PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 games

Inhuman Bot
2008-10-24, 11:22 PM
So, I have a question: It seems I may be getting a 360 soon, and I'd like a few suggestions for games.

*criteria when i'am not as tired*

Ideas so far:

Overlord

Fable 2

Halo series

Braid

I like RPGs, RTS games, and FPS's to a lower degree.

To be done later.

phoenixcire
2008-10-25, 12:11 AM
Get Mass Effect, RPG/Shooter.

Nano
2008-10-25, 12:17 AM
I think Dead Space is out for the 360... Gotta second Mass Effect, and Guitar Hero/Rock Band is always fun.

MeklorIlavator
2008-10-25, 12:36 AM
The Force unleashed might be good as well, but from what I've heard about game length, it might be better to rent(or buy and return, if stores near you allow that, make sure to check first!).

I've heard that Battle for Middle Earth 2 is a good RTS for consoles, but I'm wary of any such claim. Halo Wars is also coming out in the near future, so that might work as well.

RTGoodman
2008-10-25, 01:18 AM
For RPGs, check out Oblivion (if you don't already have it for another system) - I don't own it, but I DO love Morrowind and assume they're pretty similar. Fable 2 is pretty great, too, but it's already on your list so I assume you know about it.

For RTSs, I have no idea.

For FPSs, GET CALL OF DUTY 4. I've been a Halo fan since the 1st one was cutting-edge, but I haven't even picked up a copy of Halo since I got CoD4 last Christmas. And CoD5 comes out next month, I believe, and takes the series back to WWII (this time in the Pacific) and looks pretty good from the couple of trailers I've seen.

I also like the Rock Band and (to a lesser degree) Guitar Hero games, but those might not be for everyone.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-25, 01:52 AM
Mass Effect, Fable 2, and Oblivion were/are huge awesome time sinks for me at least. I would also assume Fallout 3, which comes this Tuesday, to also be yet another one.

FPS's, I love them. If you don't mind gore and a smig of Bad Ass, get Gears of War and GoW2 when it comes this November. Truly epic games, especially if you have a friend to do co-op with. CoD4 is also good, but I woulden't say as good as GoW.

Edit: Oh and geez BIOSHOCK. How could I forget thee.

factotum
2008-10-25, 02:11 AM
For RPGs, check out Oblivion (if you don't already have it for another system) - I don't own it, but I DO love Morrowind and assume they're pretty similar.

You know what they say about assuming anything, right? Oblivion is not half the game Morrowind was...

BizzaroStormy
2008-10-25, 02:26 AM
It's more of a TPS than FPS but is still epic. Saint's Row 2.

There pirates having gunfights with ninjas in the street, people yelling about madness while a guy in a spartan helmet walks around kicking people, and to top it all off, it has full character customization and co-op.

Drascin
2008-10-25, 03:34 AM
Really, if you have a PC that can run it, do not play Oblivion in console. The point of Elder Scrolls games are the mods, really :smalltongue:.

Anyway, I am interested in this thread, because I'm thinking of buying one of the other two consoles to complement my Wii now that I have some money, but I don't really know whether they're worth it because I barely know the games they have, so I'll keep an eye on the suggestions here :smallwink:.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-25, 03:38 AM
Not to turn this into an Oblivion thread, but I've never understood people's attitudes towards that game. Always so negative, when in actuality its a stupendous game. But yes, if you think your computer can run it decently, I would recommend getting it for PC just for the sake of mods. Otherwise, its just fine on the 360. I probably clocked 200 hours on my console version.

Red Sock
2008-10-25, 08:44 AM
You know what they say about assuming anything, right? Oblivion is not half the game Morrowind was...

Oblivion is still a fun game. I would recommend it.

As for other games, get the halo series of course. Gears of War is also a pretty fun shooter. And if there's any question in your mind about whether or not you should get GoW, do realize that it has a chainsaw, on a machine gun. That is simply too good to pass up.

Destro_Yersul
2008-10-25, 09:11 AM
Assassin's Creed is good, if you don't mind unskippable cutscenes.

late for dinner
2008-10-25, 10:40 AM
Overlord is an incredible game and Overlord 2 is coming out next year- good call on it being in your list from the start

Castle Crashers is a must have if you go for an xbox live arcade game

Earth Defense force 2017 is one of my favorites: TPS

If you Havent tried the Tom Clancys End War Demo its totally fun...in my oppinion...speaking the commands is a lot of fun

Bioshock=probably one of the best games ever created period

Fallout 3 comes out in 4 days. that will be a fun one as well for RPGs

If you are a fan of extreme sports and have a little money to burn, SKATE is a blast.

I have been a big fan of XBLArcade so here are my top ten...nice thing is about these is that you can download the demo if you want and you dont have to buy the game if you dont like it....

Ok top 10 in order starting with 10

10: Marble Blast Ultra
9: Mutant storm Reloaded
8: Mr Driller
7: Geometry Wars
6: Super Puzzle Fighter
5: Age Of Booty
4: Rocketbowl
3: Puzzle Quest
2: Castle Crashers
1: 3d Mini Golf

Red Sock
2008-10-25, 10:44 AM
Assassin's Creed is good, if you don't mind unskippable cutscenes.

