PDA

View Full Version : Looking for an something...[WoD]

Unscrewed
2008-10-24, 05:36 PM
Alright, a long time ago, I stumbled upon an old site where someone had made up rules for magical girls in WoD as a joke.

Really. I mean it, they did! But I can't find it anymore. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

RPGuru1331
2008-10-24, 05:42 PM
Try White Wolf Wiki. They're a fairly decent repository in general, though perhaps not for homebrews.. I can't check most of the good sites to find this from school, so I offer some humble advice.

Nerd-o-rama
2008-10-24, 05:45 PM
Magical girls in OWoD?

...Sailor Nothing?

Fax Celestis
2008-10-24, 05:46 PM
Magical girls in OWoD?

...Sailor Nothing?

Sailor Angst. She transforms by feeding on the blood of the living.

tahu88810
2008-10-24, 06:01 PM
Sailor Angst. She transforms by feeding on the blood of the living.

That's a hell of a morality check right there.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-10-24, 07:08 PM
I almost made a Mage campaign set in Tokyo where a Craft built around Magical Girls was devoted to protecting the world from a periodic gap in the Gauntlet located on the Tokyo Tower.

Am I a bad person? :smallconfused:

Unscrewed
2008-10-24, 08:27 PM
I almost made a Mage campaign set in Tokyo where a Craft built around Magical Girls was devoted to protecting the world from a periodic gap in the Gauntlet located on the Tokyo Tower.

No, you're freaking brilliant. I'm stealing that, by the way.

RPGuru1331
2008-10-24, 08:30 PM

Yes. You should have run it.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-10-24, 10:50 PM
No, you're freaking brilliant. I'm stealing that, by the way.

See, that's what I liked about oWoD Mage - since belief shaped reality, you could conceivably make any belief system the basis for a minor Cabal of Mages. Now, that could get pretty silly, but you can also really get your hands dirty with the fluff and make it awesome.

For instance, the Magic Girl Cabal drew heavily from the native population of Japan that had been influenced by the Magical Girl style of anime. Generally, those shows take otherwise normal girls and suddenly give them tremendous power - quite apt by the Mage Awakening rules. Aside from making things psychologically easier on the new Mages, it also gives the Masters of the order a convenient Code to work from - fighting for love and justice - and the expectation that you will be fighting Beings From Beyond.

As a modern Cabal, it makes a whole lot of sense, though it has to be strictly female. I believe their main Sphere was Forces, to aid in combat and in anime-esque manuevers (super jumps and, more importantly, super landings), and each Novice was given a unique material Foci (usually a bit of jewelery or a wand) as part of their initiation. Costumes were tied to Prime, while Matter came with Incantations (usually only Matter 2, for the purpose of the Pretty Transformation Rote).

Spirit was only trained for the highest level members, since they needed to be the first line of defense on the main Portal. The lower level members were usually instructed in lore and martial arts (for self defense), and were occasionally called in to assist with escaped extra-planar beasts.

Originally I was going to have the PCs called into Tokyo where they ended up interacted with the Magical Girl Cabal, but you could easily run a game where the PCs are all Magical Girls, I suppose.

Unscrewed
2008-10-25, 08:33 PM
I found it!

www. thekeep.org/~wombat/Senshi TM/ senshi.html

Take out the spaces, and you get the address.

Sorry for the lack of a proper link. The swearword censor got in the way. (put Senshi and TM together, and it'll make sense.)