PDA

View Full Version : [WIP]The Janitor (idea brainstorming)

Tyrael
2008-10-24, 02:09 PM
Hey, folks. I'm signing up for a PbP game, and I was interested in using Bhu's Kobold Maintenance Man (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4405734&postcount=68), but my DM believed it too powerful for his (purposely underpowered) campaign. I began tweaking and fiddling with it, and gradually I realized that it might just be better to re-do it completely. I'm trying to keep the power level of this thing fairly low, around the level of Complete Adventurer stuff.

So far, it's very basic. What I need from you is ideas. Unlike the Maintenance Man, the Janitor's focus is not explicitly on trapping things or handling things, but on cleaning things up, repairing things, and maintaining machinery/magical wards.

JANITOR

“ ‘We’re sorry, this dungeon is closed for maintenance’? What’s that supposed to mean?” –Regdar, confused human adventurer

No matter who comes rampaging through an area, swinging swords or casting spells, the Janitor is the one who comes to scrub the monster goo off the walls at the end of the day. Armed usually with some sort of cleaning implement, the Janitor is the quintessential servant boy, and one can be found in dungeons, castles, universities, inns, and nearly any other large, public building in the world.

The janitor is frequently a person of low social status. After all, who would willingly clean up toxic magical spills all day? Tending to work alone through sheer virtue of his unpleasant job, the janitor sticks to his duty primarily because there’s nobody else around willing to do it. Some janitors enjoy their calling, slaving away happily underneath the thumb of a ruler or tyrant, just so they have a roof over their heads. Others succumb to their duty grudgingly, scrubbing the floors to pass the time until they can earn enough to move on. The janitor is something of a loner by nature, but he has mastered the art of survivability and is very comfortable in lightless dungeons or working with complex machines or spells.

The typical janitor is a class with lots of skills, often a rogue, but occasionally a factotum, scout, or even a ninja. The best NPC janitors are the ones you never see or hear about. They lurk quietly behind the scenes, but are well-known within their own humble circles, and without their expertise, even massive castles and crypts would fall into disrepair and ruin.

Evil janitors have no scruples about whom they work for. A janitor hired by a lich might be able to keep the crypt in running order for decades, and a dungeon maintained by a janitor is a frightening thing indeed, as traps spring with absolute silence on oiled bearings, secret passages allow for cunning flanks of an invading party, and that Symbol of Insanity on the lintel is just as deadly as it was a century ago. On the flipside, Good-aligned janitors are capable of maintaining a castle or university in working order for a very long time, ensuring the guest room is always clean, the front door never squeaks, the fireplace is always crackling merrily, and the pet Flamebrother Salamander in the corner is as docile as a kitten (some wizards have very strange tastes).

Janitors come from many different races, though the trade tends to attract humans, gnomes, dwarves, and half-elves. Monstrous janitors are common in dungeons, often small, weak creatures like kobolds and goblins.

Adaptation: The Janitor is a menial role that can be found in any society or building in your campaign world. Whenever there’s a public building of more than even a handful of people, some poor sap is the one designated to clean up afterwards. Many evil masterminds keep janitors in their dungeons to maintain the traps, feed the monsters, oil the secret doors and sweep away the bones of the previous adventurers. Castles are often kept by entire teams of janitors, and nearly every powerful wizard has one around his tower. For most people with large indoor spaces, janitors are simply too useful to live without.
Hit Die: d6

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become a janitor, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
Alignment: Lawful
Skills: Craft (any) 4 ranks, Disable Device 7 ranks, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 7 ranks, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 4 ranks, Open Lock 7 ranks, Profession (any) 7 ranks, Use Magic Device 4 ranks, Use Rope 4 ranks.
Special: Must be employed by a person of higher social status or rank.

CLASS SKILLS
The janitor’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise(Int), Craft(Int), Diplomacy(Cha), Disable Device(Int), Hide(Dex), Knowledge(Arcana), Knowledge(Architecture & Engineering)(Int), Knowledge (Dungeoneering)(Int), Open Lock(Int), Profession(Wis), Search(Int), Use Magic Device(Cha), Use Rope(Dex)
Skill points at each level: 8 + Int modifier

{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0|Class Ability

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0|Class Ability

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1|Class Ability

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+2|Class Ability

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+3|Class Ability

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+3|Class Ability[/table]

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class features of the janitor prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Janitors gain proficiency with simple weapons, light armor and shields.