I'd recommend renting it though. There's not much replay value, but it is good fun while it lasts.

snoopy13a
2008-10-25, 11:15 AM
Not to turn this into an Oblivion thread, but I've never understood people's attitudes towards that game. Always so negative, when in actuality its a stupendous game. But yes, if you think your computer can run it decently, I would recommend getting it for PC just for the sake of mods. Otherwise, its just fine on the 360. I probably clocked 200 hours on my console version.

Oblivion is a great game and its graphics are superior to Morrowind's but Morrowind has much more depth.

Oregano
2008-10-25, 02:39 PM
If you like games with story, don't get Gears of War. It's got less depth than Mario.:smallannoyed:

But I've heard the story for Gears of War 2 will be better, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Anyway Gears of War is overrated, whilst fun, it's lacking a lot and I hate the excuse that the online multiplayer makes it good, it's not an MMO!

Mc. Lovin'
2008-10-25, 02:47 PM
Well, for upcomming games I suggest ...

Gears of War 2
Fallout 3
CoD: World at War
Endwar
Left 4 Dead
Fable 2

And I think there's more, but I can't quite remember.

Red Sock
2008-10-25, 03:23 PM
If you like games with story, don't get Gears of War. It's got less depth than Mario.:smallannoyed:

But I've heard the story for Gears of War 2 will be better, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Anyway Gears of War is overrated, whilst fun, it's lacking a lot and I hate the excuse that the online multiplayer makes it good, it's not an MMO!

Yeah, the story does suck, but the game is still fun. As for online multiplayer, how is that not a legitimate reason? Once you're done with the story you're probably gonna spend more time doing multiplayer than you did in story mode. So I considerate a good excuse. And why should MMOs hog all the good online multiplayer?

Oregano
2008-10-25, 03:26 PM
Because that is exactly what MMOs are meant to do, Online Multiplayer should be a bonus on top of the Campaign, compare Halo with it's sequels, Halo is a lot longer because they didn't have to waste resources on an online multiplayer.

I admit it is fun but it nowhere near the level some people claim, to me it's not a classic because it's more like Unreal Tournament than Unreal, even though it's supposed to be like the latter.

Red Sock
2008-10-25, 03:56 PM
Because that is exactly what MMOs are meant to do, Online Multiplayer should be a bonus on top of the Campaign, compare Halo with it's sequels, Halo is a lot longer because they didn't have to waste resources on an online multiplayer.

I admit it is fun but it nowhere near the level some people claim, to me it's not a classic because it's more like Unreal Tournament than Unreal, even though it's supposed to be like the latter.

Yes, that is what MMOs are supposed to do, but doesn't really provide a reason for why online multiplayer shouldn't be able to make a game good. What you made is a separate, vaguely connected statement.

Oregano
2008-10-26, 08:08 AM
No it's clearly connected, Gears of War is supposed to be a third person campaign shooter, not a multiplayer third person shooter. The multiplayer shouldn't be making up for lack of decent story and a horrendously short campaign mode. The multiplayer should be in addition to a story.

Mr._Blinky
2008-10-26, 08:46 AM
No it's clearly connected, Gears of War is supposed to be a third person campaign shooter, not a multiplayer third person shooter. The multiplayer shouldn't be making up for lack of decent story and a horrendously short campaign mode. The multiplayer should be in addition to a story.

Uuuuh, no. It is supposed to be a third-person multiplayer shooter. That was the main thing it was marketed as, the only next-gen multiplayer TPS out at the time. While I would have liked a better campaign, most people played it for multiplayer, and just because it wasn't the kind of game you wanted it to be doesn't mean it was a design flaw. It just means they were aiming for a different demographic than you.

Oregano
2008-10-26, 10:00 AM
I never saw it marketted as a multiplayer game:smallconfused:, especially considering all the marketing was just Marcus Fenix running around and killing stuff. Well all the marketting I saw.

banjo1985
2008-10-26, 10:47 AM
Eternal Sonata might be a good call, nice little rpg, if a little over-cutesy.

I also really enjoyed Enchanted Arms, though it's very very tough.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-10-26, 01:21 PM
Hey guys. Don't play gears of war because it has good multiplayer but isn't an MMO.

Thats just a stupid reason. I'm sorry. Even if it wasn't 'marketed' that way, it still is a good online game. Good, meaning its worth playing.

Oregano
2008-10-26, 04:48 PM
Actually I said it was fun but don't play it if you want story. Then I went on about multiplayer(because lots of people claim it's a good game for the multiplayer, which wasn't the aim of the game).

My point was it's not as great as most people say, in my opinion at least.

EDIT: If you want a good multiplayer shooter, go for Unreal Tournament 3, it's what it's made for(coincidentally it's also made by Epic).

Ranis
2008-10-26, 06:21 PM
compare Halo with it's sequels, Halo is a lot longer because they didn't have to waste resources on an online multiplayer.

Halo's campaign is so long because they make you go through almost every level in reverse with differently-coded enemy spawns, not because they didn't "waste" resources with online multiplayer. I prefer the campaign in Halo 2 and 3 because they don't make me play all of the previous levels again.

RTGoodman
2008-10-26, 06:30 PM
I prefer the campaign in Halo 2 and 3 because they don't make me play all of the previous levels again.

No, they just make you play through SOME of the same levels in reverse, or in a bunch of levels that are very repetitive but not QUITE the same. :smallwink: