PDA

View Full Version : Noob seeks DnD Mentor. Must have taken levels in Patient.

Zann
2008-10-24, 06:12 AM
Right, so, basically, I'm lazy. That's a given. So instead of looking all over the internet/spending any money, I've decided to beseech y'all for someone who can teach me how to play.

I understand the basics - dice rolling and such (I've even made up a character!) but anything beyond that is completely beyond me.I'm basically looking for a tutor - online, or IRL if you live in London.

I acknowledge this seems a little pretentious, but despite this attitude, I'm an alright guy. I just wanna learn how to play. There's nothing I can offer you except respect, friendship, and the fact that I'll always make reference to ya whenever I play.

Could anyone be interested at all?

Zann

Ricky S
2008-10-24, 06:25 AM
OK...
So your new to dnd you need to get to know the rules this site will give you all the rules you need www.d20srd.org It has all the basics you need. Basically if you have a group you will learn very fast. It is easy to learn basically just create your character and follow your group.

Decide on what you want to play and how you want to play. Do you want to be a stealthy rogue, a boisterous fighter or a quiet wizard? Once you have decided you have basically done all you need to.

Then all you have to do is follow your group and make suggestions to their plans and use your skills to help the group. Get other members to help you and you will be fine.

I suggest going fighter first time as they are generally the easiest to play. All you have to do is charge and hack n slash.

Hope this helps as a basis. Now get a group together and have some fun.

Talic
2008-10-24, 06:28 AM
Right, so, basically, I'm lazy. That's a given. So instead of looking all over the internet/spending any money, I've decided to beseech y'all for someone who can teach me how to play.

I understand the basics - dice rolling and such (I've even made up a character!) but anything beyond that is completely beyond me.I'm basically looking for a tutor - online, or IRL if you live in London.

I acknowledge this seems a little pretentious, but despite this attitude, I'm an alright guy. I just wanna learn how to play. There's nothing I can offer you except respect, friendship, and the fact that I'll always make reference to ya whenever I play.

Could anyone be interested at all?

Zann

That's quite possibly the most honest self assessment I've ever seen.

I'd be happy to help, as long as you're talking D&D 3.0 or 3.5. I haven't made the jump to 4.0 yet, so couldn't really assist with that.

bosssmiley
2008-10-24, 07:23 AM
Results 1 - 10 of about 191,000 English pages for RPG club +London (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=RPG+club+London). (0.24 seconds)

Google is your friend. :smallwink:

Or you might want to post in the Looking for Group section of the PbP Area.

only1doug
2008-10-24, 10:06 AM
what area of London?

I'm working at fleet street until the end of the month.

after that i'll be near oxford circus.

If either of those are convenient i could meet you one lunchtime for a IRL conversation.

Break
2008-10-24, 10:21 AM
I'd be glad to help online, as I'm nowhere near London. I can PM my instant messenger details, if that's alright with you.

Zann
2008-11-04, 05:54 AM
Anyone interested - either email me, or MSN me.

Any chat would be muchmuch appreciated! Try to make sense :smalleek:

Godric
2008-11-04, 06:22 AM
Just so we're clear: London, England...not London, Ontario?

Zann
2008-11-05, 03:50 AM
Just so we're clear: London, England...not London, Ontario?

I'm not going to even merit that with an answer. There is only one London, dude >>;

Tsotha-lanti
2008-11-05, 04:22 AM
More like at least 17 in the US and at least 1 in Canada.

Daracaex
2008-11-05, 04:32 AM
There's even a piece of the London Bridge here. It's in Arizona, I think.

elliott20
2008-11-05, 04:39 AM
unless you plan to run a campaign yourself or do something really out of the ordinary, most of this stuff is not really all that difficult to figure out. And once you do, it's like riding a bike.