black Mage, but once I couldn't find any blue robes and saw the price for a V costume ($40 was the -low end-), I decided that I was going to do something with clothes I already have. And so, I'm going to use about a bottle of hair gel and some dyes and make up, and be Dream from the Sandman comics. The hardest part is going to be getting the pointy hair right, it's going to take a -lot- of gel.

blackfox
2008-10-26, 08:53 PM
Well, I was thinking of being V or Black Mage, but once I couldn't find any blue robes and saw the price for a V costume ($40 was the -low end-), I decided that I was going to do something with clothes I already have. And so, I'm going to use about a bottle of hair gel and some dyes and make up, and be Dream from the Sandman comics. The hardest part is going to be getting the pointy hair right, it's going to take a -lot- of gel.Hello, Everett. :smallamused: I lose.

Enlong
2008-10-26, 08:53 PM
Actually an idea is being tossed around to create the North American Union that would dissolve borders between Canada, Mexico, and the US and create the Amero currency.

Dude... I... I think I'd like to see that happen. (yes, I live in the USA). Mainly 'cause of A: it would probably make a number of modern debates about borders and such, and B: it would totally screw over popular culture in a number of ways.

Edit: And C: LittleKuriboh would probably have a field day using Bandit Keith.

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-26, 09:18 PM
I'm goin' as Val Hallen (http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w219/mwellenstein/Sci_Fan/valhallen01si9.gif) this year. My main difficulty so far is finding a set of black (p)leather pants (that fit me) at a thrift store. If I have to punt and go with black lycra I suppose I'll do it, but no one is going to be happy about the situation. :smallsigh:

adanedhel9
2008-10-26, 10:12 PM
My Rorsharch costume is 95% complete. I didn't think I'd be able to do it, since I started thinking about it all of 1 week ago, and the first thrift store I stopped at didn't have any trenchcoats. But after a long Saturday of shopping, I'm pretty much done, and I really like how it looks. I'm getting excited to show it off over the weekend.

The only thing left is maybe getting a cheap purple shirt to wear under the the treachcoat and to scrap for the band on his hat (mine's solid brown). And maybe purple gloves. But I don't know if I feel like paying that much attention to detail.

Gray Jester
2008-10-26, 10:17 PM
Hello, Everett. :smallamused: I lose.

Good day, Ariel. *bows deeply* I knew, but I decided that announcing my presence would be foolish when I could instead quietly observe and find possible blackmail. However, I played my hand too obviously with that post, though I would've thought you'd have gotten it at "Blammo", in the Assassins thread, you're really getting slower. Something about the "Hellville, VA" tipped me off, but it was really your description of the game of Assassin. Except, when you posted,that, you'd already been pwned by your best friend, and I don't think a new game has started, so you were obviously lying through your teeth. Lying isn't becoming of you. *nods seriously, and then disappears in a puff of smoke*

Dude... I... I think I'd like to see that happen. (yes, I live in the USA). Mainly 'cause of A: it would probably make a number of modern debates about borders and such, and B: it would totally screw over popular culture in a number of ways.

Yeah, but where would you go to escape the draft? Or the US govt.'s silly laws? It isn't easy to get your own private island, even though that is ideal.
--

Edit: Also, just a thought, for those who know makeup better then I do. How much work would it be to make all the visible skin on your body a very pale color? I ask because I could make just my face white, or I could try to pull off my face-neck-upper chest. I'll probably wear gloves, so my hands aren't an issue. Does foundation + powder work very well on parts of you other then your face?

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 10:21 PM
I'm going as The Joker. Unfortunatly, given that I have a fairly limited budget, and there aren't any good costume shop, a lot of it is meh. I'm wearing some dark shoes from my aunt's wedding, dark slacks of my dad's, a cheap cloak/vest thing that looks like his suit.

The real fun part is the makeup. All the costumes had a mask, and I was like 'screw that'. So, I'll be putting white makeup all over my face, lipstick, eyeshadow, and some black marks by my mouth to look like stiches over scars. And I'm also going to get some cheap dye to add some green to my brown hair. And then, since I have Halloween off from school (not because it's Halloween, but because it's a teacher planning day), I'll be spending a few hours in various states of frowning and grinning, to crack the makeup a bit.

Fun!

I'll also try and get some before and after pictures, to show y'all, and because I'm vain like that.

valadil
2008-10-26, 10:28 PM
I'm going as The Joker.

