PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Commander

BRC
2008-10-24, 03:33 PM
Just started playing it (I got it off gametap) and I really like the game. One thing Iv'e noticed though is that despite the shiny graphics (Not the best, but pretty good) the scale of the game is such that I spend pretty much all my time zoomed out to the point where all I see is the unit icons, the fact that only about half of the screen is actually the battlefield, with an interace taking up everything else dosn't help this.

But otherwise, It's been fun so far. Who else has played this and feels like posting about it.

MeklorIlavator
2008-10-24, 04:03 PM
Just started playing it (I got it off gametap) and I really like the game. One thing Iv'e noticed though is that despite the shiny graphics (Not the best, but pretty good) the scale of the game is such that I spend pretty much all my time zoomed out to the point where all I see is the unit icons, the fact that only about half of the screen is actually the battlefield, with an interace taking up everything else dosn't help this.

But otherwise, It's been fun so far. Who else has played this and feels like posting about it.

I like the game as well, though the interface never really bothered me until I got its expansion pack, Forged Alliance. It really cuts down on the Interface, and it also changes how you play the game.

Also, would you be interested in playing online? If so, just shoot me a PM.

Archonic Energy
2008-10-24, 04:54 PM
"COMMANDER UNDER ATTACK"

i need 3 fatboys & a Mavor....

Archangel Yuki
2008-10-24, 05:00 PM
I play at an Gaming Center with my buddies ALL the time.
We don't have the expansions, which saddens us, as we have virtually destroyed the original with our strageites. :DD
This is probably my favorite RTS.

Common stragety is a rush of ~120 broadsword Heavy Gunships to strike all Anti-Nuke centers, then the commander.
We can then nuke away.
:)
Its a really effective stragety.

Archonic Energy
2008-10-24, 05:45 PM
my favorite stratagy involves the UEF commanders nuke, several metal fabricators, several more tech 3 power stations, & a tech 3 radar system..

you can launch 1 nuke every 20 ish seconds... :smalleek:

Triaxx
2008-10-24, 05:51 PM
I love the game, love playing Cybran. Stealth and tactics for the win. And the Destroyer's are awesome.

Oslecamo
2008-10-24, 06:21 PM
Playing the campaign right now. Still didn't get the expansion.

It's a really nice game, and indeed as you said despite the pretty graphics you'll spend most of your time with the screen maximized to see everything at the same time.

But gotta love sending massive air strikes to buy enough time to get those workers in position and build a forward base with artillery to rain death in the enemy in less than 2 minutes:smallbiggrin:

Now if I could find someone to play online it would be even nicer.

MeklorIlavator
2008-10-25, 12:38 AM
Well, what times are good for you? I'm pretty flexible, especially on the weekends(though this is on the late side for me).