Here I've just jotted down a few rough ideas for possible class abilities. What do you guys think?

Use improvised weapons with no penalty (only applies to cleaning implements)

Speak a command word and fill any bucket with soapy water, 1x(lvl2), 2x(lvl4), 3x(lvl6), 4x(lvl8), 5x(lvl10)/day

Craft times cut in half (possibly only for traps or for repairs?)

Duct Tape (DC20 Craft check to repair any nonmagical object of your size or less for 1d4 hours.)

Clean a 5’ cube of material in 2 rounds(lvl1), 1 round(lvl3), standard action(lvl5), move action(lvl7), swift action(lvl9)

Prestidigitation at will (lvl5? Lvl9?)

Some sort of ability to move objects or move through walls, maybe? Rock to Mud and/or Mud to Rock?

What do you guys think?

Lappy9000
2008-10-24, 08:53 PM
This class is a whole lotta awesome :smallbiggrin:

I can't think of too much along the lines of janitorial powers right now. I'm gonna watch some Scrubs and get back to you....

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-24, 09:50 PM
I don't play 3.X, or own any of the rulebooks, but maybe something like conjure suds? So he can slip enemies up or use it to clean big messes.

Also, he should get a class feature that gives him various resistances. Your broom has to be special if your in charge of sweeping up nuclear waste and other potentially harmful materials (i.e. dead gelatinous cubes :smallyuk:) (or fire :smallbiggrin:)

Lappy9000
2008-10-24, 09:59 PM
I don't play 3.X, or own any of the rulebooks, but maybe something like conjure suds? So he can slip enemies up or use it to clean big messes.

Also, he should get a class feature that gives him various resistances. Your broom has to be special if your in charge of sweeping up nuclear waste and other potentially harmful materials (i.e. dead gelatinous cubes :smallyuk:) (or fire :smallbiggrin:)

The suds is a cool idea. A variation of the grease (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/grease.htm) spell, perchance?

Proficiency with brooms and mops? Something with oozes would be great.

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-25, 10:41 AM
How about something like Workplace Insurance:

At the beginning of each day, choose one element. You gain resistance to that element equal to one half your Janitor level, rounded up. At levels 3, 6 and 9 you can choose an additional element at the beginning of each day. If you so choose, you may select the same element more than once. I.e. a level 9 janitor could get resist 5 cold, resist 5 lightning and resit 10 acid, or take resist 20 acid.

Does this work?

HOHOHAHAHEEHEE
2008-10-25, 12:45 PM
This class is a whole lotta awesome :smallbiggrin:

I can't think of too much along the lines of janitorial powers right now. I'm gonna watch some Scrubs and get back to you....

KNIFE-WRENCH!!!!!

And why does it have to lawful?

Tyrael
2008-10-25, 04:15 PM
@HOHOHAHAHEEHEE: Hooray for knife-wrench! I think it has to be lawful because janitors are types of people who work for people. Chaotic type folks probably wouldn't do well taking orders and slaving away in dirt and grime all day for limited recognition.

@Shadow_elf: Not a bad idea, but waaaay too powerful. We're going for underpowered here, remember? I like the idea about the special mop/broom/thing, as well as the conjuring suds thing. Hmm, I'll think about that a bit more.

Tyrael
2008-10-26, 05:53 AM
Removed Open Lock and Use Rope from class skills and skill prereq, added Appraise as a skill prereq, changed Alignment requirement to nonchaotic, and finally worked out a game mechanic I liked for the cleaning.

Edit: Removed Nasty Spills, changed progression of Janitorial Tools, added Maintenance Lift

JANITOR

“ ‘We’re sorry, this dungeon is closed for maintenance’? What’s that supposed to mean?” –Regdar, confused human adventurer

No matter who comes rampaging through an area, swinging swords or casting spells, the Janitor is the one who comes to scrub the monster goo off the walls at the end of the day. Armed usually with some sort of cleaning implement, the Janitor is the quintessential servant boy, and one can be found in dungeons, castles, universities, inns, and nearly any other large, public building in the world.