No way, me too! I know it's an unoriginal costume this year, but damn is the makeup fun. I went to a halloween party last night and the costume worked out pretty well.

http://files.thuranni.net/joker.jpg

For what it's worth I had no makeup experience at all, whatsoever. The combination of years of mini painting and a sloppily painted target make for a successful costume.

Raistlin1040
2008-10-26, 10:29 PM
Heh, yeah, it's probably a popular costume. Another friend of mine is going as the Joker too, and his friends all have makeshift clown masks to be his gang.

And damn, you have an actual suit. *Looks at cheesy costume suit/cloak/vest/thing* Blech.

valadil
2008-10-26, 10:38 PM
I was real lucky to find the purple trench coat. It was out in the open at the local Goodwill store, just staring me in the face. The really amazing thing about it is that it fits me despite being a women's coat and me being 6'4" / 305. Must've been one hell of a woman.

Faceist
2008-10-27, 12:45 AM
Man, I thought I was all original going as Rorschach.

Well, uh, I have pretty much the entire outfit, including a pretty good mask, though it's bloody hot to wear, and sadly the blots don't move. The suit and coat are few shades darker than Rorschach's actual attire, but, you know, screw it.

Mustiado
2008-10-27, 01:06 AM
Actually, my picture I just put up of me is my Halloween Costume. I went as a Musketeer.

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-27, 07:35 AM
Man, I thought I was all original going as Rorschach.

Well, uh, I have pretty much the entire outfit, including a pretty good mask, though it's bloody hot to wear, and sadly the blots don't move. The suit and coat are few shades darker than Rorschach's actual attire, but, you know, screw it.

So, what you ought to do is make 4 or 5 different Rorschach masks, all with the dots in different positions. Whenever you leave a room, put a different one on. It'd be like you being in a different panel with a the ink blots having moved from the last one.

Felixaar
2008-10-27, 07:38 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure if we'll even get any trick or treaters here. I got a few last year but that was in a more open place, and theres a long driveway down to this place. At any rate I'll probably just try to make do with whatever I can find, since I have no money... though I might go to that store and see if they still sell severed heads...

Copacetic
2008-10-27, 09:08 AM
I don't have Halloween off from school, So I'll be just dying my hair pink, and wearing an odd assortment of clothing. But after school, that is when the fun begins. :smallbiggrin:

WalkingTarget
2008-10-27, 12:09 PM
Hmm, let's see, from 2005-present there was the dead redshirt (http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/smilingbandit2/Halloween%2005/IMG_02501.jpg), Dr. Zoidburg (http://a16.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/53/l_c38796725b9c3527d3de6d0845ec347f.jpg),
Destiny of the Endless (http://a703.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/79/l_55fd99cf2b3bf167b90f6cfe5c451406.jpg), and Henchman 24 (http://photos-g.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-snc1/v352/186/119/32806403/n32806403_35060510_2129.jpg) (21 was there, just not in the picture).

Dr. Bath
2008-10-27, 01:27 PM
Arthur Dent all the way. I even have a tiny plastic fish and pseudo-Guide-like object. (and my towel of course) This is if anything actually happens on Halloween. It may not.

Castaras
2008-10-27, 02:59 PM
What you see is all I'm doing for Halloween. :smallamused:

It looks like you are writing a post! I suggest that you start with...

Raien
2008-10-27, 03:17 PM
My friend and I dressed up as zombie Wayne and Garth Saturday...I may have pictures eventually.

RandomNPC
2008-10-27, 05:05 PM
i want to dress as a scarecrow and sit by the candy dish, jumping out at people who try to take to much candy. its fun.

ForzaFiori
2008-10-27, 05:28 PM
I'm going as a jester. Theophilos from Shakespeares 12th night and the "Fool's Guild" books that take his story farther to be specific. My motley is homemade and nearly completed. The hardest part will be all the makeup. And learning to juggle.

Mr. Moon
2008-10-27, 08:09 PM
Well. So much for going as a red shirt. I couldn't find any dresses of the proper size at any thrift stores, and the ones that were plain, red and actualy fit had zippers that went past where I wanted to raise them. :smallsigh:

So I guess I'll just have to dig around my house for a costume. I have a nice red and black cape, a plastic bastard sword, and my brother's robe from last year. I should be fine. It won't look any good, but what the heck.

