PDA

View Full Version : The Scruffinator's moment of glory?

Halvormerlinaky
2008-10-24, 01:18 AM
Is this the Scruffinator's moment of glory? The odds are stacked against them. Haley is surely in for some pain, Celia is a death scene waiting to happen, and the Belkster is a useless slug.

Are we finally at that moment we've all been waiting for? Most of you know what a house cat can do to certain types. How about a badass cat who does whatever the Hells he wants?

Only time, and Rich, will tell.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-24, 01:44 AM
Where is Mr. Scruffy anyway? I assumed he was still in the room with Cleric of Loki and Belkar.

Vizen
2008-10-24, 01:50 AM
He'll be around. Like most cats he seems to just come and go whenever he pleases. Its as if he has the power to Plane Shift!

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-24, 02:05 AM
I know Mr. Scruffy is equal to Tsukiko (at least if he gets a surprise round), but I don't think he's that powerful.:smalltongue:

Vizen
2008-10-24, 02:13 AM
What a pity...It would be a good explanation as to why cats seem to disappear for hours on end, then suddenly turn up again seemingly out of nowhere.

But anyway. Hasn't Belkar carried him around in a Bag of Holding (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0520.html) before? Or was that just some random bag? :smallconfused:

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-24, 02:27 AM
I think it was just a random bag. (I haven't seem him use it before then or since it happened.)

Roc Ness
2008-10-24, 03:52 AM
saw him half-covered by a speech bubble in the beginning of the new strip

King of Nowhere
2008-10-24, 07:09 AM
Being a cat, the Scruffinator will just trick the bad guys into giving him food till the sending is cast.

Ricky S
2008-10-24, 08:44 AM
Mr Scruffy is the most powerful member of the group. Who wouldnt be scared of a white cat? Even the mummy was in that movie. Thus proving white cats are epicly powerful! Wonder if scruffy could take on the big bad evil guys?

ObadiahtheSlim
2008-10-24, 10:50 AM
Mr. Scruffy exists in the same plane as V's familiar. ^_^

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-24, 10:52 AM
I doubt he could get past Xykon's DR, the MitD appears to be too tough for Mr. Scruffy as well based on the Miko encounter, and if RC has a descent amount of Concentration ranks, he wouldn't have any problems dealing with him either.

liuzg150181
2008-10-24, 11:00 AM
I am a cat lover,and Mr Scruffy seems cool since its appearance in the strip,hopefully it will do some wonders.:smallcool:

Austran
2008-10-24, 12:25 PM
Mr. Scruffy = Holycat

http://www.acc.umu.se/~zqad/cats/1161382100-1161380450651.jpg

hamishspence
2008-10-24, 12:35 PM
Not Ceiling Cat? :smallbiggrin:

[TS] Shadow
2008-10-24, 01:44 PM
I, as founder of the Mr. Scruffy Fanclub, approve this thread.

On topic, however, Mr. Scruffy is gonna do something important. Maybe now, maybe later, but it's happening.

rayne_dragon
2008-10-24, 06:39 PM
I'm betting Mr. Scruffy is responsible for the death of at least one member of the theives' guild.

Linkavitch
2008-10-24, 07:43 PM
Mr. Scruffy exists in the same plane as V's familiar. ^_^

Hey, I just had a thought. What if Mr. Scruffy was Shojo's Celestial Mount?

Corwin Weber
2008-10-24, 09:00 PM
We don't see Mr. Scruffy come and go because his real name isn't Mr. Scruffy.

It's Pixel.

Forealms
2008-10-24, 09:01 PM
I'm betting Mr. Scruffy is responsible for the death of at least one member of the theives' guild.

Meh, that leaves open the possibility that Mr. Scruffy doesn't attack Haley, and thus Haley kills a member of the Thieves' Guild. Therefore, Mr. Scruffy is responsible.

Samurai Jill
2008-10-25, 02:24 AM
...and the Belkster is a useless slug.
Yeah- plus he's got that whole Mark of Justice thing! *b-dum chish*

Greep
2008-10-25, 02:41 AM
Meh, that leaves open the possibility that Mr. Scruffy doesn't attack Haley, and thus Haley kills a member of the Thieves' Guild. Therefore, Mr. Scruffy is responsible.

Too bad Mr. Scruffy didn't visit the oracle and ask if he would cause the death of an enemy of the order of the stick. Then it would've been certain.

Knaight
2008-10-25, 10:41 AM
Hey, I just had a thought. What if Mr. Scruffy was Shojo's Celestial Mount?

Shojo isn't a paladin, so thats pretty unlikely. Now, maybe Shojo was Mr. Scruffy's celestial mount.