The janitor is frequently a person of low social status. After all, who would willingly clean up toxic magical spills all day? Tending to work alone through sheer virtue of his unpleasant job, the janitor sticks to his duty primarily because there’s nobody else around willing to do it. Some janitors enjoy their calling, slaving away happily underneath the thumb of a ruler or tyrant, just so they have a roof over their heads. Others succumb to their duty grudgingly, scrubbing the floors to pass the time until they can earn enough to move on. The janitor is something of a loner by nature, but he has mastered the art of survivability and is very comfortable in lightless dungeons or working with complex machines or spells.

The typical janitor is a class with lots of skills, often a rogue, but occasionally a factotum, scout, or even a ninja. The best NPC janitors are the ones you never see or hear about. They lurk quietly behind the scenes, but are well-known within their own humble circles, and without their expertise, even massive castles and crypts would fall into disrepair and ruin.

Evil janitors have no scruples about whom they work for. A janitor hired by a lich might be able to keep the crypt in running order for decades, and a dungeon maintained by a janitor is a frightening thing indeed, as traps spring with absolute silence on oiled bearings, secret passages allow for cunning flanks of an invading party, and that Symbol of Insanity on the lintel is just as deadly as it was a century ago. On the flipside, Good-aligned janitors are capable of maintaining a castle or university in working order for a very long time, ensuring the guest room is always clean, the front door never squeaks, the fireplace is always crackling merrily, and the pet Flamebrother Salamander in the corner is as docile as a kitten (some wizards have very strange tastes).

Janitors come from many different races, though the trade tends to attract humans, gnomes, dwarves, and half-elves. Monstrous janitors are common in dungeons, often small, weak creatures like kobolds and goblins.

Adaptation: The Janitor is a menial role that can be found in any society or building in your campaign world. Whenever there’s a public building of more than even a handful of people, some poor sap is the one designated to clean up afterwards. Many evil masterminds keep janitors in their dungeons to maintain the traps, feed the monsters, oil the secret doors and sweep away the bones of the previous adventurers. Castles are often kept by entire teams of janitors, and nearly every powerful wizard has one around his tower. For most people with large indoor spaces, janitors are simply too useful to live without.
REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become a janitor, a character must fulfill all the following criteria:
Alignment: Any nonchaotic
Skills: Appraise 7 ranks, Craft (any) 7 ranks, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 7 ranks, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 4 ranks, Profession (any) 7 ranks, Use Magic Device 4 ranks

CLASS SKILLS
The janitor’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise(Int), Craft(Int), Diplomacy(Cha), Disable Device(Int), Hide(Dex), Knowledge(Arcana), Knowledge(Architecture & Engineering)(Int), Knowledge (Dungeoneering)(Int), Profession(Wis), Search(Int), Use Magic Device(Cha),

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0| Clean (standard action), Janitorial Tools 1/day (Mop)

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0|-

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+1| Janitorial Tools 2/day (Broom and Dustpan)

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1|-

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1|Clean (move action)

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+2| Janitorial Tools 3/day (Plunger)

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+2|Duct Tape

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+2|-

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+3| Janitorial Tools 4/day (Squeegee)

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+3| Clean (swift action), Janitorial Tools 5/day (Spray Bottle), Maintenance Lift[/table]

CLASS FEATURES

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Janitors gain proficiency with simple weapons, light armor and shields.

Clean: A janitor’s job is to keep the area around him clean and in perfect working order, and sometimes this means working fast. Clean is the ability that must be used in order to gain the benefits of a janitor’s items. A Fighter picking up a Mop would not be able to use its power. Additionally, the speed with which the janitor cleans things slowly improves with experience on the job. At 1st level, the use of any of his Janitorial Tools requires a standard action unless otherwise specified. At 5th level, this improves to a move action, and at 10th level, this improves to a swift action.

Janitorial Tools: At first level, a janitor may summon a cleaning tool such as a mop, broom, plunger, or other implement once per day (improving as per class table). The summoned tool lasts for 24 hours, and any newly summoned tool replaces the previous one. Only one tool may be used at a time. The janitor is able to summon a mop, a plunger, a broom, or a squeegee, and is able to freely select between any of these at the time of the summoning, though each head is unlocked at different levels.