*sighs* It's hard to have a fun Hallowe'en when your mother is a Hallowe'en humbug...

nerfieguy
2008-10-27, 09:16 PM
i was thinking of dressing as jack-o-lantern to the story is realy fascinating anyway anyone got any ideas i could do with some please reply

Silence
2008-10-27, 09:19 PM
I'm going as an 80s rock star. I'll post my costume in a while.

nerfieguy
2008-10-27, 09:21 PM
Nope, halloween is usually not celebrated in most countries in europe.

they have halloween in uk and ireland i used to live in ireland myself so i think i wud kno jus moved to trinidad in caribean and they highly believe init so candy COME TO ME ! ! ! :smallsmile:

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-27, 09:50 PM
Silence, are you sure you got everything?

-Leopard Print Leotard
-Big Hair Wig
-Powdered Sugar (as fake cocaine)
-Abnormally high voice like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQMU3A9c9XU)

As for me, Nobodylovesyou4, Ahzrael, and some other guy, we're going as the red team's Demoman, scout, sniper, and medic respectively.

Fostire
2008-10-27, 10:28 PM
i want to dress as a scarecrow and sit by the candy dish, jumping out at people who try to take to much candy. its fun.

I saw a youtube video not long ago in which a guy did that exact thing, and when he jumped at two guys, one of them punched him in the face and knocked him out.

nerfieguy
2008-10-28, 08:53 AM
ah, Halloween. My favorite Holiday:smallbiggrin:

I was planning on going as young link this year because of my blond hair and extreme shortness however due to lack of time, me and my family simply went down to Spirit where I bought what appears to be a victim of the Bubonic Plague shirt and a rat to symbolize my disease:smallcool:

what u mean like a real rat lol you wudnt be so serious but its quite a cool idea!:smallwink:

nerfieguy
2008-10-28, 08:55 AM
I saw a youtube video not long ago in which a guy did that exact thing, and when he jumped at two guys, one of them punched him in the face and knocked him out.

oh yeah tht was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oo hilarious:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Raz_Fox
2008-10-28, 12:08 PM
I think I'll go as the scariest, most mind-bending creature possible.

*Knock, knock* "Hi, I'm a D&D player!" :smalltongue:

I actually don't dress up for Holloween that much - last year my costume was a Boy Scout getting service hours at a Holloween party. At least, that was my explanation for not wearing a costume.

Woff
2008-10-28, 12:09 PM
I was going to go as daft punk. But that is fraught with difficulties.

So I'm just going to stick glow sticks around my outline.

Coplantor
2008-10-28, 01:28 PM
Im going to paint my face like Peter Chriss (the guy wirth cat face painting of KISS), then I will put my head inside a box and I will tell everybody that I am schroedinger's cat. It's either that or a fecebook costume.

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-28, 01:43 PM
It's either that or a fecebook costume.

Sounds very... scatalogical. :smalleek:

Coplantor
2008-10-28, 02:02 PM
I have both costumes already designed. Is just a matter of moving my lazy behinds and start doing them.

Prince_Rohan
2008-10-28, 02:19 PM
No way, me too! I know it's an unoriginal costume this year, but damn is the makeup fun. I went to a halloween party last night and the costume worked out pretty well.

http://files.thuranni.net/joker.jpg

For what it's worth I had no makeup experience at all, whatsoever. The combination of years of mini painting and a sloppily painted target make for a successful costume.

Great job Valadil! I spent almost no money on mine, but the amount of work that went into pulling it off...

http://a42.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/77/l_b0f9b82b3a9320827f6d4d07563687f1.jpg

OverdrivePrime
2008-10-29, 06:29 AM
Looks like that took some work, Prince Rohan. I'm trying to get to that point, but man is it an arduous process. Specially the 'do not eat everything in sight' part. :smallsigh:

Anyway, I got finished cutting out the guitar body last night (I hate not having the wood/metalshop setup I had access to in college, by the way) and it looks pretty sweet. Tonight I sand and paint!

And today on lunch I'm gonna raid Goodwill for anything that remotely fits me.