TerrickTerran
2008-10-25, 11:24 AM
Scruffy couldn't be a paladin...can't associate with evil:smallbiggrin:

I expect Scruffy will get at least one more shot of action though.

zuzak
2008-10-25, 06:36 PM
Everyone's underestimating him. Mr. Scruffy is clearly capable of mind control, allowing him to rule Azure City from behind the scenes for years. He even made the leader his personal servant. He had been influencing Belkar to like him when he showed up, because he realized that Shojo wouldn't live much longer, and that he needed to keep an eye on the gates. Because of this, Belkar was able to realize things about Mr. Scruffy through a telepathic link, for instance, that he was a "stone-cold killer." Then, Mr. Scruffy settled the feud between the resistance leaders. We can only guess what he was doing when everyone else went to the oracle, but now that Belkar has become useless, he's looking for a new target to control. Or else he's going to make the cleric remove the MoJ.

Lokasenna
2008-10-25, 06:52 PM
I think Shojo managed to tie part of his soul into Mr. Scruffy. This is somehow derived from Mr. Scruffy's battle against Tsukiko. Cats shouldn't be able to bound that high. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0522.html) Jump, yes. But continuously bound the same height, about 4.5 feet, give or take a foot, for a long distance? I don't think so. But I'm not quite sure how I go form that to Shojo having put some of soul into Mr. Scruffy, especially since aristocrats can't leap that high anyway.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-10-25, 10:38 PM
I doubt he could get past Xykon's DR, the MitD appears to be too tough for Mr. Scruffy as well based on the Miko encounter, and if RC has a descent amount of Concentration ranks, he wouldn't have any problems dealing with him either.

You've been reading the comic, right? None of them are there. Only members of a mamsy-pamsy thieves' guild. They're all toast.

As for your assertions, I'll leave those for another thread.

zuzak
2008-10-25, 11:24 PM
Oh, right I forgot about his battle with Tsukiko. You know, that distraction is really what saved everyone, so that means that, if Roy, Haley, Celia, and/or Belkar are involved in saving the world, Mr. Scruffy is at least partially responsible for it, because if he hadn't distracted them, Belkar and Haley would have been captured or killed, Celia wouldn't have been summoned, and Roy wouldn't get raised (assuming that he does). Not to mention that Belkar's reason for remaining loyal was remembering how much he wanted to throw a cat a someone's face.

Roc Ness
2008-10-26, 04:22 AM
V will take Mr. S as his/her new familiar, kill belkar and dispose of the body when he protests, discover a link between Mr. S and the Snarl due to Mr. S's constant exposure to where the Snarl is, say the right four words, boom maximum arcane power, Kills Tsusiko and Xykon when the snarl "betrays" him, kills his mate, Haley and Elan when he goes crazy with power, realizes what hes done, kills himself and uses some obscure magic to transfer all of his power to decharm the MiTD's charm that kills Redcloak for betraying, who, out of pity and compassion, uses the power to reseal the gates more powerfully than ever before after releasing and raising Lirian and Dorukan. He then raises everyone who was killed by V, raises V, raises Right-eye and Hinjo who died doing something heroic, and tries but fails to raise Belkar cos Belkars enjoying himself to much. Mr. S suddenly turns into Snarl, who has been hiding in Mr.s all this time. Everyone pitches in in one final dramatic confrontation in a farfetched dangerous, cliched area that spans for half the globe, Redcloak is dematerialised to sacrifice the world, allowing MiTD, with O-Chul's help, to finish off the Snarl.
In sacrificing himself Redcloak earns goblins respect and honour the way he wanted all along.

I predict thats how it goes. It answers many questions anyhow, I don't care if you read it or not.

The main point is though: MR. SCRUFFY IS POSSESSED BY THE SNARL!!!

Taekwondodo
2008-10-26, 06:34 AM
The main point is though: MR. SCRUFFY IS POSSESSED BY THE SNARL!!!

i have to say I'm glad you put that on the end as I think my brain exploded while trying to read the rest of your post.:smallfrown:

derfenrirwolv
2008-10-26, 11:20 PM
well technically belkar IS entitled to an animal companion.

Tempest Fennac
2008-10-27, 02:46 AM
I was refering to Ricky S' comment about MNr. Scruffy taking on the main antagonists, Halvormerlinaky (if an (at least) level 12 Mystic Theurge, the Rogues in the Thieves Guild shouldn't be an issue for him).

