PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys of the weird west.

YPU
2008-10-25, 10:15 AM
I recently picked up deadlands; the great rail wars game. Ofcourse this game is kind of old and getting miniatures for it out here in Europe is somewhat hard. (and expansive) so in place of that, (for now at least) I shall be making my own stickfigure cowpokes, its the weird west giant style amigo. Inspired by the fact that the giant started oots by making simple cardstock figures for his game. All help would be appreciated, that’s general suggestions and actual art both. I’ll probably be making a list of units I should have. Currently I am working on a set of standard templates for normal cowboys and guns, actually, the guns are done. Now the boys.
Expect some cardstock gunslingers here soon.

Current problems, the hired guns should look different yet should all look like generic cowboys, thus I need to make a clear difference between the normal and experienced gunmen

Also, I know there are quite a few western style avatars in the playgrounders, now I am not looking to rip anybody but some examples of how you make cobwows would be nice as inspiration.

Gunmen
The basic hired guns.
http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo317/YPUitp/gunmen.png

Fawkes
2008-11-01, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a fun project. Number two's ponytail looks a little off, though.