Mop: At 1st level, a janitor may summon a Mop. Long sticks with a resilient cloth on the end, mops are used to clean spills and soak up liquids. When using his Clean ability with the Mop, a janitor may use the mop to coat a 5’ square with water or some other slippery liquid as per the Grease spell. As a full-round action, the janitor may coat every square within his reach.
Broom and Dustpan: At 3rd level, a janitor may summon a Broom and Dustpan. A long stick with a collection of feathers and straw at the end, brooms are used to clear dust, debris, or other objects from a surface, usually the floor. Dustpans, a small metal box held in the hand, are commonly used to collect the debris for later disposal. The dustpan is lightly magical, containing an extradimensional space that only accepts rubbish and trash. When using his Clean ability with the Broom and Dustpan, a janitor may sweep a 5’ square of Difficult Terrain clean of debris and rubble, provided the pieces are no larger than his own size category. After cleaning, the square may be treated as normal terrain.
Plunger: At 6th level, a janitor may summon a Plunger. A medium stick with a pliable cup at the end made of specially-treated leather and lined with Gelatinous Cube ooze at the mouth, plungers are used to suck objects out of small spaces or off of smooth surfaces. When using his Clean ability with the Plunger, a janitor may suck objects of two size categories or smaller than him out of a 5’ square. A janitor may also use his Clean ability to stick the plunger to a wall. Once stuck, it behaves as though it were an Immovable Rod.
Squeegee: At 9th level, a janitor may summon a Squeegee. A long stick with a sponge on the end sprinkled with trace amounts of Dust of Dryness, squeegees are used to dry wet areas or surfaces to a mirror shine. When using his Clean ability with the Squeegee, the janitor may dry a 5’ square, soaking up any magical or nonmagical liquids in the space and leaving it completely dry. Squeegees do not work in bodies of liquid more than a foot deep or other large quantities. For example, a squeegee dipped into an ocean would only make the squeegee wet, but a floor lightly covered in acid could slowly be cleaned up in this manner.
Spray Bottle: At 10th level, a janitor may summon a Spray Bottle. A small canteen filled with the fluid of a Potion of Prestidigitation, spray bottles are often used to clean up the most stubborn of stains. With a Spray Bottle, a janitor gains the ability to cast Prestidigitation at will as a spell-like ability.

Duct Tape: At 7th level, the Janitor has worked long enough to know how things are generally put together and can jury-rig something in an emergency. With a successful Craft check (DC 20 for nonmagical items, DC 20 + spell level for magical items), a janitor may temporarily repair any item he comes across after a successful Appraise check (DC 20 or higher, as determined by the DM) for 1d4 hours, after which it breaks down again.

Maintenance Lift: Sometimes even the roof gets dirty when there’s too many Fireballs going around. At 10th level, the janitor gains the ability to cast Levitate at will as a spell-like ability.

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-26, 11:37 AM
I know you purposely want this class to be underpowered, but maybe the ability to walk on walls and ceilings at later levels would be okay? Since, how are you going to get Elder Red Dragon guts off the ceiling if you can't at least walk on walls?

Tyrael
2008-10-26, 01:51 PM
Hmm, good point. The problem is how to make sure that it's used for cleaning, and not bypassing traps and the like...ooh, I know! Maybe gain Levitate? That way you can hover up and down to clean stuff, but you can't abuse it by bypassing traps and obstacles and stuff.

Added.

Lappy9000
2008-10-26, 02:01 PM
Spider climb could work as well, I suppose. That's fairly low-level casting.

Fako
2008-10-26, 02:47 PM
What about an insight bonus to when they are travelling over slick (icy/wet) terrain? Also, what about immunity to the difficult terrain/grease effects he can create?

Another idea is to give them "Stonecunning" and/or "Trapsense", due to their meticulous attention to detail while cleaning...

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-26, 02:57 PM
Spider climb could work as well, I suppose. That's fairly low-level casting.

Yeah, I was more thinking along the lines of this. I know this is purposefully underpowered, but how about letting them spend a number of rounds per day equal to their Janitor level walking on walls and ceilings at level 5? They could bypass traps, but that would take up many of their climbing rounds for the day. Plus, wouldn't Janitors be required to bypass traps as part of their job description at higher levels? Have to leave them active for the adventurers you know.