Roc Ness
2008-10-27, 04:55 AM
I still think the Snarl has possessed Mr Scruffy, cos Shojo has bound to have needed to "take a dump" sooner or later and Mr Scruffy got left on the throne. He might have decided to play with the little shiny blue sapphire cos he was curious and then BOOM! Curiousty possessed the cat. Then Shojo comes back from the little aristocrat's room without noticing any difference.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-10-28, 12:02 AM
I was refering to Ricky S' comment about MNr. Scruffy taking on the main antagonists, Halvormerlinaky (if an (at least) level 12 Mystic Theurge, the Rogues in the Thieves Guild shouldn't be an issue for him).

Oh, sorry. I must have scrolled past that one. NVM then.

golentan
2008-10-28, 12:11 AM
I still think the Snarl has possessed Mr Scruffy, cos Shojo has bound to have needed to "take a dump" sooner or later and Mr Scruffy got left on the throne. He might have decided to play with the little shiny blue sapphire cos he was curious and then BOOM! Curiousty possessed the cat. Then Shojo comes back from the little aristocrat's room without noticing any difference.

I... actually could see this being part of the plot. The question raised would be "why hasn't Mr. S disintegrated physically," but it would answer "why hasn't the snarl been reaching through the rift?" The snarl is no longer imprisoned!

Warlord JK
2008-10-28, 12:16 AM
Now, now, this is what is going to happen:

Haley will be on the ground bleeding as Bozzok is about to kill her. Suddenly Belkar jumps in and yells: "Mr. Scruffy, I choose you!!!" and Mr. Scruffy will be flung at Bozzok and tear apart his face. This give's Haley/Celia/Cleric/Belkar enough time to stab Bozzok and end his life. This will have been 15 minutes since the start of the fight, so the cleric had enough time to remove the MoJ :smallbiggrin:

Roc Ness
2008-10-28, 01:01 AM
I... actually could see this being part of the plot. The question raised would be "why hasn't Mr. S disintegrated physically," but it would answer "why hasn't the snarl been reaching through the rift?" The snarl is no longer imprisoned!

That is a good point as well actually, and I hadn't thought of that. But I suppose that if the Snarl is just a bunch of angry emotions, then it should possess a cat cos a cat can have emotions too.

Dreamthiev
2008-10-28, 02:10 AM
Assuming Mr. Scruffy became Belkar's Animal Companion, he would now have 8 HD, Str 7, Dex 19, AC 24, weapon finesse, and multi-attack. But his damage would be 1d2-2 for claws and 1d3-2 for bites.

It's too bad Belkar doesn't have the wisdom to cast spells, then he could cast magic fang or greater magic fang and up Mr. Scruffy's damage more.

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-28, 04:39 AM
Scruffy is possibly Belkar's AC. A cat is far weaker than a Riding Dog or Wolf, so Belkar probably gets a +3 to his effective Druid level for such a weak companion. Scruffy therefore would get the following statblock:Scruffy
Tiny Animal
HD/HP: 7d8(31)
Init: +4
Speed: 30
AC: 22(4 Dex, 2 size, 6 natural)
BAB/Grapple:4/-6
Attack: Claw +8(1d2-2)
Full Attack: 2 claws +8(1d2-2) and bite +6(1d3-2)
Qualities: Low-light vision, Scent, Evasion, Link, Share Spells, Devotion
Saves: Fort(5), Ref(5), Will(2)
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 8
Feats: Stealthy, Weapon Finesse, Multiattack, ?, ?Not really bad, especially if he has a way of avoiding the AoO he needs to attack(I like the throw, but don't discount the Aberrant Blood/Reach combo).

evileeyore
2008-10-28, 04:45 AM
Hey Vegeta, what does the scanner say about Mr. Scruffy's power level?

It's over 9000! (http://www.youtube.com/v/SYDWMSRbAyE&hl=en&fs=1)

King of Nowhere
2008-10-28, 10:21 AM
Why are you using the common stats for cats for Mr Scruffy? Since human abilities can range from 3 to 18, and even more with level boosts and aging, so even cats should roll some dices. And, by the way, 14 dex is low for the average cat. Mr Scruffy has the feline equivalent of adventurer's stats (in fact he himself is a cat adventurer), so I can estimate his starting stats that way:
STR 6 DEX 22 COS 10 INT 15 (he eats and sleeps at will, everybody try to please him, nobody expect anything from him; how can you call him stupid?) WIS 16 CHA 20 (he's a very nice cat and have charm-like powers on humanoids). And a +1 natural armor (fur). In addition, all the boosts for being animal companion.
And he will rule the world in the end.

Halvormerlinaky
2008-11-02, 01:28 AM
IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!

Yeah, I went there.

Sereg
2008-11-02, 05:41 AM
Mr. Scruffy (aka Scuffles) is a herald of the Good Cat Mistress.