Duos
2008-10-29, 06:45 AM
Some of these are great ideas. I went one year with sweatpants and a trench coat. When people asked what I was, I showed them my T-shirt, which said "I.R.S. Audit Team". I got approximately zero candy. Kudos to Bill Amend for that idea. Next year I went as the invisible man, which didn't require a costume at all! Just a bamboo pole and some fishing line. With a split near the end and a movable chock, I could open and close my bag. You gotta hide in the bushes for maximum effect. It was awesome. Of course, I'm a little old for trick-or-treating, and I'm not old enough to go to any real parties, so I'm stuck handing out the candy this year. bleh.

Stadge
2008-10-29, 06:37 PM
Some great ideas here methinks people :smallsmile:

And, I'm not doing anything for Halloween itself, but we had a Halloween party a few nights back in which I pulled off (an apparently quite good) Dominic Deegan, I know there’s not really much to it, but I’ll try and get a pic up if you lot want?

And we've got another party tomorrow night, in which the plan is for me (I had my hair cut drastically the morning after the first party) to go as Oz from Buffy, precisely from the episode "Fear, Itself" replete with "Hello my name is: God" label. Again, not entirely brilliant when it comes to costume choice, but the idea cracked me and my girlfriend up, so I'm going for it. Plus, it's cheap :smalltongue:

Beholder1995
2008-10-29, 06:57 PM
Just gonna say my costume is finished, and it looks pretty darn good if I do say so myself.

Also, I'll point that hot-glue gunning burlap apparently works just as well as sewing it... :smalltongue:

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-29, 07:10 PM
I think I'll steal my brother's epicly well homemade Roy Mustang costume.

Copacetic
2008-10-29, 07:37 PM
Change-O-Plan; I am now going as Jamie From BythMusters for Halloween. That's right, Jamie. I have a bald hat, a burea, and a fake mustache set out. It. will. be. AWESOME!

mikeejimbo
2008-10-29, 07:58 PM
I need a labcoat and a pointy wizard hat. I will be commenting on how much science is like magic.

Stormthorn
2008-10-29, 08:00 PM
A blakc Linen/Rayon buttoned spanish shirt with black vine patterns decorating it sparsly. Black dress pants and shoes. Thin black cloak. Black top hat. Black cane with a white tip. White gloves. And a plain white mask that covers my eyes and nose.

Im not trying to look like anything of course, despite being mistaken for the Phantom of the Opera.
After all, why bother going as something that already exists?

Ash08
2008-10-29, 09:11 PM
I am going as a bard, with nice medival shirt, hat, cloak, boots, belt, ect. and my harp. I'm going to my friend's Haloween party though so the harp may have to go:smalleek:

Prince_Rohan
2008-10-30, 10:46 AM
r-r-R-RORSCHACH!

Mein costume is nearly complete!

Photos people! Photos! There are some great ideas here, let's see them.

Egiam
2008-11-01, 12:32 PM
A Rorschach costume would rock!:smallamused:
(and be fairly simple to make)

I'm an actor in my local non-profit Ren-faire, so I got to wear my kick___s
Doublet.:smallbiggrin:

Zarrexaij
2008-11-01, 12:49 PM
I went as Alex from A Clockwork Orange.

Couldn't find a frickin' bowler hat though. They were all gone when I went. :smallannoyed: :smallfurious:

But when I went there almost a week earlier, they had PLENTY. :smallsigh:

Raistlin1040
2008-11-01, 12:58 PM
Costume pics!

1 (http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smilebox16390485lj6.jpg)
2 (http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smilebox16390487wy9.jpg)

Before you ask, yes, the point was to look messed up, especially in the second one.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-01, 01:02 PM
Costume pics!

1 (http://img112.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smilebox16390485lj6.jpg)
2 (http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=smilebox16390487wy9.jpg)

Before you ask, yes, the point was to look messed up, especially in the second one.

<<
>>
MINE
:: throws Rai over shoulder, runs away::

Raistlin1040
2008-11-01, 01:03 PM
Excuse me ladies and gents, it appears I am being kidnapped by a fangirl. Carry on.

ocato
2008-11-01, 01:05 PM
I thought about doing old school joker (not Caesar Romero joker so much as Mark Hamill Batman the animated series joker) but my girlfriend was out of town. I refused to do joker if she wasn't going to do Harley Quinn.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-11-01, 01:07 PM
I thought about doing old school joker (not Caesar Romero joker so much as Mark Hamill Batman the animated series joker) but my girlfriend was out of town. I refused to do joker if she wasn't going to do Harley Quinn.

Harley Quinn love <3
You can't do the old animated Joker without a Harley, anyways.