Cookiemobsta
2008-10-26, 06:33 PM
I think having the ability to bypass traps would be a pretty useful skill for your janitor. Most of the skills he has now are close to useless; I realize that you're trying to create an underpowered class but this is very very underpowered. Giving him the ability at low levels to bypass traps and at high levels to temporarily disable traps would give him a useful role to play in the party; he would be sort of a poor version of a rouge. It would also fit in his job description; if he's cleaning a dungeon, he really needs to be able to get past the traps.

You may also want to give him a ranger-like "favored enemy" ability versus vermin.

boogers

Tyrael
2008-10-26, 11:59 PM
My DM's given the go-ahead to power it up to be a little more combat-effective, so I did. Changed the Janitorial Tools into the Acme Supercleaner, doubled the frequency of the Supercleaner summoning (it's the thing the class is based around, and it's not exactly a powerful item), changed Maintenance Lift to Maintenance, and added in Mop Fu.

JANITOR

REQUIREMENTS
Alignment: Any nonchaotic
Skills: Appraise 7 ranks, Craft (any) 7 ranks, Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering) 7 ranks, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) 4 ranks, Profession (Janitor) 7 ranks, Use Magic Device 4 ranks

CLASS SKILLS
The janitor’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Appraise(Int), Craft(Int), Diplomacy(Cha), Disable Device(Int), Hide(Dex), Knowledge(Arcana), Knowledge(Architecture & Engineering)(Int), Knowledge (Dungeoneering)(Int), Profession(Wis), Search(Int), Use Magic Device(Cha),

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+2|
+0|
+0| Clean (standard action), Acme Supercleaner (Mop), Maintenance (Mending)

2nd|
+1|
+3|
+0|
+0| Mop Fu

3rd|
+2|
+3|
+1|
+1| Acme Supercleaner (Broom and Dustpan), Maintenance (Levitate)

4th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1| Mop Fu(Quick Staff)

5th|
+3|
+4|
+1|
+1| Clean (move action), Maintenance (Spider Climb)

6th|
+4|
+5|
+2|
+2| Acme Supercleaner (Plunger), Mop Fu (Improved Trip)

7th|
+5|
+5|
+2|
+2| Duct Tape, Maintenance (Mage Hand, Greater)

8th|
+6|
+6|
+2|
+2| Mop Fu (Spinning Defense)

9th|
+6|
+6|
+3|
+3| Acme Supercleaner 9/day (Squeegee), Maintenance (Telekinesis)

10th|
+7|
+7|
+3|
+3| Clean (swift action), Acme Supercleaner (Spray Bottle)[/table]

CLASS FEATURES

Clean: A janitor’s job is to keep the area around him clean and in perfect working order, and sometimes this means working fast. Clean is the ability that must be used in order to gain the benefits of a janitor’s items. A Fighter picking up a Mop would not be able to use its power. Additionally, the speed with which the janitor cleans things slowly improves with experience on the job. At 1st level, the use of any of his Acme Supercleaner heads requires a standard action unless otherwise specified. At 5th level, this improves to a move action, and at 10th level, this improves to a swift action.

Acme Supercleaner: At first level, a janitor may summon a magical quarterstaff called the Acme Supercleaner a number of times per day equal to his class level. The Acme Supercleaner behaves like a normal quarterstaff except that one end of it is able to magically reform itself into different cleaning tool such as a mop, broom, plunger, or other implement. When a head is summoned, the Supercleaner may still be used as a weapon, though the cleaning end of the Supercleaner only deals nonlethal damage. The summoned Supercleaner appears instantly in the janitor's hand and can be called to his hand as a move action from up to 50 feet away. The Supercleaner is treated as a quarterstaff for the purposes of feats, class abilities, or other prerequisites. The Supercleaner lasts for 24 hours, and any newly summoned tool replaces the previous one. Only one tool may be used at a time. The janitor is able to summon a mop, a plunger, a broom, or a squeegee, and is able to freely select between any of these at the time of the summoning, though each head is unlocked at different levels.

