PDA

View Full Version : Fun with combinations OR the funniest thing you can sneak by your dm

Pie Guy
2008-10-24, 08:27 PM
The idea of this thread is to find funny ideas of what to do with random combinations.

For instance, Delayed blast fireball + mage hand = Explosive suppository!:smallbiggrin:

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-24, 08:56 PM
The idea of this thread is to find funny ideas of what to do with random combinations.

For instance, Delayed blast fireball + mage hand = Explosive suppository!:smallbiggrin:That has another use?

Stolen in part from Tippy, a BoH turned inside out underwater is the perfect way of capsizing a ship.

Emperor Tippy
2008-10-24, 09:06 PM
Stolen in part from Tippy, a BoH turned inside out underwater is the perfect way of capsizing a ship.

I prefer a Sphere of Ultimate Destruction. It destroys anything it touches. Fire one in the water and watch the whirl pool of doom form.

Even on land it really should have an effect like the vortex ability of the blackball (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/umbralBlot.htm).

And for extra fun there is always kinetic interdiction strikes.

Pie Guy
2008-10-24, 09:19 PM
Still and silent on a channeled spell.

"OW! Ok, who did that! No, seriously guys, this is ****ing painful. Whoever's doing it please, just stop! OW! ok that's it!"

valadil
2008-10-24, 10:42 PM
Play a small race. I prefer gnome. Make sure you weigh 40 pounds or less.

Cast reduce person on yourself, followed by mage hand. Now you have rudimentary flight for the low cost of one cantrip and one 1st level spell, provided your GM doesn't rule that gnomes are magical objects.

Kris Strife
2008-10-24, 10:44 PM
Delayed Blast Fireball + Turn Undead = Holy Hand Grenade

Sstoopidtallkid
2008-10-24, 10:52 PM
Delayed Blast Fireball + Turn Undead = Holy Hand GrenadeHulking Hurler+Necromancer with Corpsecrafter feats+bag o' dead rats=Unholy Hand Grenade. :smallbiggrin:

SilentNight
2008-10-25, 12:26 AM
Drunken master/master thrower, throw anything an deal more damage than punching someone. Even a paperclip.

Irreverent Fool
2008-10-25, 05:36 AM
Play a small race. I prefer gnome. Make sure you weigh 40 pounds or less.

Cast reduce person on yourself, followed by mage hand. Now you have rudimentary flight for the low cost of one cantrip and one 1st level spell, provided your GM doesn't rule that gnomes are magical objects.

A person (even a halfling) is not an unattended object!

One I'd like to try is:
Dead body + animate objects + permanency + true resurrection
A dead body is an object and can therefore be animated. animate objects is specifically listed as being able to be made permanent. Spells don't care what happens to the thing they effect after they have been put in place (a stupid rule from Sage or a FAQ or something caused by the same people who own M:tG owning our beloved D&D). Behold! Now you have a slam attack, darkvision, low light vision, a 40' move speed, a natural armor score, and construct (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#constructType) traits! The downside? The animator can boss you around.

(Oh and yes, you'd be a construct, but you'd ALSO be a "dead creature touched", so True Res should still work.)

Edit: "Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected." Well that might throw a proverbial monkey wrench into my plan. Oh well. We're talking about sneaking stuff past the DM, right?:smallbiggrin:

Kurald Galain
2008-10-25, 04:26 PM
I once had a wizard who combo'ed the Tentacles spell (not Evard's Black, but the one that gives you two extra limbs a la Doc Ock), with a Flame Aura, with Tenser's Transformation...

AlexanderRM
2008-10-25, 07:04 PM
Does anyone know of a spell or similar effect that opens a permanent (or long-duration) portal between two planes that allows the inherent matter and possibly the substance of a plane (for example, negative energy) to pass through it?
Find a city or fortress or something in a depression (preferably one with a cliff right over it) and open a portal to the elemental plane of water directly above it... I call it (name shamelessly stolen from... whoever it was) "greater lake attack". :smallcool:

Now what would be REALLY awesome was if you had elemental planes for periodic table elements as per order of the stick. Open a portal between the elemental plane of hydrogen and the elemental plane of fire... perhaps open another portal to the elemental plane of oxygen in each plane, near the original one, just for the heck of it.
Emotes cannot express the awesome.

Hulking Hurler+Necromancer with Corpsecrafter feats+bag o' dead rats=Unholy Hand Grenade. :smallbiggrin:

That reminded me of:
Nightwalker + thrower build + large supply of voidstones.
And/or: nightwalker advanced to gargantuan size, with levels in cleric and use unrighteous might to increase to colossal.

Hmm... I've also been imagining, if you have a campaign that spans a huge amount of time, you could start out as a reasonably young (probably gold) dragon and eventually just age until you... because incredibly broken.

Lord Herman
2008-10-25, 07:12 PM
Does anyone know of a spell or similar effect that opens a permanent (or long-duration) portal between two planes that allows the inherent matter and possibly the substance of a plane (for example, negative energy) to pass through it?

I don't know of a spell, but there is an item that can do that. Rings of Teleportation, I think they're called. They're two metal hoops with connecting portals in them.

Zocelot
2008-10-25, 07:33 PM
You don't need the elemental plane, just a lake.

Jack_Simth
2008-10-25, 07:55 PM
I don't know of a spell, but there is an item that can do that. Rings of Teleportation, I think they're called. They're two metal hoops with connecting portals in them.

Ring Gate - but those don't work across planes.

A Well of Many Worlds can do it randomly, or a Cubic Gate can be crafted to do it specifically. Both are Core items.