PDA

View Full Version : Iron Kingdoms: Monsternomicon

Waspinator
2008-10-24, 12:40 PM
I've got the original Monsternomicon and would like to be able to use it in 3.5 without buying a new one. Is there any kind of conversion guide for it?

Waspinator
2008-10-26, 01:12 PM
Anyone know?

Asbestos
2008-10-26, 02:47 PM
I'll bump this up by saying that is a very good question because I would also like to know. The IK Monsternomicon II is 3.5 right? (I don't have it!)

Anyway, it should be easy enough to convert, shouldn't it?

Waspinator
2008-10-26, 10:01 PM
It should be in theory. I just wanted to know if someone had already done it.

Scaboroth
2008-10-27, 03:41 AM
I've been using the Monsternomicon I for a few years now (not as strictly Iron Kingdoms but just added into my "scavenger" campaign that included a little bit of everything) and I never even noticed that it wasn't 3.5. Admittedly I didn't nearly get to play all the beasties in the book, but the ones that I did take out to play performerd well and were lots of fun (GO GO gadget IRON LICH). What about the Monsternomicon, to you, felt like it needed to be updgraded?

And ooo, Monsternomicon II, didn't even know there was one. Is it in the same fashion, i.e. is it narrated by Viktor Pendrake, adventuring scholar? M-nom is one of my favorite M books still, because of the immediacy of the understanding of hte experience of this monster when seen through the narrator's eyes. It puts it right there in your mind, and well you understand what I'm saying when I say 'it plays well'. You can see all the monsters and racecs walking around the environment interacting with each other in a living, juicy ecosystem. I like thinking about big pictures, random tapestries being woven together. Bugbear ninjas and all that jazz.

Attilargh
2008-10-27, 03:51 AM
There are two versions of the Monsternomicon around, one for the 3.0 rules and one for 3.5. You can tell by the big, red "3.5" on the cover. Monsternomicon II is pure 3.5, narrated by Pendrake and features stuff like the Skorne and the beasties from the Bloodstone Marches, in addition to more familiar Iron Kingdoms gribblies. If you happen to play Hordes, many familiar faces.

There is a conversion thread (http://www.privateerpressforums.com/index.php?showtopic=6459) on the Privateer Press forums, but I don't think anything official has ever been released.

Waspinator
2008-10-27, 10:24 PM
That thread looks like just what I wanted. Thanks!