Mop: At 1st level, a janitor may summon a Mop. Long sticks with a resilient cloth on the end, mops are used to clean spills and soak up liquids. When using his Clean ability with the Mop, a janitor may use the mop to coat a 5’ square with water or some other slippery liquid as per the Grease spell. As a full-round action, the janitor may coat every square within his reach.
Broom and Dustpan: At 3rd level, a janitor may summon a Broom and Dustpan. A long stick with a collection of feathers and straw at the end, brooms are used to clear dust, debris, or other objects from a surface, usually the floor. Dustpans, a small metal box held in the hand, are commonly used to collect the debris for later disposal. The dustpan is lightly magical, containing an extradimensional space that only accepts rubbish and trash. When using his Clean ability with the Broom and Dustpan, a janitor may sweep a 5’ square of Difficult Terrain clean of debris and rubble, provided the pieces are no larger than his own size category. After cleaning, the square may be treated as normal terrain.
Plunger: At 6th level, a janitor may summon a Plunger. A medium stick with a pliable cup at the end made of specially-treated leather and lined with Gelatinous Cube ooze at the mouth, plungers are used to suck objects out of small spaces or off of smooth surfaces. When using his Clean ability with the Plunger, a janitor may suck objects of two size categories or smaller than him out of a 5’ square. A janitor may also use his Clean ability to stick the plunger to a wall. Once stuck, it behaves as though it were an Immovable Rod.
Squeegee: At 9th level, a janitor may summon a Squeegee. A long stick with a sponge on the end sprinkled with trace amounts of Dust of Dryness, squeegees are used to dry wet areas or surfaces to a mirror shine. When using his Clean ability with the Squeegee, the janitor may dry a 5’ square, soaking up any magical or nonmagical liquids in the space and leaving it completely dry. Squeegees do not work in bodies of liquid more than a foot deep or other large quantities. For example, a squeegee dipped into an ocean would only make the squeegee wet, but a floor lightly covered in acid could slowly be cleaned up in this manner.
Spray Bottle: At 10th level, a janitor may summon a Spray Bottle. A small canteen filled with the fluid of a Potion of Prestidigitation, spray bottles are often used to clean up the most stubborn of stains. With a Spray Bottle, a janitor gains the ability to cast Prestidigitation at will as a spell-like ability.

Mop Fu: A janitor sometimes has to use his tools as weapons to fend monsters off his property. At the indicated levels on the table, a janitor gains the listed bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. Additionally, a janitor gains a bonus to attack and damage with quarterstaffs equal to his class level.

Duct Tape: At 7th level, the Janitor has worked long enough to know how things are generally put together and can jury-rig something in an emergency. With a successful Craft check (DC 20 for nonmagical items, DC 20 + spell level for magical items), a janitor may temporarily repair any item he comes across after a successful Appraise check (DC 20 or higher, as determined by the DM) for 1d4 hours, after which it breaks down again.

Maintenance: Sometimes a janitor needs a little arcane help to get a sticky job done. At 1st level, the janitor gains the ability to cast Mending at will as a spell-like ability. At 3rd level, the janitor gains the ability to cast Levitate at will as a spell-like ability. At 5th level, the janitor gains the ability to cast Spider Climb as a spell-like ability for a number of rounds per day equal to his Janitor class level. At 7th level, the janitor gains the ability to cast Mage Hand, Greater at will as a spell-like ability. At 9th level, the janitor gains the ability to cast Telekinesis as a spell-like ability for a number of rounds equal to half his class level.

Weapon Focus/Specialization is in PHB, Quick Staff is in Complete Warrior p114, and Spinning Defense is in Dragon 331 p28.
Spinning Defense
[General]
Source:
(DR331 p28)

Requires:
Intelligence 13
Combat Expertise
Deflect Arrows

Benefits:
While wielding a Polearm during a Total Defense Action, you gain the following:
a) an additional +1 Dodge bonus to AC; and
b) you may use Deflect Arrows any number of times until your next turn, but you cannot use the Snatch
Arrow (if you have it). You do not need a free hand to Deflect Arrows.

Shadow_Elf
2008-10-27, 06:59 AM
The newest incarnation looks awesome. If I played 3.X, I would so play one of these !

(Now how to make this into a 4e Paragon Path...)

Pirate_King
2008-10-27, 02:19 PM
weapon proficiency: Mop.
Need stats for a reach weapon, maybe a d8, d10 if it's wet, and can have different effects depending on the type of soap being used?

EDIT: and perhaps some sort of homonculus construct familiar thing, an animated mop bucket